Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
There's some footage of that photographed scene here

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/peter-capaldis-doctor-who-sports-3098140#.UvE-sPtjBO9

Capaldi's Doctor, it seems, is not the huggy type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

A few news sources are reporting that Peter Capaldi will face off against the Daleks early in his run.

I'm sure you're all shocked that there's gambling going on in this establishment.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Bicyclops posted:

A few news sources are reporting that Peter Capaldi will face off against the Daleks early in his run.

I'm sure you're all shocked that there's gambling going on in this establishment.

The story I'm hearing on Twitter is the BBC or somebody wanted to give Daleks a rest for the season and Capaldi said he wanted them, so we're getting Daleks.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kevos Setzer posted:

The story I'm hearing on Twitter is the BBC or somebody wanted to give Daleks a rest for the season and Capaldi said he wanted them, so we're getting Daleks.

I could have used a Dalek break personally, but I suppose if you've been waiting your entire life to become the Doctor, you're going to want to battle his arch-nemesis!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I could have used a Dalek break personally, but I suppose if you've been waiting your entire life to become the Doctor, you're going to want to battle his arch-nemesis!

I guess this should bode well for The Master reappearing during Capaldis run then as well.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Bicyclops posted:

Aside from the Christmas special have the Daleks been in an episode since Asylum?

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

computer parts posted:

Aside from the Christmas special have the Daleks been in an episode since Asylum?

They were in Day of the Doctor as well.

Do they still have the arrangement with Terry Nation's estate that the Daleks have to appear once per season? Apparently the tiny appearance in Season 6 counted so they don't have to star in an episode.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

computer parts posted:

They were in the 50th as well. I think Moffat has mostly just been using them for the mob episodes that feature the entire Doctor Who rogue gallery of villains, which is fine. I don't know, they get to be kind of silly, but it will be fun to see Capaldi interact with them to see how his Doctor is different.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I just want it to be a few daleks rather than thousands or millions or whatever.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Wheezle posted:

I just want it to be a few daleks rather than thousands or millions or whatever.

Yeah, that would be a good basis. A small landing party story like The Genocide Machine would be really cool.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, that would be a good basis. A small landing party story like The Genocide Machine would be really cool.

So JLC gets to devour the entire set while playing Robot!Clara?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wheezle posted:

Also run on static electricity

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle
A new recurring character, meet Danny Pink.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Rising-Star-Joins-Doctor-Who-for-Peter-Capaldis-First-Series

I like the obvious connection with the 1st Doctor and this new regen cycle Doctor; 2 teachers from Coal Hill as companions.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DJ Ramshackle posted:

A new recurring character, meet Danny Pink.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Rising-Star-Joins-Doctor-Who-for-Peter-Capaldis-First-Series

I like the obvious connection with the 1st Doctor and this new regen cycle Doctor; 2 teachers from Coal Hill as companions.

Oh yum. Totally ok with this. :allears:

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Danny Pink is a very silly name; he sounds like he's from a satire of a Guy Ritchie movie. But yeah, everything that's not his name looks ace.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Danny Pink is a great name for an intergalactic con-artist. A high school teacher, not so much, unless that high school teacher becomes an intergalactic con-artist.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Has anyone speculated that Danny Pink is actually River yet?

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TL posted:

Has anyone speculated that Danny Pink is actually River yet?

You see, the Danube is a river, and plink is the onomatopoeic sound piano keys make in a song. It's not far at all from Danube Plink to Danny Pink.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I guess of interest to Danny Pink, there's a character called Colonel Blue in an episode.

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/doctor-spoilers-michael-smiley-make-guest-appearance-series-8/

So it's Moffat being cute with names, or him being especially cute with some actual color themed arc in the show.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Or this will be Dr. Who plus Reservoir Dogs somehow

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm okay with the new character information at face value. If it's just a teacher who happens to teach at this school, that's fine. I just can't shake the Moffat doubt that the school is going to have some sort of secret or hidden agenda that they've always operated as friends of the Doctor as some organization throughout history and blah blah blah, insert long speech by that turkey from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Just let a teacher be a teacher, nothing more.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I checked him out on IMDB and I'm not familiar with any of his work, but on principle, I think this is great! Hopefully he is well-written and popular enough as a recurring that he can become a regular companion. It'd be nice to fill up that TARDIS a bit. :shobon:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Bicyclops posted:

I checked him out on IMDB and I'm not familiar with any of his work, but on principle, I think this is great! Hopefully he is well-written and popular enough as a recurring that he can become a regular companion. It'd be nice to fill up that TARDIS a bit. :shobon:

I hope he is another Rory, and not another pre-alternate Universe Mickey. It would also be cool if this is just a way of annoncing that Clara is leaving midseason and here is her replacement.

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU

Teek posted:

I guess of interest to Danny Pink, there's a character called Colonel Blue in an episode.

http://primetime.unrealitytv.co.uk/doctor-spoilers-michael-smiley-make-guest-appearance-series-8/

So it's Moffat being cute with names, or him being especially cute with some actual color themed arc in the show.

Incoming Captain Scarlet crossover.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.

bobkatt013 posted:

It would also be cool if this is just a way of annoncing that Clara is leaving midseason and here is her replacement.
Yes please.

Cruel Rose posted:

Yes yes yes. Please please please.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sleep of Bronze posted:

Yes please.
Yes yes yes. Please please please.

Barrowman's still appearing on Arrow, though?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Cruel Rose posted:

There's already that flying Skybase thing, right?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Teek posted:

Oh poo poo! Tyres is gonna be on Doctor Who!

Few more guest stars and Doctor Who's gonna have the set.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rita Repulsa posted:

Or this will be Dr. Who plus Reservoir Dogs somehow

Now you've got me hoping that we'll see John Simm (or his replacement) strapped to a chair while Capaldi dances to "Stuck in the Middle With You".

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Now you've got me hoping that we'll see John Simm (or his replacement) strapped to a chair while Capaldi dances to "Stuck in the Middle With You".

Would Clara be bleeding in the corner?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

bobkatt013 posted:

Would Clara be bleeding in the corner?

Nah.

River.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Nah.Yup.

River.

Fixed for maximum Moffatness.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Barry Foster posted:

Oh poo poo! Tyres is gonna be on Doctor Who!

Few more guest stars and Doctor Who's gonna have the set.

Uh, he already was in Doctor Who:

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/creatures-of-beauty-210

As was Marsha:

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/terror-firma-238

Tim & Daisy:

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/invaders-from-mars-652

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 24, 2014

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I've heard all of those, and actually relistened to Creatures of Beauty recently, and never realised the top two. Awesome.

Vulva was in Doctor Who too. So we just need Mike, Brian and Twist. And maybe Dwayne.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And that's going a bit out of your way for Pegg and Hynes, considering they've been in the TV version too.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

And that's going a bit out of your way for Pegg and Hynes, considering they've been in the TV version too.

But not in the same story. :colbert:

And Invaders From Mars came first!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

So the rumour going around is that Danny Pink is the Master. Yeah, no. Probably.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

The_Doctor posted:

So the rumour going around is that Danny Pink is the Master. Yeah, no. Probably.

What a load of bollocks. He's clearly the Rani.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Box of Bunnies posted:

What a load of bollocks. He's clearly the Rani.

He is a Rutan. And he's going to have a fist fight with Strax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

Everyone knows that the Master is played by Peter Capaldi with a fake goatee, you loving idiot. :colbert:

• Locked thread