Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

vaguely posted:

she's all "do you like my baby :3:"
and I say HELL YES THAT IS A PRETTY SWEET BABY

Bad news it's eating the smaller spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I love it when cats have their little paws dangling over stuff :3:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

yeah it's full of naturalists, at least two historians, a sailor (or is poopkitty a contractor who works for the navy??) and Avshalom and the ghost of Ariel Sharon. You're among friends.

The term is "naturists"

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
Well there may be a bunch of naturalists we just haven't gotten to that point in sharing yet.

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
The cat is laying on my posting arm and he doesn't like when I type when he laying on my arms but I must post anyway I can't stop posting so he bites my hands but I love him anyway.

He is very pretty and warm.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Yay ladythread is full of dogges and spiders and other animals :3:

Though I haven't forgotten that a certain someone promised snow puppy pictures and then never delivered :colbert:

Fabulist posted:

Here's my formula.
*"Teggings" = tights/leggings, I don't want to type that out fifteen times.

'statement' teggings -> very toned down everything else. Black or grey tunic, tunics with minor detailing that match the colors or a color of the statement thing are okay, as are accessories that match the same way. Not too much thought,

What's a statement tegging? Especially compared to wild or colourful ones?

Anne Whateley posted:

When they did that on Girls my reaction was "nobody on the planet would ever be dumb enough to try that" but hey!

I wouldn't care if I'd been married to some guy for 25 years, he still wouldn't be allowed to see me all whiny and red-faced. Workouts are secret. You are brave.

I don't think it's weird, but then maybe I'm weird. I find it really motivating and push myself a lot harder. Plus, being sweaty and red-faced from exercise is hardly the worst someone would see of their spouse.

Fabulist posted:

Agreeing with "black tights if you want the shoes to be the centerpiece," and "gold tights if you wanna wear gold tights." Either would look rad. Maybe try both on beforehand, if you get the chance?

Speaking of women's fashion in "WTF how is a size 8 a large" category (also known as plus size), I've been thinking of starting another blog, for fashion. Not fatshion, I don't want my entire blog to be a political statement. I just want to share good info, advice, brands, etc for women around my sizes, and talk about fashion, and review handmade clothing.

My main blog right now is about cosmetics, and has 'graffiti' in the title. I want to make the new blog with the same name, except 'grafatty' or 'graffati' or something. It sounds neat when said all together (I'm not posting the name because I don't want people making GBS threads on my blog), but I don't want to offend a bunch of potential readers by having 'fatty,' however spelled, in the name. I prefer 'fat' as a descriptor to 'chubby,' 'curvy' (unless the person is overweight and curvaceous), 'husky,' 'queen-sized,' 'plump,' and all the others, but I know not everyone does.

Please give me your opinions/advice if you have it, ladythread.

There will always be some people who get offended at whatever you say or do, regardless of your intent or what you mean or how hard you try to avoid it. Some people just like getting offended and taking things personally. If you mention the word fat in your new blog, there will likely be some people who are offended by it despite not using it as a slur. If you use the word curvy or plus-size or chubby or husky or anything else, there will probably be some people who get offended by it. There are always going to be people who take things as personal attacks, even if you are saying that you personally prefer the term fat and not going around calling other women fat and therefore bad/ugly/whatever people. These people will probably find reasons to be offended by other things you say about fashion or other advice you give because they are always on alert for things that offend them. You'll probably be a lot happier writing if you stay true to yourself and your own voice and personality and write what you believe and feel rather than trying to avoid the possibility of offending anyone because you'll never manage it. What you do with the tile is up to you, but making a pun on the word fat for a blog where you are going to talk about fashion tips/brands/reviews/etc for people around your size is something most should be able to handle.

vaguely posted:

she's all "do you like my baby :3:"
and I say HELL YES THAT IS A PRETTY SWEET BABY

I'm picturing a kind of spider Lion King scene where spider babby is about to be presented to the insect kingdom it will one day rule over

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Pick posted:

my favorite guilty pleasure book is children's classic Aliens Ate My Homework

not a joke

Bruce Coville forever :black101:

This is from forever ago but I'm just psyched that someone else digs that book. His "My Teacher..." series is :3:

I personally wouldn't wear cream shoes with gold leggings but YOU DO YOU, BOO. Unless something is truly trainwreck tragic I support wearing what makes you feel good.

Enfys: THANK. YOU.
People online seriously seem to take offense to everything (tumblr so magnified that) and if you want to make a fashion blog with "fat" in the title then go for it. I think you'll get more support than bad news over it.

Riots, not diets!

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 9, 2014

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I can't believe 10/12 is considered plus size. I used to be a 24, and the other day I bought a pair of size 12 pants after almost crying for joy in the dressing room. I am stoked to be a 12!! And hope to keep going down to maybe an 8. Cannot even believe I see that as a real possibility.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Girl sizes are so weird. Girl clothes in general. So many different materials, different scales of measurement, different specific washing instructions, etc. I do the laundry in my house, so I need to pay attention to that stuff, and still fairly often screw up and shrink or dye something by accident. :(

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
shooting out of bed at 5am because u feel the blood starting to pour, blood dripping down your legs as you run to the bathroom. cramps hitting hard and make you want to keel over but you have no choice but to clean yourself up, find a change of clothes + change into them, remove and change the bed covers, and desperately search for a painkiller you desperately need -- hoping you don't run into anybody during the process.

~just girly things~

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord
I just realized that due in no small part to the fact that I hate wearing skirts with a fiery passion I have no idea what my dress size would even be. Does it have anything to do with pants sizes or is it calculated with strange runes and alchemical circles?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

you rock posted:

shooting out of bed at 5am because u feel the blood starting to pour, blood dripping down your legs as you run to the bathroom. cramps hitting hard and make you want to keel over but you have no choice but to clean yourself up, find a change of clothes + change into them, remove and change the bed covers, and desperately search for a painkiller you desperately need -- hoping you don't run into anybody during the process.

~just girly things~

Time to get a menstrual cup!

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Zeth posted:

I just realized that due in no small part to the fact that I hate wearing skirts with a fiery passion I have no idea what my dress size would even be. Does it have anything to do with pants sizes or is it calculated with strange runes and alchemical circles?

same as pants size

Fabulist posted:

wrt people who could get offended, this is my opinion. gently caress em

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Someone posted this article on Facebook. http://elitedaily.com/women/myth-5-reasons-girls-hate-showering/

Even though I am "female", most of this article doesn't apply to me. I like to keep my hair short, so washing it doesn't take as long ad I don't use any special products. I've been tempted to try the "no shampoo" thing, but I'm worried about the horrible greasiness I will have to endure.

I also don't shave anywhere besides under my arms, and I have a giant, fluffy bath sheet and a fluffy robe. On a really cold day, I will use my hair dryer under my towel or stick my hair dryer in my pant legs before putting them on.

I did hate to shower when I was a teenager, but that's because I was a teenager who was never taught proper personal hygiene and I lived in a hoarder house, so...

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Had to clip cats nails

She went rrrrrrrrr

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

She had fucken talons

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Nessa posted:

Someone posted this article on Facebook. http://elitedaily.com/women/myth-5-reasons-girls-hate-showering/

Even though I am "female", most of this article doesn't apply to me. I like to keep my hair short, so washing it doesn't take as long ad I don't use any special products. I've been tempted to try the "no shampoo" thing, but I'm worried about the horrible greasiness I will have to endure.

I also don't shave anywhere besides under my arms, and I have a giant, fluffy bath sheet and a fluffy robe. On a really cold day, I will use my hair dryer under my towel or stick my hair dryer in my pant legs before putting them on.

I did hate to shower when I was a teenager, but that's because I was a teenager who was never taught proper personal hygiene and I lived in a hoarder house, so...

That is a strange thing to write an article about

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

'female' who hates showering posted:

You all know the dreaded moment when you have to turn off the water and all you want to do is collapse in a ball on the floor, wrapped in your towel. The second you open your shower door/curtain and that first gust of air hits your face, it’s HORRIBLE. Why is this something that females only seem to face? Life just isn’t fair. We get our periods once a drat month, can’t we just leave it at that?

WHY

WHY MUST I FACE THIS AND MY PERIOD

WHY DON'T MALES DEAL WITH BEING COLD AND WET

amirite ladies??!?

*posts giant random sexy gifs to illustrate pain of showering for females*

Enfys fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 9, 2014

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Zeth posted:

It should be the same as pants sizes but I generally go down a size or two in skirts since they're more forgiving of my ginormous quads.

Pick posted:

I love it when cats have their little paws dangling over stuff :3:

Doesn't he look like a little fluffy bunny? :3:

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

She had fucken talons

I would never attempt this, you are far braver than I.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

e: nevermind, I found the sweaty yoga hair thing

Enfys fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 9, 2014

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Enfys posted:

also what is 'hot yoga' and why can't you do it if you washed your hair the night before

Yoga in a sauna? Good question.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

She had fucken talons

Get some softpaws. Only thing cats love more is getting their nails clipped. They love having fake nails glued on.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Yeah, that's precisely what it is

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

grapey posted:

Get some softpaws. Only thing cats love more is getting their nails clipped. They love having fake nails glued on.

Did this before. Not agin

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Is it really that bad?

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Captain Backslap posted:

Is it really that bad?

I glued myself to myself

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i don't trim my cat's nails. he gets stuck to things sometimes but i just think it's cute.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I take the kitten to the pet store to get her nails trimmed because she is too wiggly. The older one lets me, but I haven't done it in a while because I am a horrible mother. She's been running around the house all day and she sounds like velcro.

Just decided to make product slightly less awesome by doing recording on smaller screen from home rather than going into work because it is snowing and Sunday and gently caress that forever. This would be the 4th Sunday in a row spending half a day in the office. Now I'm just making it the 4th weekend in a row working 15+ hours.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

I glued myself to myself

Haha, yes, me too. Also glued cat fur to myself, which felt so gross.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Fabulist posted:

Agreeing with "black tights if you want the shoes to be the centerpiece," and "gold tights if you wanna wear gold tights." Either would look rad. Maybe try both on beforehand, if you get the chance?

Speaking of women's fashion in "WTF how is a size 8 a large" category (also known as plus size), I've been thinking of starting another blog, for fashion. Not fatshion, I don't want my entire blog to be a political statement. I just want to share good info, advice, brands, etc for women around my sizes, and talk about fashion, and review handmade clothing.

My main blog right now is about cosmetics, and has 'graffiti' in the title. I want to make the new blog with the same name, except 'grafatty' or 'graffati' or something. It sounds neat when said all together (I'm not posting the name because I don't want people making GBS threads on my blog), but I don't want to offend a bunch of potential readers by having 'fatty,' however spelled, in the name. I prefer 'fat' as a descriptor to 'chubby,' 'curvy' (unless the person is overweight and curvaceous), 'husky,' 'queen-sized,' 'plump,' and all the others, but I know not everyone does.

I would be interested in both these blogs actually as I am terrible at being a girl and I've recently decided to try to be better at it. I'm not going to lie, being fat prevented me from putting in effort as I would think 'what's the point' but I'm trying to put effort in both being healthier and looking at myself in a more positive light. /emo

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

this is the best little man in the whole wide world

:3:

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Nessa posted:

From the same author:
http://elitedaily.com/women/27-things-only-your-roommate-would-never-judge-you-for/
This woman female seems like just about the most insufferable person ever

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Bewildrbeast posted:

this is the best little man in the whole wide world

:3:

I want to kidnap your dog and keep him for myself

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Realtalk my current long-term life goal is to get enough money to be able to move into a place where i can keep pets. After that I'm done.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Jetsetlemming posted:

From the same author:
http://elitedaily.com/women/27-things-only-your-roommate-would-never-judge-you-for/

Oh wow.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Jetsetlemming posted:

From the same author:

Yeah, she seems awful and doesn't seem to know what the hell she's talking about. I love showering, I don't ever feel fully awake without one. And as someone with thick curly hair, lol at not showering in the morning... my hair is a non-Euclidean horror when I first wake up

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

her bio on the site posted:

She divides her time between binge-watching “Entourage,” giving unwanted opinions and telling people when they need to go tanning.

:saddowns:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Jetsetlemming posted:

From the same author:

ugggh

I feel sorry for anyone who's had to deal with this lady in person

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

GNU Order posted:

Realtalk my current long-term life goal is to get enough money to be able to move into a place where i can keep pets. After that I'm done.

what up, low expectations life goal buddy :respek:

and that shower article is super baffling, like half of it is in no way related to ladying (seriously does she think men don't get cold) and the other half is weirdly specific to her
I mean can she not put her shower off until after exercising??? I was under the impression that was what normal people did
^ loving hell, she likes Entourage and constant tanning, where does someone go so wrong in their life without realising how wrong they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's like she's basing her personality on an issue of Cosmo or something

• Locked thread