Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

Realistically, the interview process for new writers should be going for is to find those with an interest and appreciation in the business and weed out the biggest marks whose job performance would be affected by them trying to put themselves and their ideas above the product's well being.

Then again, Triple H and Stephanie have have to remove themselves from that position given their power trips.

One of my defining memories of Stephanie's tunnel vision was a news item that said she was trying like hell to bring Daniel Rodimer to the main show from developmental. The dude was the drizzling shits. We're talking literally worse than Chris Masters when Masters first started with the company (if you remember, Masters managed to break Stevie Richards nose with a polish hammer, a move that's supposed to hit you in the chest), and supposedly her main reasoning was that he was incredibly jacked and good looking and she thought he'd get over big as a Rick Rude type. Even Vince overruled her supposedly, which, given Vince's love of jacked guys, should really tell you all you need to know about useless he really was.

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The new OSWReview episode will be up tomorrow evening.

ECW Barely Legal. OOC is gonna hate it and it's gonna be amazing.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT - Where's the book review? / BIG DADDY YUM YUM IMPROVED AFTER JUST ONE MATCH

Hosts: MassRafTer, KungFu Grip, HulkaMatt

The Topics

01.) New Japan Pro Wrestling - The New Beginning

02.) From Wario Kart 64: Who should be the guy to end Okada's reign as IWGP Champ?

03.) CESARO and BIG E.

04.) From Junpei Hyde: 1. Do you think Daniel Bryan will ever have a meaningful run with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship? 2. Do you think WWE can maintain the aspects of the Divas division that they totally push (Total Divas) while also featuring consistently good wrestling and storylines? 3. Which is bigger: Batista's dick, or Triple H's opinion of himself?

05.) JUBS. Also From Jubs: Why is that shot of Vince coming up with the bloody face not the most iconic shot in WWE history? What is?

06.) Wrestler of the Week: Lita

07.) From Wario Kart 64: What's the closest thing wrestling has today to Steamboat/Flair?

08.) From Rarity: You're WWE Creative. Sting has been signed to an active wrestler contract for WrestleMania. What do you do with him?

09.) From Blasmeister: Which current Diva do you think would be the best at shoot fights?

10.) From MassRafTer: Why do your Punchsport Podcast co-hosts not support the great work you do in bringing the magic of WCW to the forum???

Just queued it up to put it on iTunes if that's easier for any of you.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 14, 2014

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It's amazing that Dave is willing to talk at length about every aspect of wrestling business, but somehow Bryan asking about why they dropped Cesaro's first name caused Dave to completely clam up.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

holy poo poo subscribers can now view news updates without having to scroll through all the SUBSCRIBE TODAY garbage! it really is the future

ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Wow, my question sounded a lot better in my head than it came across on the Pisscast. Bikertaker came up in conversation recently, so I've been pondering that gimmick a lot lately. Thanks for taking the question though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

HulkaMatt posted:

THE 10 COUNT - Where's the book review? / BIG DADDY YUM YUM IMPROVED AFTER JUST ONE MATCH

Occasional listener who'll always give you guys a download when NJPW is discussed. Most entertaining podcast you guys have done thanks to BIG DADDY YUMYUM and his "improvement". Do want to add that I think Nakamura would be a logical next champ if they want to break the Okada/Tana cycle while still keeping it on a big established star.

Cardboard Box posted:

holy poo poo subscribers can now view news updates without having to scroll through all the SUBSCRIBE TODAY garbage! it really is the future

Yeah, that's a huge improvement and I hope they keep them going.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ExplodeYourself posted:

Wow, my question sounded a lot better in my head than it came across on the Pisscast. Bikertaker came up in conversation recently, so I've been pondering that gimmick a lot lately. Thanks for taking the question though.

We were just being difficult, probably.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I agree with the premise that all the matches would be less good because biker taker sucked and the rebirth of the dead man made it easier to forget how much I hated him in the early 2000's

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

I suggested exactly this on the reader survey. I guess they listened.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LividLiquid posted:

I suggested exactly this on the reader survey. I guess they listened.

I'm still seeing the annoying ads in the middle of daily updates.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HulkaMatt posted:

I haven't listened to one of these for a long time but wanted to hear the NJPW discussion. I don't know if you guys realize this, but it kinda comes across subtly that maybe you're not entirely taking the questions you are asked seriously!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I blame #BadMoodGoog

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I haven't listened to one of these for a long time but wanted to hear the NJPW discussion. I don't know if you guys realize this, but it kinda comes across subtly that maybe you're not entirely taking the questions you are asked seriously!

I spent how long dissecting the shoot fighting ability of the Divas division only to be accused of not taking questions seriously?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

If you don't feel a little superior to your listeners you are podcasting wrong. I mean they went and asked for your input to begin with, clearly they defer to you.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
"Mattel and WWE announced today the signing of a new toy distribution agreement that would extend their current partnership through 2919."

Punchsport and Pisscast question: What's your favorite Meltzer mistake?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
Punch/Pisscast: Who'd you rather kiss Mike Tenay or Don West?

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Who's the Butterbean of the Divas Brawl For All?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jerusalem posted:

I'm 99% sure every question of mine they've taken has instantly gotten a one word answer from MRT. But its always funny so I don't mind lol

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Mickie James

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

HulkaMatt posted:

Thank you for answering my question with the seriousness and respect it deserved :v:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Tonfa posted:

Cyborg Santos.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'm still seeing the annoying ads in the middle of daily updates.
Me too. Not sure what he was talking about.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Blasmeister posted:

Thank you for answering my question with the seriousness and respect it deserved :v:

Wikipedia might be loving with me on Rosa having that background but my analysis is legit as it can be based on the research!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

Me too. Not sure what he was talking about.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...ns-vampiro-more

they did it for one day to try it out

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Huh. I wonder how many people besides me asked for it.

harley
Sep 2, 2004
They should focus work on the terrible search function.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pushing for subscribers in the daily update doesn't bother me. It's that loving list of back issues that's a pain in the rear end.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

harley posted:

I said that too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New SNCJ

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

harley posted:

My favorite thing was Bryan years ago talking about how easy things are with a search button on the radio show. Then when he goes to look for something he can't find it.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Big Dave hinted at C.M. Punk showing up in R.O.H.Con or whatever on today's show, think he was joking?!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!

oatgan posted:

__

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 24: Girlbye on Go

Raw, New Japan's strong contender for MOTY, games, poo poo they gave away on tv for free, Percy Pringle's album, YOUR questions, and technical difficulties!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y5l9ic8dgscgauz/024+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

As much as we love answering our three friends questions every week we want to hear from more of you! Send us whatever on twitter @oatgan, @manflurry, and @karminesa

Check us out on iTunes or your RSS reader of choice!

Almost five days later and I'm still uncontrollably chuckling at the name Max Mullet.

EDIT: Also Joel Hardon

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Big Dave hinted at C.M. Punk showing up in R.O.H.Con or whatever on today's show, think he was joking?!

I didn't get that impression, might've missed something though...

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

"Is it [inaudible]? We'll see what it is I guess."

Sounded kind of like Punk, but if it was Bryan wouldn't have quickly moved on without reacting.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Bryan learning what the Tardis is :allears:.

Also, bonus Impact review because Del is a loving rear end in a top hat.

http://shootcast.org/impact-wrestling-for-02-13-14/

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know about you but after two straight decision heavy shows I for one believe that MMA has changed for good and it'll be nothing but boring decisions till the end of time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Bryan learning what the Tardis is :allears:.

Also, bonus Impact review because Del is a loving rear end in a top hat.

http://shootcast.org/impact-wrestling-for-02-13-14/

I was worried I was going to hear a bunch of Doctor Who discussion on Bryan and Vinny but I guess that was on another show, so I was saved. Minor miracles.

On the other hand it is somehow already July 4th Convention season so I got to hear about how I would have the TIME OF MY LIFE in Vegas. I really doubt that would happen.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Could Punk even appear at Honorcon if he's still under contract? I know it won't be on air but still, it's an event promoted by another company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hypothetically, if he's unpromoted and it's not on TV... maybe?

• Locked thread