Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Portals posted:

trying to decide between making rice pudding or these next week

leaning more on the side of the poffins because they're adorable

I'll take the side of rice pudding. If you can find the "Thomas Jefferson" recipe, where it's baked in the oven for a few hours, it's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
"Home" was probably the best X-Files episode, but the second best was probably the vampire one with Luke Wilson and the kid from The Sandlot

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Corn Thongs posted:

you were cute once, what happened

I honestly don't know how to respond to this and I wish I did.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

The same, and then the opposite

like I said I was twelve and found out the funny lady I really liked didn't much care for dudes so that was kinda a bummer but I also thought hey, good for her

I still do.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

my definition of cute may or may not be strange

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ladythread, i am going low-carb and i'm not sure i'll survive

like i only made the decision five minutes ago and i'm already fantasising about sourdough

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Avshalom posted:

ladythread, i am going low-carb and i'm not sure i'll survive

like i only made the decision five minutes ago and i'm already fantasising about sourdough

As long as you go low carb and not zero carb you'll be fine. If you go like 50-100 grams a day you don't have to start making weird carb-substitute foods to fill out your meals, and it is still quite low carb. 2 slices of white bread is ~25 carbs, so you can still have a sandwich once in a while without falling off the wagon. The goal of a low carb diet is to manage your hunger by stabilizing your blood sugar, so cut out sugar, corn syrup and simple starches, not raw fruits and vegetables.

You get one of those crazy ketogenic under 20 grams of carbs a day diets and you have to cut out things like carrots and blueberries. That's just nuts.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Portals posted:

could someone explain to me high-waisted minishorts

I don't understand how they could possibly be appealing

I think it's kind of a retro/pin-up/burlesque thing. The same way retro underpants can look good, and not like granny panties, even though the only differences are minor things like trim, leg cut, etc

Crow Jane posted:

Yeah, the 90's ones do look pretty cheap and awful for the most part. The 40's ones own though, and I may try to buy something like that soon. Something both walkable and chic is the work shoe holy grail

There's a shoe brand called T.U.K. That makes some awesome retro shoes from all sorts of decades, including the 40's. They also have lower heel heights, which is wonderful, and all of the heels I have from them (a shameful amount) are extremely comfortable for their heel heights, except one pair. It has tiny 3/4" heels and my feet kill me in them for some reason.

Most of the time, you can find TUKs waaaay below retail on Amazon, eBay, or a specialty storefront. I always just Google the item number. Their UK site also has things that their US site doesn't have. Sharing examples because <3 shoes <3

And a couple of ladythread-appropriate shoes from the same company

I might own the shoes in the third, fourth, and sixth pictures.

I don't really do cute much or well, even if I do own a pair of flats with metal kitty faces and tails on them.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

watching wolf of wall street semi-illegally with roommates and a few other people and wow there's a lot more nudity and debauchery than I expected

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

ladies

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

watching leo dicaprio attempt to get into his car on quaaludes may be the best part of this movie

e: nevermind the bit right after is even better

Portals fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 15, 2014

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
i bave that movie but im putting off watching it because of three hours

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sheen Sheen posted:

"Home" was probably the best X-Files episode, but the second best was probably the vampire one with Luke Wilson and the kid from The Sandlot

"Home" is good but too horrible to watch more than one or twice, "Bad Blood" on the other hand is definitely in my person top 5 episodes. I got the boxset on a whim a couple of christmases ago and I'm really glad I did, even though I never ever watch any of the overarching plot Aliensy-Conspiracy episodes because they were boring enough the first time around - MOTW episodes are way more fun.

I liked some of Millennium too, but I think a lot of that is down to how great Lance Henriksen is tbh.

Pookah fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 15, 2014

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Tempus Fugit posted:

30 ellens agree
:dance:

Thinking of starting a cult where we drink whisky and watch Kids in the Hall. Any takers?
Just putting this out there, Steven Colbert hired Scott Thompson and sent Buddy Cole to Russia to report on the Olympics. It's been shamefully underpublicized but it totally made my week.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If Tommy Wiseau never left Poland.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Dongicus posted:

i bave that movie but im putting off watching it because of three hours

I cannot parse this sentence

e: holy poo poo the second after I post that, I figure out what you're trying to say

I wasn't expecting it to be three hours so about halfway through I was thinking "wow we aren't even close to a resolution" and then there was another hour and a half and now it's almost four am and I made like ten typos while typing this up so I should sleep, good night ladythread

Portals fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 15, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i met my brothers friend with benefits today, she was really cool and way, way too hot for him. what the hell lady have some self-respect

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Fruity Gordo posted:

i met my brothers friend with benefits today, she was really cool and way, way too hot for him. what the hell lady have some self-respect

Maybe he's good in bed? Or has other hidden talents.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Portals posted:

I cannot parse this sentence

e: holy poo poo the second after I post that, I figure out what you're trying to say

I wasn't expecting it to be three hours so about halfway through I was thinking "wow we aren't even close to a resolution" and then there was another hour and a half and now it's almost four am and I made like ten typos while typing this up so I should sleep, good night ladythread

I am the retarded

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Tempus Fugit posted:

30 ellens agree
:dance:

Thinking of starting a cult where we drink whisky and watch Kids in the Hall. Any takers?

I'll join. I call Gavin for dress-up day

This picture is my very favorite thing on the internet, I just love that dude. Here's another one:

:allears:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Good morning, ladies

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

That moose knuckle is impressive.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Fruity Gordo posted:

maybe good in bed + nice personality which is hard to find or indulges in kinky poo poo which most guys are too pussy for

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
fuckin nasty

who is that anyway? he looks like errol flynn but errol would have bought pants that fit

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

fuckin nasty

who is that anyway? he looks like errol flynn but errol would have bought pants that fit

John Wayne.

I bought a coral suede motorcycle jacket today, spring needs to get here now

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
No one ever understands why anyone would have any romantic, sexual, or friendly interest in their siblings.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Crow Jane posted:

John Wayne.

I bought a coral suede motorcycle jacket today, spring needs to get here now

that sounds rad

i never go shopping and i realize i p much have nothing to wear for spring at all. gonna have to cut holes in my shirts and pants to get some ventilation going when the weather warms up

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Crow Jane posted:

Good morning, ladies

:mrgw:

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

No one ever understands why anyone would have any romantic, sexual, or friendly interest in their siblings.

what a disgusting comment. check your incestphobia m8

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Schmetterling posted:

Maybe he's good in bed? Or has other hidden talents.

you rock posted:

maybe good in bed + nice personality which is hard to find or indulges in kinky poo poo which most guys are too pussy for

yeah see idk, when we were teenagers our bedrooms were next to each other's and i had to tell him to take his drunk poo poo elsewhere a couple of times and it didnt sound that impressive before i blew in. he lost his virginity to a prostitute when he was 16 bc my father is a tops guy, so this is the kind of generationally warped scum we're talking about. i can't speak to his personality because he's awful to me most of th time but he can be very charming i guess, especially when he wants something. i think he is quite kind to people who aren't his sister or mother most of the time unless the people aren't poor or easy to beat on, and there is a lot of goodness in him when it can be dragged out, but drat. its a fuckin mystery necause this lady seems properly kind and well-adjusted :iiam:

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
also i know he's not kinky bc once he found my stash of clamps, cats and toys and asked about them and then none of them ever went missing, not even the spare batteries.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

you rock posted:

that sounds rad

i never go shopping and i realize i p much have nothing to wear for spring at all. gonna have to cut holes in my shirts and pants to get some ventilation going when the weather warms up

I'm gonna have to get back in the habit of shaving my legs on a regular basis. I almost never wear pants from May to September

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Fruity Gordo posted:

also i know he's not kinky bc once he found my stash of clamps, cats and toys and asked about them and then none of them ever went missing, not even the spare batteries.

Maybe he's just not kinky enough to steal his sister's sex toys.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

boom boom boom posted:

see if my brother was hot i'd understand but he's just not sexy by any reasonable metric. he's perpetually sunburnt and plays bideogames wtf

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

boom boom boom posted:

Maybe he's just not kinky enough to steal his sister's sex toys.

yeah so hes not kinky :twisted:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I played with candle wax once

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If I ever discovered my brother's sex toys I'd leave the state.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
But I kind of made a mess so i stopped

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I'm having a boob mousepad shipped to my brother for his bday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008