Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Sorry, no those are 315/30/20 tires on the rear end end. I made sure to look real close on Top Gear.

I can only imagine how hard those are to mount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Sorry, no those are 305/30/20 tires on the rear end end. I made sure to look real close on Top Gear.

Eh?

quote:

The tyres for the McLaren P1™ are specially developed P Zero Corsas, which have been developed with Pirelli, McLaren’s technology partner and sole tyre supplier. The team at Pirelli has been involved throughout the entire development programme of the McLaren P1™, and this has seen the tyre testing phase integrated into the entire schedule, as a key performance component. This has ensured the compound and construction has been developed and optimised during testing. The end result is a tyre that is finely tuned specifically to the performance and handling characteristics.
In order to develop tyres that complement the McLaren P1™’s characteristics, Pirelli called upon the experience gained in Formula 1 and all its other motorsport activities, also making use of computer simulations that replicate all usage conditions and stresses to which the tyres are subjected.
The construction of the tyres is much closer to a racing tyre than a conventional road car tyre. This is necessary to cope with the high loading due to the downforce in Race mode, and the specially formulated rubber has a much stiffer construction both vertically and laterally than normal high-speed sports car tyres.
Pirelli’s engineers have developed an innovative tyre solution capable of guaranteeing maximum stability and handling. The asymmetric design allows the tyre to remain sufficiently rigid even when subjected to different weight transfers, and ensures superior contact with the ground, even under cornering and braking, working in harmony with one of the most advanced suspension systems in the world. Despite this rigid compound, the tyre and suspension system have been developed together to ensure ride quality is not compromised in non-Race modes.
The tyre belt, bead and sidewall construction are all bespoke to suit the unique requirements of the McLaren P1™. Different structures were designed and developed for the front and rear tyres which ensure torque is cleanly transmitted and traction is optimised. In order to withstand high lateral forces of up to 2g through corners, the bead design on the rear tyres is also asymmetric.
The work carried out on the structures naturally also required the use of innovative compounds, utilising cutting-edge polymers, which improve stability and resistance to stress. Through the use of these compounds, the tyres now reach optimum operating temperature even more quickly, guaranteeing high grip levels and underlining the tyre’s rapid reaction to direction changes.
The tread pattern is a development of the Pirelli Corsa design, which has been enhanced to make the intersection of the inner sidewall and the tread have a specific aerodynamic profile, to boost the aero performance of the tyre.
These special asymmetric tyres come in one size only: 245/35ZR19 at the front and 315/30ZR20 at the rear.
- See more at: http://media.mclarenautomotive.com/model/7/EN/doc/49/#sthash.OP2q0ere.dpuf

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I just need to reiterate. IT'S SO GOOD LOOKING :swoon:

The silver wheels are just perfect contrast against the body colors (be it a black car or a green or blue)

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 20, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Whoops yeah, the fronts are 245, my bad.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
it was an awesome video to watch, and I agree on the wheels in the video... holy poo poo it looks amazing. But then youtube cut to an ad about 2/3rds into the video, and that made me really sad.

gently caress. That car sounds incredible.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

I corrected my typo after you quoted me. Boo. They only really gave a good look at the rear on Top Gear. I just assumed they were same size all around.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love the mechanism for the spoiler, it just looks so industrial. It's a case of 'gently caress you, this works perfectly' rather than trying to hide it or make it pretty.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

NitroSpazzz posted:

1982 Ferrari 400i Automatic

:psyduck: It looks like a Rover

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

88h88 posted:

I love the mechanism for the spoiler, it just looks so industrial. It's a case of 'gently caress you, this works perfectly' rather than trying to hide it or make it pretty.

The spoiler actually has to lower itself at around 155mph to keep from destroying the suspension in the rear due to downforce. That car is just plain nuts.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

NitroSpazzz posted:

My brother is the photographer for a large dealership chain in the area, usually he photographs boring new cars. Some days though he gets to play with very cool cars.

:lol: at the $150 aftermarket deck

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Das Volk posted:

First thing I noticed too, who puts a $100 kenwood in a rolls royce?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Alpines are perfectly good stereos guys. :)

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Yeah I have one in my car, but aesthetically it just does not make sense

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

Alpines are perfectly good stereos guys. :)

In a honda.

but then again, the stock audio systems kinda sucked rear end.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Das Volk posted:

McIntosh or go home for a stereo in a Rolls.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Felt Bowler Hat posted:

McIntosh or go home for a stereo in a Rolls.

Bitch please, McIntosh is overpriced and it ain't worth poo poo.

I got your trademark McIntosh green right here:

Besides, there's only one radio that's classy enough for a Rolls:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

Bitch please, McIntosh is overpriced and it ain't worth poo poo.

I got your trademark McIntosh green right here:

Besides, there's only one radio that's classy enough for a Rolls:

Did Panasonic base that design on a winamp skin?!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

AirRaid posted:

:psyduck: It looks like a Rover

I think Leyland got inspiration from the Ferrari 410 and Dayton for the SD1. I still think the SD1 is a good looking car, just so badly built.

Das Volk posted:

It really does stick out like dog balls in that picture.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This car's been posted before with its amazing paintjob and rev counter in the rear bumper.

This car I believe, hasn't. It's cool as poo poo with a slot machine motif...

aaaaaaaaaaaand a slot machine in the rear end. Yes it works.

Japan really does out-do everyone when it comes to complete madness customising cars. They just take it to the next level of ridiculousness. Why is this?? :psyduck:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
So these are just Boso cars right?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

There's nothing to get. It's a slot machine in the back end of a car simply because they can and nobody has.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

That is loving awesome and Japan as hell. I love it :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Chinatown posted:

So these are just Boso cars right?

I believe these actually get drifted.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I knew the profile looked familiar but it took me a minute to place it...

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Maybe in those two photos with quite different angles.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

NitroSpazzz posted:

I know this car is terrible. Perhaps the worst Ferrari ever (ok, maybe that title goes to the Mondial). But god damnit, I love it. It's just handsome as gently caress.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

If it had an engine that made low-range torque and an auto that didn't suck, it might be respectable. Until you see the Ferrari badge.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
for every one awesome car Ferrari makes... they make at least one flop.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

for every one awesome car Ferrari makes... they make at least one flop.

1:1? I would say that's a bit much.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'd say 3-4:1. There's usually one mutant lemon in every generation, like the California or the Scaglietti (I don't care what you say that car was lame).

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

front wing flexing posted:

1:1? I would say that's a bit much.

Well, maybe 3.25:1 ... But when they make a flop its a big grandiose flop

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
Easily. 365 GT4 2+2, 400i, 412i, 308 GT4, Mondial, FF...

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I like the 400/412, just get one with a clutch pedal.

Also, gently caress you the FF is awesome.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Mercedes sent Rosberg out at Silverstone to do a lap with 6 cameras recording a 360 degree field of view.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/02/mercedes-f1-360/

You can control the angle of view for the entire lap

There's also video of Hamilton and Rosberg driving an E63 AMGS wagon. :v:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 21, 2014

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

drgitlin posted:

Maybe in those two photos with quite different angles.

I'd say that speaks more to their similarities than their differences.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Das Volk posted:

Apparently the guy bought a poo poo load of that particular Alpine deck and slaps them in everything.

Slavvy posted:

If it had an engine that made low-range torque and an auto that didn't suck, it might be respectable. Until you see the Ferrari badge.
Talked to my brother last night...it has a 3 speed automatic made by Chevrolet:suicide: At least it had a V12.

Have a P1

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Funny, but what the hell were they thinking?

At least he had the airbag facing him, if he'd been holding it the other way he could have very easily damaged his wrists/arms. Airbag charges are nothing I'd ever gently caress around with... unless it's at least 10 feet away.

Same story with idiots sitting on them and setting them off, great way to gently caress up your back, but I'll laugh withat you if you do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rcman50166
Mar 23, 2010

by XyloJW
Sometimes the reason why something is funny is because it was stupid.