Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Corn Thongs posted:

I had to take a break on depressing stuff after Handmaid's Tale :smith:

Every page was another little stab into everything happy I have ever felt.

Then I tried to hug the cat for comfort and she bit me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
like for real, low-carb diets are for people that don't exercise enough and want to lose weight the wrong way.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
that was a bad joke sorry for drunk posting everyone

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Corn Thongs posted:

I had to take a break on depressing stuff after Handmaid's Tale :smith:

May I suggest the Space Marine Battles line of novels?

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Livingtrope posted:

the mod is wrong :twisted:

eat the watermelon

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

Livingtrope posted:

the mod is wrong :twisted:

whoa

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Corn Thongs posted:

eat the watermelon

Ashmvalo eat the melons.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
but i exercise plenty

ARGH why is it so COMPLICATED why can't i just shave my excess fat off with a straight razor and donate it to some depraved german

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Why is Ellen Page being les news in 2014

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Sabel posted:

because she's gay

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
why is coming out big news at all hm

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

bonewitch posted:

:smith:

please analyse how a wild life can improve my personal brand

well as your personal brand manager I can say that investing heavily in the emerging market for warblers is the way to go.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Shannonmcn posted:

Every page was another little stab into everything happy I have ever felt.

Then I tried to hug the cat for comfort and she bit me.

cats are the best

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sabel posted:

Is she still mad that she picked the bad Ellen Page game to be in?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i love ellen page to bits and honestly wouldn't mind if the media was just a 24/7 stream of constant updates on her life a la the kardashians

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Avshalom posted:

but i exercise plenty

ARGH why is it so COMPLICATED why can't i just shave my excess fat off with a straight razor and donate it to some depraved german

do you know how many calories you eat a day, also you can try raising the intensity of whatever exercise you do for ex I am not a fan of jogging but I enjoyed the track style intense workout

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

bonewitch posted:

that was a bad joke sorry for drunk posting everyone

Never be sorry for drunk posting

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
ellen paige pissing simulator

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Sabel posted:

because if you're not a complete butch, no one can tell if you are one apparently.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Sabel posted:

because the world is still rife with homophobes and it's good to have people in the public eye coming out because it may change some minds

avshalom you should eat whatever, carbs are tasty

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Not only was it obvious but I thought we generally stopped giving a gently caress either way, am I just out of touch or what

Who are the kind of people that have any sort of reaction to this "news" other than :geno:

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Wildlife Analysis posted:

well as your personal brand manager I can say that investing heavily in the emerging market for warblers is the way to go.

these burds are pretty

GNU Order posted:

Never be sorry for drunk posting

i am insufferable drunk irl i can only assume it carries over into the ~interwebs~

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Sabel posted:

Not only was it obvious but I thought we generally stopped giving a gently caress either way, am I just out of touch or what

Who are the kind of people that have any sort of reaction to this "news" other than :geno:

the kind that never saw Whip It.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Lesbians I know cared. If she raises acceptance for young girls trying to come out then I'm happy to read 3 articles on her a day. She's awesome anyway so it wouldn't even be a chore.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

bonewitch posted:

these burds are pretty

i am insufferable drunk irl i can only assume it carries over into the ~interwebs~

Yeah but everybody on the internet is insufferable so you fit in that way

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Corn Thongs posted:

do you know how many calories you eat a day, also you can try raising the intensity of whatever exercise you do for ex I am not a fan of jogging but I enjoyed the track style intense workout
i try to raise my exercise level constantly so i'm a perpetually evolving paragon of physicality, i also track calories, it's just i have 3kg left before i reach my goal weight and i want them gone RIGHT NOW

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Sabel posted:

Like who didn't know this already? The ladies that still have shrines up to that handsome LIberace?

Avshalom posted:

but i exercise plenty

The leanest I ever was I was eating quasi low carb. I didn't give a poo poo about fruit or veggies (I ate as much as I wanted) but I cut out crap carbs like sugar, white potatoes, bread, and rice. I ate mostly fat (60%) and protein but I would have one serving of full fat ice cream every night to keep myself from craving sweets. It was actually pretty easy.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Avshalom posted:

but i exercise plenty

Listen bud, I've been there. I am there. When I couldn't fit into an old dress I pretty much had a total breakdown. It all comes down to eat less and move more. I cut out chips, I cut out fried foods and I drink diet pop made with stevia once a week rather than diet coke every day. Lemon water is your new pop, and baked kale with olive oil an salt are you're new best crunch-craving busters. I'm lucky because I was able to snag a treadmill on sale and fit it into my matchbox house so I can continue my running, but you can find ways. There's always ways :)

E: sounds like you're at a plateau, time to kick your workouts up a notch or two.

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 16, 2014

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Sabel posted:

It's news because every time it happens, some folks still complain about it. I saw some comments on Facebook about how it shouldn't be news and "Are we gonna have to have people coming out as straight now? No! This isn't news!"

Some people just don't understand that straight is considered the default, so if you want to be known as what you actually are, then you're going to have to tell people.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
ok i'll eat the watermelon and lift more

sorry to whine everybody, it's just so frustrating :( i'm SO CLOSE

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Nessa posted:

It's news because every time it happens, some folks still complain about it. I saw some comments on Facebook about how it shouldn't be news and "Are we gonna have to have people coming out as straight now? No! This isn't news!"

Some people just don't understand that straight is considered the default, so if you want to be known as what you actually are, then you're going to have to tell people.
Makes sense.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

the ghost of ariel sharon will only leave you alone once you reach your goal

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

my method is to not eat unless my stomach starts complaining

Nessa posted:

if people are still complaining about having queerness shoved in their faces, then it still warrants a news article

on a similar note I just played Gone Home and wow that's a good game that I wish had been around when I was a teen

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Corn Thongs posted:

the ghost of ariel sharon will only leave you alone once you reach your goal
i think if ariel sharon is your weight loss inspiration then you're doing something wrong

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm so angry at myself for getting so fat in the first place, i want to slap 16-year-old avshalom silly

PUT DOWN THOSE TIMTAMS

YOU'LL REGRET THIS

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Avshalom posted:

i think if ariel sharon is your weight loss inspiration then you're doing something wrong

Self-loathing motivates my every action

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby
I don't think yo can help it when you're sixteen, I think it's a hormonal thing. I used to buy pound bags of candy corn and just go through them, I just craved pure sugar.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Avshalom posted:

i'm so angry at myself for getting so fat in the first place, i want to slap 16-year-old avshalom silly

PUT DOWN THOSE TIMTAMS

YOU'LL REGRET THIS

food is comforting

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you counter food by lifting weights

contrary to public belief, using a treadmill is not exercise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

t_violet posted:

I don't think yo can help it when you're sixteen, I think it's a hormonal thing. I used to buy pound bags of candy corn and just go through them, I just craved pure sugar.
my real wild years actually came about when i was 17-20 because i graduated from a miserable boarding school into a big wide world of glorious food and i spent years just blundering around inhaling everything i saw like a whale shark

• Locked thread