Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Cheez posted:

Yeah, with my most recent one being a "fight" with some people over why I should ONLY use OBS and ONLY use twitch for streaming, otherwise I'm not doing it right, and also a bunch of loving retards who don't get that my one problem with OBS was a loving bug in the god drat program. gently caress you too buddy.

stop posting

how dare a group of 40 thousand people on a 20 second delay not make ideal decisions.

If it were up to me I'd be releasing all the pokemon too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0staf
Jun 11, 2006

FFE or die trying
cheeze you are a moron

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Cheez posted:

Think I care? They already hosed it up beyond any help.

We can get eevee, all we need is a water stone to make it evolve and we can use surf :downs:

We can fix this, all we have to do is go to the PC and deposit eevee, we've done this before :downs:

Now what? You have a grand total of one pokemon with weak moves. Assuming anyone even gets past the safari zone, assuming anyone gets past victory road, assuming anyone gets to the elite four, there is no backup plan. And you don't see how a bunch of people collectively thinking like this is horrifying when applied to actual real life situations.

Make insanely untenable broad sweeping implications of the fate of humanity about it

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Cheez posted:

Yeah, with my most recent one being a "fight" with some people over why I should ONLY use OBS and ONLY use twitch for streaming, otherwise I'm not doing it right, and also a bunch of loving retards who don't get that my one problem with OBS was a loving bug in the god drat program. gently caress you too buddy.

lmao you're like a living parody

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
I can see how you would defend this idea seeing as you all paid $10 to be part of a forum that's no different from the ones you can visit for free.

The difference is that I see the mistake in doing this.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

CraigK posted:

I beat the Elite Four as a kid once with a lv. 100 Rattata, your argument is invalid

yes but are you 40,000 people trying to play at once? I think they need a stronger pokemon.

StopHangingDjs
Jan 9, 2013
Oh god they're heading toward a pc. Didn't we learn our lesson? Are we about to lose Pidgeot?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Do we even have enough money to buy another evolution stone?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

StopHangingDjs posted:

Oh god they're heading toward a pc. Didn't we learn our lesson? Are we about to lose Pidgeot?

Why won't we stop playing with fire :gonk:

horriblePencilist posted:

Do we even have enough money to buy another evolution stone?

Yes, but we can get it wrong maybe once lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Why do they keep going to the pc :ohdear:

Oh wait they left, phew.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Cheez posted:

Think I care? They already hosed it up beyond any help.

We can get eevee, all we need is a water stone to make it evolve and we can use surf :downs:

We can fix this, all we have to do is go to the PC and deposit eevee, we've done this before :downs:

Now what? You have a grand total of one pokemon with weak moves. Assuming anyone even gets past the safari zone, assuming anyone gets past victory road, assuming anyone gets to the elite four, there is no backup plan. And you don't see how a bunch of people collectively thinking like this is horrifying when applied to actual real life situations.

Don't worry, I'm sure nobody is going to let a bunch of Internet users fly a space-probe to Mars, you can rest easy.

It's like, not everybody in that chat room takes it very seriously and do you fail to see it is amazing that they manage to cooperate as much as they are already? I mean, that is 40-50 thousand people all trying to control one game character. That doesn't carry over to any real-life situation I can think of. It's not one person playing the game and being horrifically inept at it, it is everyone competing against each other for control and the most determined or lucky ones getting their inputs through.

Strategy is almost invalid here.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Ghost Head posted:

yes but are you 40,000 people trying to play at once? I think they need a stronger pokemon.

You're right, we need 6 lvl 100 Rattatas.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
It's a bit farfetched to assume that people take the insane proposition to play a video game while sharing the controller with a thousand other people as seriously as they would take every day life deciscions. People aren't going to devote a lot of forethought to something they can barely control either. There also isn't much risk involved if you can just grind up other pokemon.

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but that analogy doesn't really work.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Pureauthor posted:

You're right, we need 6 lvl 100 Rattatas.

If only FEAR Rattatas were in gen 1 we'd already be set.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cheez posted:

The difference is that I see the mistake in doing this.

You did it anyway despite knowing it was a mistake? You're the most irrational human being ever.

0staf
Jun 11, 2006

FFE or die trying
In the future when civilization is on the brink of collapse, when my kids ask me where it all went wrong at least i can now confidently link them to an eevee infographic as the start of it all

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
drat, RNG managed to get the bike? That's crazy.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Zwiebel posted:

It's a bit farfetched to assume that people take the insane proposition to play a video game while sharing the controller with a thousand other people as seriously as they would take every day life deciscions. People aren't going to devote a lot of forethought to something they can barely control either. There also isn't much risk involved if you can just grind up other pokemon.

I can sort of see where you're coming from, but that analogy doesn't really work.

I think it's just the Lapras/Eevee and PC/Daycare decisions that he's talking about. In those cases there's a majority that wins out, and they've both been wrong so far.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Stop going near the pc oh my god :gonk:

Indrazar
Sep 19, 2011

drat, RNG managed to get the bike? That's crazy.

Not only has RNG managed to release all it's pokemon aside from only a level 7 magikarp, but it managed to also lose all its money and now it really is completely stuck. People are claiming that the guy who is running it will reset it when he gets home. Maybe.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Eevee ruined everything. Not the pokemon itself, but ever since we had the option to pick it up the stream has been torn. If there ever was another ledge we'd sure as hell wouldn't make it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Eevee is Pokemon's skub, amazing

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

quote:

I think it's just the Lapras/Eevee and PC/Daycare decisions that he's talking about. In those cases there's a majority that wins out, and they've both been wrong so far.

There is no "wrong". The outcome of this stream matters not. Maybe people wanted Eevee because Eevee is cool, and wanted to use the PC because watching Red jump off of ledges for hours is not entertaining.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

If only Red could find a high enough ledge to throw himself off of...

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
If only it wasn't just a level 7 magikarp.

It's not really fair to say that they've made "wrong decisions" as they've made risky decisions that have backfired horribly.

Oh god, we've done it. We've used the PC without killing any Pokémon.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Eevee ruined everything. Not the pokemon itself, but ever since we had the option to pick it up the stream has been torn. If there ever was another ledge we'd sure as hell wouldn't make it.

The problem is that Eevee and its evolutions (especially Jolteon and Vaporeon) are among the most loved Pokemon that exist. There really wasn't ever a doubt in my mind that they would end up with it and that's why I figured Vaporeon would be a safer bet, since we've already seen how depositing Pokemon has turned out.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

Lord Of Texas posted:

There is no "wrong". The outcome of this stream matters not. Maybe people wanted Eevee because Eevee is cool, and wanted to use the PC because watching Red jump off of ledges for hours is not entertaining.

I'm not saying we should take it seriously, I'm just saying as far as progression goes it's put itself in a foreseeable bad spot.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Mordaedil posted:

If only it wasn't just a level 7 magikarp.

It's not really fair to say that they've made "wrong decisions" as they've made risky decisions that have backfired horribly.

Oh god, we've done it. We've used the PC without killing any Pokémon.

We did that before too, remember?

Something goes wrong once and people never shut up about it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
United we stand, divided we walk round and round in a pokecenter.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
The funniest part is that we STILL haven't healed in the hours and hours we've been mostly wandering the Pokecenter.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Hahaha, the social experiment is about how a video game can create a civil war

In a week we're going to be building forts and lobbing spears at each other. THE GREAT EEVEE WAR.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I feel sorry for Eevee. All it wanted was a trainer and now it's in the middle of a war.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dragongem posted:

Hahaha, the social experiment is about how a video game can create a civil war

In a week we're going to be building forts and lobbing spears at each other. THE GREAT EEVEE WAR.

Do you remember where you were when Jay Leno and Abby died? It's a moment that has embedded itself forever in the global zeitgeist

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

AnonSpore posted:

Do you remember where you were when Jay Leno and Abby died? It's a moment that has embedded itself forever in the global zeitgeist

I recall a time, back in 10 BJLABBBBBBK (, way before Twitch, when I owned a Charmeleon...

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Haha, people are spamming links to one of the image guides saying we need to go to the pc to take out our charizard:

http://imgur.com/XnB8wfy

Wonder if people will fall for it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

AnonSpore posted:

Where were you when the twin mons fell?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cheez posted:

Because clearly the videogame was the topic of that post and not the people playing it. You guys are just as dumb holy christ. Do you not see a problem with people who have no forethought or risk assessment?

Says the guy posting in a thread about Pokemon. Never post in here again.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think they can ever enter a Pokemon Center again, with all the people out for Eevee's blood.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
Go away Cheez.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Inadequately posted:

I don't think they can ever enter a Pokemon Center again, with all the people out for Eevee's blood.

It seem like the only way any progress will be made at this point is if they succeed in releasing Eevee, even if that means releasing Pidgeot in the process.

• Locked thread