Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

boom boom boom posted:

Did dsomebody say asomething good about Madoka!?!
Kyube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

Mad Men is pretty great

I watched the first half of the first season and didn't get it. It's about a bunch of rich assholes who are all awful, and there's an attractive one with a dark secret, but it turns put super lame, and there's some interesting chicks but they're side characters because the main characters is the attractive man with the perfect life but ~strong manly emotions~

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Madoka is a not as good rip off of Kamen Rider Ryuki.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I watched the first half of the first season and didn't get it. It's about a bunch of rich assholes who are all awful, and there's an attractive one with a dark secret, but it turns put super lame, and there's some interesting chicks but they're side characters because the main characters is the attractive man with the perfect life but ~strong manly emotions~
Sounds like Boardwalk Empire, maybe I'll like it. I fully acknowledge that the show is boring, but it's a fascinating boring.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i'd rather watch rick and morty

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

boom boom boom posted:

The first half of the first season is really just set up. A lot of the side characters really, really come into their own later in the series. Especially Peggy. It's a really great show

Plus the clothes :allears:

Thinking about giving my bro a copy of The Crimson Petal and the White, because we have similar tastes and good lord did I love that book. Is it weird to give your little brother a fairly obscene, ridiculously detailed book about a Victorian prostitute?

Also, yeah, Boardwalk Empire owns. I love the soundtrack

Crow Jane fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 10, 2014

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Plom Bar posted:

my favorite tv drama is the one where the guy is a misanthropic jerk who is nonetheless respected by his peers because he solves mysteries

the one were the guy is a girl was okay
and then it stopped being about solving mysteries and i was like uuuggggh

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 4, 2014

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

A cool lighter might be a really good idea. Again though, I want it to be something he can actually take with him

He's a hipster of the "has done a photo shoot with Harmony Korine for a Japanese magazine" ilk. I have not seen the pictures and don't know if I want to, but it's pretty cool

Sprinkle a little lemon juice on the avocado half, then wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. Or just eat the whole thing because avocados are wonderful

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Fabulist posted:

I was purposefully vague, kinda, because everyone's idea of statement, kinda-statement, muted, dressy, not-dressy, etc varies. I decided grabbing some images I already had saved for my clothes blog and made some quick collages would be the easiest way to explain, here. (If anyone sees something you need immediately, just tell me, I know where all of this is sold).

I love your fashion/makeup posts so much (as much as I love your kitty with the amazing eyes)

Though now I want so many of those. Unfortunately, I have a hard time finding anything other than black leggings where I live :(

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Cat ball incoming...

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Crow Jane posted:

Cat ball incoming...

Ooooooh it's like an optical illusion :3:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane posted:

Cat ball incoming...

Be careful, now that she's unlocked the morph ball she'll be able to get to a lot more areas in your house.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Pick posted:

my favorites animoos are:

revolutionary girl utena
berserk
gankutsuou

i hear good things about princess jellyfish, apparently it's about dorky women

I enjoyed Princess Jellyfish a lot, except for the fact that there's only one season, which made me mad. That means I'm going to have to read the manga.

Animes that I like include Madoka Magica, Ouran High School Host Club, Mushi Shi, Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, Persona 4 the Animation and Ghost Hunt.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

amarantinesky posted:

So cute :3:

I don't have lemon juice apparently (?!) so I just wrapped my avocado in like a foot of plastic wrap. Hopefully it ripens up and doesn't brown too much.

Also I can see my roots again already! It's not terrible yet but I dyed my hair January 26 according to my post in this thread. :( So it's been two weeks? How often do you guys dye your hair? I'm pretty sure it's not every two weeks, jesus.

I do mine every 8-12 weeks, depending on how the color is holding up

I'm counting down the days until I can redye mine. While I love my new hair style and it's very cute, it exposed a little patch of grey that I didn't realize that I had (I went from down the middle part to side part, mostly on the advice of this thread thanks guys :3: ) and it's killing me to see it there. Scattered grey hairs? Sure whatever. A PATCH of grey? gently caress no cover that poo poo up oh god!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

My friend wouldn't stop telling me how great Mad Men was so I watched two episodes and they were about how one character's evil Panamanian boyfriend Manolo had pushed another character's mom off a cruise ship into shark-infested waters

I didn't make that up

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

My friend wouldn't stop telling me how great Mad Men was so I watched two episodes and they were about how one character's evil Panamanian boyfriend Manolo had pushed another character's mom off a cruise ship into shark-infested waters

I didn't make that up

Before I watched it people had told me that there was a really great closeted gay character. So I'm watching the first episode, and the men are talking about going to a strip club and one guy is all like, "I don't even like strip clubs, what's the point of looking at a naked woman if you can't gently caress her?" And I was like, great, that sort of ridiculous over-acting machismo, this guy really is a pretty good closeted gay character.

Then it turned out that guy was straight. The closeted gay character was the lisping sensitive artist who lived with his mom and just seems to know what women want.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
at the risk of being a huge bitch, there are definitely some middlebrow shows that capitalize on normal people who have not been exposed to much in life presuming they're highbrow

mad men is such

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
who the gently caress thinks mad men is highbrow?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
People who listen to Terry Gross interview people. I think Mad Men actors or writers are on that show like three times a year or something.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

glandmine posted:

For every person who tells me to watch it, it's amazing, it will change your life uggggh :fap: I want to watch it 10% less.

I just got a text from housemate saying I'd left the gas hob leaking gas for about 4 hours and confirming it was an accident and not a crude assassination attempt. :doh:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Before I watched it people had told me that there was a really great closeted gay character. So I'm watching the first episode, and the men are talking about going to a strip club and one guy is all like, "I don't even like strip clubs, what's the point of looking at a naked woman if you can't gently caress her?" And I was like, great, that sort of ridiculous over-acting machismo, this guy really is a pretty good closeted gay character.

Then it turned out that guy was straight. The closeted gay character was the lisping sensitive artist who lived with his mom and just seems to know what women want.

To be fair a lot of closeted gay people are pretty obvious. In high school my friend came out to me and expected me to be surprised and I was like "Well duh, you're wearing a scarf and pants that button up the side and we just watched an Audrey Hepburn/Carey Grant romantic comedy"

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

To be fair a lot of closeted gay people are pretty obvious. In high school my friend came out to me and expected me to be surprised and I was like "Well duh, you're wearing a scarf and pants that button up the side and we just watched an Audrey Hepburn/Carey Grant romantic comedy"

He could have been a Nice Guy trying to impress you with his feminine side.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

:lol: I mean it's awesome when shows actually have characters that aren't straight but you don't really need to brag about it when the characters are huge stereotypes. That part about pushing someone into shark-infested waters sounds pretty hilarious, but if it were played seriously I can imagine it would be terrible.

I've watched like five seasons of It's Always Sunny in the last few days (yay dropping out of school! :smith: ) and I think I'm becoming a more horrible person. On the plus side it's kind of like socializing with family but not having to actually deal with them.

Yeah they played it totally straight. If it was a goofy 60's pastiche it could have been awesome but as it was it was pretty lame

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

A friend showed me a mad men clip where the main character is showing an ad or something and starts saying vague sad reminiscing stuff, seemed kind of unprofessional if ya ask me. Get your poo poo together dude you're at work

He was much better on 30 rock

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I'm fully aware that Mad Men is a glorified soap opera. But it's a soap opera with good acting, awesome production values, good writing, nice music, and a few people I love looking at. I never claimed to be a deep individual, and Mad Men just hits a certain sweet spot for me.

boom boom boom posted:

Sal is definitely closeted, if that's who you're talking about. His whole arc is very :smith:, and seems pretty accurate for a gay guy at that time, sadly.

The thing with the sharks was pretty hilarious, because it happened to Pete's horrible mother. Pete is such a horrible person it's funny when bad things happen to him

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

amarantinesky posted:

:lol: I mean it's awesome when shows actually have characters that aren't straight but you don't really need to brag about it when the characters are huge stereotypes. That part about pushing someone into shark-infested waters sounds pretty hilarious, but if it were played seriously I can imagine it would be terrible.

I've watched like five seasons of It's Always Sunny in the last few days (yay dropping out of school! :smith: ) and I think I'm becoming a more horrible person. On the plus side it's kind of like socializing with family but not having to actually deal with them.
That show gives me similar feelings. I've felt on the cusp of a Charlie rant all day.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I'm fully aware that Mad Men is a glorified soap opera. But it's a soap opera with good acting, awesome production values, good writing, nice music, and a few people I love looking at. I never claimed to be a deep individual, and Mad Men just hits a certain sweet spot for me.

Sal is definitely closeted, if that's who you're talking about. His whole arc is very :smith:, and seems pretty accurate for a gay guy at that time, sadly.

The thing with the sharks was pretty hilarious, because it happened to Pete's horrible mother. Pete is such a horrible person it's funny when bad things happen to him

I can't really criticize because I've been religiously watching Dance Moms since the first episode

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

oh yeah I wanted to say that because of this thread I impulse-bought nail polish for the first time since I was 12, and now I can't stop looking at my nails because they're soooooooo sparkly
so thank you ladythread, you have made measurable improvements to my life and fabulousness

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

glandmine posted:

lol @ "high brow" television

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

oh yeah I wanted to say that because of this thread I impulse-bought nail polish for the first time since I was 12, and now I can't stop looking at my nails because they're soooooooo sparkly
so thank you ladythread, you have made measurable improvements to my life and fabulousness

join ussss

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

vaguely posted:

Welcome to the dark side

I recently bought a 150 piece e.l.f eyeshadow palette. I hear it's pretty good for cheap stuff, and the colors are so pretty I'm hesitant to mess them up, so I haven't played around with it yet

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

bathroom sounds posted:

lol @ "high brow" television

There was that medical drama Lars Von Trier did. And Fishing With John.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Herman's Head was pretty high brow.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shannonmcn posted:

For every person who tells me to watch it, it's amazing, it will change your life uggggh :fap: I want to watch it 10% less.

exactly

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Sapphire and Steel.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Lightning crashes and suddenly Pig Boots looks up and gives a madness inducing cackle...the coven has strengthened

The reckoning comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I was told this thread appreciates cell phone photos of cats.

• Locked thread