Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Zereth posted:

Those appear to be randomly generated monsters.

With battle axes? I haven't seen that before.. But if you say so, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geomancing
Jan 8, 2004

I am not an egghead. I am well-read.
That's not a battle axe, that's their tail. It's one of the available parts for monsters to possibly have.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

New Leaf posted:

With battle axes? I haven't seen that before.. But if you say so, haha.

That's their tails!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Even intimidating nocturnal animals can be benign, and the npcs won't freak out about them unless they hit them.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wow, I feel dumb now. It looks like they're holding an axe if you look at the brown/pinkish part. It even looks like it goes into an axe head and comes out the top.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Why would they be holding it so the axe head is behind them?

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013

goodness posted:

That's a fairly common fighting stance is video games, you know the business end of the two handed weapon is behind me as I dash forward heroically. I don't think they look like cultist but I can see where the guy would get the idea.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

goodness posted:

It's a hammer, but you get the idea. Imagine him from viewed from the other side.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Feenix posted:

Seconding this. I haven't booted up yet. I'm sure it auto patched but I haven't played. If I wait for a next patch will it sort itself or are all containers hosed no matter what.

Looks like a patch just came out that fixed the container issue. Tried it with a backed up copy of my shipworld file and it worked! My almost complete collection of musical instruments is safe once more.

featurecreep
Jul 23, 2002

Yes, Robinson, take the Major, the Robot, your wife and kids... but leave Will for my plea-- his education.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Looks like a patch just came out that fixed the container issue. Tried it with a backed up copy of my shipworld file and it worked! My almost complete collection of musical instruments is safe once more.

Hooray! Now to just wait for the long long process of all my mods getting updated again. I just finished a planet-wide skyrail system on my Exploration-Enhanced-generated world, so I'm going to give a week or so for the dust to settle and hope Desideratus updates. I tried, stupidly, to just switch the version to Enraged Koala. That didn't work, LOL. Good thing I keep backups.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

New Leaf posted:

It's a hammer, but you get the idea. Imagine him from viewed from the other side.

I could see how it would look like that now.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Lallander posted:

Or blow you up, or poison you, or set you on fire, or make you run fast.

You can click them from a distance, and then jump away to avoid the explosion (and if its a buff, you can usually get back in range before it vanishes)

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Lobsterpillar posted:

You can click them from a distance, and then jump away to avoid the explosion (and if its a buff, you can usually get back in range before it vanishes)

Do monsters get the effects from these if they're right there or am I crazy? I swear I hit one when a monster was next to me and he got the little healing crosses too, but I am bad at remembering things.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lobsterpillar posted:

Unless they re-buffed them in the recent patch, even the dangerous ones hardly hurt you anymore so there's little reason to be afraid of them.

Silento Boborachi
Sep 17, 2007

Ariza posted:

Do monsters get the effects from these if they're right there or am I crazy? I swear I hit one when a monster was next to me and he got the little healing crosses too, but I am bad at remembering things.

Yes, monsters get the effect, I've had them in range of a glow effect one before making them glow :3:
Note: non-aggresive monsters WILL become hostile if hit by any effect. I had some just walking around near me, hit one that gave me a jump boost and they turned hostile when they got the effect too.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Is this the runtime error people were talking about after the update? What do I doooo. I just got home from a long day at work and I just wanted to relax and play. :cry:

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Maybe remove the 'Airstick' mod until it updates to the current version?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Shnooks posted:

Is this the runtime error people were talking about after the update? What do I doooo. I just got home from a long day at work and I just wanted to relax and play. :cry:

You change the version data in its .modinfo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shnooks posted:

Try updating the modinfo for Airstack manually or see if the author has updated it on the site. If neither of those work, remove that mod until its updated.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah, let me see if there's anything changed about how that stanza works and I'll post an updated version here real quick. Sorry about that. :shobon:

E: Yup, nothing changed about that, so all it needed was a change to the modinfo. Here it is.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 21, 2014

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Moronic Farce posted:

That's a fairly common fighting stance is video games, you know the business end of the two handed weapon is behind me as I dash forward heroically. I don't think they look like cultist but I can see where the guy would get the idea.

I think the fungus dudes are like floran cultists, not those purple potato fish dargons.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
I'm sure this gets asked every couple of pages but last I checked they were done wiping characters and ships, but said there may still be planet wipes. Is this still relevant? Also does anyone know any good paid server hosts?

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

MrGreenShirt posted:

Maybe remove the 'Airstick' mod until it updates to the current version?

Eonwe posted:

Try updating the modinfo for Airstack manually or see if the author has updated it on the site. If neither of those work, remove that mod until its updated.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

You change the version data in its .modinfo.

Oh duh! I completely forgot I installed that :doh: Like I said, long day at work. Thanks guys.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

teknologik posted:

I'm sure this gets asked every couple of pages but last I checked they were done wiping characters and ships, but said there may still be planet wipes. Is this still relevant? Also does anyone know any good paid server hosts?

Yep, done with player and ship wipes and there'll be at least one last planetary wipe some time down the line once they're ready to finalize planetary layouts/biomes/dungeons/etc.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

teknologik posted:

Some people had chests/containers get wiped due to a bug in the latest update.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

teknologik posted:

It is a beta. The intent is that your character and her space truck are safe for the foreseeable future, but it is still a beta. All your data is forfeit until release.

If you build anything impressive, or you get to Impervium-tier, screenshot records of your builds and StarCheat are basically necessary.

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

ToastyPotato posted:

I did see that, and I understand poo poo happens. When the game first launched we had character wipes every couple weeks, then they announced they implemented a system to prevent character wipes. I just wondered if they had announced they there would most likely be no planet wipes. I skimmed patch notes and didn't see anything.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

teknologik posted:

I did see that, and I understand poo poo happens. When the game first launched we had character wipes every couple weeks, then they announced they implemented a system to prevent character wipes. I just wondered if they had announced they there would most likely be no planet wipes. I skimmed patch notes and didn't see anything.

At this point, they are going for no character and ship wipes. There will be planet wipes more than likely for a bit longer. Things do happen as the recent patch shows, since it did wipe out ships. I know Multiplay is doing Starbound servers. They are probably more pricy than most, but you do pay for what you get. They are likely a lot more stable than most player run servers. Out of curiousity, is this just for friends, for goons, or more of a public server? If its either of the latter two, let me know. I love to jump on different servers.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/sb-starbound/?gclid=CJSUn5aH3LwCFeRi7AodPRoABg

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Eonwe posted:

At this point, they are going for no character and ship wipes. There will be planet wipes more than likely for a bit longer. Things do happen as the recent patch shows, since it did wipe out ships. I know Multiplay is doing Starbound servers. They are probably more pricy than most, but you do pay for what you get. They are likely a lot more stable than most player run servers. Out of curiousity, is this just for friends, for goons, or more of a public server? If its either of the latter two, let me know. I love to jump on different servers.

http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/game-servers/sb-starbound/?gclid=CJSUn5aH3LwCFeRi7AodPRoABg

Probably just friends for now, only because hosting a server that holds a lot of people is so expensive. Otherwise I'd throw a 50 person server up and call it a day.

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

ToastyPotato posted:

I still haven't got my ship locker back yet. I've written off the items inside, but would still like the locker back.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

If this newest patch didn't give you back your ship locker, and if you don't have a backup of your shipworld file from before you launched the game with the container deleting bug active, I believe you'll have to delete your shipworld file and let the game roll you a new one.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

MrGreenShirt posted:

If this newest patch didn't give you back your ship locker, and if you don't have a backup of your shipworld file from before you launched the game with the container deleting bug active, I believe you'll have to delete your shipworld file and let the game roll you a new one.

So I can save myself by copying the shipworld if I have not run it since the patch?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

I believe so, yes.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I backed up my files every day but I'm still missing a container or three on the goon server. My ship should be okay but I'm boned on the latter, yeah?

Morning
Aug 10, 2008

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I backed up my files every day but I'm still missing a container or three on the goon server. My ship should be okay but I'm boned on the latter, yeah?

Pretty much, barring an act of god.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

So I got totally distracted from my race mod because I needed a method to test whether my weapons were hitting properly according to each tier of armor. I whipped this up overnight from my sketchy work copy in case anyone else wants to either test weapon damage or just straight up wants to shoot targets until they poof.

Leftmost target is made of 5 wood, each tiered target afterwards is made from one wooden target and 2 bars of whatever material. Each tiered target has the health and armor of a standard player with a full set of tiered armor on. The target below that is a Diamond Target - no armor, but lots of health (made from one wooden target and 2 diamonds). If you shoot a target until it runs out of health, it'll drop another.

Mod is up here:
http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/tiered-targets.1687/

Also it's my first public mod, so if it doesn't work on your end, oops - let me know and I'll fix it.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

If people keep making things like this, Starbound is going to be amazing on release.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax
ahahahaha

starbound.. released...

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Babyface Mingo posted:

ahahahaha

starbound.. released...

Now now, this isn't Star Citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

Babyface Mingo posted:

ahahahaha

starbound.. released...

Go back to the Cube World thread.