Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
they also found out that further back than a generation both sides of the family are 100% alcoholics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Avshalom posted:

they also found out that further back than a generation both sides of the family are 100% alcoholics

hey mine too

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wildlife Analysis posted:

they're great tastes that taste great together

you have to be insane to be a grad student honestly

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Tempus Fugit posted:

You'd hate my semen martinis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agQpK6H3LP8
you may be interested in such a thing

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Avshalom posted:

Thought I was German until I did the ancestry DNA test. 80% scots-irish. Which makes so much more sense considering my infatuation with whisky

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

-

Portals fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 4, 2014

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 4, 2014

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i super wanna do the 23andme thing but its kinda pricey for me :(
i already know my moms side of the family is russian (well, ex-soviet? eastern european?) since they moved over between 1910-1930s but idk about my dad
wanna know about my poo poo genetics plz

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i come from... white... people... town

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
im more interested in the other genetic info, like the medical stuff or any abnormalities,not necessarily the family information n poo poo

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 4, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

amarantinesky posted:

Is it a normal question in Australia or is it a "you look foreign" thing?
a bit of both. sydney is super multicultural so people are often interested in each other's backgrounds; and the caucasian population of rural australia was still overwhelmingly british while i was growing up there, so a phenotype like mine (pale skin, dark eyes, jewfro) was Foreign enough to unsettle elderly white people

in other news,

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 4, 2014

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

amarantinesky posted:

Wow it's pretty boring on these forums at 4 am est. I guess this is what it's like to be Australian.
I liked your cat except the lips. That's why hello kitty doesn't have a mouth I think.
being australian is an endless hell :(

those lips are for kissing

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Chiba City Blues posted:

im more interested in the other genetic info, like the medical stuff or any abnormalities,not necessarily the family information n poo poo

23andMe got sued so they can't show that stuff anymore :(

Avshalom posted:

in other news,

amazing

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

amarantinesky posted:

Wow it's pretty boring on these forums at 4 am est. I guess this is what it's like to be Australian.

I'm here a fair bit but it's because I never sleep.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 4, 2014

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
idk

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
if i'm awake i can clean and put stuff in frames and etc, there's always more to be done

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Pick posted:

if i'm awake i can clean and put stuff in frames and etc, there's always more to be done

You can come talk to me in nite crew if you get bored.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I'm here! I had to make dinner and then Collard Greens for tomorrows "Cultural Heritage Committee Soul Food Showcase." And here's a picture I took earlier of me at work. I'm a dork and was trying to do the Atlas pose but I'm too short. Also bad pseudo-shop job to crop out the Japanese crew who was still working.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
boat balls!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
nite crew frightens me, i feel i'm not hip and happening enough for them

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Why does that boat have balls?

23andme can't give out medical information, because the US government department who lets people do that says they can't cos they're not doctors etc.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Avshalom posted:

nite crew frightens me, i feel i'm not hip and happening enough for them

I found this picture of nite crew:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I found this picture of nite crew:

meanwhile this is me irl

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
oh gently caress it here's my comic

all the artwork is like ancient (~3 months) at this point because i made a huge buffer and then fell victim to that thing where you hate all your drawings that are more than two weeks old. also i'd just discovered how to do an overlay filter and by god i was going to make the most of it. anyway maybe it'll give you something to look at if you're a bored insomniac (for like ten seconds, it's only seven pages long)

don't make a comic

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Schmetterling posted:

Why does that boat have balls?

What I'm standing under is the sonar dome. And it's technically a ship. Ships carry boats, boats get carried on ships. :tipshat:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Avshalom posted:

all the artwork is like ancient (~3 months) at this point because i made a huge buffer and then fell victim to that thing where you hate all your drawings that are more than two weeks old. also i'd just discovered how to do an overlay filter and by god i was going to make the most of it. anyway maybe it'll give you something to look at if you're a bored insomniac (for like ten seconds, it's only seven pages long)

don't make a comic

pft, make a comic, make all the comics, make comics forever and gently caress shame it's dumb

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Avshalom posted:

meanwhile this is me irl

got a lil ghostface on your shirt there

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Torka posted:

got a lil ghostface on your shirt there
that's also me

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

amarantinesky posted:

I'm shocked that no one has made a cat spider hybrid to be the mascot of the thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX3iLfcMDCw

Avshalom posted:

don't make a comic
that's the exact reason I quit my comic when I was 18, I'd been drawing it for 3 months and read through it again and decided 'gently caress this I'm out'
also it was genuinely really pretty bad
kind of been wanting to start one again, please talk me out of it because it's a horrible idea

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
even bad comics are a cool experience and fun and enriching and you get better at comics :colbert:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

vaguely posted:

that's the exact reason I quit my comic when I was 18, I'd been drawing it for 3 months and read through it again and decided 'gently caress this I'm out'
i'm 23 :(

quote:

kind of been wanting to start one again, please talk me out of it because it's a horrible idea
you should start another comic

let's all start a comic circle

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I'm 25 now, sometimes I think about looking it up again for nostalgia's sake but it was on the old Drunkduck so hooray I've been saved from that

quote:

you should start another comic

let's all start a comic circle
well I'm convinced

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

vaguely posted:

well I'm convinced
make a comic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU