Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Veryslightlymad posted:

Update. "The Simulator" becomes available. Prize is Psylocke. At first glance, I'm disappointed how much I want her (since she's not a character I actually like very much), but she looks like she'd plug into my current A-team very effectively. drat it.
I lost to a "trivial" battle. gently caress you, Hulk. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I played like three rounds in the double tap tournament and ended up in the top 400. I don't know if that means the player base is shrinking or what.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

CrashCat posted:

I lost to a "trivial" battle. gently caress you, Hulk. :negative:

A "trivial" battle where Captain America has 2200hp at level 1? Wow, gently caress you game. poo poo on new players harder while you're at it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lofty132 posted:

I played like three rounds in the double tap tournament and ended up in the top 400. I don't know if that means the player base is shrinking or what.

I think those are like 500 player brackets.

Also there was apparently problems? With downed timers?

quote:

Some of the characters in the game have had their Downed timers (time it takes to return to minimum health from being defeated) set incorrectly when they were released. We’ll be fixing this in an upcoming data patch. This is a relatively minor change, but figured that since it has impact in some positive ways for some characters and some negative ones for others that we wanted to get it out in front of everyone before it goes live. Note that these changes bring them into line with what the other characters of that rarity's timers are, so it's not really arbitrary, just a pure bugfix.

Changes:
Old -> New
Ares - 50 minutes to 20 minutes
Captain America - 50 minutes to 20 minutes
Spider-Man (Bag-Man) - 50 minutes to 20 minutes
Moonstone - 50 minutes to 20 minutes
Iron Man (Model 40) - 5 minutes to 50 minutes
Invisible Woman - 50 minutes to 100 minutes

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Lofty132 posted:

The top runners in my bracket were 900+. I shielded 3 hours out at about 750 in 12th place and got overtaken to end somewhere in the top 45. I think a lot of people have been concentrating on the PVE event instead as the rewards for that are pretty awesome.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SynthOrange posted:

Also there was apparently problems? With downed timers?
Sweet, finally a Bag-Man buff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So instead of enemy levels going up and down when I win or lose, I can sit here and watch them swing between level 100 and 200 overnight, then back again by lunch. Without me doing a thing.

Is this progress?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Bruceski posted:

So instead of enemy levels going up and down when I win or lose, I can sit here and watch them swing between level 100 and 200 overnight, then back again by lunch. Without me doing a thing.

Is this progress?

It sounds like it is working more like they intended. If a lot of people are not finishing missions, they should drop gradually. If they fine tune the scaling some more, and stop it from ramping up the difficulty so fast, it could actually work out to be an ok system.

I'm not holding my breath though.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Friendly Fire posted:

It sounds like it is working more like they intended. If a lot of people are not finishing missions, they should drop gradually. If they fine tune the scaling some more, and stop it from ramping up the difficulty so fast, it could actually work out to be an ok system.

I'm not holding my breath though.

There are missions that are ridiculously difficult (Anything with Magneto or Daken) that most people cannot finish on hard and that indeed do not increase that much in difficulty over time. Same thing happens with the Loki-required ones since lots of people cannot do them.

Also, it seems that the difficulty is reset once a day, after the point values are reset too.

Anyways, I'm about a third of the way towards my Yellow Patch objective. Seems doable.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
OH. That's part of why the Hood mission is so dangerous; they stealth buffed him.

Twin Pistols no longer ends the turn like it used to. So now he's got a really good board-churning battery in addition to his Dormammu's Aid battery. Sick sick sick.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Veryslightlymad posted:

OH. That's part of why the Hood mission is so dangerous; they stealth buffed him.

Twin Pistols no longer ends the turn like it used to. So now he's got a really good board-churning battery in addition to his Dormammu's Aid battery. Sick sick sick.

That's always been the level 5 upgrade for Twin Pistols.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Seriously? God drat. I knew there was a reason I wanted the Hood so badly. Still have exactly 0 covers to show for it.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Using Grey Suit BW, Modern Storm, and Thor on the desert stage is amazing for an unending feedback loop of green tile death.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
One of the things this event has been good for is showing me unorthodox combinations I'd probably never have used.

Loki, Cap and Classic Storm are stomping everything to death.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

News about upcoming R48:
http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3567

Hooray, respecs coming! Start saving covers for the powers you want to level up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Respec system seems pretty solid - avoided the pitfall of character losing max level by simply making it require max level, and you can use covers or hero points.
Achievements only for Android seems weird as that's like the least achievement-centric platform out of the three of them.

Unfortunately Alliances being implemented means we now have to start arguing about which terrible pun name the goon group will use. I'm throwing the first one in as Unstable Goon-8.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Alliances! Suggestions for a goon alliance name please.

Also the respec system isnt awful at all! Unless they forgot to include a HP cost in the notes.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Today I learned that Daredevil can use abilities despite being stunned, which is the biggest pile of bullshit I have seen this game throw at me yet. It also makes me want to level my Daredevil.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Janitors of S.H.I.E.L.D?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
G.O.D.O.P.

Goony Organism Designed Only for Posting

edit: Why isn't there a MODOK yet?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Just go with Super Human Intelligence Team.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

G.O.D.O.P.

Goony Organism Designed Only for Posting

edit: Why isn't there a MODOK yet?

Goony Organism Designed Only for Crabbing. G.O.D.O.C.

Edit: or since there's S.H.I.E.L.D and H.A.M.M.E.R we could just be G.O.O.N.S and make up something to fit. "And what does that mean to you?" "It means somebody really wanted the acronym to be S.H.I.E.L.D."

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 14, 2014

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
General Organization Of Neckbearded Slobs

Shroud
May 11, 2009
N.E.C.K.B.E.A.R.D.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, is it just me or are the point rewards displaying accurately now?!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Wait, is it just me or are the point rewards displaying accurately now?!

Sweet mother of murgatroid you're right!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Why is Daken such a broken loving character? HE SUCKS. He is a terrible, lovely character.

Also, the computer seems to magically create strike tiles where they can't possibly be destroyed.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I kinda like:

General Organization Of Neckbearded Slobs

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, a decent haul from Tokens for once. Daken (already maxed), Loki Purple and Hulk Black.

At least, I think Hulk Black was from the Simulator Token. Might've been a from Standard that I got from the first mission of the new Simulator mode.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
Classic Magneto needed for the missions and my token gives it to me. :toot: This event is actually pretty good. And here I was ready to stop playing.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wow, a decent haul from Tokens for once. Daken (already maxed), Loki Purple and Hulk Black.

At least, I think Hulk Black was from the Simulator Token. Might've been a from Standard that I got from the first mission of the new Simulator mode.

My simulator token disappeared! This game is so polished :allears:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Good luck with that IW fight tomorrow because god drat.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Hahaha.

Placed 4th in the hard simulation.

Should have received 2 Highly Trained recruit tokens.

Got Standard ones instead.

:thumbsup:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainScraps posted:

Good luck with that IW fight tomorrow because god drat.

That's why you have to do it *RIGHT NOW*.

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

trucutru posted:

That's why you have to do it *RIGHT NOW*.

Fool me once, shame on ... shame on you. Fool me... You can't get fooled again!'

Yeah I just did this, got tons of points, won't touch it tomorrow probably. Easy fights!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Good thing I have Magneto Classic. I'm currently first place in this heat of the event.*

*This will not last.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
So now that the respec system has been announced, it makes sense to put every cover you get on your characters as this lets you level them up while waiting for the covers you actually want. I wish I still had that Red Thor cover I sold last week as I would have had him up to level 85 while waiting to swap it out for the green when I get it.

The only time it doesn't make sense to do this is if you don't want to make abilities more expensive to use like OBW's purple.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I got 2 Captain Americas and a three star Magneto Classic from my Highly Trained tokens from the easy PVE event. I already have my Cap finished but the Magneto will come in handy.

I only got the basic tokens from the hard event but managed to pull a Green Patch so I'm pretty stoked about that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Friendly Fire posted:

So now that the respec system has been announced, it makes sense to put every cover you get on your characters as this lets you level them up while waiting for the covers you actually want. I wish I still had that Red Thor cover I sold last week as I would have had him up to level 85 while waiting to swap it out for the green when I get it.

Silly you, it's gonna cost 50,000 ISO or something like that (for a 3-star character) to respec.

Anyways, managed to get 10,000 points from the not-yet-hard difficulty, carving a Daken-shaped path of destruction, and then went back to the easy difficulty to check if I could get some ISO from the invisible woman mission... and enough people had done that mission to have its level be higher than the one in hard! LOL. Their adaptive difficulty sucks so much.

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004

trucutru posted:

Silly you, it's gonna cost 50,000 ISO or something like that (for a 3-star character) to respec.

quote:

Bruce Banner’s research on the Gamma Bomb have paid off in an unexpected way. Using Iso-8 as its base, a new style of energy reactor has been created with Gamma Bomb technology. Anyone that is within range of these controlled environments when the reactor is active has found themselves able to alter the strength of their abilities, but at a cost to another one of their strengths. S.H.I.E.L.D. technologists have termed this phenomenon a “Power Shift”, although SHIELD Field Agents have taken to calling it a “Respec”
o Power Shifting may only be done to a character that has 13/13 abilities
o Using an ability comic (or paying the Hero Point cost) for the power desired, an Agent may choose to add a point to that power while reducing one of the other powers by one point.

Silly you, there is no mention of an iso cost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They didnt mention the cost change of boosts either when they sprang that on us. :v: