Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

means frog golf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
toriori has the 4chan girl as an av dont believe their lies

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Nessa posted:

It's possible they want grandbabbies.

They have 2, neither from me.

I don't want to get married and I don't want kids I'm basically here taking up space and wasting the planet's precious limited resources by not propagating the species so I should just go kill myself.

Nah, I can keep contributing to society through work and having noncomittal safe sex :q:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

vaguely posted:

means frog golf

woaaaaaaaaaa

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Putty posted:

woaaaaaaaaaa
:psyduck:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
It's a standing rule in my house that we have cinnamon rolls every Sunday. That has been expanded to anything dessert-y, like pie or muffins. Strawberries were buy one get one, so tomorrow morning is strawberries and this amazing thing.

Next time I see you, I will be 300 pounds heavier. Goodbye, feet!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Please use as much Nutella as humanly possible and post a trip report.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Livingtrope posted:

uhm excuse me her name is Yotsuba.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Thora posted:

Please use as much Nutella as humanly possible and post a trip report.
a grocers near my house has those nutella magnums that are the size of a grown man's head and it's a constant temptation

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I had a multi-nut allergy pop up out of the blue last spring and I'm worried delicious nutella (hazelnuts, right?) will turn me into a wheezing mess. I don't know the extent of the allergy yet; I should take a bag of mixed nuts to the ER and be like "Ok guys trying the cashews now. Almonds in 5 if all is well."

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Thora posted:

They have 2, neither from me.

I don't want to get married and I don't want kids I'm basically here taking up space and wasting the planet's precious limited resources by not propagating the species so I should just go kill myself.

Nah, I can keep contributing to society through work and having noncomittal safe sex :q:

:respek:

Also, I feel like I'm the only person on earth who doesn't like Nutella.

I'm trying to decide if I've got the energy to get real food (i.e. guacamole and queso) for dinner or if I should just walk to the corner store for cheddar cheese popcorn and cider.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Well made guacamole is worth the walk imo. Oops I mean the drive.

Guacamole, si, is what I'm trying to say. Get some nice hot sauce to go with it if so inclined, also.

I'm thinking salad for dinner as I am boring and uninspired.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

t_violet posted:

cheddar cheese popcorn and cider.

found what i'm having for dinner

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Does anyone know of a good cell bio website

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

t_violet posted:

:respek:

I'm trying to decide if I've got the energy to get real food (i.e. guacamole and queso) for dinner or if I should just walk to the corner store for cheddar cheese popcorn and cider.

I don't want it on everything always, but with something bready (like crepes) it's amazing.

Cheddar cheese popcorn does sound like a pretty amazing dinner. I'm making this stew-y thing that's a chickpeas simmered in tomato sauce spiced with allspice, cumin, and chili powder, then you put sweet potatoes and peas and green beans and stuff in and cook them and then eat it with naan. It's a pretty awesome naan delivery system. I got it from this weird vegetarian cookbook that's apparently British because it says to put pumpkin in everything. I should probably use squash, but I like sweet potato better/don't almost slice off my hand when I cut it up.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

I was snowed in for a few days and too lazy/it was too dangerous out to venture to the store and I had a kitchen non-disaster with some falafel mix used as flavoring because some jerk (me) left like an eighth of a cup in the bag (seriously what was I supposed to do with that, make one falafel?), a can of chickpeas, and some olive oil. It was amaaaaazing.

Thora fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Feb 16, 2014

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
I started couch to 5k today. I'm pretty much ready for the Olympics, better get my ticket to Rio

Also, thank you modern family for keeping me on the treadmill!

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

toe knee hand posted:

found what i'm having for dinner

actually as much as i want junk food i don't want to go out in the rain to get it so i may have to make myself real food instead :/

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

toe knee hand posted:

actually as much as i want junk food i don't want to go out in the rain to get it so i may have to make myself real food instead :/

Laziness won out but they were out of cheesy popcorn. :( So I got jalapeno jack potato chips instead. I probably should've been a grown-up and gotten some real food too.

Thora posted:

Well made guacamole is worth the walk imo. Oops I mean the drive.

Guacamole, si, is what I'm trying to say. Get some nice hot sauce to go with it if so inclined, also.

I'm thinking salad for dinner as I am boring and uninspired.

I'll have to get guacamole tomorrow when I go for migas. A salad sounds like a much healthier choice tho'.

Tora! Tora! Tora! fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 16, 2014

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

nutella magnums

I know what you're meaning to say here but

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

t_violet posted:

Laziness won out but they were out of cheesy popcorn. :( So I got jalapeno jack potato chips instead. I probably should've been a grown-up and gotten some real food too.

i'm restrained while shopping so i just never buy junk food unless i'm going to eat it right then, but i make sure i always have staples. so if i can't be bothered to go out and buy something, i have to make and eat real food.

so i'm currently trying to think of how i can make quinoa as tasty and unhealthy as possible...

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 16, 2014

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

toe knee hand posted:

i'm restrained while shopping so i just never buy junk food unless i'm going to eat it right then, but i make sure i always have staples. so if i can't be bothered to go out and buy something, i have to make and eat real food.

so i'm currently trying to think of how i can make quinoa as tasty and unhealthy as possible...

I mix it with broccoli and a TON of cheddar cheese. It's like macaroni and cheese but with quinoa.

amarantinesky posted:

detectivemonkey, I'm disappointed that the bread doesn't contain strawberries! I also got buy one get one free strawberries. Half went into that oatmeal thing but I need another delicious recipe. :(

Don't worry, there will be a bunch on the side!!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Livingtrope posted:

Do you not know the absolute happiness contained within Yotsubato&!? My pity.
FTR I was once looking for the theme song to Lain on YouTube (called Duvet) and the first hit was a guy whose YouTube channel consisted of him loving his blankets sooooooooo...

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Apr 4, 2014

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Toriori posted:

Do you not know the absolute happiness contained within Yotsubato&!? My pity.
FTR I was once looking for the theme song to Lain on YouTube (called Duvet) and the first hit was a guy whose YouTube channel consisted of him loving his blankets sooooooooo...

look for serial experiments lain op and not the word duvet next time

boa did a p cool youtube troll calling the song that and it hadnt even been invented yeyt

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Livingtrope posted:

look for serial experiments lain op and not the word duvet next time

boa did a p cool youtube troll calling the song that and it hadnt even been invented yeyt

Thanks bud. Love reading different lifehacks on the Internet.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
GIVE ME BREADS AND CAKES

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The new Robocop is not a good movie. It's fun to watch cause most of the actors are good and it's not offensively bad at any point, but it just sort of never does anything interesting

It did steal a bunch of stuff for the final fight from MGS4 tho, so that part's p. enjoyable.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

The new Robocop is not a good movie. It's fun to watch cause most of the actors are good and it's not offensively bad at any point, but it just sort of never does anything interesting

It did steal a bunch of stuff for the final fight from MGS4 tho, so that part's p. enjoyable.

big bosses cqc hug?

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
what are ur galz experience with online dating (worth it or not)?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

you rock posted:

i had a 70-year-old woman try to cyber with me on ultima online

that's my only online dating experience

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Dongicus posted:

big bosses cqc hug?

Cyborg guy fights a bunch of weirdly jointed bipedal robots and avoids getting shot by getting under one and dancing between it's legs. then he jumps on top of one and bashes open it's robot brain to kill it.

Later he gets his left arm trapped under some rubble and has to cut it off.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

you rock posted:

I met my husband online, so I always recommend it. That said, based on my friends' more recent experiences, it's gotten even more sleazy and awful to be a woman on an online dating site.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

boom boom boom posted:

Cyborg guy fights a bunch of weirdly jointed bipedal robots and avoids getting shot by getting under one and dancing between it's legs. then he jumps on top of one and bashes open it's robot brain to kill it.

Later he gets his left arm trapped under some rubble and has to cut it off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBp28q9rdQU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Avshalom posted:

it :( unfortunately single women pretty much can't adopt in australia so idk where i'm going to get a child from, hopefully someone will leave one on my doorstep

It couldn't be that hard to find a volunteer sperm donor.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

LingcodKilla posted:

That is the worst come-on I've ever heard.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Fruity Gordo posted:

actually yeah, if i could get a bespoke pair of shoes made by a legit cobbler i would drop a grand or so, or whatever the labour and materials cost is with a heft tip for quality. if i knew the thing would last me ten years at least and the maker made a living wage i would save up and/or barter the grand for something of quality

but a marked-up piece of designer slave labour stuff? nope and nope

This is my answer, but said in a better way

t_violet posted:

Nope, I don't like it either. We can be outcasts together

you rock posted:

You're more likely to find someone dateable just by interacting with people on the internet than you are on OKCupid. Dunno about the other sites. OKCupid is pretty terrible, is my point here.

I think I have a hangover from ibuprofen. Is that even possible?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

LingcodKilla posted:

i'm against naturally reproducing on principle (just for myself, anyone else can do what they want) because of overpopulation issues, the fact i think civilisation is pretty close to being hosed, and my own myriad genetic problems. but i still want to give a kid a good life and bring up a cool adult who contributes to society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
this video applies to lady crew well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlkCElVcZGw

• Locked thread