Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Bean posted:

I grabbed Pepper to trim her nails and she peed on me. Twice. Rabbits are the most fun and everyone should get one.

My partner sent me this photo when I was at work and all I could think was bunny pee in my bed. Apparently though he just licked my pillow (Not hers, just mine) for like 10 minutes. She says this is further evidence he thinks I'm filthy and licks me more than her because he's embarrassed.

but this snuggle bro just spent half an hour on our bed hanging out and then jumped off and went to his litter tray when he needed to go, so that's pretty much the best thing ever?

Mr Confetti posted:

Simba's taken a liking to eating our pants and shoelaces. While we're wearing them. And only then.

Yeah, see I can understand Charlie chewing our shoes if we've left them on the floor. They're a rubber leather thing that's good on his teeth, sure, whatever. He doesn't know what shoes are though, when I'm wearing them they might as well just be my feet and he's perfectly happy to have a sneaky nibble. Don't chew my feet you jerk!

Karandras fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.
My bunnies hang out on my bed all the time, but they're litter trained and generally really good about it.

One of them has decided that she absolutely loves to eat the wheels on my vacuum and will go way out of her way to try to get at them. Rabbits! :psyduck:

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Karandras posted:

My partner sent me this photo when I was at work and all I could think was bunny pee in my bed. Apparently though he just licked my pillow (Not hers, just mine) for like 10 minutes. She says this is further evidence he thinks I'm filthy and licks me more than her because he's embarrassed.

HA! That means he loves you more because he is grooming you, which is a sign of love from a bunny, they only groom those they like.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
Yeah, my bedroom rabbit loves to get on the bed lately. Which isnt a bad thing, except for when she eats small holes into my pillowcase! :argh:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Mr Confetti posted:

Simba's taken a liking to eating our pants and shoelaces. While we're wearing them. And only then.

Nipping you on the foot is affection. Then he realizes what amazing mouth feel they have and it goes from there.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

grack posted:

Nipping you on the foot is affection. Then he realizes what amazing mouth feel they have and it goes from there.

He doesn't nip my foot though. Just straight up tries to eat my shoelace.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh
Your brown bun is like my brown bun!

http://i.imgur.com/KFoyal.jpg?1

Brown buns are the best buns.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Mr Confetti posted:

He doesn't nip my foot though. Just straight up tries to eat my shoelace.

Alternatively, rabbits are stupid.

Karandras
Apr 27, 2006

Silverfish posted:

Your bunny looks like it has a majestic three ear crown at first glance

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Silverfish posted:

http://i.imgur.com/KFoyal.jpg?1

Aaawww, they could be sisters :kimchi: Does yours change colour all the time too? Apparently it's a characteristic of the "smokey pearl" breed or something.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Prawned posted:

Aaawww, they could be sisters :kimchi: Does yours change colour all the time too? Apparently it's a characteristic of the "smokey pearl" breed or something.
I had a black mini rex that was born in a litter of dalmatian rexes. In direct sunlight she turned out to be dalmatian as well: very dark red spots on very dark brown/black.

My last rabbit was agouti, so he'd change colors depending on the angle you looked at him.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I had a black mini rex that was born in a litter of dalmatian rexes. In direct sunlight she turned out to be dalmatian as well: very dark red spots on very dark brown/black.

My last rabbit was agouti, so he'd change colors depending on the angle you looked at him.

Well, when I say all the time I mean as the hair grows out, getting lighter and darker and getting striations and patches and whatnot (not a lighting thing).

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh
Yes, she had a lovely fawny belly, now its darker, her nose goes darker or brighter depending on the seasons.
(Or age, possibly). She seems to have a winter coat and a summer coat though. Its adorable.

EDIT: My bun is a Cinnamon bun though, not a smokey pearl. The browns are similarish though!

Silverfish fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 11, 2014

TheCrushinator
May 19, 2008
Hi PI, we adopted a boy bun yesterday named Charlie, he is approx 7 months old and he seems as happy as a bunny with kale, binkying a lot over both me and the wife, nibbling our shoes, trousers, and anything else we wear/have worn and licking and nudging both of us.

All of this is great and makes me feel wanted and loved by our new bundle of destructive power. I call him this because while he has a few chew toys which he uses at times, he is far more interested in the skirting boards, the table, the sofa, and pretty much anything else he can get his mouth to. Oh, and the bottom of a radiator pipe which was fortunately just warm and not hot and the dvd player remote control. Button number 4 for those interested.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions on how to disuade him from doing this or is it a case of "you're a bun owner, which means you don't get to have nice things".

We have had buns before, both of them female though. They grew out of this behaviour, but they were never this bad to begin with. They were also never this friendly immediately either :3:

Huge Liability
Mar 2, 2010
I think he'll get better once he's settled in. Right now, his surroundings are completely new and exciting to him, so he wants to nibble on everything to check it out. Eventually, all those things will become part of his environment. He will probably always want to chew on certain things he really likes (hopefully not something you can't move, like baseboards), but he'll be less inclined to go after every single thing.

For now, I think your best bet is to keep things out of his reach, and chase him off when he's chewing something stationary like the table.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Our vet suggested using horse anti-chew spray, since it will also work on rabbits.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

When mine were in their super chewy younger phase, I had lots of luck with bar soap. Delicious carpet instantly became inedible.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Ours don't seem to eat as much non-food items as they used too, but the wooden furniture still suffers their wrath.

Silverfish posted:

Yes, she had a lovely fawny belly, now its darker, her nose goes darker or brighter depending on the seasons.
(Or age, possibly). She seems to have a winter coat and a summer coat though. Its adorable.

EDIT: My bun is a Cinnamon bun though, not a smokey pearl. The browns are similarish though!

Sweeeeeet. Is she also super-friendly like Peanut? My girlfriend read somewhere that smokey pearls tend to be very affectionate, while the standard dutch (Snoopy) are much more aloof and neurotic.

Silverfish
May 23, 2005
graaaaaaaagh

Prawned posted:

Sweeeeeet. Is she also super-friendly like Peanut? My girlfriend read somewhere that smokey pearls tend to be very affectionate, while the standard dutch (Snoopy) are much more aloof and neurotic.

She's kinda friendly, she came to us in bad condition, having been a street bun for some time. She was really friendly then we got her neutered, but she came round again after that. THEN we got her Mr Bun, and ever since then humans don't exist. She'll let you pet her and stuff but when she's done, she's done :(

drat you Mr Bun!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Prawned posted:

The fact that your Dutch doesn't have a saddle is weird to me.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun bun

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Going on vaca for a week. I really hope Harriet and my friend get along well.

kells
Mar 19, 2009

Lily has been relocated to the balcony for our rental inspection and she's unimpressed.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
They always look so drat disgruntled.

Operation Juicebox
Jun 26, 2006

Acnamino MR 100mg Capsules
So since Rupert died (and thanks for the condolences, thread, I just haven't really been up to posting), we decided we wanted another giant boy for Sapphire's husbun, and we have ended up with George, who was given up to a rescue after he tripped his eight month pregnant former owner on the stairs and she decided he was dangerous.

He's a black conti, and him and Sapphire have been getting on well! We've been bonding them in the bathroom, and letting them out around the upstairs corridor, but soon we shall move them to their permanent home in the workshop with their run.

Harvey is so far, unimpressed at the new interloper.

And here is a slow motion video of George binkying up and down the corridor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6PwHXHDbcc

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Has anyone else dealt with cecals-stuck-in-fur issues?

Cilantro's been having a lot of cecals stuck in her belly, genital, and foot fur lately. We're taking her in to the vet Tuesday to see if maybe there's something going on. We've been treating it by checking her undercarriage every week or so and I started changing her litter more often (every other day instead of every third day) but she was all gummed up this morning and I changed the litter yesterday. Aside from doing sanitary trimming with my clippers, I don't think there's much else I can do. It's also becoming an issue as it's staining the carpet where ever she sits while she has these horrible dingleberries.

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

That sucks. How old is she? I think the first thing a vet'd say is she's no longer capable of reaching back that far to clean herself up.

luscious
Mar 8, 2005

Who can find a virtuous woman,
For her price is far above rubies.
It happened to Paterson sometimes. I gave him a butt bath and cut back on his herbs and it was okay... it was mostly things being too watery and making his dookies watery as opposed to coming out harder.

Also bunny thread this is my dog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Mrd9Oa25o

Look at that killer.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

It's suffering from Frankie. Euth.

Scooty Puff Jr.
Oct 2, 2004
Who's ready for safe fun?
I feel bad for often asking advice in this thread and not posting enough bunny pics so here is a quick one of Euler.

We recently took the legs off of our couch so that she can't scoot underneath, and she has been quite irate.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013
Simba likes chasing trash bags.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yYKfUpIohJg

Flopsy, on the other hand, isn't very impressed.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Woke up this morning to a big, flattened cecal on the carpet. Oh, bun! :allears:

DS at Night posted:

That sucks. How old is she? I think the first thing a vet'd say is she's no longer capable of reaching back that far to clean herself up.

She's going to be 7ish in October. We found her in Oct 2008 and the vet believed she was approx. 1 year old at the time. She doesn't appear to have any issues grooming herself, but she doesn't have incisors and I don't know if rabbits use their incisors to chew threw clumped/matted fur.

luscious posted:

It happened to Paterson sometimes. I gave him a butt bath and cut back on his herbs and it was okay... it was mostly things being too watery and making his dookies watery as opposed to coming out harder.

Her fecal pellets are normal, it's just the cecals that appear to be loose. She's going in for her regular vet check up tomorrow anyway, so hopefully we'll get some answers or advice from our awesome rabbit vet.

I'll post back with and update on my rabbit's poop for you guys. :v:

DS at Night
Jun 1, 2004

Billy used to leave horrible gooey cecals like little cow pats lying around... until he got a girlfriend. I'm not gonna say it's usually psychological though. In your case it sounds like the teeth might be a factor. All I know is it doesn't take much to upset whatever balance they have with those filthy rotting balls of death AKA cecals.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Scooty Puff Jr. posted:

I feel bad for often asking advice in this thread and not posting enough bunny pics so here is a quick one of Euler.

We recently took the legs off of our couch so that she can't scoot underneath, and she has been quite irate.

There's nothing quite like the wrath of a rabbit when you change its living area somehow. Mine used to rage when I'd move her hiding chair from over by my bedroom window to nearer the TV so my mate could sit on it when he came over. So she'd go sit under the chair anyway and then try to attack him whenever he tried to stroke her.

Also the random attacks I'd get when cleaning her cage out and not keeping an eye on where she was in my room.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
STAMPEEEEDE!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pseudonordic posted:

She's going in for her regular vet check up tomorrow anyway, so hopefully we'll get some answers or advice from our awesome rabbit vet.

I'll post back with and update on my rabbit's poop for you guys. :v:

Dr. Vet said she doesn't feel like she has any hairball or blockage issues and since there are no other behavioral changes, she wants to treat it like it's a gut flora issue.

She has us giving Cilantro Reglan/metoclopramide 1 mL 3 times a day and 0.4 ml of TMP-SMZ/Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole twice a day.

This is the first time we've done an antibiotic that wasn't Baytril or some exotic compound from a pharmacy, so that's exciting!

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

That is loving adorable.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
The wife is now demanding a trip to bunny island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Oh my god they were all periscoping around the woman with food :3: