Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

BarkingSquirrel posted:

So no one knows if my thing with Shield Flux is a bug or not?

poo poo...forgot to test it last night. I'll try tonight on different frames and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So we all know magnetic for corpus, radiation for grineer, but what is actually best for infested? I always see mixed things here. Is it viral, gas, or corrosive?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Killsion posted:

So we all know magnetic for corpus, radiation for grineer, but what is actually best for infested? I always see mixed things here. Is it viral, gas, or corrosive?

Gas is best against the weak enemies, Corrosive is best against Ancient Disrupters and Toxic Ancients. Usually the Ancients are the bigger problem so you generally want corrosive on the higher levels.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Killsion posted:

Gas is the best for all the little infested guys, but you don't really need help to slaughter those guys. Corrosive is good against the stuff that will eventually get hard to kill (Ancient Disruptors and Toxic Ancients) and is neutral to the little guys so it's probably better to take. Toxin is the same principal as corrosive but not as good and has a damage penalty to Ancient healers.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Pierson posted:

Eh I give the basic rifles/pistols a pass because that is more or less what reloading them should look like. The Cestra has a great reload animation because you just take the barrel from the gun, reverse it, and put it right back in. :v:

Game will have been out (oh no wait sorry in open beta) for a year come end of this month. It's come a long way.

I think the dera still has the best reload animation, in that it contains no actual loading at all. You push a button to slide something, then push another button to slide it back.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
During Infested missions I can't stop thinking "wow, someone really Cronenberged this place up" due to watching Rick and Morty :unsmigghh:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

Eh I give the basic rifles/pistols a pass because that is more or less what reloading them should look like. The Cestra has a great reload animation because you just take the barrel from the gun, reverse it, and put it right back in. :v:

Game will have been out (oh no wait sorry in open beta) for a year come end of this month. It's come a long way.

The best part of the Cestra reload animation is that if you're holding a datamass, you flip the datamass too! :v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pierson posted:

New dudes don't know how lucky they are with individualised reload animations. Back in my day every gun fired from an invisible clip taken from your side and put onto the bottom of your handle! :corsair:

It seriously makes me wonder why they haven't gone back and made like, a tiny bit of effort to un-lame the starting weapons that newbies still have to play with. They release a new weapon every single week but there's still only like 2 things we can tell them to get, and they're all really boring compared to the awesome stuff you can suddenly get all at once right around mastery level 4 or so.

Compared to the stilettos which I just used for the first time and probably spent a good minute just reloading and watching that badass flippy animation.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do new players still get the Braton Mk1? that poo poo needs to be scrapped ASAP if so and just give people the choice of either a Braton or the Burston or something.

E: Also un-nerf Embers 2 please, the new one is shockingly poo poo.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Feb 13, 2014

nacon
May 7, 2005

Anyone else not patching? Login says that there's a new update available, but the launcher doesn't download anything.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I just had 4 players in a row either logout immediately after trying to invite, or tell me an update was available and they couldn't join. No redtext. Stealth update?

Edit: Or maybe DE just broke things again.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
I logged to check on another program, tried to log back in and it's telling me that there is an update, launcher doesn't pick it up though.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Ok so I'm not the only one getting that.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/178954-2132014-login-issues/

They're working on it.

Edit: it's back up.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 13, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Helter Skelter posted:

Now I want to get a group of 2 novas and 2 banshees together for a disco dubstep murder party.

I'm sorry, but someone has beaten us to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MfyosmnZXE

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
:pcgaming:

So from what I can tell I need to go find a way to murder my ISP, apparently. Love randomly losing my connection when walking to extract!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ice Fist posted:

I'm sorry, but someone has beaten us to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MfyosmnZXE
This makes me so very, very happy.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
There's an extermination alert up right now on PS4 but whenever you play it, no enemies spawn. I've tried solo and with parties and it's never worked. Annoying.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Gestalt Intellect posted:

It seriously makes me wonder why they haven't gone back and made like, a tiny bit of effort to un-lame the starting weapons that newbies still have to play with. They release a new weapon every single week but there's still only like 2 things we can tell them to get, and they're all really boring compared to the awesome stuff you can suddenly get all at once right around mastery level 4 or so.
I think a fair workaround for this is to give newbies a random new weapon in a slot of their choice (rifle, sidearm, melee) after leaving Mercury or even perhaps after defeating a boss for the very first time. Because weapons aren't trade-able and they sell for crap credits it should help with the dull grind from Mercury onward before the fun starts to ramp up linearly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

They should just remove the MK1 and stock Lato and have the regular Braton and Lato Vandal be the starting weapons, instead of having the starter weapons be utter garbage.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Daric posted:

There's an extermination alert up right now on PS4 but whenever you play it, no enemies spawn. I've tried solo and with parties and it's never worked. Annoying.
Glad I'm not the only one who gets these. First time it happened I was all, 'Wooo! Free credits! :toot:' Then couldn't extract. Worst part was when I tried to get a new map, I kept getting dropped into the same game with the same 3 idiots who weren't quitting. :suicide:

It seriously makes me wonder why they haven't gone back and made like, a tiny bit of effort to un-lame the starting weapons that newbies still have to play with.
I imagine it's also a marketing thing. Probably hoping people just go, 'Argh, gently caress it' and buy some platinum to get a gun that doesn't suck balls before they learn you can get guns from blueprints easier as you progress through the map. Originally I thought resources were scarce as hell. Now I'm just rolling in stuff that isn't rare drops.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

limited posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who gets these. First time it happened I was all, 'Wooo! Free credits! :toot:' Then couldn't extract. Worst part was when I tried to get a new map, I kept getting dropped into the same game with the same 3 idiots who weren't quitting. :suicide:
Yeah, this happens to me a ton on PC with people who are afk so that I can get through a tandem door or the like, there really just needs to be an option to host a game or join a public game, because there are a ton of mission types that really aren't reasonable to do solo unless you are using really specific setups. A lot of the time though you can get away with setting your ping limit to the minimum and having the game yell at you about it before it lets you host your own mission.

limited posted:

I imagine it's also a marketing thing. Probably hoping people just go, 'Argh, gently caress it' and buy some platinum to get a gun that doesn't suck balls before they learn you can get guns from blueprints easier as you progress through the map. Originally I thought resources were scarce as hell. Now I'm just rolling in stuff that isn't rare drops.

Yeah, I would wager that the vast majority of plat weapon/frame purcahses are by brand new players, excluding new releases. The pricing is just too aggressive to get anyone who hasn't sunk hundreds of dollars on a founder or prime access pack. I would say the monetization is one of the weaker ones I've seen from free-to-play games, people will gladly pay real money for hats and color packs and poo poo in these games, but when you present them with something that can be gotten for a little bit of effort, and a day's wait, they'll they take the way that doesn't cost real money 95% of the time. The prices are just way too outrageous to make casual purchases once you know what it's actually worth in-game.

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

AndroidHub posted:

Yeah, I would wager that the vast majority of plat weapon/frame purcahses are by brand new players, excluding new releases. The pricing is just too aggressive to get anyone who hasn't sunk hundreds of dollars on a founder or prime access pack. I would say the monetization is one of the weaker ones I've seen from free-to-play games, people will gladly pay real money for hats and color packs and poo poo in these games, but when you present them with something that can be gotten for a little bit of effort, and a day's wait, they'll they take the way that doesn't cost real money 95% of the time. The prices are just way too outrageous to make casual purchases once you know what it's actually worth in-game.

You say that, but let's be honest: how many people in this thread have used plat to buy potatoes or weapon/warframe slots? I would say their monetization is pretty clever, but they're targeting two pretty distinct audiences.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Androc posted:

You say that, but let's be honest: how many people in this thread have used plat to buy potatoes or weapon/warframe slots? I would say their monetization is pretty clever, but they're targeting two pretty distinct audiences.

AndroidHub posted:

Yeah, I would wager that the vast majority of plat weapon/frame purcahses are by brand new players, excluding new releases.

Yeah, I've spent real money on slots and potatoes, but he was talking about weapons and frames.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Does every nightmare mode mod have an equal chance of dropping from every nightmare mode mission? The wiki has nothing to say to the contrary.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Just finished building my ember. Any recommended builds? I cant tell whether or not any of these ability's are just garbage

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cowcaster posted:

Does every nightmare mode mod have an equal chance of dropping from every nightmare mode mission? The wiki has nothing to say to the contrary.

Blaze and Hammershot have lower chances, the rest are all even and can drop from any mission.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 13, 2014

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

Yes, Something like Hammer Shot can drop from any nightmare mission. Just at a 1% drop rate.

And for Ember, her spam 1 is decent fireball with aoe but can damage you. Number 2 is pretty much garbage, semi-stun and flame damage debuff. Number 3 is alright for area denial. Her ultmate is pretty drat good for clearing out areas. Works best with focus and duration.

QQmore fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Feb 13, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

Think so.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

QQmore posted:

And for Ember, her spam 1 is decent fireball with aoe but can damage you.

Actually they fixed that. Fireball no longer lets Ember suicide.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

woo free colour pallete

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

golden bubble posted:

Yeah, I've spent real money on slots and potatoes, but he was talking about weapons and frames.
A lot of people have spent real money on weapons and frames when they started out and didn't read much about what to pay for and what not to, and that's about a whole $15 I'll just never get back. I got the impression that drop rates for resources and credits were pretty bad and it'd take a while to get access to weapons that don't suck, so I paid a few bucks to buy something better. On the other hand, if I had to keep grinding for several planets to get the resources to craft some better weapons, I stood a good chance of quitting out of frustration and written off the rest of the game. Since then, I've sunk a lot more money in (including founders packages) and that's probably textbook up-selling if you ask me.

I'm sure they're watching numbers on what people are buying with plat and comparing to what's built. The new frame is only 175 plat, for example, but it's unquestionably the most arduous to acquire without it so far (and yes, Nekros was easier to get).

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Sandweed posted:

Have you checked the wiki?
Yes and it says nothing at all about the matter.

Helter Skelter posted:

I don't know if anyone else here actually has the mod to test since it's only available through transmutation (which is rightfully regarded as a waste of money/time by most folks), but I can't imagine it being intended. Do your shields come back if you let your stamina regen first?
Nope. No matter what I've tried they stay drained until the mission is over.

*Edit Through alerts and random rewards I have acquired every single Banshee part including all the alternate helmets EXCEPT the regular helmet that I can't build the frame without. All I need is the Banshee helmet and Vauban systems and I'll have every frame available on the PS4. The game, it is mocking me :(

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 13, 2014

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've joined games right after they release new frames and every other player in the session is rocking the new frame, so they are raking in Plat on players that don't want to deal with the grind.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Sandweed posted:

I've joined games right after they release new frames and every other player in the session is rocking the new frame, so they are raking in Plat on players that don't want to deal with the grind.

This is my experience as well.

As for me, I never buy frames or weapons, but I buy slots, potatos and alternate helments all the time.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Cowcaster posted:

Drop rates are on the wiki.

Three different chances.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I meant, they don't change based on what mission type it is, what level it is, or what penalty you get.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

limited posted:

I guess, but it probably also turns away a lot of people because they don't know that you can get this stuff fairly easily. The newcomer experience (without knowing people to guide you through it) is pretty bad, and offputting if you are just starting out alone.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Cowcaster posted:

I meant, they don't change based on what mission type it is, what level it is, or what penalty you get.

No, not like that, it's strictly percentage-based at the end of the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
So I haven't touched this game in probably 5+ months now. I got burned out shortly before ~scarfs~ update. I was also getting rather tired of spam 4-4-4-4 gameplay and armor-piercing supremacy. Has the varied damage/armor system made a drastic difference in how the game plays or is it pretty much same ol same ol'?

Did they ever fix Corpus Mobile Defense, joining Void maps without needing to friend everyone, stuff like like ping/FPS(?) affecting fire rate and other assorted jankiness?