Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Crow Jane, what is your favorite Nick Cave song?

edit: or anyone else, I guess, to make this more than one line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

Crow Jane, what is your favorite Nick Cave song?

If I had to pick just one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrjmcyaBYoY

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Wendigee posted:

BTW, i finally got a catte photo of my skitish blacky

That's racist

(but so very cute and fluffy)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

grapey posted:

That's racist

(but so very cute and fluffy)

Cat of color

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Anyone here have a keurig? What's your favorite coffee/drink/thing?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

omg he is so drat fluffy its nuts.

he has taken to randomly meowing for no apparent reason and it is driving me crazy however. He will get on top of my kitchen cupboards and just meow his loving head off for 30 minutes at a time.

I approach him to pet, and he retreats so I can't reach him.

Then he will come down to the ground and repeat. I go to pet him and he gets just out of range and rolls over on his back exposing tummy like he wants a rub. If i get off the couch and try to pet him he runs away. If i stay on the couch and try to reach him he is always about 1 inch away from contact.

I can get him to shut up sometimes if I go and check his food and refill his water (both are always full) then let him out into the garage where he likes to play tacticat and run around in the freezing cold doing god knows what. Jerk is back inside in about 15 minutes and meowing again.

Eventually he stops but I just want to make him happy and I don't know what he wants :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

grapey posted:

I have a French press and a grinder and really like the coffee that comes out of them. I get the occasional latte, and Turkish coffee if I'm at a Middle Eastern restaurant, they're both awesome but not for every day

My parents have a Keurig and seem happy with it

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

beer is bitter, but at least it gets you drunk.

coffee is bitter.. and it doesn't do anything I can't get from a cheap caffeine pill?

I'll stick to tasty unbitter green jasmine tea and take a caffeine pill with it. Sorry ladies.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

this is a secret: like whatever you want

I also did not like coffee until I had a cup of legit good stuff though

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

grapey posted:

My office has a keurig. Coffee doesn't do much for me, but there are some decent hot chocolates if you like that. Grove Square is the best hot chocolate k-cup brand and it has a bunch of varieties. There's also an okay chai latte. It's all pretty good, but not good enough that I'd get one myself.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
i like coffee, and beer, and brussels sprouts, and pretty much everything that anyone ever complains about being too bitter. i love my defective tastebuds.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yeah, I love bitter and sour things, they tend to be delicious. I also like really, really dry wine

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

grapey posted:

I got one of those filters that you put regular coffee in so the keurig works like a normal coffee maker because I'm boring.
Their hot chocolate ain't terrible if you're in a pinch.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I have a coffee maker

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I like iced coffee. I live a couple blocks from McDonalds, so I usually get their iced coffee.

Vietnamese Iced Coffee is the best though.

I can't stand bitter, so my coffee drinks have to be really sugary and creamy. Sometimes I'll mix a little bit of coffee in with hot chocolate.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
my cat was sitting across the room. i thought about scooping him up. then i remembered, and i just moved my laptop off my lap and looked at him. he came right over and hopped up. best cat.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

toe knee hand posted:

my cat was sitting across the room. i thought about scooping him up. then i remembered, and i just moved my laptop off my lap and looked at him. he came right over and hopped up. best cat.

that is quality cat for sure.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I love Thai Iced Tea. It is AMAZING.

Also I have a Nespresso. I LOVE it and it makes amazing lattes without me having to figure out how to make espresso without burning myself/cleaning it a lot because I am lazy. I totally recommend it.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Ooh, I haven't heard that one before but I really liked it. Spotify doesn't have their B-sides, so I haven't really listened to any of them. Black Crow King, Lay Me Low, and pretty much everything on Kicking Against the Pricks are my favorites. This is probably my favorite video of theirs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0ohmx4kiM.
My friends always complain when I put Nick Cave on in the car and want to listen to like Mumford & Sons or something. :(

In regards to coffee, get an Aeropress! They are cool looking and people will be like "whoa what is that" every time you use it. I used to have a french press and liked that too until my roommate broke it and didn't buy a new one.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
My coffee maker makes coffee

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I'm all about giving myself cancer via aspartame/splenda/etc., so I'm stoked to try the sugar free ciders. That's my evenings hot drink.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

In regards to coffee, get an Aeropress! They are cool looking and people will be like "whoa what is that" every time you use it. I used to have a french press and liked that too until my roommate broke it and didn't buy a new one.

Seconding the Aeropress. They are awesome for travel when reliable coffee is unlikely. I use one on the ship. (Or used to.)

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

grapey posted:

I'm all about giving myself cancer via aspartame/splenda/etc., so I'm stoked to try the sugar free ciders. That's my evenings hot drink.

Where do u get these

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Donkay NOoo posted:

this is a secret: like whatever you want

This is terrible advice.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Wendigee, maybe your kitty just wants to chat. Have you tried meowing back?

(seriously, we talk to our very vocal cat like this--we are weird, but she loves it)

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

UnnaturalSELECTION posted:

Where do u get these

I've been buying the packets at walmart. They're not too bad.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My favorite Nick Cave song is either The Ship Song or The Curse of Millhaven, depending on my mood. Yes, I only have two moods really and those two songs about sum them up.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Ooh, I haven't heard that one before but I really liked it. Spotify doesn't have their B-sides, so I haven't really listened to any of them. Black Crow King, Lay Me Low, and pretty much everything on Kicking Against the Pricks are my favorites. This is probably my favorite video of theirs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ0ohmx4kiM.
My friends always complain when I put Nick Cave on in the car and want to listen to like Mumford & Sons or something. :(

The B-sides collection is amazing and probably my favorite. Really diverse, with fun collaborations and covers. There's even a nightmarish version of Froggy Went A'Courtin'! I kinda got into him backwards... friend dumped the b-sides on my iPod and I only bought the actual albums later. I adore Murder Ballads from start to finish, Stagger Lee is my get-pumped-in-the-morning song.

I have an unironic case of hero worship for the man, my boyfriend is a little jealous

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
dogs > cats

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Catfrican American :colbert:

I didn't used to drink all that much coffee or beer. Until I hit grad school.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Scorpiobean, your avatar reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjsZbnTNB8c

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

grapey posted:

Wendigee, maybe your kitty just wants to chat. Have you tried meowing back?

(seriously, we talk to our very vocal cat like this--we are weird, but she loves it)

i meow back at his jerk face for minutes and at a time and it just seems to provoke him. He meows more and louder. Uhg.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Cats Rule Everything Around Me. CREAM, get declawed, litter litter box y'all

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I live on a lake lot and I got a spare pillow case. He's asking for it. (j/k hes a lovely boy just noisey and I don't know how to please him)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
going back to sizes, it ends up bringing about a lot of brand loyalty which is less about OMG BRAND than the reality that certain designers cater to your needs better and you know what their sizes correspond to

I buy all my lovely work jeans at Maurices because I know how they fit so accurately I can buy them online. the only other brand of pants I MIGHT buy online is Theory.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
cats have really nice faces. more than just looks, they have personalities too. fun, ferocious and sweet (and sometimes naughty :twisted:), cats do all kinds of things that can surprise you. they are also the perfect companion to a night in. who wouldn't like a cat? those are my thoughts on cats - hope i didn't offend

you rock fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Feb 10, 2014

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

oh god he's started meowing like nuts again. how do i shut him up /make him happy/content :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I think sometimes they just like to hear themselves talk. Mine likes to go into the bathroom and meow his heart out, I think he likes the echo.

My other cat doesn't meow at all, but she has the loudest purr I've ever heard and makes little pigeon noises if you pet her when she's not expecting it :3:

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

poopkitty posted:

Scorpiobean, your avatar reminds me of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjsZbnTNB8c

Oh my, little bean dogs that spout obscure facts? This...might be my spirit animal. I'm going to keep this video in mind for future avatar material. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

This is terrible advice.

YOU'RE terrible advice!!!!!

• Locked thread