Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Aww, hell. I checked the website for the week's guests and it looks like CM Punk has pulled out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Aww, hell. I checked the website for the week's guests and it looks like CM Punk has pulled out.

Was he going to be on the Ron Funches episode? That's a shame, if so, because Ron is a total wrestling dork.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

escape artist posted:

Was he going to be on the Ron Funches episode? That's a shame, if so, because Ron is a total wrestling dork.

Yeah, it was originally CM Punk, The Miz, and Funches. Then Miz dropped from the schedule with a TBA, and now we're at Funches, Matt Braunger, and TBA.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Yeah, it was originally CM Punk, The Miz, and Funches. Then Miz dropped from the schedule with a TBA, and now we're at Funches, Matt Braunger, and TBA.

Hopefully they can reschedule. Ron having a nerdgasm would be such a joy to watch. He and PFT are my favorites on this show.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Comedy Central's website lists the following for the schedule this week:

MONDAY 2/10 - Broad City Cast
• Abbi Jacobson @abbijacobson
• Ilana Glazer @ilazer
• Hannibal Buress @hannibalburess

TUESDAY 2/11
• Dan Soder @DanSoder
• Nikki Glaser @NikkiGlaser
• Nate Bargatze @natebargatze

WEDNESDAY 2/12
• Ron Funches @RonFunches
• Matt Braunger @Braunger
• Aparna Nancherla @aparnapkin

Fun(ches) Fact: Ron Funches could become the first person to win three episodes.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Man I love Hannibal Burress but is he the best for a show like this? Does he have a speed higher than 'barely conscious'?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Man I love Hannibal Burress but is he the best for a show like this? Does he have a speed higher than 'barely conscious'?
I've heard conflicting reports about Hannibal Burress and this kind of thing. On the plus side, he's great at panels for TV shows and the like. On the minus side, he's said himself that he's not good at off-the-cuff comedy. I'll watch anything with him in it, so I'm hoping he does well.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

You guys REALLY need to see Broad City.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I agree with this post.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

BigRed0427 posted:

I watched the first episode and wasn't super-invested. Should probably give it another try I guess.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I am the real kool aide man!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

JT Jag posted:

I watched the first episode and wasn't super-invested. Should probably give it another try I guess.

Yes!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Super Mario Bros. 3, actually.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So that was the game I kept seeing people play for the last week.

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9rzmwPjZ0ug

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Hannibal will be great here.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Ironically it seems Hannibal is quickest on the draw right now.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Looks like it's time to ebay my phone!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

JT Jag posted:

THey're getting pretty good.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Inside Lugen Davis :allears:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sochi's Choice, gently caress

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I looked up that flappy bird game today and how the gently caress was that making 50k a day? It's like something I would have made as a freshman comp sci class project, stolen assets and all.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

raditts posted:

I looked up that flappy bird game today and how the gently caress was that making 50k a day? It's like something I would have made as a freshman comp sci class project, stolen assets and all.

Ad revenue.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

Apparently, last week he used shady methods to make it show up first on the app store.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

raditts posted:

Extremely simple concepts tend to be ridiculously popular.

There was an app that cost a thousand dollars that did literally nothing but display a gem and the fact that you could afford to buy the app, and people still bought it (before it was pulled.)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
A good indicator of anything furry related in combining two animals.

I am enjoying the fact the two girls are completely perving out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hannibal dunking on the broads.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Is it just me, or are Abbi and Ilana just not in the zone at all? Maybe it's the editing giving Hannibal most of the answers, I dunno.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

A good indicator of anything furry related in combining two animals.

I am enjoying the fact the two girls are completely perving out.

You are so drat far in the future man.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

OmegaBR posted:

Is it just me, or are Abbi and Ilana just not in the zone at all? Maybe it's the editing giving Hannibal most of the answers, I dunno.
He's getting all his points from reacting to stuff, not from quickly coming up with answers. And that's kinda his entire deal.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Emo furry.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Roxors posted:

You are so drat far in the future man.

I literally posted that after the next segment was complete. Does the US have like 10 minutes of ads or something during @midnight, because its really bad time lag.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

JT Jag posted:

He's getting all his points from reacting to stuff, not from quickly coming up with answers. And that's kinda his entire deal.

I expected more out of Abbi and Ilana honestly :smith:.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

I literally posted that after the next segment was complete. Does the US have like 10 minutes of ads or something?

I posted when the segment started for me, so you posted it about 2 min before the segment started.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I literally posted that after the next segment was complete. Does the US have like 10 minutes of ads or something?

I think Canada is actually ahead of us.

JT Jag posted:

Suppose you're right, just seems like the other two are barely reacting themselves. And Abbi's doing this thing where she gives a not funny answer and then goes on and on explaining it until it becomes funny. Compared to Doug Benson's "laugh a bunch until he can stand to get the answer out" technique.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
You know say what you will about Shia, but he was great in Holes and I can't fully hate him. Also he realized that Indy 4 was lovely.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

You know say what you will about Shia, but he was great in Holes and I can't fully hate him. Also he realized that Indy 4 was lovely.

Shia the rangeful child actor was a lot better than Shia the moody adult actor.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I still remember Even Stevens.

I am old.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

OmegaBR posted:

I think Abbi is stoned.

Shia LeBeouf is a pathological liar.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

JT Jag posted:

I still remember Even Stevens.

I am old.
I remember Phil of the Future and Lizzie McGuire too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427