Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I'm sure I've watched 24 but literally all I can remember about it is Jack Bauer was a junkie at some point and kicked heroin in literally two hours or some poo poo.
He's literally about to shoot up in his office at CTU, thinks about what he's doing, then throws his entire heroin kit in trash. I think he might have even screamed before he did it, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

He's literally about to shoot up in his office at CTU, thinks about what he's doing, then throws his entire heroin kit in trash. I think he might have even screamed before he did it, too.

Hey now, there were a couple episodes where he was having withdrawal symptoms. Then the drug kingpin guy gave him some pills and said "These should help," and then Jack was fine forever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ShakeZula posted:

Hey now, there were a couple episodes where he was having withdrawal symptoms. Then the drug kingpin guy gave him some pills and said "These should help," and then Jack was fine forever.

He was able to kick the habit since he is Jack Bauer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

bobkatt013 posted:

He was able to kick the habit since he is Jack Bauer.

He didn't get addicted to drugs; the drugs got addicted to him.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

ShakeZula posted:

That's how methadone works, right? I'm pretty sure that's how methadone works.

Also, a man is being tortured for information right now by another dude by defibrillating him in the head with defib paddles. I keep expecting him to start singing folk songs.

In addition, Elisha Cuthbert has been trapped by the smartest mountain lion in the world. It lays snares.

Is there a thread I can livepost about this poo poo in? Because it feels like there should be. There's so much to talk about regarding this show from 2002! C'mon guys!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't even know why, but I somehow loving remember that drat mountain lion.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I don't even know why, but I somehow loving remember that drat mountain lion.
How could you forget?!

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I was very thankful for the show Happy Endings showing me that Cuthbert isn't a terrible actress, her forte is just comedy (and drunk-eating ribs.)

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Geekkake posted:

In addition, Elisha Cuthbert has been trapped by the smartest mountain lion in the world. It lays snares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhmbJKSSuYQ

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

ShakeZula posted:

Remember the season is one day, not forever. If you took something halfway through the day that supposedly got rid of symptoms for the rest of the day, why would you be showing symptoms for the rest of the day?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The next TV show that AMC will eventually try to ruin once it gets popular: an adaptation of the Preacher comic book series. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg to EP.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

VDay posted:

The next TV show that AMC will eventually try to ruin once it gets popular: an adaptation of the Preacher comic book series. Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg to EP.

Just as bad as Showtime but in a whole different way.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

VDay posted:

Regardless, I'm still extremely excited about this.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Geekkake posted:

That's how methadone works, right? I'm pretty sure that's how methadone works.

People always go on about Jack getting over heroin in two hours, but yeah, wouldn't some methadone stop the urge long enough to help him through that day? For all we know he went cold turkey after the season finale.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Junkenstein posted:

People always go on about Jack getting over heroin in two hours, but yeah, wouldn't some methadone stop the urge long enough to help him through that day? For all we know he went cold turkey after the season finale.

No, that's not really how it would work. Methadone would relieve withdrawal symptoms, sure, but it would also make him very high or put him to sleep (or both).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

precision posted:

No, that's not really how it would work. Methadone would relieve withdrawal symptoms, sure, but it would also make him very high or put him to sleep (or both).

Maybe he was just extremely high for the rest of the day. Might explain a thing or two.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

precision posted:

Was he given Methadone or Suboxone? Or is it unspecified?

We're thinking about this way more than the writers did.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

escape artist posted:

TV IV in a nutshell.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

precision posted:

but it would also make him very high or put him to sleep (or both).

What sort of bitch rear end junkies you dealing with? Most of the folks I know down their methadone then go about their day as if nothing had happened.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Most junkies I know are dead. :smith:

escape artist posted:

New thread title, please.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GreenNight posted:

TV IV in a nutshell.

To be fair, also 24 in a nutshell.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

escape artist posted:

An accurate description of every Ryan Murphy show ever.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

xeria posted:

So, what's Ryan Murphy good at, then, other than getting funding to make new shows?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

xeria posted:

Making a good first season that goes to crazy/poo poo town. Also hurting Party Down.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 7, 2014

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

whowhatwhere posted:

So, what's Ryan Murphy good at, then, other than getting funding to make new shows?

Somehow convincing big-ish name celebrities to guest star on his shows.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just read that Breaking Bad writer Sam Catlin (Crawl Space, Fifty-One, Rabid Dog) is the writer/showrunner for the Preacher pilot. Like I wasn't excited enough already.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

whowhatwhere posted:

Tweating. Thinking he knows what it feels like to be a woman or black or even gay and getting it all tragically wrong. At least the second is a source of (unintentional) comedy.

escape artist posted:

New forum subtitle.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

whowhatwhere posted:

Copying music

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Geekkake posted:

It's incredible, and if by some chance you're just now crawling out the same rock I've been under for 10+ years, you need to give it a watch.

It's one of my favourite shows ever. It makes a huge dip in quality in Season 6. So much so that the creators and Kiefer Sutherland APOLOGIZED for the season. Something seldom seen- not even the creators of Dexter did that.

You really should have watched season 1 to the end-- or at least the last 4 episodes. Glad the premiere of Season 2 brought you back in. I still remember the waiting between episodes for the new twists/cliffhangers. Such fun television.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

VDay posted:

Sam Caitlan (producer/writer from Breaking Bad) as showrunner. Don't forget that.

EDIT: See my point's already been made.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > TV IV Couch Chat: We're thinking about this way more than the writers did.

BarbarousBertha posted:

New forum subtitle.

Please tell me this can happen. Please.

Alton Brown put a thing on his facebook;

Todd Bailey, Art Director extraordinaire, and I reminisce about the evolution of sets and props on Good Eats. Hear about when we got a standing ovation at the grocery store, solve the mystery of who “Thing” was, find out why the set was dubbed “The Snowflake Factory,” and learn about our shared love of googly eyes.
Listen Here >> http://bitly.com/iTabcast32
Stream on Nerdist>> http://bitly.com/Nabcast32

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Several people on my Facebook are "literally shaking in anger" because they're edgy and hate Seth Rogen and based solely on that are convinced Preacher will be terrible and that they'll "tame it down".

Because you know, Walking Dead is such a tame show. What they really mean is "AMC will cut out all the swearing" which seems like the pettiest reason to get pre-mad at a thing.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

You are Facebook friends with a bunch of 12 year old whiners.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

precision posted:

Several people on my Facebook are "literally shaking in anger" because they're edgy and hate Seth Rogen and based solely on that are convinced Preacher will be terrible and that they'll "tame it down".

Because you know, Walking Dead is such a tame show. What they really mean is "AMC will cut out all the swearing" which seems like the pettiest reason to get pre-mad at a thing.

how old are these people because the only time I've ever heard the phrase "literally shaking in anger" is stupid teenage girls on tumblr.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Austrian mook posted:

how old are these people because the only time I've ever heard the phrase "literally shaking in anger" is stupid teenage girls on tumblr.

I'm going to assume anyone who still cares about Preacher in 2014 is probably in their mid to late 30s.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

To be honest, I've never heard of Preacher until this news hit. I checked out Wikipedia and got excited.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Irish Joe posted:

I'm going to assume anyone who still cares about Preacher in 2014 is probably in their mid to late 30s.

Austrian mook posted:

GreenNight posted:

You are Facebook friends with a bunch of 12 year old whiners.

Points for none of you! The people in question are late 20s. They do act like 12 year olds, though.

Facebook makes you stupid.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Guy who made Happy Endings just had a pilot order for a show called Cuz-Bros. It's about cousins who are friends. Cuz-Bros.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Here, have Channel 4's Winter Olympics advert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RID82Ru-k

God bless the license fee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GraPar posted:

Guy who made Happy Endings just had a pilot order for a show called Cuz-Bros. It's about cousins who are friends. Cuz-Bros.

I'll give it a go purely for his happy endings background.

• Locked thread