Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I know very little about fashion beyond a vague subjective view of what seems popular/looks good.

Is she carrying a lamp here? Is/was that a thing? Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So it turns out that I'm going to be able to stream Cartoon Network girl games tonight. It'll probably be in about 60-90 minutes or so, once I've eaten dinner and ingested a pile of caffeine.

So yeah, I'll post the link before I get started, and will probably wind up playing for a bit.

If you want to make fun of Cartoon Network games on stream, let me know and I'll give you my skype info.

Edit: to make it easier, just add xanderk2 on Skype (with GIRL GAMES in the add message to save me time and effort) and I'll add everyone who did that to a skype call.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Feb 7, 2014

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Senerio posted:

So it turns out that I'm going to be able to stream Cartoon Network girl games tonight. It'll probably be in about 60-90 minutes or so, once I've eaten dinner and ingested a pile of caffeine.

So yeah, I'll post the link before I get started, and will probably wind up playing for a bit.

If you want to make fun of Cartoon Network games on stream, let me know and I'll give you my skype info.

Hooray! Can't wait! I'm still in a time zone where I need to be productive, but I'll be in the chat. Post your announcement here when you start streaming!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

I knew you were a man of taste as soon as I saw you! I'd recognize that fabric a mile away. We might actually share tailors, now how about that!

Tell you what, I think we're really bonding here. And I don't say this just to anyone.

But I do know when a man needs a good, used boat.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

chocolatekake posted:

Done. With three flavors, slow, regular or spastic.

Edit: Here's another one. I could probably make one with a better zoom to really capture the Luv <3 Luv or do the zoom with a different speed.

Oh my gosh. I want this last one as an avatar so bad but it's over the filesize limit. HELP

I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Devious Vacuum posted:

Oh my gosh. I want this last one as an avatar so bad but it's over the filesize limit. HELP

I WILL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL

That is an amazing gif.

Chocolatekake probably has the original files still, it doesn't seem like it'd be too hard to snip 30k off somewhere with access to them. You'll have to attract 'em back to the thread somehow :).

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

To clarify, I am not asking for someone to buy me an avatar, y'all don't need to do that, I have five dollars, geez. I just really want a gif that works, and I will bribe you with

:siren: THIS UPDATE :siren:

with Kaubocks

:siren: TRIGGER WARNING: EYE SURGERY :siren:

In which I traumatize Kaubocks forever. By the way, have you been watching his and Panzer's Saints Row 2 LP? You should.

Devious Vacuum fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 8, 2014

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
The original is 97.5KB, imgur adds to the size a bit unfortunately. I managed to get it down to 54.4KB at the smallest, but the quality's pretty bad I think. And even then I don't know how to get it down more, since I'm pretty bad at this. I'll try and trim down the source frames though.

Edit: I made some concessions and got it down under 30KB, two speeds again. It's a bit smaller and has fewer frames, but I think it's still alright.

chocolatekake fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 8, 2014

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Devious Vacuum posted:

To clarify, I am not asking for someone to buy me an avatar, y'all don't need to do that, I have five dollars, geez. I just really want a gif that works, and I will bribe you with

with Kaubocks

In which I traumatize Kaubocks forever. By the way, have you been watching his and Panzer's Saints Row 2 LP? You should.

The music for that first Wedding game is stolen from Maplestory, a fact I am sad to know.
Also, maybe the explanation to that Baby Hazel thing is that it's actually a grown man pretending to be a baby girl, which is why it's a weird mishmash of ages, and why Hazel is so loving huge.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

chocolatekake posted:

Done. With three flavors, slow, regular or spastic.

Edit: Here's another one. I could probably make one with a better zoom to really capture the Luv <3 Luv or do the zoom with a different speed.

Wow, those are awesome avatars and man Other Age is a definite blast from the past. Zeiva Games have always been... Interesting to say the least. Amazing art and interesting stories, now if they weren't on Flash all the goddamn time. :argh:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looking at the sidebar durning Baby Hazel shows there at least three more games with her, including one with a very knockoff looking Minny Mouse...and the ends shows another with knockoff Donald Duck. Do they WANT to get sue by Disney?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
By the way, due to things like "I'm going to Walmart to stock up for the next week," I'm going to push the stream back to 7 Eastern (1 hour 10 minutes from when I wrote this). I've got a handful of games lined up and I can probably play a couple others if people actually show up wind up wanting me to.

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008

A Meat posted:

The music for that first Wedding game is stolen from Maplestory, a fact I am sad to know.

The Pimp my Feet game had a fairly nice "Scarborough Fair". Kinda makes up for the content.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I am going to have all of the nightmares about Baby Hazel.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

KennyMan666 posted:

I am going to have all of the nightmares about Baby Hazel.

Slenderman is old hat, Baby Hazel and Dontrel the Dolphin are the new horrors of the internet.

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

dijon du jour posted:

There is an approximately 0% chance that the site got the license to use this song in its game.

If I were a copyright lawyer I could have a field day with these sites, but the fact that is seems like a lot of them are foreign and all the incestual crosslinking between different sites probably makes it extremely difficult to pursue any copyright issues.

quote:

I know very little about fashion beyond a vague subjective view of what seems popular/looks good.

Is she carrying a lamp here? Is/was that a thing? Why?

Well, it's dark ... can't you see there are stars out?!?! But really, heck if I know. The intro for this one said that it was based on a particular artist's work so I'm guessing it's maybe a thing from that artist? There were only about three accessories to choose from and I just thought that one looked neatest.

The child care games remind me of the "Perfect Mom" game Amy Adams was working in in "Her." That game was probably my favorite part of the movie.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

I'm going to be streaming (mostly Cartoon Network) girl games in about 15-20 minutes. My stream url is http://twitch.tv/Senerio, and to get on Skype with me, send a request to xanderk2 and I'll get a skype call set up. Should be fun, because I have played about 5 minutes of most of these games and am bad at the games I've played more than that of.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Baby Hazel started with demanding a Spongebob plush. Now she wants your soul.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Goddamn baby hazel is terrifying. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to make a whole series of games based on that demonspawn.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Oh christ I had to stop watching once the eye surgery commenced. I'm so squeamish :(

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Logo designed here for future use
Thanks to everyone who came to my stream!
I played, in order
Sailor Moon Coloring Pages
Powerpuff Girls vs. Rowdyruff Boys
Powerpuff Girls: Pillow Fight
Powerpuff Girls vs the Townsvillains
All Monsters Attack
Pipeline Panic!
Brick It!
PPG Video Director
Sailor Moon: Robot Frenzy
KND: Numbuh Generator
Ho! Ho! Ho! Mojo Jojo!
and finally
Teen Titans: Battle Blitz!

And as a bonus, here's the video I linked into the chat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boY3sUhePQ0

Senerio fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 8, 2014

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Watching the Eye Surgery game both simultaneously made me cringe and also caused my eyes to water the entire time. I hope you're happy!

It was still better than Baby Hazel though, holy poo poo. The squeeze bottle during the food section was most likely squeezable jam, but the bottle did look a hell of a lot like ketchup.

Death Dealer fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 8, 2014

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
My favourite dress-up games would always be Hipster Girl Dress up, Hipster Dress up. Mainly because I can recreate people I actually know. And that the music is catchy.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Devious Vacuum posted:

with Kaubocks

Jesus gently caress, that eye surgery. That was really hard to watch. I have some bad personal memories about doctors and ocular health. My pupils have been different sizes from a very young age, perhaps from birth. Didn't cause problems at all, until someone (me) pointed out the fact. After that, I had some really scary goggles attached to my skull, so that the lens could get close enough to inspect my retinas, or ocular pressure, or something. I also was told to look into a machine and tell the doctor how many lights I could see. (I missed the Star Trek reference at the time. Later, it was kinda hilarious)

After a couple of iterations my eyes were confirmed to just kinda be what they are. No need for eye-correcting lasers here, my current design glasses would deflect such beams anyway :cool:.

StoryTime fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 8, 2014

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

Jesus Christ, updating the OP with warning of KNIVES IN EYES for future viewers.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I have a weird fear of eyes, so I stopped the video when it got to that part.

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

Devious Vacuum posted:

Jesus Christ, updating the OP with warning of KNIVES IN EYES for future viewers.

I currently have the video playing in another tab and i'm refusing to go to that tab. I don't know if my imagination is worse than what i'd actually be looking at but yeah, eye stuff freaks me out hardcore too.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Should've ended that video with an iris out.

Unless, of course, the game didn't have that kind of operation.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
So the eye violence inspired me. I immediately regret doing this. Spoilering for potential ick; nothing graphically :nms:, but still.

I never expected to be reminded of Un Chien Andalou in this thread, but here we are.

Tahjir
Oct 6, 2009
Baby Hazel is strangely terrifying.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

chocolatekake posted:

The original is 97.5KB, imgur adds to the size a bit unfortunately. I managed to get it down to 54.4KB at the smallest, but the quality's pretty bad I think. And even then I don't know how to get it down more, since I'm pretty bad at this. I'll try and trim down the source frames though.

Edit: I made some concessions and got it down under 30KB, two speeds again. It's a bit smaller and has fewer frames, but I think it's still alright.

Good loving job, both are beautiful.

Devious Vacuum
Oct 24, 2009

Girl Games!

I AM THE GOD OF GIRL GAMES

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Devious Vacuum posted:

That is a really good custom title, Devious Vacuum.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like to think that Baby Hazel is psychic and by playing the game we become manifestations of her terrible will.

Devious Vacuum posted:

All hail our new goddess!

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I feel the need to point out that those are, in fact, POACHED eggs, not fried.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

A Meat posted:

Yeah, and the Baby Hazel at the Dentist game I covered once ripped off a dying enemy sound somewhere in the final section. I think it was the sound for the small mushroom.

Rirse posted:

Looking at the sidebar durning Baby Hazel shows there at least three more games with her, including one with a very knockoff looking Minny Mouse...and the ends shows another with knockoff Donald Duck. Do they WANT to get sue by Disney?

It actually doesn't even hide it. You are in Disneyland, and Mickey and Minnie are referred to as such. (Donald's name is never said, but then again all Donald does is sit on a bench and watch Baby Hazel start screaming and crying on a ferris wheel.)

EDIT: I just thought to click the credits button, but it gives no mention of Disney, instead only crediting the Game Design team. So let's all thank Axis Entertainment for giving us Baby Hazel!

This must be what hell looks like.

Baby Hazel wants to visit the haunted house, and the results are predictable.

What I couldn't predict was that to calm her down, you had to put her in the arms of an Ariel robot that would rock her gently back and forth while rave music and lights played.

I said good things about the Baby Hazel ("Baby" is part of her real name I assume) dentist game, but hadn't gotten really absorbed in the other games, mainly because I refused to turn off the sound and could feel the laughter and crying slowly draining my sanity. I did not notice just how terrifying the other games could be.

Going back to stolen characters, while trying to find the Disneyland game, I also found another dental care game, not of the series I covered, but just another dental care game. TopBabyGames' description?

"Whoops! Green Monster broke her teeth accidently. The notorious donkey kicked her badly and she fell on her face resulting dental problems. Now, she has come to dentist for emergency dental care. Help the dentist in repairing her tooth related problems and give her demon smile back. Use all tools kept aside one by one and according to its purpose."

And yes, the game itself actually keeps calling them that; even the site of origin has a similar description about a nasty donkey kicking Green Monster in the face.

It's also a lot more uncomfortable to play because Fiona Green Monster actually starts panicking whenever you do something with her teeth. Even when all you did was pick up a spray or wash or something, she cowers as if you picked up some pliers or a drill.

Honestly, it's very strange to see some games try to hide the stolen characters, especially if they made other games where they just don't care about being subtle.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 8, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I was actually eating lunch while watching the latest video. Suddenly, eye surgery! :barf:

It really was a surprise. Like everyone keeps saying, who would expect something like that in amongst games mostly about putting shiny things on faces/feet?

As soon as you put yellow eyes on that petulant bride in the wedding game though, my first thought was of Beth Ditto from this Gossip album cover. So that's cool.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Does it make me a bad ally if eye surgery grosses me out more than sexism? Also, I never thought I'd be so glad to live in the age of trigger warnings. Might give that last one a skip-a-roonie.

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
I actually thought the eye surgery was pretty sweet. Finally another girl game that encourages career opportunities. It wasn't horrifying in the same way the dentist ones were. Those were just grotesque. At least this one had some attention to detail, even if the "tears" looked like somebody accidentally used the erase tool in MS Paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

I  WILL  FEED  ON  THE  SUN

• Locked thread