Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

I love that they say "Magic" each time.

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Genuine :lol:.

Bloom County catch-up! Just assume a :smith: for each of these.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Emmy Lou is a vintage strip, done by Marty Links, that makes me think of Juliet Jones infused with the youthful energy of Quincy.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Darthemed posted:

Emmy Lou is a vintage strip, done by Marty Links, that makes me think of Juliet Jones infused with the youthful energy of Quincy.

Although the art is simple, I really like it. Thanks for posting it!

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Poor, Poor Mymble

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

My big question is, why is he wearing a tie? I mean, in High School, how many tough guys/bullies did you know that came to school wearing a tie?

He doesn't normally wear a tie, but he dressed up especially nice today because he was planning to ask a pretty girl to go to the prom with him...that dick.

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

So it's confirmed. That isn't for effect, but it doesn't appear to be sharpie'd on, either. You really can see JJJ's stache right through the helmet. :allears:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

idonotlikepeas posted:

The joke, insofar as you can call it that, is that a piece of music, most likely this one, is so uplifting that it literally, physically lifts you off the ground. So much so that a description of it after the fact still has the power to do that. I like a good piano tune as much as the next guy, but this is a joke that is only going to work once even on the limited audience who will know what it's about, and Brooke has used it three times in a row because he wants to REALLY EMPHASIZE that he knows what a Debussy Arabesque is and that if you don't you just aren't classy enough to be reading his comic.

I've changed my mind. The joke is that he gets paid to do this. The joke is on all of us.

Meh, Debussy. Dude was alright. Get some Mussorgsky going and crank the PA for more power.

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

I guess I picked a bad time to start posting this, since it's apparently on hiatus now. Figure I'll start it from the beginning.

No wonder I didn't understand it, I thought you WERE posting it from the beginning.

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

So it's confirmed. That isn't for effect, but it doesn't appear to be sharpie'd on, either. You really can see JJJ's stache right through the helmet. :allears:

I get the feeling the reason JJJ's face is projected on the Iron Man outfit is because Stan Lee assumes people will think it's actually Iron Man going after Spiderman if the face isn't always visible. We'd probably forget Peter Parker was Spiderman if he didn't do the half Spiderman face every time his spider sense went off.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Julet Esqu posted:

I guess... do we want Johnny Hazard back? It's not my favorite, but it's not a big deal to keep posting it if people like it.

I could take it over, if you'd rather that. Been rather enjoying it myself.

Jim's Journal has not only skipped another Saturday, but I just noticed they skipped this past Wednesday, too. :psyduck: Maybe that had something to do with why I got confused and thought Friday was Thursday...

This Comic Made From 100% Certified Gahan Wilson Parts

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

Dan casts "Summon Bigger Fish"!

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

It also helps the colourist decide where to put the gold on that mis-coloured suit.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Nice skirt, JJJ.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Veotax posted:

It also helps the colourist decide where to put the gold on that mis-coloured suit.

Looking forward to seeing what the Sunday colourist makes of it, because that guy actually has a head on his shoulders.

Darthemed posted:

This is really good and I'm looking forward to more of it.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Bitchtits McGee posted:

This Comic Made From 100% Certified Gahan Wilson Parts

Hey, it's the statue from the cover of the old players handbook!

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Wasn't she just pissed at him for acting like a child? Whatever, please take Gunther away from this strip, Rosa.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Tobaccrow posted:

Wasn't she just pissed at him for acting like a child? Whatever, please take Gunther away from this strip, Rosa.

Yeah, it's time for Gunther and Rosa to move in with Aaron Hill. Rosa's cool, but hers will be the noblest sacrifice.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Bitchtits McGee posted:

I could take it over, if you'd rather that. Been rather enjoying it myself.

Sure, if you're up for it. It would probably fit in well with Dan Dare. I'll go ahead and post today's, though, since I already have it.

Tobaccrow posted:

Gunther is the author's self-insert. He will never leave.

Juliet Jones

:smithicide:

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

I guess it's friendlier than "son of a bitch."

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Achernar posted:

Hey, it's the statue from the cover of the old players handbook!

Possibly...

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
I still think it's pretty funny that Greg Evans shipped Aaron Hill off to Hawaii because the fans voted for Luann to hook up with him and not Gunther.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Romantic Mark Trail

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

idonotlikepeas posted:

The joke, insofar as you can call it that, is that a piece of music, most likely this one, is so uplifting that it literally, physically lifts you off the ground. So much so that a description of it after the fact still has the power to do that. I like a good piano tune as much as the next guy, but this is a joke that is only going to work once even on the limited audience who will know what it's about, and Brooke has used it three times in a row because he wants to REALLY EMPHASIZE that he knows what a Debussy Arabesque is and that if you don't you just aren't classy enough to be reading his comic.

I've changed my mind. The joke is that he gets paid to do this. The joke is on all of us.

I like this music, but it doesn't make me feel like I'm physically rising. It makes me feel like Jack Horkheimer, Star Hustler is coming on. Keep looking up!

Oh, and Lio's cat drinks gin. Ho hum.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

ThatPazuzu posted:

My mind went to the Ralph Ellison novel so I was pretty confused at first.

That's what I thought, too. Pretty ballsy move for a white guy.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

The Judge is going to be embarrassed when he discovers his suppository hiding place has been found.

9 Chickweed Lane

What a coincidence! Brooke's editors spit on his work too.

Pibgorn

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Yard sales aren't boring. Going shopping with your mom is boring. But since she has the car and all the money unfortunately you get no choice.

Retail

Wait, Sears exists in this world? Why aren't the customers shopping there instead? The employees there are a lot nicer and at least they decorate the store during Christmas.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Dustin

Don't be a dick Dustin unless you want to cook tomorrow's dinner.

On the Fastrack

Just download Urban Dictionary's text files and schedule to update every week or so.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

I don't really get it but okay.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Aardmania posted:

Piranha Club

Yeah, Piranha Club did the same set-up before 20 years ago, back when it was titled "Ernie". It had a different ending; a pair of idiot criminal brothers steal the car full of horse poop, thinking it's marijuana. After they were informed of what they really are by their boss, they decide to sell them anyway because "drug users are idiots".

I have the book with that storyline. I'll scan them later.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Midnight Moth posted:

He's taking the bad with the good.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Yard sales aren't boring. Going shopping with your mom is boring. But since she has the car and all the money unfortunately you get no choice.

Holy poo poo, it's a Gil where he's not completely making GBS threads on his mom and treating her like absolute garbage.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
^ I'll direct you to today's Dustin for that.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Midnight Moth posted:

^ I'll direct you to today's Dustin for that.
Eh, given that she's serving a ludicrously awful meal that not even the most health-obsessed nutjob on the planet would ever cook, you might as well give Dustin a pass on this one.

Even if it's only because the alternative was a week of Ed ranting at a checkout clerk in Whole Foods. Which, honestly, we might still get at some point. :(

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Midnight Moth posted:

Today's is a sermon rather than a punchline, so there's not much to get. Dag made some big mistakes and screwed up his life, but God still loves him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trilobite posted:

Eh, given that she's serving a ludicrously awful meal that not even the most health-obsessed nutjob on the planet would ever cook, you might as well give Dustin a pass on this one.

Even if it's only because the alternative was a week of Ed ranting at a checkout clerk in Whole Foods. Which, honestly, we might still get at some point. :(
At least no one is trying to make Dustin commit suicide this week.
And if his wife is so into healthy cooking, why is Ed such a fatass?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Welp, looks like I accidentally skipped the second part. Have a surprise Fok_It, then.

By the way if you were wondering Pate is pronounced more like pâté but with a short -eh and emphasis on the first syllable rather than rhyming with mate or something silly like that.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, Piranha Club did the same set-up before 20 years ago, back when it was titled "Ernie". It had a different ending; a pair of idiot criminal brothers steal the car full of horse poop, thinking it's marijuana. After they were informed of what they really are by their boss, they decide to sell them anyway because "drug users are idiots".

I just don't understand Bud Grace's motivation. If he's so lazy that he's recycling plots from his comic's glory days, why does he go through the effort of picking out and destroying anything that resembles humor from them beforehand?

:psyduck:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Normally, I can at least see the vague shape of whatever joke Compu-toon is going for, but uh. what

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Trilobite posted:

In and of itself, none of that food really sounds at all bad. I think the biggest problem is that she's serving them three side dishes as a full meal.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

I'd really like to know where he's going with this. Although, at this rate, it may be August before we find out.

Heavenly Nostrils caught up, so here are Saturday's and today's.

9 Chickweed Lane 2/16/2003

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Zits

I was snowblowing a path from my woodpile to my side door the other day when three things exited the chute and hit the side of the house. The sound was like WHAP! WHAP! CLANG!... I put the 'blower in neutral and went to inspect. Hmm... two gloves, and a beer can. They'd apparently been sitting next to the woodpile since last Fall when I was running the log splitter. I've been wondering where those gloves went... :v:

:ughh: Nope.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts, in which Charlie Brown stands defiant against the fates...for about a half a minute. (February 19, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Apparently that note means that ex-Batman artist Norm Breyfogle is either the guest artist or "inspiration".

Classic Popeye Sunday (c. 1941)

Pogo (February 22, 1970; click for the big one)

First-Gen Blondie: This is one of those things where it feels like we skipped over something signifcant, because this week Blondie has just given birth to a baby girl. And of course, she'll come out with that same napkin ring waist. Maybe she got a C-section or had her hips reset. (c. 1941)

Out Our Way (June 16-17, 1924)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

I'm sick of this comic, so from now I'm dropping it in favor of keeping the boring but at least not offensively terrible Arlo and Janis.

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

That's a drat fine dogie.