Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

vaguely posted:

oh yeah I wanted to say that because of this thread I impulse-bought nail polish for the first time since I was 12, and now I can't stop looking at my nails because they're soooooooo sparkly
so thank you ladythread, you have made measurable improvements to my life and fabulousness

I get really distracted staring at my nails all the time. Maybe I'm part crow.

I have been avoiding that thread because I already have enough of a problem and I might never escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

Crow Jane posted:

Cat ball incoming...

Pinwheel cat :3:

I seriously can't wait until I move somewhere I can have pets.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 4, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Backslap posted:

I tried to shave my face in the shower like ladies apparently shave their legs and it doesn't work so great without a mirror sometimes. I should try shaving my legs.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Home-Kitchen-Shower-Mirrors/zgbs/home-garden/3785131 A mirror in the shower? What will they think of next! :monocle:

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Why the gently caress would I want to risk seeing myself naked?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

amarantinesky posted:

I didn't mean it in a mean way. :( I honestly was surprised to learn that Mad Men is more like a soap opera because I heard it was sooo classy. I didn't think you were being pretentious just because other people are, though. There's nothing wrong with liking a show, it's just annoying when you constantly hear people act like Downton Abbey is the greatest show ever and it turns out to be a BBC soap opera.

But it's the BBC so all the shows are automatically classy and deep. :rolleyes:

I like painting my nails but they get chipped so easily, it drives me crazy. I'm planning a trip to Sephora as an anniversary/Valentine's Day present, however, so I am eager for any beauty recommendations. I definitely want to get sponges because I hate getting crap on my fingers.

No offense taken! I think people should just like what they like

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
oh my god is there anything worse than trying to break in new shoes? I bought new boots and they look super cute but my feet are SO MAD at me right now. Had to pop them off to give my feet a bit of breathing space.

Is there a better way to break in shoes other than just wearing them a bunch? Like one weird old trick a suburban mom discovered that makes cobblers hate her? Anything?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Throw them in the dryer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Depends on the kind of shoe.

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
For like 5 minutes or give them a full cycle?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
Broil them for about 3 minutes or until lightly brown. The cheese should be melted.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Women's Rights? posted:

For like 5 minutes or give them a full cycle?

I'm not mean enough to continue the joke. Do not put nice shoes in a dryer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
For leather shoes, buy some stretchers and get some mink oil

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn
God dammit don't tease me like that, I dunno nothin' about shoes :argh: For the first time in my life I'm buying clothes/shoes from places that aren't fashion bug

Mean. You guys are mean. I'm taking my too stiff boots and my sad feet and I'm LEAVING

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Trast posted:

I was told this thread appreciates cell phone photos of cats.

those are some qualitye cattes

Women's Rights? posted:

oh my god is there anything worse than trying to break in new shoes? I bought new boots and they look super cute but my feet are SO MAD at me right now. Had to pop them off to give my feet a bit of breathing space.

Is there a better way to break in shoes other than just wearing them a bunch? Like one weird old trick a suburban mom discovered that makes cobblers hate her? Anything?
if they're real leather, the fashion thread often advises putting on a couple pairs of thick socks and then heating the crap out of the shoes with a hairdryer to make the leather conform to your natural footshape
but idk I might be misremembering, I just know fashionthread, for all its problems, knows the dark art of shoes so this is a thing to take to them :)

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

A thing that I have done with shoes that are too tight is to put a small ziplock baggie of water into each, then put them in the freezer. If you do this a couple of times they will stretch out pretty well - I got the pair I did it to up a size at least.

I would not do this with delicate or expensive shoes in case they stretch out weirdly and maybe get some quasimodo-like bulges.

Also I second the recommendation of Sapphire and Steel; it is awesome.

Edit: Double or triple bag the water too; you definitely do not want icebergs to weld themselves into the toes of your shoes because they make the leather go weird-looking and are an absolute bastard to get out.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 10, 2014

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Dangit, my dress from Modcloth came, but I was not expecting $35 in custom costs.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

What we're covering in class right now is so bullshit that somebody straight up asked what the practical application is. The teacher responded "astrophysics." :psyboom:

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Jetsetlemming posted:

What we're covering in class right now is so bullshit that somebody straight up asked what the practical application is. The teacher responded "astrophysics." :psyboom:

the reason I couldn't stand my math classes in college was because the professors never gave proper answers as to what the practical applications were

but now I'm in poli sci so I don't have to worry about that poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nessa posted:

Dangit, my dress from Modcloth came, but I was not expecting $35 in custom costs.

Was it made in China? $35 is usually the Made in China fee.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Portals posted:

the reason I couldn't stand my math classes in college was because the professors never gave proper answers as to what the practical applications were

but now I'm in poli sci so I don't have to worry about that poo poo
I find it really frustrating because I'm perfectly happy with math... as long as it's actually being used to accomplish or analyze something. Math when it comes up in chemistry or physics is fine for me, but math class is like studying obscure grammar rules without actually reading anything in an English class.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
fluffy tuxedo is best, yes

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Was it made in China? $35 is usually the Made in China fee.

Possibly? I don't know.

Not ordering form there again.

I'm just glad that it fits, so I don't have to send it back.

I forgot how weird I look in strapless dresses though. I'm going to have to do something about that.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

I sort of half-rear end made the bed, but the cat didn't move, so.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Gorgar posted:

cat owns

cats own

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Gorgar posted:

fluffy tuxedooooooo

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Gorgar posted:

10/10 would snuggle

I'm too lazy to leave my office and go home, I live here now, this is my life

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN
Apr 27, 2010

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

my cat Ali Baba

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

lot of similar looking cats itt

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Donkay NOoo posted:

nice blue star

...... for me to poop on

Duckie
Sep 12, 2010

This is sewious!
My main man Rupert. Poor guy is tailess!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Donkay NOoo posted:

that's because fluffy black cats are the best

hey since when are you a mod?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Donkay NOoo posted:

When did you become a mod?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Since 5 minutes ago :getin:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I trust you will use your newfound powers for good

At least most of the time

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

that's it. you're banned.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Gorgar posted:

BEARD

wizard cat

Donkay NOoo posted:

mod itt now :derp:

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

Duckie posted:

My main man Rupert. Poor guy is tailess!

he's tailless but he's also spotty so he still owns bones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Pick posted:

Wow, here you go!! I hope you feel better!! :h:

• Locked thread