Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Xarthor posted:

Ahaha, this is great. This is so far out there it's borderline satire.

No fun allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
I See You Pee

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Darkman Fanpage posted:

No fun allowed.

It isn't funny like conservative humor. It would be much more funny if they had strapped the dogs to the top of Air Force One or tossed them into the jet engine intake.

This is pretty good.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Notorious QIG posted:

Why the gently caress is the Wall Street Journal opining about the nature of sexual assault on college campuses?

Do you have to ask? Obama came out against on campus rape two weeks ago.

Radish posted:

As several other posters have pointed out, it's hard to read her name without thinking "Sip-e Cup"

I know I always catch myself doing it.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

SE Cupp somehow manages to espouse the generic asinine conservative talking points in a more condescending manner than even Sean Hannity. She's like a smug wizard.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

SE Cupp somehow manages to espouse the generic asinine conservative talking points in a more condescending manner than even Sean Hannity. She's like a smug wizard.

Wizards are pretty smug in general so that makes her even smugger.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Phone posted:

This is pretty good.

When I first read it, I laughed out loud. Then I was horrified and a bit ashamed. Then I laughed out loud again.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
After hearing about the House passing the debt ceiling bill, I figured I'd touch the poop a little and listen to Mark Levine on my way home from work. While I was listening to him rant about the betrayal of true conservatives by the House GOP leadership, I realized that I really don't understand what extreme right wingers think the end-state of their paranoid fantasies are. If I'm correct in reading between Levine's generalities, they believe that the government, as a tool of the boogeyman left, is making itself bigger and driving itself into debt because they want to destroy the government because they hate America. Is this right? Because if so, I just can't follow the delusional logic. Not that it's surprising, but still :shrug:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bait and Swatch posted:

After hearing about the House passing the debt ceiling bill, I figured I'd touch the poop a little and listen to Mark Levine on my way home from work. While I was listening to him rant about the betrayal of true conservatives by the House GOP leadership, I realized that I really don't understand what extreme right wingers think the end-state of their paranoid fantasies are. If I'm correct in reading between Levine's generalities, they believe that the government, as a tool of the boogeyman left, is making itself bigger and driving itself into debt because they want to destroy the government because they hate America. Is this right? Because if so, I just can't follow the delusional logic. Not that it's surprising, but still :shrug:
The hilarious part about this round of debt-ceiling nonsense is Boehner had to cave in primarily because he had no alternative that was going to get votes beyond a clean bill. They couldn't even agree to attach a rider that would remove the cuts to the military pensions that were gutted months ago.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Bait and Swatch posted:

Their goal is to make money off of bigots, idiots, true believers, and other grifters, while laughing all the way to the bank. This is accomplished by instilling fear via constant propaganda. Short term is all that matters.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 12, 2014

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Support Cartographers Without Borders

mr. mephistopheles posted:

SE Cupp will always insert the words "both sides" into every sentence she utters. Fact.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Sword of Chomsky posted:

Their goal is to make money off of bigots, idiots, true believers, and other grifters, while laughing all the way to the bank. This is accomplished by instilling fear via constant propaganda. Short term is all that matters.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- what passes for conservatism today is basically a movement to part rubes from their hard earned money -- a la SarahPAC, FreedomWorks, Tea Party Patriots...

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Infomaniac posted:

SE Cupp will always insert the words "both sides" into every sentence she utters. Fact.

I would love to call in and basically scold her in a parental tone: "Sarah Elizabeth, what have we said about false equivalencies?"

Isn't she the one who also said America could never vote for an atheist because it's such a small sample of America's population -- and instead, she turned around and said she's going to vote the Mormon?

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Pixelboy posted:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- what passes for conservatism today is basically a movement to part rubes from their hard earned money -- a la SarahPAC, FreedomWorks, Tea Party Patriots...

And to redistribute the wealth upward, which they've been incredibly successful at.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for posting that Onion article. That's the best, most refreshing laugh I've had in several days.

Also, thanks for the YouTube vid of Raleigh. Down here in Charlotte I had no idea something so great was going on!

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

beatlegs posted:

And to redistribute the wealth upward, which they've been incredibly successful at.

It's not like the Dems have exactly been throwing themselves in front of the train on this either though. Not that it's the equivalent of conservative efforts by any means, but it's become systemic rather than party based in my opinion.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Bait and Swatch posted:

It's not like the Dems have exactly been throwing themselves in front of the train on this either though. Not that it's the equivalent of conservative efforts by any means, but it's become systemic rather than party based in my opinion.

I will gladly disagree on this one. You can say that about the revolving door and bowing to corporate interests but the level of grifting in the GOP is unparalleled in any other political party. The only thing close on the D side is book deals, and that's nothing.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Dr. Faustus posted:

Also, thanks for the YouTube vid of Raleigh. Down here in Charlotte I had no idea something so great was going on!

The HKonJ march is a yearly thing. The NAACP gets people from all over the country to come for it. Despite being held on a Saturday, last year's march also served as the de facto first Moral Monday.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Sword of Chomsky posted:

I will gladly disagree on this one. You can say that about the revolving door and bowing to corporate interests but the level of grifting in the GOP is unparalleled in any other political party. The only thing close on the D side is book deals, and that's nothing.

Just because it's a talking point again doesn't make inequality new issue. It was glaringly obvious in the mid-80s, and has only gotten worse since. The Democrats have had their opportunities to make a serious effort to turn things around, and whether through incompetence or intent, they haven't taken them. I really hope that the administration's serious about tackling the issue this time, but I'm not sure they have the pull to make it happen, even in their own party. I'm in no way suggesting that they are treading the conservative path of actively working to expand the inequality, just that their motivation over the years has seemed wanting.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007

Pixelboy posted:

I would love to call in and basically scold her in a parental tone: "Sarah Elizabeth, what have we said about false equivalencies?"

"We have to stop the false equivalencies on both sides"
-SE Cupp

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Certainly Bill Clinton did his part to increase inequality.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mark Levin, like a typical school yard bully, likes to call people made up derogatory variations of their real names, he does the same for businesses, and usually it's a close variation of their real name. Tonight tough, he was calling Bill de Blasio by the name of Bill de Commio. He's just awful.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

radical meme posted:

Mark Levin, like a typical school yard bully, likes to call people made up derogatory variations of their real names, he does the same for businesses, and usually it's a close variation of their real name. Tonight tough, he was calling Bill de Blasio by the name of Bill de Commio. He's just awful.

I'm going to start calling him Levin of Nine for his robotic adherence to conservative orthodoxy. Can I have a radio show now?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I dunno. I almost think it makes him adorable in a simpering moron kind of way. I hear him say, "the New York Slimes," and I'm all just, "aww aren't you just the cutest little firebrand with your 'funny' little nicknames for everything." I can't help but find him entertaining despite how big of a shrill shitbag he is. He is the incarnate manifestation of Poe's Law.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Bait and Swatch posted:

Just because it's a talking point again doesn't make inequality new issue. It was glaringly obvious in the mid-80s, and has only gotten worse since. The Democrats have had their opportunities to make a serious effort to turn things around, and whether through incompetence or intent, they haven't taken them. I really hope that the administration's serious about tackling the issue this time, but I'm not sure they have the pull to make it happen, even in their own party. I'm in no way suggesting that they are treading the conservative path of actively working to expand the inequality, just that their motivation over the years has seemed wanting.

The public really hasn't been aware of the wealth gap until recently, especially now that it's effects have become palpable. Awareness and anger are growing, and when that happens Dems tend to buckle to their constituency, whereas the GOP is basically on a zombie mission to destroy everything & doesn't give a gently caress.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

PeterWeller posted:

I dunno. I almost think it makes him adorable in a simpering moron kind of way. I hear him say, "the New York Slimes," and I'm all just, "aww aren't you just the cutest little firebrand with your 'funny' little nicknames for everything." I can't help but find him entertaining despite how big of a shrill shitbag he is. He is the incarnate manifestation of Poe's Law.

Spencer Hughes used to host a radio show on Fox News Talk. He constantly talked about "San Fransicko". He also said he suffered from Libs palsy where his speech would slur when he got so made at liberals.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Hey guys, The Wall Street Journal would like to remind you that there's no such thing as a war on women.

Oh the pro rape gambit, yeah that has worked well in the past. What is it with conservatives and loving the hell out of rape and hating abortion? Hell of a one two punch.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

PeterWeller posted:

Levin is a hilarious tubby shut in who only appears on formats where he knows he can control everything. It's pretty obvious that he's one of those guys who never got over getting picked on in high school and craves power just so he can poo poo all over anyone he can push around.

He takes time off to go to blizzcon every year and I think he broadcasts out of his basement these days.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spaceman Future! posted:

What is it with conservatives and loving the hell out of rape and hating abortion? Hell of a one two punch.

I think it's just simple, sheer, hatred of women. Another example is how liberal women are framed as both man-hating, ugly harpies and promiscuous, vapid sluts.

edit: I think that last sentence basically sums up right wing media for the entirety of 2015-2016.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Feb 12, 2014

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Levin is a hilarious tubby shut in who only appears on formats where he knows he can control everything. It's pretty obvious that he's one of those guys who never got over getting picked on in high school and craves power just so he can poo poo all over anyone he can push around.

He takes time off to go to blizzcon every year and I think he broadcasts out of his basement these days.

Whenever he experiences even the smallest amount of pushback from a caller, he goes into immediate meltdown mode, complete with insults, asinine strawmen, and deflections. It's pathetic.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Spaceman Future! posted:

Oh the pro rape gambit, yeah that has worked well in the past. What is it with conservatives and loving the hell out of rape and hating abortion? Hell of a one two punch.

It's kinda surprising to me, actually. I thought the WSJ was all about being old school business conservative types, who just want to slash taxes and eliminate the minimum wage. The culture warrior "all women are whores" bit seems off-key.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Wolfsheim posted:

It's kinda surprising to me, actually. I thought the WSJ was all about being old school business conservative types, who just want to slash taxes and eliminate the minimum wage. The culture warrior "all women are whores" bit seems off-key.

Defending rape culture is the new fiscal conservatism. Adam Smith fortells that the poors will rise up once women are no longer held responsible for "totally begging for it" by daring to look good while drinking alcohol.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

WSJ readership are the ones that have to foot the bill for a good lawyer when their sons go to trial for rape.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Reminder that Rupert Murdoch bought the WSJ in 2007.

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
Re: levin

I think levin got a lot of his cred as a serious keeper of the conservative flame when Palin cited him as a person she gets her :airquote:information:airquote: from. Sean Hannity also made her list of conservative luminaries.

He's like Mike Savage without the one in a dozen somewhat redeeming anecdote.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Speaking of Mike Savage, I wonder if he still does that thing where he has some dude lay out a pre-recorded screed intermittently cut with canned clips of Savage saying stuff like "Go on," "Interesting" and "Hmmmm."

Infomaniac
Jul 3, 2007
If I had to listen to one right wing radio personality for the rest of time it would be savage no contest.

Everytime I drink a rockstar I hear his voice . If you listen closely, you can hear his sage wisdom echo though the copy on the can.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/10/right-wing-pastor-pat-robertson-committed-blasphemy-by-mocking-creationism/

"A pastor affiliated with the American Family Association has accused religious broadcaster Pat Robertson of “blasphemy” for mocking creationism.

Robertson responded to last week’s debate between Bill Nye, “the Science Guy,” and Creation Museum founder Ken Ham by flatly denouncing the idea that the Earth was only 6,000 years old.

“Let’s be real,” Robertson said on his “700 Club” program. “Let’s not make a joke of ourselves.”"

Reasonable Robertson is back again

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Cardboard Box A posted:

Who?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Cardboard Box A posted:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/10/right-wing-pastor-pat-robertson-committed-blasphemy-by-mocking-creationism/

"A pastor affiliated with the American Family Association has accused religious broadcaster Pat Robertson of “blasphemy” for mocking creationism.

Robertson responded to last week’s debate between Bill Nye, “the Science Guy,” and Creation Museum founder Ken Ham by flatly denouncing the idea that the Earth was only 6,000 years old.

“Let’s be real,” Robertson said on his “700 Club” program. “Let’s not make a joke of ourselves.”"

Haha, what the gently caress? I mean this is the guy who blamed gays and feminists for 9/11 I'm seriously seriously surprised he doesn't believe young earth stuff