Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

i'm fine, but i think that is what one does in the paranormal forum. it's the ideas of this dude
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Chronology_(Fomenko)
dammit you ruined the mystery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think the admins have just forgotten that one's still open.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
this art is taking too much time :(

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

I think the admins have just forgotten that one's still open.

no they had a discussion about reopening it in qcs, everyone wanted it back when it was closed

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

this art is taking too much time :(
just fillbucket everything and say it's ligne claire, that's what i do

unless it's a painting i guess, then you're screwed

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
it's a digital painting and it's like 90% done :emo:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
hegel i drew something for you

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

hegel i drew something for you

yaaaaaay
how did you know? you read my pi posts, right

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
haha yes

personally i've been nuts about tibetan mastiffs my whole life, kooshball primitives own

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

haha yes

personally i've been nuts about tibetan mastiffs my whole life, kooshball primitives own

primitives are extremely ftw

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

primitives are extremely ftw
i don't think i could handle actually having a dog that treats me with aristocratic contempt but i love them from afar

i wouldn't mind a basenji though, apparently they're a bit less disdainful than the asian breeds

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Avshalom posted:

i don't think i could handle actually having a dog that treats me with aristocratic contempt but i love them from afar
my mom's chow seems to like me
and she and my mom are definitely bros

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i wish i could somehow get a job designing dogs

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
driving home from work this morning it was like silent hill thick fog everywhere and the streets were empty

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
The best drive home.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
the best drive home is when i tell mom to pull over to the mcdonalds drive thru and she actually listens to me

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

you rock posted:

the best drive home is when i tell mom to pull over to the mcdonalds drive thru and she actually listens to me

When mum ever actually said yes I would always briefly wonder if someone had died or I was in a parallel universe.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Shannonmcn posted:

When mum ever actually said yes I would always briefly wonder if someone had died or I was in a parallel universe.

I'm honestly surprised Mcdonalds doesn't have some terrible equal but separate website that's ~designed for women~ and talks about low cal snacks and what's new in kids meals (and pictures of salads are tessellated in the background)

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I'm pooping, ladies. You jealous?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I just peed

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Cat watched

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

you rock posted:

I'm honestly surprised Mcdonalds doesn't have some terrible equal but separate website that's ~designed for women~ and talks about low cal snacks and what's new in kids meals (and pictures of salads are tessellated in the background)

Separate sub-site describing yogurt offerings. Bitches love yogurt.

Edit for LJ content sorry SML: househusband greeted me last night with martini as per ladythread request. Background check still in process (I guess?) so no offer letter, which solves problem of signing but not problem if needing to buy food. Bulk black beans, here I come!

Besides that though, I recommend this househusband thing. I went to sleep in a bed that wasted with freshly-washed pillows and sheets and was woken up with eggs. It's like having a really, really expensive butler.

defectivemonkey fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 8, 2014

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

detectivemonkey posted:

That's one of those stereotypes that actually have a lot of truth to them. Who doesn't like yogurt?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

vandalism posted:

I'm pooping, ladies. You jealous?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Hey UnnaturalSELECTION, the Waverly Goodwill has 50% off all housewares today if you need anything

I got a cool, nicely framed foil print of an early world map for five bucks

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

That's one of those stereotypes that actually have a lot of truth to them. Who doesn't like yogurt?

Truth. That's why it's one of my favorites. Because I think the only real effect it has is making men feel weird eating yogurt. For no reason.

MEN IN LADYTHREAD: has the patriarchy hurt you in this way?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I know a guy who loves Cosmopolitans, but makes bartenders put it on the rocks in a regular glass because he's sick of people making fun of him

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

detectivemonkey posted:

Edit for LJ content sorry SML: househusband greeted me last night with martini as per ladythread request. Background check still in process (I guess?) so no offer letter, which solves problem of signing but not problem if needing to buy food. Bulk black beans, here I come!

Besides that though, I recommend this househusband thing. I went to sleep in a bed that wasted with freshly-washed pillows and sheets and was woken up with eggs. It's like having a really, really expensive butler.

a househusband would be great but i wouldn't force it or anything like men did to women forever lol. that's so hosed

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

I know a guy who loves Cosmopolitans, but makes bartenders put it on the rocks in a regular glass because he's sick of people making fun of him

male "problems" don't often touch my heart but this one is pretty legit. it's so weird there are gender norms and roles surrounding loving beverages

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

you rock posted:

male "problems" don't often touch my heart but this one is pretty legit. it's so weird there are gender norms and roles surrounding loving beverages

Yeah, it's a weird. Women who drink whiskey are considered cool, OTOH

My absolute favorite drink is a Moscow Mule, which I think is fairly genderless

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You are an intelligent drinker who knows their stuff and I am just a 'vapid c' one. I don't know nearly enough about cocktails. i tend to drink more beer in the winter because of the way the alcohol market is set up here. more ciders and crafts and it's fun to collect

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I just happen to live in a place where just about every restaurant and bar has a nice craft cocktails menu. On the rare occasions I drink at home, I usually stick to wine. Awesome cocktails actually take a lot of work

I did invent a drink called a Pink Rabbit over the summer, because that's the name of a drink in a gorgeous song on the new National record and I couldn't find a recipe for it. It was lavender-infused gin with lemonade, club soda, crushed strawberries and a basil leaf. They were pretty drat tasty, if I do say so myself

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, it's a weird. Women who drink whiskey are considered cool, OTOH

My absolute favorite drink is a Moscow Mule, which I think is fairly genderless

Moscow Mules are for everybody because they are the perfect drink

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Bewildrbeast posted:

Moscow Mules are for everybody because they are the perfect drink

They are possibly the most refreshing thing imaginable

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

I just happen to live in a place where just about every restaurant and bar has a nice craft cocktails menu. On the rare occasions I drink at home, I usually stick to wine. Awesome cocktails actually take a lot of work

I did invent a drink called a Pink Rabbit over the summer, because that's the name of a drink in a gorgeous song on the new National record and I couldn't find a recipe for it. It was lavender-infused gin with lemonade, club soda, crushed strawberries and a basil leaf. They were pretty drat tasty, if I do say so myself

i'd totally drink that. lavender-infused gin sounds amazing and who doesn't love basil... time to buy some ginger beer

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
today i am going to try yet again to free the skeleton from my body

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Putty posted:

today i am going to try yet again to free the skeleton from my body

Just think of something really, really scary, and he'll probably jump right out

What scares skeletons?

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 8, 2014

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Crow Jane posted:

Just think of thinking something really, really scary, and he'll probably jump right out

What scares skeletons?

According to cartoons, dogs.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

detectivemonkey posted:

MEN IN LADYTHREAD: has the patriarchy hurt you in this way?

I don't really care for yogurt, but it definitely is weird that it's a "woman" food now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Proud Mary makes me want to do push ups on the wing of Air Force 1. Best loving song.

• Locked thread