Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

pixelbaron posted:

peter gabriel :swoon:

gently caress what anyone says, I liked Genesis/Phil Collins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Avshalom posted:

i'm hearing back from them on thursday but i think i may have an internship with a local illustration studio

e: ^^^^ ahaha dogbutt

Good luck!

Also, quit being better than me. I spent all day inking page 15 of my comic over some sketches that I did yesterday, and now it looks bad.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
I don't know if I've really ever successfully inked sketches. I almost always feel the sketch looked cooler.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Avshalom posted:

e: ^^^^ ahaha dogbutt

i don't understand why she does it, it is amusing though

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Nessa posted:

Also, quit being better than me. I spent all day inking page 15 of my comic over some sketches that I did yesterday, and now it looks bad.

noooooo

be the best you can be, avshalom! we believe in you!

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Wildlife Analysis posted:

I've decided that my dog has some serious issues

Quoting for new page.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i am furiously jealous of people that can ink, especially traditionally. i've had to go the traditional method because digital just led to me getting so finicky about my line quality that it took me like thirty hours to complete a page (and it still looked like rear end). good inking is an unattainable goal

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Sonrisa posted:

gently caress what anyone says, I liked Genesis/Phil Collins.

I worshiped Peter Gabriel. When So came out, I bought his entire back catalog and listened to it endlessly on a little battery operated cassette player in the passenger seat of my 67 mustang as I constantly cruised the back roads of Florida and dreamed of just driving.

That said, I think Phil Collins gets a bad rap, he's a brilliant pop writer. I'd read that he's convinced the whole world hates him 'cause he was so popular and ubiquitous and that makes me feel bad for him even if he is a umpteen millionaire.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

The TV show of the comic

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh hey

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

where'd you earn that

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Feminism thread.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
this means war...

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Cool thing:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/81873/experience-just-how-big-the-universe-is-in-one-mind-blowing-interactive

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Why don't people who buy titles buy something that would plausibly look like something that person would have bought themselves

I would have given boom boom boom some gorgeously handsome asian drama actor person

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

t_violet posted:

I worshiped Peter Gabriel. When So came out, I bought his entire back catalog and listened to it endlessly on a little battery operated cassette player in the passenger seat of my 67 mustang as I constantly cruised the back roads of Florida and dreamed of just driving.

That said, I think Phil Collins gets a bad rap, he's a brilliant pop writer. I'd read that he's convinced the whole world hates him 'cause he was so popular and ubiquitous and that makes me feel bad for him even if he is a umpteen millionaire.

Still worship PG. And Genesis. (Selling England by the Pound is my fave album of theirs.) Also love Phil. Jesus he knows me is my fave video of all time. XTC Dear God is awesome. I loved 86. I still love 80's music. It may be insincere, but it reminds me of happiness.

I love all genres, though, except for country. I like some Reba and Dolly and a Johnny Cash song or two but new country is beyond me. So I guess it's just okay. (Oh, and bluegrass is wonderful.)

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
one of my friends once bought me an avatar of a douche we went to high school with and the red text "ask me about aetolia!" (some online rpg i think, i've never played it) and i was like "lol so lame, as if i'd be embarrassed by that"

but you know, i actually was embarrassed and ended up not posting once while i had that avatar out of shame that people would think i was an aetolia-playing grognard

later that same friend bought me my first clefairy so you know he's not all bad

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I love Police Squad.

So much.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Nessa posted:

I love Police Squad.

So much.

rip leslie :smith:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dongicus posted:

rip leslie :smith:

I had no idea...
:smith:

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Wow I hadn't even thought of him being dead. Much sad.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

i thought those were goats at first but then realised they're puppies with docked ears

they were cuter as goats

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
They look like goats to me

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
ok this avatar is really throwing my posting off

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
i see goats

goats i do see

goat see

please like this comment if you "ha ha'd"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

toe knee hand posted:

i thought those were goats at first but then realised they're puppies with docked ears
they were cuter as goats
they are goats

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Avshalom posted:

they are goats

okay good

very cute

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

bun

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Avshalom posted:

i am furiously jealous of people that can ink, especially traditionally. i've had to go the traditional method because digital just led to me getting so finicky about my line quality that it took me like thirty hours to complete a page (and it still looked like rear end). good inking is an unattainable goal

I learned most of my drawing skills from looking at webcomics and I have yet to completely get out of the habit of thinking that line quality doesn't matter, I blame PA mainly (which I now acknowledge as a Bad Webcomic)

I spent like all day playing skyrim I think this is unhealthy but I'm so close to having all the dragon shouts even though I haven't gotten to the part in the main quests where dragons show up yet

I should draw something, someone tell me what to draw

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

aaaaaaaa

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Is it bad that the first thing that came to mind was "That'd be an awesome slipper..."?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Sonrisa posted:

Is it bad that the first thing that came to mind was "That'd be an awesome slipper..."?
that's actually what i thought it was at first

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
in honour of my possible new internship, i think i may have some celebratory drinks tomorrow

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I saw the Robert Cop remake today. It was ok. B/B-. Go see it maybe? I donno

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Rip_Van_Winkle posted:

this dickcat frowns on your gutterminded implications but nevertheless wishes you well

Big fan of this veiny Penis Cat, btw

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Avshalom posted:

in honour of my possible new internship, i think i may have some celebratory drinks tomorrow

yay

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
for real though i'm so excited, there's like... two dedicated illustration studios in the whole of sydney and i may soon be working at one of them! i thought i'd end up designing business cards or some poo poo rather than doing stuff i actually love, but i may just have gotten lucky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Eeeeeee. Hoppity goats.

I love baby goats.

• Locked thread