Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I am drinking a root beer right now.

I also love cauliflower and melons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 4, 2014

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Cauliflower is amazing you philistines. Close third to broccoli and brussel sprouts.

Green peppers are good with very savoury things. Bananas are disgusting but my Dad can't even stand to touch or smell them so maybe I picked up on that. Slimy. Weird. The best fruit is tomatoes. Or so ripe they're nearly rotten peaches.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

amarantinesky posted:

My makeup order came in, yay. Fabulist told me to take pictures and give a report. Feel free to ignore it!

How much did you spend :ohdear: also MJ Daisy is my go to fragrance

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
all melons are awful

the best fruit is unripe pears because i'm literally hitler and hate fun

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

I dislike every melon except watermelon. Cantaloupes suck too

Gospel loving truth.

Also, peppers are good. All of them.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

this thread's fruitiness is getting out of hand

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How do people just rule out fruits? all fruits are good. Just because got some mank rear end melon at kroger don't mean all melons are bad

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Corn Thongs posted:

this thread's fruitiness is getting out of hand

its wrong 2 control womans bodies (their hands and what they type)

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

amarantinesky posted:

You're a nurse, right? He can't really post so I'm posting for him. It had stopped when I applied gauze but we took the gauze off to check it out and it started bleeding fairly steadily after that. Should I just butterfly + gauze it or is that not a good idea? There's supposed to be a blizzard very soon so we're not eager to drive to the ER or anything...

e: I just performed my home first aid magic and I'm pretty sure he won't die of an infection.

<3

Jetsetlemming fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 13, 2014

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

boom boom boom posted:

How do people just rule out fruits? all fruits are good. Just because got some mank rear end melon at kroger don't mean all melons are bad

i've tried a bunch of different types of melons and they're all gross as gently caress but i hate most tropical fruits in general

other than kiwis because kiwis are a god send

edit: confirming that my hatred of banans is also because i hate men

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

If I do die from an infection I'm rescinding that heart btw

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Is there a dumber idea than the touch screen laptop?

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 4, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

You don't like pencil skirts?

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

amarantinesky posted:

You're a nurse, right? He can't really post so I'm posting for him. It had stopped when I applied gauze but we took the gauze off to check it out and it started bleeding fairly steadily after that. Should I just butterfly + gauze it or is that not a good idea? There's supposed to be a blizzard very soon so we're not eager to drive to the ER or anything...

e: I just performed my home first aid magic and I'm pretty sure he won't die of an infection.

(:shobon: NP actually but I was an RN longer) IANAMD/This is not medical advice I'm just some random jerk on the internet with an opinion disclaimer: If this had happened to me, I would cover it up put pressure on it, then leave it alone. Checking it can disturb the clot formation. If there was seriously a lot of blood to the point where it's soaking through bandages and it would not stop bleeding and there was a blizzard coming, I may or may not do something besides wait it out. If it did stop bleeding, but later it looked red and infected and oozy and evil, I would definitely go have it looked at.

I'm trying to walk that fine line between "being helpful" and "giving medical advice". I could be a Tibetan yak herder for all you know, after all :q:

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

What a nice job she did there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i wish instead of maeup i could just apply temp tattos of turtles to my face

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 4, 2014

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Nooo why would I mock your first aid skills :( You did do a nice job wrapping it up :)

Also it wasn't advice :ssh:, it was a "what I would do if it happened to me" scenario and should be viewed as such :)

Edit: There was color, movement, and sensitivity distal to the cut wasn't there? Good. I knew there would be.

Thora fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 13, 2014

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Re: Buddy Cole

You can watch the clips on Colbert's website. I watched it at work today. Love Scott. He's aged so much better than the rest of the KITH despite almost dying from cancer.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

the friendliest goon rush

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Avshalom posted:

the friendliest goon rush

it helps that you're good at art

today it snowed just enough to make everyone poo poo at driving but not enough to actually do anything pretty instead it was just salt and brown everywhere

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

today it snowed just enough to make everyone poo poo at driving but not enough to actually do anything pretty instead it was just salt and brown everywhere
i was standing at an intersection for two minutes the other day and i saw no less than three near-collisions because sydney drivers absolutely lose their poo poo when it rains

it rained for thirty seconds

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Pick posted:

Ya i feel like a vapid slut who turned her back on feminism when i apply makeup, where every stroke of the brush is a stroke of a patriarchal nazi guard's cock. i can't afford urban decay and chanel tho so usually i just check out where local fairs are happening and drive down there by 5 in the morning giving me time to get my face painted by the clown and to drive back so i can be in by 9 and looking good

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

you rock posted:

usually i just check out where local fairs are happening and drive down there by 5 in the morning giving me time to get my face painted by the clown and to drive back so i can be in by 9 and looking good
same

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Avshalom posted:

i was standing at an intersection for two minutes the other day and i saw no less than three near-collisions because sydney drivers absolutely lose their poo poo when it rains

it rained for thirty seconds

but it's minneapolis people are supposed to be good at this holy hell it's not even thick enough to hide the sidewalk

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

Thora posted:

Nooo why would I mock your first aid skills :( You did do a nice job wrapping it up :)

Also it wasn't advice :ssh:, it was a "what I would do if it happened to me" scenario and should be viewed as such :)

Edit: There was color, movement, and sensitivity distal to the cut wasn't there? Good. I knew there would be.
Idk what this stuff means. My finger hurts but it's calmed down significantly since the application of neo sporin and a butterfly bandage. It's not pale, immobile, or numb.
When I was a teenager I hosed up my knee real bad in a snowmobile accident, and my leg was numb from the gash down for a couple months. It got better eventually tho

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Jetsetlemming posted:

It's not pale, immobile, or numb.

And not bleeding. (it sounds like) All is well.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

every time I put on makeup or a dress I feel like I'm crossdressing

Pick posted:

you have the power to do this

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Every time I put on eye makeup that's not shimmery nude color, I feel like Mimi from The Drew Carey Show.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

It is snowing all night and into tomorrow and I have work and oh no :ohdear:

Portals posted:

every time I put on makeup or a dress I feel like I'm crossdressing

transtrans

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
lunch today is fruit salad with passionfruit yoghurt

dinner today is felafels with baba ganouj

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I got my keurig today! It's shiny and purple and I'm a lady so that's totally OK

Looking forward to my first fancy single cup o' coffee tomorrow morning!

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
You can get re loadable keurig cups so that you don't drown in itty bitty plastics

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Avshalom posted:

lunch today is fruit salad with passionfruit yoghurt

dinner today is felafels with baba ganouj

I'm in snow storm territory, so I made broccoli cheddar soup and will probably eat soup all day tomorrow. I also have homemade bread it is delicious.

I have many questions about Australia. Question 1: How does Perth have so many people and like, nothing around it. What do people who live in other parts of Australia think about Perth?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

detectivemonkey posted:

I'm in snow storm territory, so I made broccoli cheddar soup and will probably eat soup all day tomorrow.

do you have a recipe for this? that sounds like something I want to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Portals posted:

do you have a recipe for this? that sounds like something I want to make

Yes! I use this one. I also always make bread. Since I got a Dutch oven I started making no-knead bread all the time. This time, I replaced one cup of white flour with one cup of wheat flour and it worked out really well. Now I have something I feel is vaguely healthy to dip into my literal bowl of cheese and butter.

• Locked thread