Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Both of these comics are incredibly stupid, but one is stupid in a boring and aggravating way and one is stupid in an awesome way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
God, Greg Evans :barf:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Hahahahhahah they actually did this. This is a thing someone did.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

This is a thing someone did. :allears:

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
I'm inclined to think a lot of Kliban's cat cartoons are actually designs for t-shirts and are only now being presented as panel cartoons.

Lio is off to Cotopaxi.

What, no okra?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Could be a lot worse. He could've become a political cartoonist.

Retail

Hey, as long as they make a good first impression, what could go wrong? After all, you're the one who hired Josh in the first place!

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

The next morning Karl was found decapitated by rabid raccoons.

Dustin

Oh yeah I forgot golf is the one sport approved by the Kudlick family.

On the Fastrack

Dumb but kinda cute.

Safe Havens

You should've seen this possibility coming when you married a supernatural entity.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 15, 2014

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

It seems like we skipped something, but I checked. We didn't.

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

I guess... do we want Johnny Hazard back? It's not my favorite, but it's not a big deal to keep posting it if people like it.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

I had been reading that Rip Kirby character's name as "Chairman" like she is some bizarre composite of Mao and Grace Kelly. Guess Mythania isn't weirdly progressive after all.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

It's almost as though they don't actually care about this book but are just using her for publicity!

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Julet Esqu posted:

I guess... do we want Johnny Hazard back? It's not my favorite, but it's not a big deal to keep posting it if people like it.
It's not my favorite either, but I'd say go for it. We came in during the last act of this story arc...maybe it's more interesting when we can tell what's going on?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to edit out the answers. Now I have to stew and suffer knowing I have no idea what the answer to this children's puzzle is.

Kammat posted:

Modesty Blaise

Ugh, of all the dumb things to make me think a comic is dated. Yes, of course she's around 130, that's about what you'd expect given Modesty's height and build. But in modern terms that practically sounds obese for an action heroine.

I have to admit- I never really got that characters like Tiffany and Dirk were being portrayed that badly, since it's been pretty easy to do positive reads on their last few appearances. But this? I have absolutely nothing for this.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Some Guy TT posted:

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to edit out the answers. Now I have to stew and suffer knowing I have no idea what the answer to this children's puzzle is.

My guess is that the money is counterfeit.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Some Guy TT posted:

Thanks, it's fun. Most of the time someone will get the answer in a couple posts. There's only been a few times where it's really obtuse and no one gets it.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12

Spikey posted:

My guess is that the money is counterfeit.

That's too easy for Slylock.
The real answer is that the thief was a raccoon, and the police arrested him for flashing around more money than they thought any raccoon could obtain through legal means.
He was sentenced to three to four years on charges of resisting arrest, and his theft of the money from the other criminal was never discovered by authorities.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Thief 2 was arrested for Thief 1's theft of the money. Thief 1 changes his drawers and gets religion.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

How to bake: A Door Mat

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Mister Kingdom posted:

Hmmmm....that's the temperature I keep my thermostat set on in the summer, but I'm not quite 78.

78 is good for a sauna maybe. Barely.

:itisacelsiusjoke:

Fingerpori

- My great-uncle was a horse whisperer during the war

A theater prompter is called a whisperer in Finnish. Ihahaa is the sound that horses make.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

There is something seriously wrong with that one lady's leg/knee/rear end situation.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Funnoes (Mad #312, July 1992)

Don Martin Dept.

(Mad #46, April 1959)

Thorn (March 9, 1984)

"See you in the funny papers" is a pretty common phrase among cartoonists

Lucky Cow (May 16-19, 2004)

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

My big question is, why is he wearing a tie? I mean, in High School, how many tough guys/bullies did you know that came to school wearing a tie?

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

It's almost as though they don't actually care about this book but are just using her for publicity!

Christ, just look at the contract you just signed. Does it specify that weekend work is mandatory? No? Then tell her to gently caress off, June. Yes? You're screwed.

Non Sequitur

:ughh: Dumb. Wiley rounds off the week 0 and 6.

Heavenly Nostrils is new, but it's yesterday's.

9 Chickweed Lane 2/15/2003

Why no Brooke, I don't find you the least bit pretentious. :smithicide:

Zits

teens_and_their_phones.png

Kevin & Kell

That flying thing they do, man, just bothers the hell out of me. In addition to it not being possible, it just looks so dumb.

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Feb 15, 2014

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Zits

teens_and_their_phones.png

And for dinner we'll be eating an entire turkey.

Tomorrow's strip: teens_and_food.png

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Poor Peter is going to miss the best thing ever because he's too busy with the V-Day sex. :(

The only thing Peter is getting V-Day sex from is Iron Jonah. :pervert:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Why no Brooke, I don't find you the least bit pretentious. :smithcide:

Kevin & Kell

That flying thing they do, man, just bothers the hell out of me. In addition to it not being possible, it just looks so dumb.

Two comments: First, it looks like all the old ladies hung themselves. Secondly, it makes me feel better to imagine him whipping her around and smacking her against the walls in order to fly properly. First time Holbrook's made me laugh.

And some comics, why not?

Cul-de-sac experiences utter tragedy.

The Creeps catches us up from Friday, and shares with us rage and the tragedy of early onset Alzheimer's.

Cricken_Nigfops fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 15, 2014

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

My guess is it's because the stolen bills were marked, but that wouldn't be something kids would be expected to know so I've got to be wrong.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
The first criminal was a cop!

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Why no Brooke, I don't find you the least bit pretentious. :smithcide:

Is the joke that her story was so bad they all hung themselves?

:confused:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

My big question is, why is he wearing a tie? I mean, in High School, how many tough guys/bullies did you know that came to school wearing a tie?
I think it just a shirt collar over a black sweater.

And I need an Iron Jonahtar more than anything right now.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Hey, a story about me!

People still tend to see me though. Maybe I should put Steam on offline mode.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
And now, a public service announcement from Skippy... (November 27, 1926)

Peanuts (February 18, 1967)

"Come on, I enable your delusions! Well, when it's conveninent! Throw me a bone!"

Funky Winkerbean

Yes. Of course.

Maybe Comic Book John is terrified of this guy because he's a reminder that he stole a soldier's wife?

Popeye gives us the plight of the public defender.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 18, 1956)

Out Our Way (June 13-14, 1924)

Whatever falls on the floor, the dorg eats. Even if it's not bread. Especially if it's not bread. :stare:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

VIET
NAM
VET

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

You should've seen this possibility coming when you married a supernatural entity.

Remind me again why these characters are always hanging upside-down from mobile trapeze?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Romantic Mark Trail

All Eyes And Chins Quincy

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

BlueDestiny posted:

Is the joke that her story was so bad they all hung themselves?

:confused:

The joke, insofar as you can call it that, is that a piece of music, most likely this one, is so uplifting that it literally, physically lifts you off the ground. So much so that a description of it after the fact still has the power to do that. I like a good piano tune as much as the next guy, but this is a joke that is only going to work once even on the limited audience who will know what it's about, and Brooke has used it three times in a row because he wants to REALLY EMPHASIZE that he knows what a Debussy Arabesque is and that if you don't you just aren't classy enough to be reading his comic.

I've changed my mind. The joke is that he gets paid to do this. The joke is on all of us.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I just spluttered my latte all over my t-shirt, thanks R Ubbish! :argh:

Or more to the point, well done!

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

My mind went to the Ralph Ellison novel so I was pretty confused at first.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

don Jaime posted:

Thief 2 was arrested for Thief 1's theft of the money. Thief 1 changes his drawers and gets religion.

And then Thief 3 came along and shoehorned in a bunch of gameplay mechanics that nobody really liked, and it'll soon be followed by Thief 4 which actually looks pretty promising.

Six Chix

Nasty. What's even the point of coffee if you use cream and sugar.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Serious case of the anime eyes in that last panel there.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

e: ^^^ So he's Resurrection Man? :flashfact:

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Yes. Of course.

Maybe Comic Book John is terrified of this guy because he's a reminder that he stole a soldier's wife?

This is hilarious to me because it reinforces that the guys at Komix Korner were the evil assholes she should have avoided and they were trying to keep her away from Black Hole Comics because they knew if she met the nice, but gruff, guy that runs it she would never come back and put up with their bullshit again.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 15, 2014

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fok_It and the conclusion of the Pate saga

"The night of the lizards" is what we call the terrible hangover night when you see nightmares and sweat profusely and all that jazz.

• Locked thread