Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Will The games still happen if something blows up

Would anyone, at this point, even really notice? A bombing isn't going to make it any dirtier or less terrible.

I think Atlanta still had games after their bombing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Our buildings had mortar though. The terrorists will be shocked when a small bomb meant to kill people knocks down several buildings as well.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Germstore posted:

Our buildings had mortar though. The terrorists will be shocked when a small bomb meant to kill people knocks down several buildings as well.

Their bombs will be built with the same care and attention to detail as everything else in Sochi.

It will sound like a Russian guy taking loud fart with a bunch of dogs barking at him.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
This is the most Exciting Olympics in years

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Germstore posted:

"JESUS CHRIST Sergei how much dynamite did you use?"

"None, that was a bag of popcorn"

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
We're all going to feel very silly when the terrorists are fooled into harmlessly blowing up a vacant tarp building and then are overcome by a pack of wild dogs.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Brown Moses posted:

Mostly it's about the tap water.
Tarp water?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Maybe that's what the tarps are for.

Maybe it's like one of those decoy towns in ww2

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Noni posted:

We're all going to feel very silly when the terrorists are fooled into harmlessly blowing up a vacant tarp building and then are overcome by a pack of wild dogs.

Yeah, we'll feel silly until the Russian security floods the stands with fentanyl gas to try to put down the dogs.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Holy poo poo did they manage to book the animatronic bear band from chuck e cheese? So watching this

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, we'll feel silly until the Russian security floods the stands with naxalone gas to try to put down the dogs.

Get a vent hood. Problem solved.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Yeah, we'll feel silly until the Russian security floods the stands with fentanyl gas to try to put down the dogs.

Isn't fentanyl that awesome painkiller that all the junkies want? Best Olympics

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
On the plus side holidaying in Sochi after this will cost practically nothing

like flights to new york just after 9/11

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Noni posted:

Oh god they let the dogs free! THE DOGS ARE FREE! Pray you can run faster than the man next to you.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Such doge

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Greyhawk posted:

Get a vent hood. Problem solved.

they can't get light bulbs, door handles or shower curtains (because they are being used as tarps) there is no way in hell they'll get a vent hood.

Unless it is some lovely above the stove fan labeled as "VENT" and isn't correctly grounded at all.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Rexicon1 posted:

This is the most Exciting Olympics in years

I don't care about the Olympics, but this could only be better if North Korea hosted the games.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Rambling Robot posted:

I don't care about the Olympics, but this could only be better if North Korea hosted the games.

Or Somalia.
Difference though is that if there were games in S Korea/Somalia, the local populace would get a benefit from it even if it was more corpses to eat.
That's not even happening here.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm fully expecting a scene out worthy of being out of The Futurological Congress. The Olympic village gets overrun with wild dogs after being partial buried in toxic waste landslides, al Qaeda, Spetsnaz and whoever break out in open street battles with one another, and this is after everyone goes insane from mercury poising and watching t.a.T.u. kiss.

Oh yeah, and a Potemkin village collapses in the background after catching fire.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Fat Ogre posted:

Would anyone, at this point, even really notice? A bombing isn't going to make it any dirtier or less terrible.

They have an army of seamstresses standing by that will quickly repair any damage to the tarps.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Rambling Robot posted:

Best Korea has chosen not to compete in the winter Olympics this year so that all the other teams may have a chance at winning gold medals for once.

Instead Best Korea has decided to host their 64th annual HUNGER GAMES!

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

So UK Channel 4 made an "ad" for Sochi, and it's fabulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RID82Ru-k

You might say being subtle isn't their forte.. :v:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I hope tonight Bob Costas has pink eye in his other eye too.

And every night for the next two weeks, he gets an infection somewhere else and just gets progressively more red and swollen.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I hope tonight Bob Costas has pink eye in his other eye too.

And every night for the next two weeks, he gets an infection somewhere else and just gets progressively more red and swollen.

Bob Costas apparently used the indeterminate amount of semen sheets and then washed his face with the yellow tap water.

Simple mistake comrade! This happen all the time. Best medicine is pour Wodka in eye and let dog lick tears away!

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Collateral Damage posted:

So UK Channel 4 made an "ad" for Sochi, and it's fabulous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RID82Ru-k

You might say being subtle isn't their forte.. :v:

Reminds me that basso profondo from Russia can be really awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3TjfUFXJZQ

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

The silly feeling *is* a side effect of fentanyl.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
seriously though why is semen sheets a thing did someone tweet that

myshl0ng
Feb 19, 2011

ooh, i've been a bad little poster!
Are corrupt heads gonna roll or does Putin just not give a gently caress

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

myshl0ng posted:

Putin not give gently caress

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

myshl0ng posted:

This is Putin's Russia. The sign on the door says "I am passink the buck because I do not give a buck"

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

SarutosZero posted:

Oh god they let the dogs free! THE DOGS ARE FREE! Pray you can run faster than the man next to you.

Good luck when they're an Olympic athlete.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

seriously though why is semen sheets a thing did someone tweet that

Bruce Arthur, Journalist posted:

Oh, and one journalist in the Omega hotel complex had to refuse a colleague's request to stay a night in the second twin bed because … well, there's no easy way to say this, but when the first journalist arrived, someone had left an indeterminate amount of semen on the sheets of the second bed, and those sheets had been taken away for cleaning, and hadn't come back.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Dogs probably intercepted the sheets on the way to wash them in the river. Honestly I wouldn't want my sheets back regardless.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sochi update! Dogs all very limbered and most excited for opening ceremonies. Much looking forward to "March of a 1000 dogs".

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Oh looks like the lgbt crackdown has already begun! 6 arrested for unveiling a banner.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Fat Ogre posted:

Bob Costas apparently used the indeterminate amount of semen sheets and then washed his face with the yellow tap water.

Simple mistake comrade! This happen all the time. Best medicine is pour Wodka in eye and let dog lick tears away!

Maybe this is for the fluff piece they're working on for the retrospective at the end on the Olympics.

"Bob Costas Explores Sochi and Can Never Leave. Because He's Been Quarantined"

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Maybe the terrorists can stay out of the aggro range of the dogs by doing the trick where during their throw grenade animation they click on the other side of the map and the grenade flies all the way over there.

CzarStark
Dec 23, 2007

by R. Guyovich

myshl0ng posted:

I don't think you understand The New Russia. Is not Corruption, Is Capitalism. Comes with free dogs.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Not seeing any coverage of any of this on cable. I've got like 350 stations and not a single thing for the Olympics.

come onnnnnnnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Greyhawk posted:

Putin: Your appointment with IOC should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Councilor.

Bach: I take it he was agreeable?

Putin: He didn't really have a choice.

Bach: Has he been bribed?

Putin: Oh yes. Most certainly. When I mentioned we could put him on the priority list for the stadium construction, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.

Bach: These dogs... their numbers are intensifying to the point where we may not be able to contain them.

Putin: Why contain them? Let them spill over the stadiums and venues, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end they'll beg us to shoot them.

Bach: I've received reports of armed attacks on shipments. There's not enough pillows to go around, and the journalists are starting to get desperate.

Putin: Of course they're desperate; they can smell their deaths, and the sound they'll make rattling their tarps will serve as a warning to the rest.

This is incredible.

Also, who wants to bet the terror threat will be reminiscent of Brazil? Terrorism a convenient culprit for crumbling infrastructure.

• Locked thread