Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Bob NewSCART posted:

So I'm pretty confused by the card system and the whole inventory/game in general, and I just got the furthest I've ever gotten in a survival wave defense type mission(wave 15) on one of the last Venus ships/stations or whatever. But, the problem is, I saw loot popups for a new warframe and a sentinel, both of which I don't have any of at the moment, and when I checked my inventory after the game they weren't there. Was I just tripping out or what?

Neither of those things are supposed to be loot anywhere. Do you mean new warframe and sentinel mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
It's worth noting that unlike Survival, Defense awards are not cumulative. If you pass on the wave 5 reward and choose to keep fighting, you do not get that award when you exit at wave 10.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

Kris xK posted:

It's worth noting that unlike Survival, Defense awards are not cumulative. If you pass on the wave 5 reward and choose to keep fighting, you do not get that award when you exit at wave 10.

Didn't they say they'd change Defense rewards to act like Survival a livestream or two ago?

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

redstormpopcorn posted:

Didn't they say they'd change Defense rewards to act like Survival a livestream or two ago?

I keep hoping they will, but I think the idea got screamed down by the unwashed masses.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Bob NewSCART posted:

I saw loot popups for a new warframe and a sentinel

The "cards" are also referred to as "mods," and each of them has an associated action-shot-type-picture. The pictures are of warframes or sentinels doing various things with different weapons, and that's what you saw. Once you get used to the game, the pictures allow you to differentiate the mods without having to read their titles, but it's confusing at first.

Think of your equipment (sentinels, warframes, weapons) as empty shells with base stats. Mods are the guts, providing significant modifiers to one (or sometimes two) of the base stats possessed by whatever item they're slotted into. A huge part of the game revolves around collecting, leveling up, and using mods. If you want discussion about that, you've come to the right place.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Kris xK posted:

I keep hoping they will, but I think the idea got screamed down by the unwashed masses.

Warframe pubbies are pretty dumb, but who would honestly think that it's a bad idea in any capacity?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

AndroidHub posted:

Warframe pubbies are pretty dumb, but who would honestly think that it's a bad idea in any capacity?

It enables people to get things quicker, you see. Quitting at wave 5 because something worthwhile dropped and needing to use another key is an Important Gameplay Experience you fucker *has spent 500 dollars on Warframe*

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
If they're gonna keep it the stupid way, no Defense reward should EVER be a mod below uncommon.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

AndroidHub posted:

Because then it would allow those filthy casuals to reach the same lofty heights that the glorious hardcores have attained with their blood, sweat and tears. Basically, if they had to bike uphill both ways to school when they were younger, then by god these newbies should be forced to do the same. You see it a lot in this game, usually around event mods. The same neckbeards whined about Vigor, Shred and Lethal Torrent being added to nightmare, and about the ammo mutator mods being brought back.

Just go make a post about how Primed Chamber should be attainable to people playing currently, and watch the vitriol and nonsensical arguments fly.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
So am I just an idiot or is the clan interface on PS4 as opaque as everything else in the game? I got the message in the inbox saying I was invited, but no more information and no way to "accept" or anything.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Woohoo! Doji and I just got the last piece we needed for Banshee from Xini. And not even 10 seconds earlier I was admonishing Doji telling him he needed to come and collect the dropped mods in my zone in case, god forbid, we got what we wanted then BAM. Got it. :3:

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 18, 2014

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It is literally the best dps of any primary, barring the boar prime. And it's hitscan, super-accurate, and benefits from rifle amp. It is the new soma, except you can get it at rank 0 if you do tower survivals and it comes with two polarity slots. If you don't have one, you are missing out. It also is like the penta in that you will never run out of ammo.

Dang, I'll have to give it another spin sometime, I haven't used it since I got it not too long after it was first introduced. And it wasn't even too terrifically terrible then as long as you didn't miss headshots.

Tarq
Apr 25, 2008

by Ralp
Ok, I feel kinda dumb because I've failed the first qualification 3 times now.

First 2 times I think I might have used a skill other than my primary weapon, but this last time, I cleared all of the mobs, got a message that wave 1 was complete followed by a mission failed. What the hell?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I put a catalyst into my grinlok, but it's not a good or even a fun gun and I regret it.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Tarq posted:

Ok, I feel kinda dumb because I've failed the first qualification 3 times now.

First 2 times I think I might have used a skill other than my primary weapon, but this last time, I cleared all of the mobs, got a message that wave 1 was complete followed by a mission failed. What the hell?

Remove your Sentinel.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Denzine posted:

I put a catalyst into my grinlok, but it's not a good or even a fun gun and I regret it.

It's a decent impact/slash alternative to the latron. Not as good as the latron prime though. Does kind of suffer from a limited mag. Haven't had a chance to mess around with the status chance.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

redstormpopcorn posted:

If they're gonna keep it the stupid way, no Defense reward should EVER be a mod below uncommon.

I can see an argument that says something like "giving Defense rewards like Survival is making it easier and more profitable to farm defense than Survival" having some merit. However, the current Defense reward system is poo poo. Survival is more hectic, sure, and requires more things to do and consider than just standing in an area and making sure the target doesn't blow up. But right now the time spent vs reward in Survival is way higher than Defense. If a middle ground is needed, I would say every 5 waves in Defense entitles you to pick *one* prize out of *all* the prizes accumulated so far. That means passing a good prize because you wanted to see what's the next one might bring is not a disaster when the next one turned out to be crap, while at the same time you're not getting as many rewards as Survival.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
You know, it's great when you're running a tower and the power in the house decides to start going in and out

Edit: based on the sudden surge in emergency alarms, someone hit something. Probably took out the power lines. Wheeeeeeeeee.

YeehawMcKickass fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 18, 2014

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Denzine posted:

That's because you don't like westerns enough or something.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

Ah yeah, this and a Loki with akvastos for a twirling gunslinger.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Joe Gillian posted:

It barely looks anything like them and it's got bad stats.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

QQmore posted:

Ah yeah, this and a Loki with akvastos for a twirling gunslinger.

I wish I could give everyone that idol animation that the Rhino has where he points his dual pistols all over the place like he's in Equilibrium.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

randombattle posted:

I wish I could give everyone that idol animation that the Rhino has where he points his dual pistols all over the place like he's in Equilibrium.

If DE does that thing they said then this eventually will be possible :buddy:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I hope so cause I just want to be doing that all the time.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just one more injector and I can make an Ignis. :woop:

And repeating my love for Rhino, I finally have a frame I can farm with, all the things I wanted are now within my grasp.

Seriously, to get the rubedo to make Rhino, it took forever and I thank fellow goon Alec for dragging my rear end through some tower survival for it, now I have like 7,000 of the poo poo, its awesome.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Morshu posted:

So I recently crafted a Paris Prime, and am wondering if I should bother keeping it and selling my Dread since I only really need one bow. How do they compare since the Dread buff?

One does primarily slash damage and the other does puncture, other than that I think they are identical.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Denzine posted:

It barely looks anything like them and it's got bad stats.

They're not really too bad. It's just that the Latron Prime exists.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Just one more injector and I can make an Ignis. :woop:

I just made an ignis and man that gun is crazy. Especially with the element system shooting a stream of explosions out is hilarious.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Corpus suck. I was fine with them when I was running around as Volt but, even though my Penta will do 3,000 Magnetic damage, it still just knocks off their shields most of the time.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

Daric posted:

Corpus suck. I was fine with them when I was running around as Volt but, even though my Penta will do 3,000 Magnetic damage, it still just knocks off their shields most of the time.

You're getting their helmets with the grenade blast, aren't you?

The best solution I found for this is to actually bounce the grenade off the floor and wait for it to come back down, instead of lobbing it in the air, which usually involves waiting the same amount of time, but getting their body and legs instead of their head.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Remember: the weak point of the corpus is their dick.

Also, if I've been ignoring your party invites lately: I have relatives around and I can't be around yelling at a microphone. Sorry guys! Don't take it personally.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Vauban Systems Alert up for the next 40mins.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Thanks for the help guys, they were mods. Im about half way through the Venus missions, and I stupidly spent all my platinum on a sword as soon as I started playing so I don't have anything other than a new sword. How are you supposed to get new weapons and secondaries and warframes without spending real money? Am I just too early in the game to get new poo poo or what?

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Thanks for the help guys, they were mods. Im about half way through the Venus missions, and I stupidly spent all my platinum on a sword as soon as I started playing so I don't have anything other than a new sword. How are you supposed to get new weapons and secondaries and warframes without spending real money? Am I just too early in the game to get new poo poo or what?

You're probably too early in the game. To get new weapons, you have to buy their BluePrints in the market (shopping cart icon), and then gather the materials required to make them in the foundry (hammer icon).
If you're wanting weapon suggestions, the Karak is a good weapon to get.

Getting new Warframes is a bit more complicated. The bosses on most planets drop one of three warframe parts: system, chasis, and helmet. You have to make and assemble each individual part, then buy the whole warframe BP from the market and then wait 3 real life days for it to build.
If you're wanting Warframe suggestions, it is near impossible to go wrong with a Rhino, whose parts are dropped by the Venus boss. All of his abilities are useful, with two of them (iron skin and stomp) being some of the most overpowered abilities in the game.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 18, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

SilentW posted:

Vauban Systems Alert up for the next 40mins.
loving PC jerks! Give it to us on the PS4 :argh:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
There should be a note in the OP not to break the Reinforced Glass when you are on a spaceship, I don't know what I expected to happen :v:

Also the first Rank Up test is taking me far too many tries and only once was I close to making it, is there any trick to that? I use Loki with Decoy, Invisibility and Teleport and the lovely default Braton, can't afford anything else.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ice Fist posted:

One does primarily slash damage and the other does puncture, other than that I think they are identical.
The Dread has a 50% base crit chance to the Paris Prime's 45%. They also come with different stock polarities (two V for the Dread, V and - for the Paris).

Szurumbur posted:

There should be a note in the OP not to break the Reinforced Glass when you are on a spaceship, I don't know what I expected to happen :v:
Some things are best left as a surprise. :ssh:

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Feb 18, 2014

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

mechanicalFactory posted:

You're probably too early in the game. To get new weapons, you have to buy their BluePrints in the market (shopping cart icon), and then gather the materials required to make them in the foundry (hammer icon).
If you're wanting weapon suggestions, the Karak is a good weapon to get.

Getting new Warframes is a bit more complicated. The bosses on most planets drop one of three warframe parts: system, chasis, and helmet. You have to make and assemble each individual part, then buy the whole warframe BP from the market and then wait 3 real life days for it to build.
If you're wanting Warframe suggestions, it is near impossible to go wrong with a Rhino, whose parts are dropped by the Venus boss. All of his abilities are useful, with two of them (iron skin and stomp) being some of the most overpowered abilities in the game.

Really helpful stuff, thanks. So at what point in the game do I start actually acquiring enough materials to be able to craft, and what's a good secondary weapon to craft? I have the Magnus blueprint because it looked cool as poo poo. Also, with regards to farming, when is a good time to start farming missions and not just playing new ones when their available? I see a lot of talk in this thread about the tower defense mode, but I don't know if I've ever even done one of those yet.

Additionally, can I just remap my abilities to the dpad? I don't know what you guys do on the ps4 but I find the swiping to be pretty awkward when I'm already using every finger + 6 I didn't know I had most of the time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You can start farming whenever you feel like it. Warframe is kinda one of those games where there isn't really any kind of goal besides acquiring cool poo poo and using it to kill things to acquire more cool poo poo. People talk about dps and optimal loadouts sometimes but I always just looked through the market and thought 'I want that, what do I need to unlock/farm/kill to get it' and then went off shooting whatever. I have 350 hours in this awful game and I still haven't finished clearing the starmap.

The Magnus is a good secondary but not nearly as cool as the Vasto, which is a space revolver. Other cool guns are the Bronco which is a handheld automatic shotgun-pistol, the Kunai which are throwing knives, and the Akbolto which are hard to make but pin enemies to walls.

When people talk about 'towers' they usually mean Orokin Void levels, which are special levels you enter by receiving Void Keys as mission rewards, trading or buying via the shop. They come in their own special tileset at three difficulty levels and have Prime weapon/frame parts or Forma (an item used in certain high-end gun recipes and for resetting the levels of gear) as rewards.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Really helpful stuff, thanks. So at what point in the game do I start actually acquiring enough materials to be able to craft, and what's a good secondary weapon to craft? I have the Magnus blueprint because it looked cool as poo poo. Also, with regards to farming, when is a good time to start farming missions and not just playing new ones when their available? I see a lot of talk in this thread about the tower defense mode, but I don't know if I've ever even done one of those yet.

Additionally, can I just remap my abilities to the dpad? I don't know what you guys do on the ps4 but I find the swiping to be pretty awkward when I'm already using every finger + 6 I didn't know I had most of the time.

I think a good point to start farming for materials is when unlocked all the planets with materials for the stuff you want to build. I'm looking at the requirements for the Rhino, and it'll require a whole bunch of different planets to be able to farm up the materials.
You should try to get a better weapon (except for melee) fairly quickly though. Trying to go past the first 3 planets with a mk-1 braton is an exercise in frustration.

The Magnus might not have been the best choice, since you'll need to unlock Saturn in order to gather Orokin Cells.