Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Hott
Now we introduce the concept of Autobot seekers and drive this into the ground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Knormal posted:

I found the Minicon Assault Team today. Did I just get a particularly bad one or does everyone's helicopter's cockpit fall off at the slightest touch? Otherwise it's awesome, I particularly like the look of the fat little tank guy. He looks appropriately pissed off at having to have his face turn into the rear end.

The first five minutes I had it poo poo just would not stop popping off. Somehow I broke off Runway's nose cone, the only permanent damage done. Luckily it still fits in the little slot.

After all the horror stopped I found I quite liked them all, though.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So Hasbro's gonna release MP Sunstorm too? Huh.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Rage posted:

30th Anniversary Jetfire images leaked

Holy crap. Now I need to figure out if I want to keep the Classics Jetfire. It's probably not going to be worth a lot with this guy on the way though, right?

The proportions look almost Animated-ish to me, which I'm all for.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
kinda want to see other angles of him.
Looks like nothing on the robot forms anything on the jet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

30th Anniversary Jetfire images leaked

I bet Leader Class Megatron is gonna be G2 Megatron proper.

Generations has like Usurped Universe 2.0 as the best classics line, holy crap.

Rita Repulsa posted:

kinda want to see other angles of him.

If you can't tell the jet is upside down in robot mode and it doesn't fold in like the Macross transformation. I have no idea where the plane cockpit is. Jeftfire almost looks like he transforms in a similar way to Armada Thrust.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 9, 2014

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Rita Repulsa posted:

Wings and legs aside, this is about as much as I managed to find, yeah. The whole cockpit section doesn't have any obvious seamlines at all (at least on the pic), so I imagine it just compacts onto his back with the rest of his top fuselage, so half of it goes over the panel with the thrusters and the nosecone hides behind his butt. Basically all of his plane mode just kinda flops onto his back, but I figure the torso has to do some pretty weird stuff to compact into something that isn't an obscene amount of underkibble, particularly with the arms and legs appearing to have literally no transforming parts at all.

It really doesn't look like a great sort of transformable figure, but the robot mode sculpt is so strong I'm not sure I mind in this case - though if this is really a Leader class figure, I probably would have preferred them downscaling it into a deluxe.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Terry van Feleday posted:

Wings and legs aside, this is about as much as I managed to find, yeah. The whole cockpit section doesn't have any obvious seamlines at all (at least on the pic), so I imagine it just compacts onto his back with the rest of his top fuselage, so half of it goes over the panel with the thrusters and the nosecone hides behind his butt. Basically all of his plane mode just kinda flops onto his back, but I figure the torso has to do some pretty weird stuff to compact into something that isn't an obscene amount of underkibble, particularly with the arms and legs appearing to have literally no transforming parts at all.

It really doesn't look like a great sort of transformable figure, but the robot mode sculpt is so strong I'm not sure I mind in this case - though if this is really a Leader class figure, I probably would have preferred them downscaling it into a deluxe.

Well considering we already have a voyager sized Jetfire from the Classics line, and he's enormous, even by cartoon standards, I think leader was the only thing that makes sense.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

Well considering we already have a voyager sized Jetfire from the Classics line, and he's enormous, even by cartoon standards, I think leader was the only thing that makes sense.

Titan class Jetfire :getin:

I hope the cockpit pulls a First Edition Bulkhead and finds some inventive way to conceal itself. Because if it's not going to fold up t's probably going to become a gun or some weapon.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Blackheart posted:

So Hasbro's gonna release MP Sunstorm too? Huh.

I dearly hope he isn't scalped to hell. TFW boards are losing their poo poo over it since the Tomy MP Sunstorm is at the $200 mark on ebay. I almost wanted Thundercracker but his paint apps left me cold.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Ka0 posted:

I dearly hope he isn't scalped to hell. TFW boards are losing their poo poo over it since the Tomy MP Sunstorm is at the $200 mark on ebay. I almost wanted Thundercracker but his paint apps left me cold.

Why do people even care about Sunstorm?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Dreamwave comics.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

He's an Acid Storm level character, so I think the only people freaking out about it are the ones who already dropped $200 on him from Takara.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I never read the dreamwave comics. I just like this color combination:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Holy crap. Now I need to figure out if I want to keep the Classics Jetfire. It's probably not going to be worth a lot with this guy on the way though, right?

The proportions look almost Animated-ish to me, which I'm all for.

Who cares how much he's worth, Classics Jetfire is still a great figure.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Terry van Feleday posted:

I somewhat suspect that the robot chest is fake kibble, and not the jet fuselage, but that might just be because the fake cockpit chest is influencing me. Plus I have no idea where the plane cockpit is in robot mode if it's not part of a giant backpack. It really looks like 90% of the plane ends up on his back.

quote:

All the blog news sites are referring to him as "Generations Leader Jetfire," so it seems that's what it is. It's no Masterpiece Skyfire, but hey, Generations is getting new molds, and it's getting new Leader molds, which has never happened before, so it's hard to complain.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Grabbed a big-rear end Predaking at Target today after seeing it was marked down so much from this thread. It was $17 and change. I have to admit that it is pretty underwhelming, if I had paid $50 I would have been greatly disappointed.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

All the blog news sites are referring to him as "Generations Leader Jetfire," so it seems that's what it is. It's no Masterpiece Skyfire, but hey, Generations is getting new molds, and it's getting new Leader molds, which has never happened before, so it's hard to complain.

Universe 2.0 had Ultra figures which became the leader class sorta.

Countdown was the largest single Autobot in Classics until Omega Supreme and Metroplex came along. The irony is that he was a micromaster in G1.

Also I think Classics Jetfire is going to be worth keeping. leader class one doesn't look like it can do a gerwalk mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 9, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rubiks Pubes posted:

Grabbed a big-rear end Predaking at Target today after seeing it was marked down so much from this thread. It was $17 and change. I have to admit that it is pretty underwhelming, if I had paid $50 I would have been greatly disappointed.

His robot mode is pretty boss.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Leader Jetfire has given me high hopes for the Leader Megatron. I wonder if we'll get a Leader Prime at some point* or if the new Megs will look good with MP Prime.

*even if we've gotten all the leaks for the Generation figs that will come out before the movie stuff hits, there could be more after.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Please let it be Batmobile Megatron or Armada Megatron.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Rei_ posted:

Please let it be Batmobile Megatron or Armada Megatron.

Please let it be bw dragon megatron or g2 megatron

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'd settle for a leader class stealth bomber Megatron.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah the deluxe version of that design just doesn't work. He was a loving huge behemoth that took an orbital strike to the face in the comics, and the deluxe is just like a widdle cutesie jet.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

catch22 posted:

Leader Jetfire has given me high hopes for the Leader Megatron. I wonder if we'll get a Leader Prime at some point* or if the new Megs will look good with MP Prime.

*even if we've gotten all the leaks for the Generation figs that will come out before the movie stuff hits, there could be more after.
I hope we get a Leader IDW Prime with trailer, so the robot itself is only voyager sized or so. I don't like my Primes towering over everyone else, it just doesn't feel right for his character. I like IDW's design, but the third-party one just doesn't work for me with that weird uniwindshield with the indent in the middle.

My ideal Leader Prime would be a Powermaster version too, but I don't think that's too likely.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

Universe 2.0 had Ultra figures which became the leader class sorta.

Not really. Beast Era Ultras became Max-Cons in Armada; then Mega Class in Energon (despite being one size larger than the Mega Class of the Beast Era); then Mega became Voyager Class in Cybertron while a new Ultra Class replaced Command Class from Energon, which was mainly distinguished by being larger than Voyagers and having lights and sounds. This version of Ultra has held true ever since then, while Leader Class was established before that, in the Energon line. The last use of the Ultra Class was the Universe 2.0 Ultras, so it's possible the Ultra Class is permanently retired at this point.

quote:

Also I think Classics Jetfire is going to be worth keeping. leader class one doesn't look like it can do a gerwalk mode.

Yeah, I think Classics Jetfire has tremendous merits of his own, even compared to the new one. He will definitely not be leaving my collection any time soon, and I think nostalgia for the first waves of Classics will keep his value high for those who care about such things.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Those who've seen it say that Megatron is an IDW-inspired tank in his classic grey-black-red colour scheme. Given the tank barrel sticks up behind ala his gun barrel, it does beg the question just where the hell the massive fusion cannon goes/what its alternate use is. Either way, looking forward to seeing spangly hi-res pics of him and Jetfire.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Sentinel Red posted:

Given the tank barrel sticks up behind ala his gun barrel, it does beg the question just where the hell the massive fusion cannon goes/what its alternate use is.

Jet-powered tank. :hellyeah:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

poo poo, I like the deluxe and everything but I would LOVE this. Make him around as big as the Animated leader.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sentinel Red posted:

Those who've seen it say that Megatron is an IDW-inspired tank in his classic grey-black-red colour scheme. Given the tank barrel sticks up behind ala his gun barrel, it does beg the question just where the hell the massive fusion cannon goes/what its alternate use is. Either way, looking forward to seeing spangly hi-res pics of him and Jetfire.

That sounds amazing....and large.

I'm going to need to have a fourth shelf just for classics/generations now. :negative:

I hope they announce a proper Devastator sometime soon. I've got the original Wal-Mart exclusive from the Classics line. The original Classics Decepticons were just 6 bots+Devastator, but pretty much everyone at this point has gotten another version of a figure except Devastator.

Yeah they had 3 decepticon minicon teams too, but those couldn't properly attach to ports because not enough figures had them.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Feb 10, 2014

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
For anybody that hasn't seen the recently announced Mega-Drive Megatron by Tomy, here it is:

This'll be the first toy I import....depending on the price.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
My big question is whether or not we're going to be able to swap the badge on this Megatron.
edit: I mean the Leader class.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 10, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh wow, that's pretty incredible.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

God drat, Armada Starscream's missiles go farther than anything I've seen since G1. How did they get these things past modern safety standards? He also has a flap that seems to have no purpose but to cover his face from looking out the bottom of his jet mode, which I hope is the start of a trend. With him I'm all caught up on the new deluxes, now bring on Swerve and Cosmos.

Lepecard posted:

For anybody that hasn't seen the recently announced Mega-Drive Megatron by Tomy, here it is:

This'll be the first toy I import....depending on the price.
Would have made mode sense as Soundwave. Of course that would come at the cost of the pun, which is pretty good.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Knormal posted:

God drat, Armada Starscream's missiles go farther than anything I've seen since G1. How did they get these things past modern safety standards? He also has a flap that seems to have no purpose but to cover his face from looking out the bottom of his jet mode, which I hope is the start of a trend. With him I'm all caught up on the new deluxes, now bring on Swerve and Cosmos.

Would have made mode sense as Soundwave. Of course that would come at the cost of the pun, which is pretty good.

Blast(processing)wave.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Knormal posted:

Soundwave makes more sense as a Game Gear with little Cassetticon cartridges. Which they should absolutely make after NES Optimus and SNES Powermaster Prime.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

Leader megatron is going to be a bigass neon green tank.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Leader megatron is going to be a bigass neon green tank.

The inevitable repaint probably will be.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So I bought a set of those Decoys that came with Metroplex, my one question is do they have company markings on them?

I got both sets of silver and gold for 20 bucks in total. It seems too good of a deal and makes me suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

New images of iGear's IDW seekers

I'm still not crazy about that head, but it's way better than the old weird animated one. I also don't like the sky blue they used for Thundercracker, but I'll still probably but them all since none of the leaks have suggested Hasbro's going to release anything like them beyond the legends guy, and apparently IDW Starscream's in the Armada body now so I doubt there's anything new coming.