Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

grapey posted:

Would I, a size 12/14 woman, feel stupid in anthropologie? It looks like such a cool place but maybe too cool for the non skinny peeps like myself.

As a shrinking formerly obese person, I don't know where to shop. Before I didn't have many options. Sorry lane Bryant, too small for you now!

The website shows sizes going up to 16. But you could browse the housewares section, it's a little too cute and over-priced but I like checking it out for ideas. And the housewares type stuff is scattered through out the store so you can look at stuff next to the clothing and check out the clothing at the same time without feeling like you're being judged for looking at clothing that you're not sure if it's gonna fit. (that's needlessly over-thought but when I'm nervous about doing something for the first time I always invent a hopelessly complicated back story just in case someone quizzes me about what I'm doing. It's kinda ridiculous and neurotic)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

t_violet posted:

(that's needlessly over-thought but when I'm nervous about doing something for the first time I always invent a hopelessly complicated back story just in case someone quizzes me about what I'm doing. It's kinda ridiculous and neurotic)

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. :hf:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am a sex plum

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i am a sex plum

dude me too

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Avshalom posted:

i am a sex plum

Sweet or sour? I prefer sour. Or umeboshi which are pickled and Ummmm delicious in a riceball.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
nobody likes a pickled sex plum

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

nobody likes a pickled sex plum

don't shame

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Ladies, ftw.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

hi ;-*

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

Hello.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

I like your thread about private parts, anyway welcome to lady chat

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

I like your thread about private parts, anyway welcome to lady chat

Thanks. If you know any ladies that into hosed up private parts, let me know.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

Thanks. If you know any ladies that into hosed up private parts, let me know.

brb

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I just set my alarm for 5.5 hours from now and died a little inside.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

detectivemonkey posted:

I just set my alarm for 5.5 hours from now and died a little inside.

It's not death. I'll be heer when you get up. Just a little unconciousness. I like sleeping because I wake up to nailpolish/vag/insect/kitty craziness.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
I set my alarm to stunning and it went off when I walked into this thread. hahah. well, see ya.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i got a really solid 12x18x1.5" bamboo cutting board today at bed bath and beyond for $23 marked down from $40. there were two of them and i almost got both but ended up getting just one. might go back for the other. it's a loving nice cutting board.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWZEkVV9EO0

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Indeed.

Also, while you were all gone, it was still be awake time here, so I ventured into e/n.

:bang: :smith: :staredog:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Now for my regular fuckmylife post. The meeting missed on Tuesday due to lovely buses I have now missed again today due to lovely buses. This time the first one came but was late so I got to wave at my connecting bus as they passed in the street.

Now stuck for am hour and a half in bumfuck Newtownards.

I'm glad you got a portfolio in Avshalom! How did you end up having to walk so far?

Also have another picture of my fat face cat ball. My mum says he's the ugliest cat she's ever seen but I think she only says it because he is my Dads cat and she hates my Dad.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
i like cats with unusual/offcenter/embarrassing face spots

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Kitty

I swear I'm not really a ghost

Sorry if it's big I don't understand imgur on phone

toe knee hand fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Feb 7, 2014

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Oh I guess I can timg

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Shannonmcn posted:

Now for my regular fuckmylife post. The meeting missed on Tuesday due to lovely buses I have now missed again today due to lovely buses. This time the first one came but was late so I got to wave at my connecting bus as they passed in the street.

Now stuck for am hour and a half in bumfuck Newtownards.

I'm glad you got a portfolio in Avshalom! How did you end up having to walk so far?

Also have another picture of my fat face cat ball. My mum says he's the ugliest cat she's ever seen but I think she only says it because he is my Dads cat and she hates my Dad.

That blows. :smith: I'm currently sitting on the bus into school late, because this winter has been treating me roughly. It's super crowded even though it's 15 minutes late to the most recent class, and 40 minutes early for the next class. Sometimes missing the bus has an uncrowded silver lining, bit not today.

Anyone you know that can give you a ride? In fortunate enough that most of the time when I need it, my lovely fiancee can give me a ride.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I bought a lip stain that looked like it'd be a nice berry color, but it turned out to be a super bright, almost neon rose pink. Surprisingly, I'm in love with it. I would never have bought it had I known, but it's sort of nice not having a goth mouth

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Whenever I need to color my lips I just buy a bag of hot cheetohs and eat them.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

Whenever I need to color my lips I just buy a bag of hot cheetohs and eat them.

That's convenient. Orange is one of the hardest colors to pull off

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Crow Jane posted:

I bought a lip stain that looked like it'd be a nice berry color, but it turned out to be a super bright, almost neon rose pink. Surprisingly, I'm in love with it. I would never have bought it had I known, but it's sort of nice not having a goth mouth

I've completely converted from gothy colors to hot pinks, something about them just works for me right now. Plus I'm totally planning on becoming one of those fabulous old ladies who rocks the ridiculous lip colors and gives no fucks.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Clinique Black Honey all day all day

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Good morning ladies. It is finally raining here and I just want to sit on my couch all day with my dogs drinking tea. ...Not gunna happen, but that's what I want. Right now.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Sonrisa posted:

Good morning ladies. It is finally raining here and I just want to sit on my couch all day with my dogs drinking tea. ...Not gunna happen, but that's what I want. Right now.

We just got word that due to "wintery mix", our offices are closes for the day! Currently sitting on the sofa with a cat on my lap drinking diet Coke and sending sympathy vibes your way. :respek:

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
ladythread i'm intimidated by ylls and need to buy a flat iron (my hair is shoulder-length and now the longest it's been in like five years).

unfortunately i was a major tomboy growing up and everything i can find on google is telling me that if i don't spend like three hundred dollars on an iron that was personally forged by a blind virgin in a mountain stream my hair will fall out/melt/explode. I can just buy a mid-range flat iron and use argan oil/hairspray and i'll be fine, right?

sonrisa fake your death and drink all the tea you like

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
:argh: West coasters

You can't get a snow day in Indiana unless you get 8" minimum and most times when that happens you just get to enjoy a really dangerous commute to work.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

a dozen swans posted:

ladythread i'm intimidated by ylls and need to buy a flat iron (my hair is shoulder-length and now the longest it's been in like five years).

unfortunately i was a major tomboy growing up and everything i can find on google is telling me that if i don't spend like three hundred dollars on an iron that was personally forged by a blind virgin in a mountain stream my hair will fall out/melt/explode. I can just buy a mid-range flat iron and use argan oil/hairspray and i'll be fine, right?

I'm pretty happy with the Bedhead one I have, and the Conair one I had before that was also nice.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

a dozen swans posted:

Totes. It is a good idea to go to a hair/beauty supply store to get hair/beauty supplies rather than a place like Target/Walmart/etc, but even then it's all good, especially if you're just starting out.

I feel you. I was a huge tomboy and missed the whole high school makeup/makeover phase and it wasn't until I was in my 20's when I really started getting into makeup and hair.

My thing is just experiment. God made makeup remover for a reason. There are also very good tutorials/videos out there.

And, as always, no matter what you do or wear keep in mind if you wear it like you own it, gently caress the rest. I've pulled off some crazy-rear end makeup looks and colors just because I'm like "gently caress yeah, it's going down." and people love it.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

a dozen swans posted:

Former "eh I brushed it that's good enough i guess" hair chick chiming in - mid-range is good enough. I have a curling iron and a flat iron, and while neither of them are $20 POS you get at Walgreens I certainly didn't go for the ones personally created by Paul Mitchell himself or whatever, and they work fine. My curling iron broke and I even stepped up a bit in price to the next level and noticed no difference. just don't go crazy with it and end up drying the hell out of your hair, that's not helpful at all for the frizzies

Although it's funny because now I have the tools I never use them because I figured out how to embrace my natural curl/wave and make it look pretty with absolute minimum fussing because while I still put effort into my hair it's mighty hard to put in THAT much time. It looks way better though, and isn't a tangled mass of split ends and frizz anymore.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Fisticuffs posted:

You can't get a snow day in Indiana unless you get 8" minimum and most times when that happens you just get to enjoy a really dangerous commute to work.

Yeah, it's actually a really weak call (there's not even any precipitation yet) but they called it too late last week and there were like over 400 wrecks so they're really erring on the side of caution this week. OK, by me tho', this week kicked my rear end and I'm tired.

Fake edit: Hey, a red bellied woodpecker just took a few taps on the mostly dead tree in my front yard! It looked just like this:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Sonrisa posted:

It's raining here too and I wanted to stay inside with my dog and my coffee but instead I have to go watch kids track mud on my carpet and pile into the room without bothering to close their umbrellas

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Fisticuffs posted:

They really need to change that policy. I get that there would be more days called if they did it every time there were six inches of snowfall, but can't businesses just accept that's the price they pay for being located in loving Minnesota? But no, instead you better be out there at 3 AM shoveling out your alley so you can trundle onto the road and maybe make it to work without dying of a car crash. Dying of the cold is also possible so don't break down!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Women's Rights? posted:

Although it's funny because now I have the tools I never use them because I figured out how to embrace my natural curl/wave and make it look pretty with absolute minimum fussing because while I still put effort into my hair it's mighty hard to put in THAT much time. It looks way better though, and isn't a tangled mass of split ends and frizz anymore.

oh i totally hear this! my hair gets really poofy and curly and i like it most of the time but i want to have the option of being able to make it do things i want instead.

and thanks to everyone who replied i'll totally hit up sephora later and grab some stuff.

• Locked thread