Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

KitConstantine posted:

I'm looking for an old LP of LOZ: Ocarina of Time. It had lots of guest commentators and was really, really hilarious. They did random forum shoutouts and were just dicks the whole time. It isn't on the lp archive for some reason, but I remember watching it in like 2010, and it was old even then. The vids seem to have disappered from the internet as far as I can tell. Help?

EDIT: NVM found it, but all the videos are deleted. It's the BYOB LP by Khad from 2007. Any way to get the vids back? Or are they lost to the sands of time?

You could check Khad's LP site, but I think those videos are lost forever due to a hard-drive crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

man i hope this still exists!!

there was this cool website that produced stories of the big bang & evolution vs intelligent design side-by-side as videos, but the narrative tone and aesthetic were switched; so, the evolution story was narrated by a lady talking all spiritual and "let there be light" and all kinda in stained glass, while the creation story was presented by a dude as blueprint sketches, talking about god as a p. bland engineer who was doing research. i feel like the name was something like "enlightenment", but obviously not exactly that.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

KitConstantine posted:

I'm looking for an old LP of LOZ: Ocarina of Time. It had lots of guest commentators and was really, really hilarious. They did random forum shoutouts and were just dicks the whole time. It isn't on the lp archive for some reason, but I remember watching it in like 2010, and it was old even then. The vids seem to have disappered from the internet as far as I can tell. Help?

EDIT: NVM found it, but all the videos are deleted. It's the BYOB LP by Khad from 2007. Any way to get the vids back? Or are they lost to the sands of time?

It's easy to recover stuff from seven years ago. Just put your sword back into the pedestal.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
edit:There's a more suitable thread than this one,I'll post it there instead.

tag youre fat fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 20, 2014

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal

mynameisbatman posted:

I remember in the late 90's or early 00's there was a browser based RPG game called Parallel Universe or something. I remember they made a sequel. You could find all kinds of items and go on quests and the usual RPG things. There was a map on the right which was a square based grid and there were all kinds of cool items and monsters with drawings for each of them. I have no idea who made it and it was never that popular, I tried to google it and came up with nothing, maybe someone knows what I'm talking about.
heres some more information hopefully it helps since im looking too
first thing is that its called parallel-universe it had the dumb hyphen thing
parallel-universe also had pvp
it eventually was turned into parallel-universe 2, which was a subscription-based browser mmorpg and where a lot of people including me decided not to play anymore
anyway hope that helps

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Does anyone remember the name of that ridiculous old (youtube?) video of all Optimus Prime's super-camp quotes from Beast Wars, set to that "holding out for a hero" song?

Cos that'd be great.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I'm looking for a British humor site I used to read around 2003-4. All I remember:

1. The layout resembled a newspaper.
2. It had surreal classified/personal ads that SA's Dog Classifieds vaguely reminded me of. (The only personal ad I specifically remember: ARE YOU MADE OF SNOW? I am made of snow.)
3. There were a lot of comic strips, but all I remember is a one-off about some celebrity drowning in a lake of piss, and the recurring Triangle and Square.
"Triangle, do you know what I hate about you?"
"No."
"You never buy any loving milk."

Edit: The personals/classifieds were The Framley Examiner, I just remembered, but there's some other newspaper-ish site with those comics that I still can't find. The site also had a flash series called "The Doodles," I recall, and one of the "issues" required that you print it out in order to read it, but this is all very unsearchable.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 27, 2014

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Rollersnake posted:

I'm looking for a British humor site I used to read around 2003-4. All I remember:

1. The layout resembled a newspaper.
2. It had surreal classified/personal ads that SA's Dog Classifieds vaguely reminded me of. (The only personal ad I specifically remember: ARE YOU MADE OF SNOW? I am made of snow.)
3. There were a lot of comic strips, but all I remember is a one-off about some celebrity drowning in a lake of piss, and the recurring Triangle and Square.
"Triangle, do you know what I hate about you?"
"No."
"You never buy any loving milk."

Edit: The personals/classifieds were The Framley Examiner, I just remembered, but there's some other newspaper-ish site with those comics that I still can't find. The site also had a flash series called "The Doodles," I recall, and one of the "issues" required that you print it out in order to read it, but this is all very unsearchable.
I'm not convinced it's what you're looking for but I immediately thought of http://theweekly.co.uk/

Edit: ok, since your edit I'm positive it's not the weekly, I don't remember any flash stuff on there.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Yeah, it's not The Weekly. I feel like Weebl & Bob might have been featured on the site at one point? Or it was at least the same era, and the same sort of dumb British humor.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm looking for a Flash video from... hmm, maybe some time before 2004? It was a video of some hat (hats?) hopping from head to head across a lineup of Jewish- or Amish-looking people. It had a song in the back going something like "hat-o hat-o" and for some reason the tempo from that ubiquitous Moskau song makes me think of it.

ass is my canvas
Jun 7, 2003

comin' down the street
I am looking for a video I saw linked off of here years back... apparently something radioactive spilled (russian???) and these dudes were trying to knock it into some sort of container by hitting it with poles, hockey style. The problem was they only had a limited amount of time to attack it as they were getting irradiated, so each dude would do it for a few seconds.

Also I saw a site linked in CC once, learning to draw by practicing forming two blobs together into a 3 dimensional shape as a regular exercise. Anything still out there like this?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

The White Dragon posted:

I'm looking for a Flash video from... hmm, maybe some time before 2004? It was a video of some hat (hats?) hopping from head to head across a lineup of Jewish- or Amish-looking people. It had a song in the back going something like "hat-o hat-o" and for some reason the tempo from that ubiquitous Moskau song makes me think of it.

The Hat Is Yours!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgdfcKtRQW8

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

poo poo, this is the one! Thanks dogg.

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
I'm looking for a specific video slideshow of images from the Hubble Space Telescope. It's set to some pretty creepy ambient music and from 2006-2009, roughly. 2009 would be pushing it. It was definitely hosted on one of the major space sites. It may or may not have been something along the lines of a "20 best images", but all of the slides were annotated. It had most of the now classic Hubble images, and I specifically remember an annotation about a cloud of starbirth being millions of light years in length. I want to say it ran about 7 minutes or so.

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
The video of Batman in fallout, or maybe Oblivion, where he's giving blowjobs with a :o face.

SpoonfulofBromide
Sep 19, 2013

by Dire Forums Problem
Hey is there anyway to search the WaffleImages mirror? I did some serious excavating of the imfamous webcomic ShreddedMoose from the archives but I totally forgot to save more of the PowerChord comics before I called it quits for my sanity's sake. Now I'm kinda curious if I missed anything important without going on a full-on treasure hunt again, is that possible?

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

There was some flash website forever ago that had a particular section devoted to a guy pretending to be British doing movie reviews. All the reviews included pictures from their trailers and the reviewer would just draw penises on everything and towards the end of each video start screaming about big fat dongs in everyone's mouths.

What was that thing and is it still being hosted anywhere? Someone linked me to Maddox's Twitter which is exclusively screenshots of the Oscars with penises drawn all over them and I thought "man that other guy was a lot funnier about it."

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Professor Shark posted:

Re-requesting this:

I have a .doc file matching this description bearing the name "poorlowtaxesalmanac" that I got here-ish, originally three years ago.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
do any of the old tom green prank call raid videos exist? i miss seeing tom green just completely break down

SwivelTits2000
Jan 17, 2007
Retarded
About 15 years ago I remember stumbling across a website that featured tons of vintage computers that were not only in full working order, but that had all been connected to the Internet using whatever means necessary. For example an Atari 800 might be plugged into a serial port on a Linux box, and was able to browse the Internet at 19.2k -- albeit text only. I remember the house had several dozen vintage computers set up this way. I remember that specific rooms (or at least one specific room) were dedicated to different types or brands. One room might be a CP/M only room, or a DEC only room, etc. For some reason I think the house might have been in suburban Philly somewhere, but I'm not sure about that. I also think the house had multiple roommates living there, all involved in the project.

Ring a bell to anyone?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
There was an old SA flash animation set to Molly by Mindless Self Indulgence. It started with the words "FYAD FUN FOR EVERY ONE" and then was all about a carnival or something like that.

Anyone know where I can watch that again?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I don't know if this is really the thread for this, but I'm looking for an image. I originally found it as someone's avatar here on SA, then image searched it for a larger version. There were plenty of hits, so I know it's around, but haven't been able to find it again without a source image.

The image was a painting of what appeared to be a young japanese girl with paper-white skin, unnaturally-colored eyes, and fangs. She was pushing her upper lip up with her tongue. She's topless, and there was a larger version (the original, I suppose), that had her with large breasts being fondled from behind. The latter part isn't important to me, I'm just looking for the version which had only the head and shoulders.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Funkmaster General posted:

I don't know if this is really the thread for this, but I'm looking for an image. I originally found it as someone's avatar here on SA, then image searched it for a larger version. There were plenty of hits, so I know it's around, but haven't been able to find it again without a source image.

The image was a painting of what appeared to be a young japanese girl with paper-white skin, unnaturally-colored eyes, and fangs. She was pushing her upper lip up with her tongue. She's topless, and there was a larger version (the original, I suppose), that had her with large breasts being fondled from behind. The latter part isn't important to me, I'm just looking for the version which had only the head and shoulders.

You might have some luck if you try posting here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2701257

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone, I think from these forums, made an edit to Shawshank Redemption where it's Freeman reading the letter, but changed it so it said "I have decided...TO BECOME THE ROCKETEER!" and then just cuts into clips of the Rocketeer. Does anyone still have this?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

TheJoker138 posted:

Someone, I think from these forums, made an edit to Shawshank Redemption where it's Freeman reading the letter, but changed it so it said "I have decided...TO BECOME THE ROCKETEER!" and then just cuts into clips of the Rocketeer. Does anyone still have this?
Is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJdxTTwi7Y
Googling Shawshank Rocketeer spat it out.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Hooray, it's back!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Splicer posted:

Is this it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJdxTTwi7Y
Googling Shawshank Rocketeer spat it out.
YES, THANK YOU! I spent ages looking for this a few years ago, it seemed as though it had never existed.
Isn't there another video from the same person for the Deer Hunter?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

I feel bad for asking just for how little I have to go off of, but here goes.

A few years ago a friend showed me this weird video about some term, can't remember what, and using a story as an example. Like at 1 (term) reality is normal, 2, slightly odd, 3, weird, 4 thefuckisthis, and so on till I THINK 6 where reality essentially falls apart and resets to one or something. So the higher it goes the weirder crap gets.

Mostly audio of a guy reading this thing out but it was on youtube.

Any have ANY idea what the hell it was?

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much
It's called "Cuil Theory".

http://youtu.be/nfdEdE96En0

I give you a hamburger.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Mr.Hotkeys posted:

It's called "Cuil Theory".

http://youtu.be/nfdEdE96En0

I give you a hamburger.

Thank you. This has been bothering me since last week.

Munchlover
Dec 29, 2012
Hey guys, so this is vague as hell but whatever.
I'm looking for a short cartoon that began in the style of an intermission/advert from an old drive in movie. I believe there were dancing anthropomorphic snack foods and a cheery jingle. After that everything started to go subtly disturbing, the snacks got violent and the music went all nasty. PLEASE REMAIN SEATED or something similar kept flashing up. Hope somebody knows what I'm on about.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Munchlover posted:

I'm looking for a short cartoon that began in the style of an intermission/advert from an old drive in movie. I believe there were dancing anthropomorphic snack foods and a cheery jingle. After that everything started to go subtly disturbing, the snacks got violent and the music went all nasty. PLEASE REMAIN SEATED or something similar kept flashing up. Hope somebody knows what I'm on about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loqYlYqtsmY

Munchlover
Dec 29, 2012

Cheers dude, that was similar but not the video I was looking for. The one I'm after is black and white and much more like Ereaserhead than Metalocalypse. Thanks anyhow.

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm trying to find a song, and here's what I remember about it. I originally found it on the Internet Archive, it's on an ambient/electronic album (which may have had one of those "[PJ-680]" or something tags at the beginning of it). I don't remember the exact title, but it definitely had "city" or "cities" in it. Dead City or Empty Cities or the like. It had a synth or piano lead, aaaaaaaaand that's all I remember. :c

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe posted:

I'm trying to find a song, and here's what I remember about it. I originally found it on the Internet Archive, it's on an ambient/electronic album (which may have had one of those "[PJ-680]" or something tags at the beginning of it). I don't remember the exact title, but it definitely had "city" or "cities" in it. Dead City or Empty Cities or the like. It had a synth or piano lead, aaaaaaaaand that's all I remember. :c
Is this it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Cities,_Red_Seas_%26_Lost_Ghosts

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:
Is there an archive of this page anywhere with the images? This is pretty old internet junk: Please listen to my fartings

... oh wait, many images are still there, I just didn't scroll down far enough. Leaving for old Internet junk posterity.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Does anyone remember the GBS thread from a year or two ago where this book was discussed? Anyone have a link to it?

acephalousuniverse
Nov 4, 2012
I don't remember the thread but there's a digital version of the book here:

http://archives.obs-us.com/obs/english/books/holt/books/maze/

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.

Munchlover posted:

I'm 98% certain that this is the one you're looking for!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuADIiUrZvI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastics.
May 3, 2012
one word
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for an old comic about a fat man who loses his temper really quickly. A typical comic involves someone doing or saying something small that annoys him, and he flies off the handle. His name might be the title of the comic but that's all I've got.

• Locked thread