Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Javid posted:

If AT&T unlocked it, you'd get a "congrats on your unlock" type message when you restored it.

Not necessarily true - I recently got an iPhone 5 unlocked via T-Mobile, and no amount of restoring the phone caused the "congrats" message to pop, even when plugged in and activating via iTunes.

However, plugging in an AT&T SIM did allow access to AT&T's network, confirming the unlock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidStylez
Sep 7, 2010

Resident Turbo Hayabusa Expert

Klungar posted:

Yeah, I haven't had luck with NoAnnoyance actually turning off any of the alerts it is supposed to. Not sure why some people seem to be having luck with it and I'm not.

I have had it for a day now and honestly haven't seen any alerts pop up, but that doesn't mean anything.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Check the phone's IMEI somewhere like http://www.imei.info/ and you'll see whether it's really factory unlocked.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Is there any way to get the calendar on the Today tab of the Notification Centre to show a list of upcoming events rather than a block of a few hours that may or may not have events in it?

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
God drat it, I forgot to check the box to downgrade my baseband while re-jailbreaking it. Thanks for the tips, I'll try again before bed. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Success! I never thought I would be so happy to see those signal bars again, unless I was like trapped in a car wedged into a ravine or something.
Of course, I still have to set up my data and mms settings again, all of my music and apps need to be put back on, install winterboard, SBsettings, and the million other little Cydia tweaks and configure them all juuust the way I like them, and I'm still not 100% if the jailbreak is tethered or not so I'm paranoid about rebooting it...

But it's alive again, I actually learned how jailbreaking works, and I couldn't have done it without lurking this thread.

Zohn fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 19, 2014

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Zohn posted:

Now I can't figure out how to unlock it to work with my Straight Talk SIM like it was before. Downloaded something called SAM with Cydia, but as I don't really know the details of what carrier it was originally on I'm just trying random settings at this point.

Talked to the original owner (my brother), and he said he had it unlocked by the provider (he doesn't remember who, probably AT&T), so if I have this figured out right the IMEI should be on file with Apple or the carrier or whatever as being unlocked? But then again, he did this in Europe at the time... so I have no idea what I'm doing basically.

Please tell me that there is an idiot proof way to install something through Cydia that will magically give me service on this AT&T Straight Talk SIM again that doesn't me putting educated guesses into the settings in SAM over and over until it works.

In SAM I deactivated the reactivated my phone and the unlock "took effect" after that. I didn't have to mess with any settings and the next time I tried a SIM from another carrier it worked. This was on a iPhone 5, IOS 6.1.

~Coxy fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 19, 2014

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
BiteSMS finally updated to a release for people not using the official betas from their repo.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Weather not showing up on lock screen & cannot connect to iTunes. Known issue? Is there a fix?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

Weather not showing up on lock screen & cannot connect to iTunes. Known issue? Is there a fix?

You really need to provide a lot more information if you're expecting any worthwhile answers.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

ICHIBAHN posted:

What color is your USB cable? This is important.

ReidStylez
Sep 7, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

BiteSMS finally updated to a release for people not using the official betas from their repo.

Do you think BiteSMS is better than Couria as far as quick reply goes?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
My 5 has the common sleep/wake button not-working issue. It used to work if I pressed on the left side of it, but now it doesn't work at all. If I take this to an Apple store, do I need to unjailbreak? Is restoring back to the unjailbroken state still the best way to unjailbreak? Are they still replacing iPhone 5's with this problem for free/discounted?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

yamdankee posted:

My 5 has the common sleep/wake button not-working issue. It used to work if I pressed on the left side of it, but now it doesn't work at all. If I take this to an Apple store, do I need to unjailbreak? Is restoring back to the unjailbroken state still the best way to unjailbreak? Are they still replacing iPhone 5's with this problem for free/discounted?

Yes.
Yes.
If you bought it under a year ago and there's no signs of physical damage.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

ReidStylez posted:

Do you think BiteSMS is better than Couria as far as quick reply goes?

I'd say its all up to preference. Couria is a very simple quick reply that works great, BiteSMS is a replacement for the normal texting app. I personally prefer BiteSMS.

They're both free (Bite has ads after I think 7 days or whatever), so give them both a shot if you want.

ReidStylez
Sep 7, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I'd say its all up to preference. Couria is a very simple quick reply that works great, BiteSMS is a replacement for the normal texting app. I personally prefer BiteSMS.

They're both free (Bite has ads after I think 7 days or whatever), so give them both a shot if you want.

I purchased BiteSMS a long time ago (I think back with the 3GS). I installed BiteSMS and am going to use that for a bit after using Couria. The only thing I disliked about Couria is that when it loaded the quick reply it'd scroll through the previous messages that you had with that person.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

It says its the final beta, it's not a public release. You still need the their test repo. Where'd you get that info?

ReidStylez
Sep 7, 2010

decypher posted:

It says its the final beta, it's not a public release. You still need the their test repo. Where'd you get that info?

I downloaded BiteSMS 8 from BigBoss repo this morning.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

decypher posted:

Yeah as the poster said before, its on the default repo. Test repo still has betas going on, 8.1.something I think.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

ReidStylez posted:

I downloaded BiteSMS 8 from BigBoss repo this morning.

Weird! I removed my beta BiteSMS, removed the test repo and was unable to find it. I do have the BigBoss repo. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I'll work it out on my end.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

decypher posted:

Weird! I removed my beta BiteSMS, removed the test repo and was unable to find it. I do have the BigBoss repo. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I'll work it out on my end.

Search manually through the BigBoss repo by itself, you should find it that way.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Does anyone know if SAM works for deactivation/activation on an iPhone 5s?

I'm curious because I'm out of the US for the next few months and Sprint won't internationally unlock my iPhone until 90 days after I upgraded. I still have about 40 days before they'll unlock it for me and the next non-jailbreakable firmware could be released by then and I'd much rather use the 5s than my old 4s.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Has anyone had any issues with their camera and camera-roll crashing apps and your jailbroken phones? I thought it might've been my ccloader stuff because it was completely respringing my phone if I attempted to open the camera from the lockscreen.

However now if I take a picture with say Camera+ it'll save, but if I go to another app that attempts to access my camera roll that app will crash.

I've uninstalled everything relating to my lock-screen, as well as biteSMS. As of now the only things I've got installed are Activator, Browser Changer, DockShift, FolderCloser, HiddenSettings7, NoAnnoyance, NoNewMark, NoSlowAnimations and RoqyBT7/RoqyODB7.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Eclipse was causing a lot of random crashes on my 5. If you have anything that changes app ui you may try getting rid of that.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

spongeworthy posted:

You really need to provide a lot more information if you're expecting any worthwhile answers.

I'm asking how to get the weather to show up correctly on my lockscreen. Where is the option to do that? I'm flummoxed.

EDIT: also, on the off-chance, can anyone remember the font pack that changes the icons to a nice round shape? The font bellow.

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 20, 2014

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'm asking how to get the weather to show up correctly on my lockscreen. Where is the option to do that? I'm flummoxed.

EDIT: also, on the off-chance, can anyone remember the font pack that changes the icons to a nice round shape? The font bellow.

Weather on lockscreen: Forecast (and other options, search Google!)

The "font" is a theme: Flat7 Round

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Is there an app to give a download percentage when updating apps? I used AppCent on iOS 6, but that doesn't seem to work in iOS 7.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

spongeworthy posted:

Weather on lockscreen: Forecast (and other options, search Google!)

The "font" is a theme: Flat7 Round

TYB

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ibntumart posted:

Is there an app to give a download percentage when updating apps? I used AppCent on iOS 6, but that doesn't seem to work in iOS 7.

AppETA

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Perfect, thanks!

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
What's the repo for Flat7 Round? Not seeing it in search results.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Mr Hands Colon posted:

What's the repo for Flat7 Round? Not seeing it in search results.

Its called Flat7 Theme under BigBoss.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Ahhhhh Crap. So I'm running my iPhone 4 on a tethered jailbreak (yeah, I know) using 5.1 (yeah, yeah geez, I know...) and last night the battery died for the first time in forever, meaning I had to boot tethered. After plugging it in to get it charged though, I realized all my contacts had disappeared. Anyone know of a fix for this? I figured it was just going to right itself after I did a tethered boot, but just got it back up and running and nothing.

I guess I could just sync with iTunes but I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I synced my phone, there'd be a ton of contacts I'd miss out on if I did it that way, so if there's some other way to coax them back that anyone knows of, that'd be great.

I'm sure the whole list isn't completely erased, just "hiding" somewhere. When I was looking around, I flipped to favourites and a name popped up for a split second before wiping away and being replaced with the phone number.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

real_scud posted:

Has anyone had any issues with their camera and camera-roll crashing apps and your jailbroken phones? I thought it might've been my ccloader stuff because it was completely respringing my phone if I attempted to open the camera from the lockscreen.

However now if I take a picture with say Camera+ it'll save, but if I go to another app that attempts to access my camera roll that app will crash.

This has happened to me a couple of times. I don't know why, and rebooting fixes it. Would like to know the reason as well! :iiam:

It hasn't happened in a while, at least.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Welp, after my hard drive died last summer, it looks like I haven't synched my phone, so it doesn't look like iTunes has any of my contacts. Any ideas on how or why my contacts could've disappeared and how I could maybe retrieve them would be swell.

I tried going into iCloud in my settings screen and turning it on (it was off even though I was sure I'd set it up to sync to the cloud at some stage) and nothing there either. ITunes is also telling me my phone has never been backed up to iCloud, is there a setting or something I might be missing that would link iTunes with my actual account, and it's coming up blank because it's not looking for the right account? I installed a pretty blank iTunes on this new HD and it's basically bare, I haven't touched it since.

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich
For anyone who wants to turn on/off things depending on time, location, or connected wifi ssid:

SBProfiles is updated for ios7, and it lets you toggle things like location services, LTE, bluetooth, cellular data, etc. based on GPS location, time of day, or which wifi network you're connected to (or not connected to.)

It says it requires SBSettings, which is not updated for iOS7. I tested SBSettings and it just resprings if you try to activate it, so don't bother.

But SBProfiles is working fine for me without SBSettings installed. You have to donate at least $1.36 via paypal from within the app to get the wifi-based triggers, but everything else works OK for free.

I also have cleverpin to turn off the passcode when I'm on my home wifi, and it works great, but I like SBProfiles to turn on/off other things when on home wifi or not as well.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
My wife has tasked me with jailbreaking her iPhone 5. I'm an android guy, so I've been doing my homework. She's currently running 7.0.4 (which she updated OTA)

From what I've gathered, we have to play the waiting game to jailbreak because OTA updates to 7.0.4 could cause problems since you're supposed to update (or restore) through iTunes and 7.0.6 is the current update from iTunes, and 7.0.4 isn't available through iTunes anymore, correct?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Krime posted:

My wife has tasked me with jailbreaking her iPhone 5. I'm an android guy, so I've been doing my homework. She's currently running 7.0.4 (which she updated OTA)

From what I've gathered, we have to play the waiting game to jailbreak because OTA updates to 7.0.4 could cause problems since you're supposed to update (or restore) through iTunes and 7.0.6 is the current update from iTunes, and 7.0.4 isn't available through iTunes anymore, correct?

You can restore to 7.0.6 and jailbreak that release. Latest evasi0n is updated for it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

spongeworthy posted:

You can restore to 7.0.6 and jailbreak that release. Latest evasi0n is updated for it.

Should those of us already jailbroken on 7.0.4 be doing this as well?

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

spongeworthy posted:

Ok... so when you say "restore to" does that mean plug the phone into the computer and update to 7.0.6 through iTunes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Klungar posted:

Should those of us already jailbroken on 7.0.4 be doing this as well?

If the security bug fixed in 7.0.6 bothers you, then you can but it's not necessary. However I would just because 7.0.4 is no longer being signed.

Krime posted:

Ok... so when you say "restore to" does that mean plug the phone into the computer and update to 7.0.6 through iTunes?

Yep

• Locked thread