Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Helicoprion posted:

Im looking for the name of a movie late 90s early 2000s. Its about a young guy,hes running from the police for the murder of his girlfriend(I think) he meets a black dude who says he will help him out. but the black dude turns out to be the real killer and tries to pin the murder or murders on the young guy. I also remember it ends with a train in the snow. Its kinda like the Hitcher but its not.

I would be really gratefull if someone could id this.

Sounds like Switchback. The black man being Danny Glover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Call
Nov 15, 2005

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

I have a very vague memory of a movie from the early-to-mid 80s featuring two people skiing down a hill, one chasing the other. The guy in back has a sickle (the handheld kind) and might be dressed kind of like the Grim Reeaper. There's a close up of the sickle held up against the sky and then it descends. I know I never watched the whole movie, that was just a clip they showed in a commercial on HBO for a Month of Horror Movies. I also "remember" the victim's head rolling down the hill, but since all I saw was a clip in a commercial, that's almost certainly my young mind filling in the blanks. In any case, that clip scared the crap out of me and I always had to close my eyes whenever that commercial played.

Sounds like it could be Shredder, but it's from 2003 and lacks a scythe. The low budget aspect of it ages it a bit though (?)

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010

donquixotic posted:

Sounds like Switchback. The black man being Danny Glover.

Wow! Thats it! Thanks alot man:)

El Graplurado
Mar 24, 2004
I do backflips when you're not looking.

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

I have a very vague memory of a movie from the early-to-mid 80s featuring two people skiing down a hill, one chasing the other. The guy in back has a sickle (the handheld kind) and might be dressed kind of like the Grim Reeaper. There's a close up of the sickle held up against the sky and then it descends. I know I never watched the whole movie, that was just a clip they showed in a commercial on HBO for a Month of Horror Movies. I also "remember" the victim's head rolling down the hill, but since all I saw was a clip in a commercial, that's almost certainly my young mind filling in the blanks. In any case, that clip scared the crap out of me and I always had to close my eyes whenever that commercial played.

It's skating not skiing and a doll's head, but Curtains?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mocDVmZmpc

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

El Graplurado posted:

It's skating not skiing and a doll's head, but Curtains?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mocDVmZmpc

Thanks, that's it! And it's on Youtube, so I can finally face my 30+ year fear.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Slim Killington posted:

I'm looking for 70s-80s era movies with night-time explosions. Preferably, a house exploding. Think Lethal Weapon house explosion, only not in the middle of the day.

So far all I can think of are The Thing and First Blood, neither of which are houses, but they'll work in a pinch. Any ideas?

vvv Yeah 90s is cool too.

I seem to remember Friday the 13th VII: The New Blood having a pretty gnarly house explosion at night, towards the end.

Ralphis
Aug 2, 2011
I have a memory of a mid 90s comedy that had featured black teenagers as the protagonists. Maybe two of them. The one wanted to take this girl out on a date and he would day dream up scenarios. The one scenario I remember was a spoof of Terminator 2 where he is the Terminator and he beats up some dudes in a diner. Saw it on HBO a couple of years ago and never got the name. I think this one is a long shot but you guys have a way of impressing me so good luck!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Ralphis posted:

I have a memory of a mid 90s comedy that had featured black teenagers as the protagonists. Maybe two of them. The one wanted to take this girl out on a date and he would day dream up scenarios. The one scenario I remember was a spoof of Terminator 2 where he is the Terminator and he beats up some dudes in a diner. Saw it on HBO a couple of years ago and never got the name. I think this one is a long shot but you guys have a way of impressing me so good luck!

Kinda sounds like Phat Beach.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
This had been bugging me for 20 or so years. I post once every few years asking for help. Please help:

Brian Dennehy, or someone like that, is a small-town cop. He pulls over this couple in an older car. The man says he did the maintenance on the car himself. The cop makes the couple get out, and makes the boy find grease from under the car (the line I remember is "I thought you kept this car cherry, boy"). The cop then rapes the girl, and tells the guy if he turns around and the gun is pointed at him, he (the cop) will kill them both. If it's not, he'll let them go. He puts the gun on the hood or roof or the car, but the guy never turns around.
Later, the couple confronts this cop at a diner or something.

It is NOT Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call (before that) or that Stephen King tv novella about Ron Pearlman.

An old roommate and I used to quote this to each other, so I know at least two people saw it, pleas help.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

ladron posted:

This had been bugging me for 20 or so years. I post once every few years asking for help. Please help:
If you're really desperate try asking here: http://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/ It's one of the few things Reddit is good for.

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Right goons, got a feeling this will be a fairly easy one.

This was a short film (I think about an hours runtime) about a down and out nobody that enrols on a drug trial for cash and the side effect of the drug is that he hallucinates he has super powers. I think the drug company has a blue feather for a logo. This goes on for a bit with him running into walls and such still believing he has super powers and trying to be generally heroic. At some point the drug company boss gets word of this and tries to get him back to the company so they can hush this all up. Eventually drug company guy runs over our hapless hero a few times who keeps getting back up and saying "You can't stop me". Eventually drug company guy breaks down crying realising he is in fact a loving huge douche.

Credits roll.

Edit: I have the impression it is a mid 2000's film, reasonably modern contemporary anyway.

Ballbot5000 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Feb 13, 2014

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If it was Michael Rappaport it was Special. There' same similar movie that came out around the same time with Woody Harrelson but I forget the name

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Special it is! Thanks a bunch, I could picture the main guy but no amount of "Ginger American sit-com actor" googling could unearth him.

Cheers!

Ralphis
Aug 2, 2011

codyclarke posted:

Kinda sounds like Phat Beach.

Not it but definitely similar vibes. I remembered that they were in an LA looking highschool sort of setting though. I think they spend a couple scenes there. Phat Beach has coolio though so this was a great find regardless 10/10

1969 baby
Apr 29, 2013

ladron posted:

Brian Dennehy, or someone like that, is a small-town cop. He pulls over this couple in an older car. The man says he did the maintenance on the car himself. The cop makes the couple get out, and makes the boy find grease from under the car (the line I remember is "I thought you kept this car cherry, boy"). The cop then rapes the girl, and tells the guy if he turns around and the gun is pointed at him, he (the cop) will kill them both. If it's not, he'll let them go. He puts the gun on the hood or roof or the car, but the guy never turns around.
Later, the couple confronts this cop at a diner or something.

It is NOT Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call (before that) or that Stephen King tv novella about Ron Pearlman.

An old roommate and I used to quote this to each other, so I know at least two people saw it, pleas help.

I think that was an episode of The Hitchiker on HBO, but I can't figure out which one from IMDB. I remember the scene.

edit. I found a board where some other people are trying to remember that scene and one of them brings up that the guy was handcuffed to the car bumper. I think I've always wondered about that movie or whatever it was.

1969 baby fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 16, 2014

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

1969 baby posted:

I think that was an episode of The Hitchiker on HBO, but I can't figure out which one from IMDB. I remember the scene.

edit. I found a board where some other people are trying to remember that scene and one of them brings up that the guy was handcuffed to the car bumper. I think I've always wondered about that movie or whatever it was.

I'm 98% sure that it's a movie and not The Hitchhiker, I seem to remember reading about this scene in a Roger Ebert review of the movie. Damned if I can remember what movie it is though.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Opopanax posted:

If it was Michael Rappaport it was Special. There' same similar movie that came out around the same time with Woody Harrelson but I forget the name

The movie with Woody Harrelson is Defendor.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
I'm just happy that someone else finally knows what I'm talking about.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
How about a really old slasher/horror film where at one point a guy is screaming, and he sticks his tongue out as he's screaming and his tongue starts kind of growing and becomes a grotesque little head, then his face and head kind of peel off or something and his tongue grows into his new head, as a monster?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's probably The Thing

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Need help finding some art house film.

It takes place in the 80s (though I doubt that's when it was actually made) that's basically about a group of upper class 20-somethings who go to an estate in the country and basically murder each other during a constant drug and sex binge. All I can remember is that the primary character is a guy with long spiked hair kind of like this and the trailer has Red Light by Siouxsie and the Banshees playing over it. I also remember someone describing it as "American Psycho meets The Holy Mountain". I watched it about three to four years ago through some :filez: website, so I don't know how much that will help.

I know it's not a lot to go on, but it would be great if someone can help.

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Opopanax posted:

That's probably The Thing

No, The Thing was a lot classier. This was a low-budget slasher.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

From Beyond, maybe?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Opopanax posted:

From Beyond, maybe?

My favorite Lovecraft film, just about. No, I don't think that's it. Thanks for trying though. Don't Look in the Basement doesn't have a scene like that, does it? I'm racking my little brain for what other bad horror movies I watched back around then.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

SnakePlissken posted:

How about a really old slasher/horror film where at one point a guy is screaming, and he sticks his tongue out as he's screaming and his tongue starts kind of growing and becomes a grotesque little head, then his face and head kind of peel off or something and his tongue grows into his new head, as a monster?

Is it The Guyver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMDGS1NqL0

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!

MizPiz posted:

It takes place in the 80s (though I doubt that's when it was actually made) that's basically about a group of upper class 20-somethings who go to an estate in the country and basically murder each other during a constant drug and sex binge. All I can remember is that the primary character is a guy with long spiked hair kind of like this and the trailer has Red Light by Siouxsie and the Banshees playing over it. I also remember someone describing it as "American Psycho meets The Holy Mountain". I watched it about three to four years ago through some :filez: website, so I don't know how much that will help.

Someone's Knocking at the Door?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Heehee Mark Hamill has had an amusing career. I didn't even know there was a Guyver movie, that's how much I keep track of stuff. Might have to watch that one now.

1969 baby
Apr 29, 2013

MizPiz posted:

Other than the hair cut, it sounds like "Dead Babies" aka "Mood Swingers". I haven't seen the movie, but I read the book many years ago.

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Another one, from either the mid to late 80s, though possibly a little earlier. It's about a group of young guys who form a secretive vigilante squad on their high school or college campus. In the scene I remember, the group watches one of their targets from afar as he stands talking to some people on a sidewalk as people walk behind him going to and from their classes. One of the group casually walks behind the target with a knife or box cutter and slashes him across the rear end. It takes the target a few seconds to realize what happened, and the guy who slashed him has already blended back into the crowd before the guy starts freaking out. The group watching from afar all think it's hilarious except for one guy who gets mad and says something along the lines of, "We're using knives now? This has gone too far!"

For years, I was convinced this movie was called Brotherhood of the Rose based on a novel by David Morrell, but I just looked up the book and discovered that's not what Brotherhood of the Rose is about at all. So what the hell did I watch?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

"High School Vigilante Movie" got me Brotherhood of Justice so that's a safe bet.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

Nothing so far with this, but I do remember that they used a camera that was widely used in the 80s. I'm still remaining hopeful someone actually knows what I'm talking about.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skeevy Mcgee posted:

Another one, from either the mid to late 80s, though possibly a little earlier. It's about a group of young guys who form a secretive vigilante squad on their high school or college campus. In the scene I remember, the group watches one of their targets from afar as he stands talking to some people on a sidewalk as people walk behind him going to and from their classes. One of the group casually walks behind the target with a knife or box cutter and slashes him across the rear end. It takes the target a few seconds to realize what happened, and the guy who slashed him has already blended back into the crowd before the guy starts freaking out. The group watching from afar all think it's hilarious except for one guy who gets mad and says something along the lines of, "We're using knives now? This has gone too far!"

For years, I was convinced this movie was called Brotherhood of the Rose based on a novel by David Morrell, but I just looked up the book and discovered that's not what Brotherhood of the Rose is about at all. So what the hell did I watch?

Dangerously Close? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090904/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_22

trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTeblxXUOQ

full movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNY9hK9f2Ok

Skeevy Mcgee
Feb 17, 2007

Opopanax posted:

"High School Vigilante Movie" got me Brotherhood of Justice so that's a safe bet.

Sorry I never confirmed (I had to go out of town for a couple days), but this one is definitely it. I'm surprised I didn't remember Reeves, Sutherland, and Loughlin were in it.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

MizPiz posted:

Nothing so far with this, but I do remember that they used a camera that was widely used in the 80s. I'm still remaining hopeful someone actually knows what I'm talking about.

Dead Babies??

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0218138/

Beaten

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I remember watching some of this movie in the early 90's. It was on Betamax. It was a fantasy film. The bad guys had a mountain/asteroid space fortress. In the earlier part of the movie the bad guys appear to be winning and when one of the bad henchmen gets killed there is a worm-like thing that comes out of them.

I don't remember very much about it.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Ego-bot posted:

I remember watching some of this movie in the early 90's. It was on Betamax. It was a fantasy film. The bad guys had a mountain/asteroid space fortress. In the earlier part of the movie the bad guys appear to be winning and when one of the bad henchmen gets killed there is a worm-like thing that comes out of them.

I don't remember very much about it.

Krull? Wasn't Krull the one where the white squiggly things came out of them when they died?

edit: not really worms, but they're squigly. Regardless, Krull loving owns.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpV6qfQJVw

schwenz fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 22, 2014

Zola
Jul 22, 2005

What do you mean "impossible"? You're so
cruel, Roger Smith...
This one is driving me crazy. It was a black and white movie, in the suspense/thriller genre I believe (possibly also noir), that I saw back around 1980 on The Great Entertainment with Frank Avruch on WCVB.

I don't remember much about the movie. There was a young woman and a mysterious stranger who may have committed a murder. He came to talk to the woman, carrying the box. It was implied that the murder victim's head was in the box, it was strangely shaped but just the right size to hold a human head. The police came by and she told them it was her box and she kept papers in it, and I have no idea at all if there really was a severed head in it because I fell asleep before the movie ended.

I know that's vague, but hopefully someone will recognize it.

golevka
Feb 24, 2014

Even bad coffee is better than no coffee at all.

schwenz posted:

Krull? Wasn't Krull the one where the white squiggly things came out of them when they died?

edit: not really worms, but they're squigly. Regardless, Krull loving owns.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ndpV6qfQJVw

Oh poo poo, I forgot I own Krull. I love the sets and costumes in this movie.

Swabbleflange
Apr 18, 2008

MizPiz posted:

Might be way out because I saw it well over 20 years ago, but could it be The Suicide Club (not the Japanese one, a UK film from 1988):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096186/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zola
Jul 22, 2005

What do you mean "impossible"? You're so
cruel, Roger Smith...
I think I found my movie.

Night Must Fall (the 1937 version)

Oddly, I searched on "head in a box" and found it.

Now if I can only find it showing on TV...