Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Justin_Brett posted:

I don't know why I expected Putin's spokesman to be even a little less of a supervillain than him.

Someday you will say to me Sergy you were right

I don't have a lot of certainties in life, but the one absolute certainty I have is I will never say. Sergy you were right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes, or gently caress offs given to people you need out of your hair. Real diplomacy doesn't need a super trained ambassador, they're just the face. It's the least damming corruption to bring up because their jobs are meaningless as long as we have massive agencies doing this poo poo.

Uh... maybe not for countries which we're generally tight with, but ambassadors to countries we aren't are pretty loving important.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

haveblue posted:

What is this movie
A feature length music video for Philip Glass' awesome music.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Boon posted:

Uh... maybe not for countries which we're generally tight with, but ambassadors to countries we aren't are pretty loving important.

What like Argentina and Norway? I'm sorry but no ambassador appointment will ever be as lovely as John Bolton. Until someone is appointed that's a bigger piece of poo poo than John Bolton, I don't really care. Hell, wasn't Joe Kennedy appointed to Britain solely out of his being rich? It's such a non-thing and it distracts from the real money issues that plague both sides.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
So they got snowed out?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

A rerun? Did Daily Show and Colbert get snowed out?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

raditts posted:

A rerun? Did Daily Show and Colbert get snowed out?

Chris Hardwick mentioned this would be happening last night, so it doesn't seem to be an emergency change.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I think it's just an extra long Presidents Day weekend.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I for one hope someday soon there will be equal rights for everyone and no discrimination against gays, not because it's the right thing to do, but because I think I'm going to murder someone if I hear another *Were you born x or did you choose to be x* joke.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I'm honestly at a loss about what can be done in Russia. If we believe in democracy...Then all the gays should get out of that country maybe? I don't even know. Why can't you just be cool, Russians?! Every other cold country west of you can be cool!

I wish Jason had pressed Sergei a little more on his definition of "normal". The lady at the end was very sweet and the reference to Angel out of nowhere was great.

In other news, Bill O'Reilly is starting to look more like a parody of Colbert these days, I swear to god.

And gently caress that awful filmmaker and gently caress everyone in the audience who clapped for a slow fade on a photo of a gorilla. You just had twenty seconds of your life wasted, don't clap. Jesus Christ. The word pretentious gets thrown around a lot, but JESUS CHRIST. I almost wonder if that was an extension of Stephen Colbert's newfound Frenchness.
(That said, Phillip Glass does good music. But you know what, it was better in some schlocky Zac Snyder movie than this guy's poo poo.)

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Was that movie feature length? Basically, after he explained the premise I thought "oh, that's kinda neat... If it's maybe 10 minutes long."

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

ThatPazuzu posted:

Was that movie feature length? Basically, after he explained the premise I thought "oh, that's kinda neat... If it's maybe 10 minutes long."
Wikipedia says eighty seven minutes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is it all the gorilla?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

VagueRant posted:

I'm honestly at a loss about what can be done in Russia. If we believe in democracy...Then all the gays should get out of that country maybe? I don't even know. Why can't you just be cool, Russians?! Every other cold country west of you can be cool!

I have to say that those Russian citizens have a shitload of balls. They do not want to be forced to change due to society. Also when are they going to catch Valjean? No bread for your family!

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Rhonne posted:

That ending was sad and heartwarming at the same time. :gbsmith:

I was so happy when Jason hugged that lady, because that's what I wanted to do the whole time she was talking. :unsmith:

raditts posted:

It's all that trueblood.

I think you mean V, sir :colbert:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

ThatPazuzu posted:

Reggio's films require a certain kind of commitment from the viewer, but they're incredible and unlike anything else (except Ron Fricke's movies, of course).

VagueRant posted:

The Orthodox church is embedded in the state in Russia in a way that has never even come close to existing in America. The citizens are a lot less to blame than the governmental institution being mind-bogglingly corrupt.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

ultramiraculous posted:

I think you mean V, sir :colbert:

It'll make you crazy, the V.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Apparently, most of the bids on the microwave were fake or something, so the bids were reset. It's now up to $4,700.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah I'm so happy its back.

Oh gently caress that.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
This is going to hurt.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its like loving Mississippi Burning in Florida. As Willem Defoe says in that movie "What the gently caress is wrong with these people?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Wait, what? He's guilty of attempted murder, but not the actual murder? :psyduck:

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Was there a cut there?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rhonne posted:

Wait, what? He's guilty of attempted murder, but not the actual murder? :psyduck:

Yep. Three counts of attempted murder and one count of firing at an occupied vehicle. The murder charge resulted in a hung jury and will be retried.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
drat. Florida's a great place to murder kids, isn't it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Jessica Williams is just the best.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

haveblue posted:

Yep. Three counts of attempted murder and one count of firing at an occupied vehicle. The murder charge resulted in a hung jury and will be retried.

But...how...why...gently caress Florida. :suicide:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man, as a white male, I'm glad we are losing power, because gently caress white men.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If it makes you feel better, he's still going to jail for the rest of his natural life. He's just not officially a murderer.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

EasyEW posted:

drat. Florida's a great place to murder kids, isn't it.

Black kids, sure.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
How can we be this stupid?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

No.1 Special posted:

How can we be this stupid?

ARE GUNS!!!

And pacifiers I associate with adult baby fetishists rather than ravers now.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

haveblue posted:

If it makes you feel better, he's still going to jail for the rest of his natural life. He's just not officially a murderer.

I have faith in the state of Florida to release him way earlier than he deserves.

Rhonne posted:

Florida doesn't tolerate failure when it comes to murdering black kids.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I love how we are slowly going back to the good old days where all that hard work my ancestors did in trying to get worker rights get torn down.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

ARE GUNS!!!

And pacifiers I associate with adult baby fetishists rather than ravers now.

I was referring to the Union stuff but yeah not a lot of good news.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

achillesforever6 posted:

I love how we are slowly going back to the good old days where all that hard work my ancestors did in trying to get worker rights get torn down.

I do love how they talk about FREE MARKET SOLUTIONS but they prevent the workers from having any say in said free market. I mean it makes sense from a Randian point of view, were the only people who are of worth are those who actually produce something, but that is the insane belief that CEOs are actually the ones who make the company run.

If i had the choice of any person in history to smother in their crib as a baby, it would be Ayn Rand. Hitler didn't gently caress the world up as much as she did.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
House of Cards is so good y'all.

Also Netflix is brilliant for gambling on it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tatum Girlparts posted:

House of Cards is so good y'all.

Also Netflix is brilliant for gambling on it.

Ugh I went from not having enough to watch to having too much to watch.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Oh god the SJW's on tumblr are going to go apeshit over this bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My trans friends all find that list retarded.

• Locked thread