Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah I was on ak-colt trying to deag from t to ct spawn and it wasn't working at all, really. Was hoping for reincarnated CS:S Deagle but nope :(

The only time it was laser accurate is when it came out on release. It still kicked like a mule but very viable on ranges up to dust2 pit to plat. Now you still roll the dice a little bit with standing accuracy but you're not caught in a huge accuracy cooldown if your first shot misses and you get in trouble. It's a lot tighter with crouch-firing, by the way. THEN you can snipe some heads.

I think the gun makes a lot of sense for being 800 now. I don't believe it should be the laser death cannon it was in Source. (Although I selfishly wish it was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

borf
Apr 5, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Is there something in this update that is making it feel like slow motion or is it my machine?

e: I mean when I look around, it feels very different to before

The patch created all kinds of performance issues. At first I was crashing constantly, then disable multi-core rendering and it seemed to stop. Then next map I was about 100fps lower than normal, and that may be your slow motion feeling. So I did the usual broken steam stuff, verify local file integrity, restart steam. Seemed to fix it, but now it's just a crapshoot when I load a map if it's going to work fine or drop frames again. There was a second mini patch last night, but I and many others are still having issues. Surprised to not see a hotfix already today. Unless they're just waiting to put it in with the imminent aug nerf...

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah I was on ak-colt trying to deag from t to ct spawn and it wasn't working at all, really. Was hoping for reincarnated CS:S Deagle but nope :(

Funny. I never wanted it to be the piece of poo poo it is in CS:S, it'd just be nice if it, you know, actually registered a shot on stuff that aren't a few feet away from you.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

braffle posted:

I got this but some dude told me to put -threads 4 in launch options and it helped. I think its based of cores, not sure though.

Yeah that can help if for some reason CS isn't adjusting to your poo poo. Some people get huge boosts when they specify threads. Depends on ur processor though. Look up your model and find the proper amount.

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.

Mimetic posted:

I just realised I've been playing with ingame mouse acceleration on this whole time :gonk:

Why would you make that a default?

Me too, realized it got turned back on when I reinstalled windows... Thankyou for mentioning it in the thread, who knows how long I would have suffered before realizing why my mouse felt weird.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Is the game fixed yet? ie nerf Aug and Sig back to normal levels.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
There's currently some bug/hack going on that is VAC banning a lot of legit players in matchmaking servers.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/648814845701248462/

Go to vacbanned.com and refresh the page, there's giant groups being banned every second.

So no, the game is still AUG/Krieg heaven, and I wouldn't recommend playing matchmaking for the time being.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

jerkstoresup posted:

There's currently some bug/hack going on that is VAC banning a lot of legit players in matchmaking servers.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/648814845701248462/

Go to vacbanned.com and refresh the page, there's giant groups being banned every second.

So no, the game is still AUG/Krieg heaven, and I wouldn't recommend playing matchmaking for the time being.

That bug is fixed. Also the way that vacbanned site works is it looks for the "This account has vac bans on file". It constantly runs checks and will always be gathering huge amounts of people every second. It doesn't mean they are banned, it means they were checked.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I've played cs in all its forms since the very first beta way back when g00seman and Cliffe were the main men and I have never seen as many people use the Aug/Sig as much as this and it's been brilliant. They're obviously going to nerf them again but the weapons are expensive and should be better than they were.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

I never want to see the css deagle again.

Hell, I'd even like a tiny Awp nerf.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Apogee15 posted:

I never want to see the css deagle again.

You sure you don't want to see more of this? I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWfEoFSlFU

If you're more of a 1.6 guy though, I got somethin for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSuBWzqudKo

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 7, 2014

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Xenaero posted:

Brilliant. Early GO deagle was fun too.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

The three days of deagle last year was hilarious. Fuckin one deags across the map. There were no dinks, only one deags. There was no missing, only perfect accuracy. This last year of poo poo deagle has been punishment for those three days of insanity. Glad the deagle is usable again.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

That's exactly why I don't want to see it. It was a ton of fun I have to admit, but I don't think it was ever really balanced for competition. I'd rather have the deagle be a niche gun which you can occasionally find a use for than just being the best pistol at all times.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
There was a small (<1MB) client update, it seems to have brought my framerate back up to where it was pre-patch so maybe they fixed the weird client crashing issue.

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

That's exactly why I don't want to see it. It was a ton of fun I have to admit, but I don't think it was ever really balanced for competition. I'd rather have the deagle be a niche gun which you can occasionally find a use for than just being the best pistol at all times.

in 1.6 at least it was a niche gun.
It was always somewhat luck-based so that gave you a better shot against rifles but against other pistols you were probably better off with the default.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

NickPancakes posted:

Brilliant. Early GO deagle was fun too.

Release stats Deagle was perfect.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Xenaero posted:

The only time it was laser accurate is when it came out on release. It still kicked like a mule but very viable on ranges up to dust2 pit to plat. Now you still roll the dice a little bit with standing accuracy but you're not caught in a huge accuracy cooldown if your first shot misses and you get in trouble. It's a lot tighter with crouch-firing, by the way. THEN you can snipe some heads.

I think the gun makes a lot of sense for being 800 now. I don't believe it should be the laser death cannon it was in Source. (Although I selfishly wish it was)

It was even better than release when they buffed it, I thought so anyway. Then they nerfed it to a shiny $800 piece of scrap metal.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

The Orange Mage posted:

If the Aug and Sig are even viable, JUST viable, and not even outright better than the M4 and AK, the player base is going to go nuclear. How dare they make bad weapons even remotely good! :argh:
TBH "just viable" is almost never the case with Valve's tendency to overcompensate and I'm not sure CS has the room to make all weapons have Tiers instead of being situational/alternate choices. It's not like people are throwing tantrums over insignificant changes. I'll be the first to tell you the CS community is petulant and fickle as poo poo but their complaints have been justified overall, imo. See: adada, movement, recoil, map clutter, post processing,

After getting the M4A1-S, which was balanced with the M4A1, we now have an autosniper accurate negev rof rifle with higher dmg+armor pen for $200 more. The SIG is about the same. There's no reason to buy anything else if you have the money and it even makes buying an AWP questionable. Instead of looking at the autosnipers (which could actually use a nerf) they midly nerfed moving accuracy and transferred all the p90s bullshit to the scoped weapons, the 2 guns that were underused but didn't really need immediate changes to begin with. So now we have turret guns. Make the game harder not easier, valve pls

I say increase the prices to $3400/$3600 and revert either accuracy or rof. With improved scope control and walking accuracy (this was fine too..) it should be OK

On the plus side we can now hold angles because it's a nightmare peeking an AUG/SIG :DDD

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 7, 2014

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

Had some fun tonight in a goon game. I'm sorry I sucked so much! I should have read the OP before playing though, reading it now there's so many things that make sense now.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
They've actually done a good job making everything "just viable" for CS:GO. The dualies, autoshotgun and M240 are the only novelty weapons I rarely see used. It'd be strange for the AK47 to get bumped out of being the all-around best rifle for most situations, so I'd like to see an AUG/Krieg nerf.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Well yeah there's no way the Aug and Sig are going to stay like this so enjoy it while it lasts. Weapon balance was fine, the deagle needed a buff but that was about it.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

After getting the M4A1-S, which was balanced with the M4A1, we now have an autosniper accurate negev rof rifle with higher dmg+armor pen for $200 more. The SIG is about the same. There's no reason to buy anything else if you have the money and it even makes buying an AWP questionable.

AK is also autosniper accurate, and an OHK headshot for less money than the Sig.

mcvey posted:

Well yeah there's no way the Aug and Sig are going to stay like this so enjoy it while it lasts. Weapon balance was fine, the deagle needed a buff but that was about it.

When they nerf it, it will most likely be a nerf to the fire rate.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Dvsilverwing posted:

AK is also autosniper accurate, and an OHK headshot for less money than the Sig.

But it also is only two burst accurate. The Sig can hold a bead for like 4-5+ bullets. At this point in time, if you are buying and AK or M4 you are handicapping yourself.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I like that they are mixing up the weapon balance.

Personally, I'd like to see m4/ak get nerfed along with the aug and sg, to the point that the aug/sig are just a little bit better than the m4/ak, and the m4/ak are just slightly worse than what they are now.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Autoshotgun is probably a nightmare to balance. It will always either be hilariously weak or an instant win at close range. As it stands, it probably does nothing to armored targets.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah the SG isn't as bad as the AUG, but it still has a zoom with slightly more damage (unaffected by armor) and is also a 1HK.

Apogee15 posted:

Personally, I'd like to see m4/ak get nerfed along with the aug and sg, to the point that the aug/sig are just a little bit better than the m4/ak, and the m4/ak are just slightly worse than what they are now.

Then you might run into the problem of cost effectiveness vs each other and damage against SMGs. How would you nerf them?

Also after playing some more I think they should have increased moving inaccuracy for full auto weapons far more. Like 200% minimum

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Today I learned that the Mag-7 is pretty accurate while jumping. I also learned that jumping shotgun rushes are the perfect counter to the buffed rifles in the silver ranks

I think I got reported :v:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Yeah the SG isn't as bad as the AUG, but it still has a zoom with slightly more damage (unaffected by armor) and is also a 1HK.

Then you might run into the problem of cost effectiveness vs each other and damage against SMGs. How would you nerf them?

Also after playing some more I think they should have increased moving inaccuracy for full auto weapons far more. Like 200% minimum

'eh i'm not talking huge nerfs or anything, I think rifles would still be in general better than smgs because of the penetration.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

It's all irrelevant anyway, because the second best gun in the game, the sawn-off shotgun, has yet to be nerfed.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Carrier posted:

It's all irrelevant anyway, because the second best gun in the game, the sawn-off shotgun, has yet to be nerfed.

You are so far beyond drunk it is unbelievable. Literally, the worst guns in the game are Sawed Off and Dualies. The Sawed Off needs a little range boost or additional pellets+damage boost. The dualies just need to be a tad more accurate or have a tiny bit more damage. Trust me, I have used these dumb loving guns far too much.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Take the 1.6 route and chop the RoF in half when scoped. Maybe take the unscoped RoF down a touch too. Then put +700 on the prices.

Price is a good deterrent--the autosniper is still ridiculously OP but the price is still prohibitive enough that people don't buy it very often. I'm pretty sure we'd see the same effect with a pricey-er AUG/SG.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Fat Lou posted:

You are so far beyond drunk it is unbelievable. Literally, the worst guns in the game are Sawed Off and Dualies. The Sawed Off needs a little range boost or additional pellets+damage boost. The dualies just need to be a tad more accurate or have a tiny bit more damage. Trust me, I have used these dumb loving guns far too much.

You don't think the XM is worse than the Sawed-Off? Yeah the Sawed-off competes with the Nova, but the XM competes with the P90 and the Galil.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
top 3 worst guns in the game:

poo poo bronze. tec-9
poo poo silver. pump
poo poo gold. galil

the xm owns

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

down with slavery posted:

poo poo bronze. tec-9
poo poo silver. pump
poo poo gold. galil

the xm owns

this is all just wrong because the tec-9 is amazing

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

stickyfngrdboy posted:

this is all just wrong because the tec-9 is amazing

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
See!?

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
I think it's interesting that the movement penalty also acts as a stealth buff for pistols across the board which I think is good.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

down with slavery posted:

poo poo bronze. tec-9
poo poo silver. pump
poo poo gold. galil

the xm owns

this, except "the poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo