Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Victorian Gentleman posted:

I skimmed the last few pages and didn't see this asked.
Has there been anyway to downgrade an ios 7.0 and above device to ios 6?

I miss my jailbroken ipad 3 and updated it by accident months ago, for reference its stuck at 7.0.2

Any reason you can't upgrade to 7.0.4 and jailbreak on that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

I miss my jailbroken ipad 3 and updated it by accident months ago, for reference its stuck at 7.0.2
No but you can jailbreak 7.x now.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

I believe only the iPhone 4 can be downgraded, and even then, it's tricky. Newer iPhones and all iPads are out of luck.

That said, let me echo Klungar: why not upgrade to 7.0.4 and jailbreak? I had a third gen iPad on iOS 6, too, and while I had some trouble jailbreaking it (purely my own stupidity, recorded earlier in this thread), I don't really miss the iOS 6 environment anymore.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
Is there a fix for Cydia on IOS6? You can't read any package descriptions and resolving dependencies is iffy, but things like updates and searching work.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Um, I hosed up playing around with the transparencies on my control centre, and now I can't see or touch any of the controls. I tried uninstalling what seemed to be the right tweak on Cydia (CCToggles?) but I still can't see anything. I think the settings menu was called "Advanced Settings" or something. Anyone know how to get back into those options so I can turn down the transparency?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Lancelot posted:

Um, I hosed up playing around with the transparencies on my control centre, and now I can't see or touch any of the controls. I tried uninstalling what seemed to be the right tweak on Cydia (CCToggles?) but I still can't see anything. I think the settings menu was called "Advanced Settings" or something. Anyone know how to get back into those options so I can turn down the transparency?

Grab a new /var/mobile/Documents/com.apple.springboard.settings/RootSettings.plist

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 5, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Fairly certain I don't deserve to be jailbroken after this.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh my god that's amazing.

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

That might be the worst thing to come out of jailbreaking. How am I just using phantom though? It's sick. Shame about the super dodgy way it handles the IAP, a seperate pro version in cydia would look much better.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Fairly certain I don't deserve to be jailbroken after this.

What is going on here?

UncleBlazer
Jan 27, 2011

randyest posted:

What is going on here?

In game assets have been replaced with custom images.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

I don't know how it happened but now I can't do anything with Cydia. Anybody know what I broke and how I can fix it.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Upmarket Mango posted:

I don't know how it happened but now I can't do anything with Cydia. Anybody know what I broke and how I can fix it.

You have too many packages combined from all your sources. Try deleting some that just mirror other packages, ie. cracked distros if you have those.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Upmarket Mango posted:

You have too many packages in Cydia caused by too many sources. You can fix it by deleting some sources you feel like you no longer need.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cool, got it all worked out. Thanks for the help.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Is there a tweak or something to run different versions of the same app as separate apps?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Javid posted:

Is there a tweak or something to run different versions of the same app as separate apps?

I have yet to try it with iOS7, but there is a way to do this with iFile. You have to copy the itunesartwork and .app file into an .ipa and then modify some .plist files. You would then install the .ipa using something like iFunbox, which should add another icon for the duplicate app, which runs separately. I usually did this for certain games when I wanted to have two separate accounts on one device.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

With the OP in the state it's in, hopefully no one can blame me for asking for a little help:

My wife bought an iPhone 5c online, which is locked to AT&T. We mistakenly believed that we could get a friend with AT&T service to request an unlock, since that's what we did with her last iPhone, but AT&T did their whole crackdown and won't do it unless it's been on AT&T service forever.

The phone is currently in not-activated mode. We have a T-Mobile SIM card, but it won't move past the SIM screen at activation since it's rejecting it as not AT&T's SIM.

Is there a way with jailbreaking etc. that I could unlock the phone myself? What about a paid unlocking service such as chronicunlocks.com? And do I need an AT&T SIM card for either to work?

Thanks for any advice.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
How come there's no op anyways? Are we still being paranoid shitheads about ios7 jailbreaks?

Corgi
Jun 9, 2010
Is there a tweak that will let me add currently-playing songs to a playlist? I had something like this in iOS 6 (I think it was called Scale, maybe?) and I got a lot of use out of it.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Zigmidge posted:

How come there's no op anyways? Are we still being paranoid shitheads about ios7 jailbreaks?

Being cautious about a tool that's only purpose is circumventing the security of a device that contains most of a persons digital and financial life is shitheaded.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
failed edit

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

eddiewalker posted:

Being cautious about a tool that's only purpose is circumventing the security of a device that contains most of a persons digital and financial life is shitheaded.

Spare me your drama, please. If you're going to be a paranoid freak about hacking your lengthy description of an idevice maybe you're in the wrong place!

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Having useful and pertinent information about a tool that's only purpose is granting administrator rights to a person's pocket sized computing device is shitheaded.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Zigmidge posted:

Spare me your drama, please. If you're going to be a paranoid freak about hacking your lengthy description of an idevice maybe you're in the wrong place!
If you think exercising reasonable caution is being a paranoid freak maybe it's you who is in the wrong place.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
The jailbreak is safe, install activator, virtual home, plus whatever else looks neat, voila new OP.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Huge problem, and I think I'm probably hopeless:

I have an iPhone 4S on 6.0.1 that I jailbroke in the middle of last year. I tried restoring it to unjailbreak and upgrade to iOS7, I keep getting error 3194 in iTunes when I try to restore or upgrade to 7. I've read all over and they say you can make a special ipsw using the SHSH blobs. Well I don't have them and tinyumbrella says I can't get them. I restored a backup from before it was jailbroken and I still can't get it to restore. My final try here was restoring in DFU mode after restoring to the old pre-jailbreak backup, and now it gave me error 11.

Is there any way to get this back to stock/fresh iOS7? Or is it stuck on 6.0.1 forever?

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.

yamdankee posted:

Is there any way to get this back to stock/fresh iOS7? Or is it stuck on 6.0.1 forever?

I think I would try using another computer and USB cable before giving up. Permanently being unable to restore an iDevice isn't really a thing that can happen.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

yamdankee posted:

I have an iPhone 4S on 6.0.1 that I jailbroke in the middle of last year. I tried restoring it to unjailbreak and upgrade to iOS7, I keep getting error 3194 in iTunes when I try to restore or upgrade to 7. I've read all over and they say you can make a special ipsw using the SHSH blobs. Well I don't have them and tinyumbrella says I can't get them. I restored a backup from before it was jailbroken and I still can't get it to restore. My final try here was restoring in DFU mode after restoring to the old pre-jailbreak backup, and now it gave me error 11.

Did you try editing your hosts file and removing the gs.apple entry?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

ibntumart posted:

Did you try editing your hosts file and removing the gs.apple entry?

Yes, I put the number sign in front of that line and I'm still getting the error.

I've tried it on two computers, no go. :(

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

yamdankee posted:

Yes, I put the number sign in front of that line and I'm still getting the error.

I've tried it on two computers, no go. :(

Is your network behind a firewall? And are you using the most recent iTunes?

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
When I run, my phone jiggles around and tries to unlock. Ultimately, this results in a bunch of wrong passcodes being entered, and my phone gets disabled.

Short of disabling passcode protection, is there any way to just prevent my phone from disabling? gently caress it, if my phone gets stolen, I'll gladly give someone infinite chances to randomly guess my password.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Aggro posted:

When I run, my phone jiggles around and tries to unlock. Ultimately, this results in a bunch of wrong passcodes being entered, and my phone gets disabled.

Short of disabling passcode protection, is there any way to just prevent my phone from disabling? gently caress it, if my phone gets stolen, I'll gladly give someone infinite chances to randomly guess my password.

Where exactly is your phone when you're running? I don't understand how it's trying to unlock with passcodes.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
It's in a pouch of a water bottle belt, so it jiggles against my back. I'm guessing that somehow the sleep button gets hit, so the screen turns on, and on-screen numbers get hit randomly until the phone disables itself.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

What about just padding around the phone with some tissues or something to stop that?

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

You could also turn it so the face of the phone is away from your sweaty back so the passcode buttons can't be triggered, should it awake.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

spongeworthy posted:

Is your network behind a firewall? And are you using the most recent iTunes?

No firewall, latest iTunes.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

[I'M A GIANT HOMOPHOBE

yamdankee posted:

I've had this problem a few times and and I've always gotten around it somehow I just don't remember exactly what steps I took. Are you using ITunes to download the firmware? If so download the firmware for your phone from some place else like jailbreakmatrix or something and do a shift click on restore so you can choose the downloaded firmware. If that doesn't work put your phone in to DFU mode and then plug it in, Itunes will detect a phone in DFU mode and insist on restoring so that might work. I know you said you commented out the tinyumbrella entry in your hosts file but gently caress it, rename it to hosts.bak and create a brand new default hosts file and see what happens. Don't give up though because like I said I've always managed to get it after some fiddling.

Edit: also I remember having most of these problems when upgrading so defiantly choose restore instead of upgrade.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

yamdankee posted:

I remember reading that version 11.1 does some new verification procedure when restoring, which has caused people problems when upgrading. You could try installing an 11.0.x version of iTunes on one of your computers, download the firmware manually as Denim Dude suggested, and give that a go. Probably wouldn't hurt to try his advice on creating a new hosts file as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can't access iTunes Store on JB phone, known issue?

• Locked thread