Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

IT'S ABOUT loving TIME

I'm 56% certain those are original guns and backpack he's wearing.

Cowboys of Moo Mesa is back? Neat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Diddler posted:

Yeah. The full line is (are?) the movie Guardians, the Iron Man from the most recent Guardian run, and Nova, with the BaF being Groot.

If you want pictures of them all from the showroom -
http://www.preternia.com/2014/02/16/toy-fair-2014-marvel-legends-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...
I am really loving the DC Bombshells line. I already have Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn and have Black Canary pre-ordered but today I saw Zatanna revealed

She may be the best one of the line yet

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

boom boom boom posted:

It's just gonna be a set of five different fixed pose Jonesys.

Hey, throw in the cat box and i'd pay $19.99 for it...

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would be totally fine with a Ripley minus guns with a catbox and a bunch of Jonesy's.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think they actually got the final approval from Weaver on Friday before the show. Should be shown tomorrow if all goes as they hope!

If they can do with Ripley what they did with Dutch, I'm excited. She's NEVER had a good figure.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

According to Randy on NECA's twitter, the announcement will be made via the mainstream press. I know they will nail it on the sculpting side of things, just hopefully the paint on the final product looks good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hot Toys revealed the T-800 from Terminator 1 yesterday and geeks online are going insane - saying it's one of the major holy grails of 12" collectors. Looks fantastic but I already have the T2 version. Now if they come out with a re-released exoskeleton i'll throw them money super fast. Tempting as it's super iconic (it's the outfit he wore when he said, "I'll be back.") but time to save cash (Robocop in August) for possible new figures this year.

$229 @ Sideshow, $54/month for Flex

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

Hot Toys revealed the T-800 from Terminator 1 yesterday and geeks online are going insane - saying it's one of the major holy grails of 12" collectors. Looks fantastic but I already have the T2 version. Now if they come out with a re-released exoskeleton i'll throw them money super fast. Tempting as it's super iconic (it's the outfit he wore when he said, "I'll be back.") but time to save cash (Robocop in August) for possible new figures this year.

$229 @ Sideshow, $54/month for Flex

Yeah the prices on the first T1 T-800 were getting up there, but I kinda wish this one was rocking his puffy grey coat

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They have that but I think only re-sellers have it now. I am glad they got the license for Arnolds face tho because...

Jesus Christ! :lol:

fake edit: It can be yours for $299 US --> https://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=20984&cat=0&page=1

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ripley confirmed!

http://m.prnewswire.com/news-releases/neca-unveils-hot-new-product-line-ups-at-new-york-toy-fair-246004381.html

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

Yeah the prices on the first T1 T-800 were getting up there, but I kinda wish this one was rocking his puffy grey coat

This one?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Still no photo though :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, that's the look I remember better than the police station scene from T1.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Awesome! Now comes the waiting...

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Who is the figure with all the guns supposed to be? Looks like one of the MoTU line but I'm probably wrong.

The new terminator is pretty awesome, may have to order one of them. That said, I do remember more of the gray coat than the motorcycle jacket.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has NECA made the AvP Predators yet? Or are they licensed differently?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They haven't made them yet, but they said they were going to at some point. AvP stuff is totally OK to do. It's just NECA's been busy with the Lost Hunter stuff, so they haven't done much else.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Do they have the rights to Kenner's 90's Aliens line too? Cause I'd buy the poo poo out of those.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

Has NECA made the AvP Predators yet? Or are they licensed differently?

Supposedly, they will be in series 14 and 15.

But keep in mind than they were pushed back once already (they were to be series 12 and 13) Not than I'm complaining mind you, if anything I'm more interested on see an update for the Wolf pred than the AVP's ones.

Edit:Regarding the Kenner question, I might be wrong on this but the way I understand is than everything alien/predator related is Fox propierty, so NECA's free to made the Kenner Aliens or any other variation.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 18, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Rage posted:

Do they have the rights to Kenner's 90's Aliens line too? Cause I'd buy the poo poo out of those.

Oh I'm sure. I may buy the snake one. I've always liked the way it looked.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They need to pull a Robocop and add to the HT T-800 lines from the movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUZgPfdkWis

(( I don't even remember when he got this leather jacket - it just sorta showed up IIRC ))

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Series 14 and 15 are the first AvP movie, but they also are probably going to do Wolf because he's pretty cool. They probably got pushed back because they are all new sculpts and they wanted to get the Alien line rolling.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 6, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I think the upcoming Dog Alien (while awesome in and of itself) is the first step toward getting Kenner Aliens, as they then have a quadroped body to work with. Hopefully the bull alien first oh please oh please.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I still have the red face hugger alien, but I would buy the entire line.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I still have a collection of about 90% of the Kenner line (minus a couple of the 2-packs and electric one). Seeing them re-done would basically be incredible.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Apparently they are also going to be making another '79 Alien. I wonder how it will be different though... new lip position? Maybe cast in translucent plastic...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The hell with MJ, I want those figuarts Daft Punk figures.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NotAnArtist posted:

The hell with MJ, I want those figuarts Daft Punk figures.

You're in luck, they are available already.

I've seen in person and they are really cool.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

If you made an articulated Madonna or Lady Gaga figure, then I might have to buy it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I have wanted a Tom Waits action figure my whole life, whether it's boozy, bluesy beatnik Tom sculpted to be hunched over a piano or dusty, post-apocalyptic carnival barker Tom cradling a homemade guitar assembled from spare parts and broken dreams.

Who's with me?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I have wanted a Tom Waits action figure my whole life, whether it's boozy, bluesy beatnik Tom sculpted to be hunched over a piano or dusty, post-apocalyptic carnival barker Tom cradling a homemade guitar assembled from spare parts and broken dreams.

Who's with me?

Me. But I also need a Warren Zevon figure.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Me. But I also need a Warren Zevon figure.

Hey, I saw your avatar and wondered if YOU saw the new Gold Superman and the other new "Super Powers" figures from Matty.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf14-mattel-toy-fair-display/

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Hey, I saw your avatar and wondered if YOU saw the new Gold Superman and the other new "Super Powers" figures from Matty.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/tf14-mattel-toy-fair-display/

Wow. The homage to the GL/Riddler repaint from Super-Amigos is hilariously accurate.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
And far from the first time the arms and legs on a DCUC figure didn't match the body color.

Hey-OHHHHH!

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

So that NECA press release mentioned that the next 18" Pacific Rim figure will be Cherno Alpha (yay!) and the next two 8" Kaiju will be Axehead (eh) and Scunner (???). I consulted the Pacific Rim book Man, Machines, and Monsters (which is awesome), and Scunner's description includes the following:

quote:

To save time and money, Scunner uses the same CG body as Axehead and Knifehead.

...which is hilarious, given that NECA is doing the exact same thing.

Seriously, the Pac Rim line is a license to print money. Why can't they just make a new mold for the crab guy or the dragon guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

funtax posted:

Wow. The homage to the GL/Riddler repaint from Super-Amigos is hilariously accurate.

They're releasing it on the Super Amigos card, too.