Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just play on my work breaks and before bed. (and maybe while on the pooper).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Round 4 is exceptionally awful for me. I have no Hulk no do I have any means to keep the 230 boosted Hulk locked down (sold my MBW and I'm not going to build a new one just for this). Playing casually and just to get the rewards from each one I can do is much more relaxing. Hopefully I'll have enough points by the end to get 2 psylocke covers.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I gave up on my goal to get Psylocke and have jumped ship to the Magneto tournament where I actually stand a chance in hell at placing top 10

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
Personally, I would much rather have those 3 Wolverine covers in the 75-100 tier instead of driving myself crazy to MAYBE get one or two psylocke covers.

Also, are the match-ups randomized at the start of these PVE events? In round one I was able to win both of the 5000 ISO-8 prizes with only a bit of effort, but having to deal with a powered up hulk for 1000 and 2500 just doesn't seem as fair to me.

is there a way to add more Facebook players to send rewards to? I chose one when I first started playing and it will only let me send rewards to HIM. Another friend of mine started playing and I'd like to send rewards to him.

Moon Man fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 21, 2014

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Moon Man posted:

Personally, I would much rather have those 3 Wolverine covers in the 75-100 tier instead of driving myself crazy to MAYBE get one or two psylocke covers.

Also, are the match-ups randomized at the start of these PVE events? In round one I was able to win both of the 5000 ISO-8 prizes with only a bit of effort, but having to deal with a powered up hulk for 1000 and 2500 just doesn't seem as fair to me.

is there a way to add more Facebook players to send rewards to? I chose one when I first started playing and it will only let me send rewards to HIM. Another friend of mine started playing and I'd like to send rewards to him.

No, the rewards were set when they created the event, with the big 5000 ISO gift at the beginning as an incentive to get people playing. As for the difficulty, they're using some sort of scaling algorithm that is kind of broken. At the end of the event, there's no difference between the "easy" and hard versions, except that the easy versions have worse rewards.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Looks like only 3 people in my bracket of 1000 got the green Patch cover.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Looks like only 3 people in my bracket of 1000 got the green Patch cover.

Top in my bracket is still 9k short with only 8 minutes left.

e: New hero Black Panther.
e2: Also looks like 1* tourney coming up.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 21, 2014

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Oh geeze I killed all of my 1* heroes.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

messagemode1 posted:

I still have BW, Iron Man, Storm. And that's it. Hopefully good enough. Not that I'm playing this game more than a battle or two a day. :sigh:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

messagemode1 posted:

I have 8 juggernaut covers and no roster space :sigh:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, I got better cards out of the 3 regular tokens I just won in the simulator (a Spidey, one Magneto Now) than from all the special tokens I fought so much for.

Well, I also managed to grab 2 psylocke covers so that's that.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Strike tiles for EVERYONE! :glomp:

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I wish they'd give out Hulk as prizes. In the last Hulk giveaways I got like 12 of his green covers in a row.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got 6 standard tokens for round 4: 2 venoms, 2 yelenas, an IM35 and a moonstone. :sigh:

I guess its payback for all the good luck I've had with my other standard tokens of late.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I just started playing this, and I don't really get the advice in the OP to keep 1000 ISO on hand. Why do you need that reserve?

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Ahhh poo poo I didn't realize The Simulation was ending so soon! Well, at least I got a single Psylocke cover.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think that's way further down the line maybe? I'm still in the prologue and I have just spent down my ISO to level up whenever possible.

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Fix posted:

I just started playing this, and I don't really get the advice in the OP to keep 1000 ISO on hand. Why do you need that reserve?

Before boost costs were doubled and the good boosts changed to cost hero points, it was rare to fight without +3 all/+3 red-yellow/+3 green-black, which used to cost 400 iso8 for 3 battles and would earn you 210-420 iso in a pvp event.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Fix posted:

I keep it in case an event boosts a hero I have a few levels on...I can then jump a few levels for the event.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Honest question: should I dump my lvl 16 Moonstone with 6 or 7 covers to participate in the one star tournament?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

gently caress now there's Black Panther? I don't even have any god drat Hulk covers yet, let alone DD or Psylocke or Ares

gently caress this game

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
^^EDITIf it makes you feel better, dude, I don't have THOR.

6 or 7 covers is quite a bit to randomly dump. Especially on a 2 star hero. I'd sooner dump a maxed 1 star because you can build them back much quicker. I feel bad about deleting my moonstone and I only had like, 4 covers for her.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Black Panther's skills don't look that great aside from giving a reason to use enviro tiles on the city level.

Kjermzs
Sep 15, 2007
Is there a way to tell which level you will be playing on before you start?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Kjermzs posted:

Is there a way to tell which level you will be playing on before you start?

The background of the first screen that shows up once you pick the stage off the map

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Didn't manage to grab a Psylocke, oh well. It's weird seeing the strongest villains maxed out at level 62 after the last few events (though I know we still haven't seen the next two locations). I rolled a black Punisher from a standard token; I'm already at 3 black, but it could be some time before I get the other colors up to even 3. How's that respec supposed to work?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Syrinxx posted:

gently caress now there's Black Panther? I don't even have any god drat Hulk covers yet, let alone DD or Psylocke or Ares

gently caress this game

I don't mind them adding more heroes, since the actual limiting factor is not the covers but all the ISO you require to level up your dudes. In any case, having 1-4 covers for a hero is pretty much useless anyways.

Hogama posted:

Didn't manage to grab a Psylocke, oh well. It's weird seeing the strongest villains maxed out at level 62 after the last few events (though I know we still haven't seen the next two locations). I rolled a black Punisher from a standard token; I'm already at 3 black, but it could be some time before I get the other colors up to even 3. How's that respec supposed to work?

Nobody knows for sure but, apparently, if you are already at 13 covers and try to use a new one (or spend the equivalent amount of HP) you get to respec your hero somewhat.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

trucutru posted:

Nobody knows for sure but, apparently, if you are already at 13 covers and try to use a new one (or spend the equivalent amount of HP) you get to respec your hero somewhat.

D3 spelled it out. If you're at 13 and use a cover for a color that's not at 5, you can pick one of the other two to go down.

So if I have Cap'n America at 5red/4blue/4yellow, and get a blue cover, I can make him 5/5/3 or 4/5/4. but not 4/4/5 or 5/3/5.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does anyone else get a small stutter just as you make the winning move? I rather like seeing what kind of horrible cascade my 10000 hp enemies will suffer when I see that little spike.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
The game is now crashing for me every time I close it out.

Dropped from 3rd to 5th place in the last 3 minutes of the Magneto tournament. Heads will roll for this.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Looks like Nigeria should flip soon. Peru's points (about 2/5 of Nigeria's) and lower level versus their progress makes me think someone added an extra 0 to that counter.

As for the event, assuming they get the balance right I like the idea of flipping individual places for bonuses, gives folks a reason to stay motivated. And Brotherhood are interesting to fight against, since they poo poo countdown tiles everywhere that power up their attacks. And then boom at low life. I've had a few close calls but it feels more fair than, say, high-level Maggia Thugs getting a single strike tile off.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 22, 2014

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Veryslightlymad posted:

The game is now crashing for me every time I close it out.

Dropped from 3rd to 5th place in the last 3 minutes of the Magneto tournament. Heads will roll for this.

On steam the process doesn't end when I quit out now.

e: there's a thread on the d3 forums about the steam issue.

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 22, 2014

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Just tried my first round in Lone Star tournament. My IM35 (50), MBW (29) MStorm (20) v IM35 (50), MStorm (22), Venom (22) and after an initial few moves the enemy team triggered a stun lock cascade sequence that went on so long my phone tried to go into standby. Literally sat for over a minute just watching my arse get handed to me by the 'fortuitous' fall of the board.

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Don't you love how they force you to use Daredevil on a board with all no-names that don't move tiles, effectively making him useless? Thank God they're low level grunts.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Are the iso-8 brotherhood considered mutants? If not, is there an effective boost against them?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Kameh posted:

Are the iso-8 brotherhood considered mutants? If not, is there an effective boost against them?

They are Brotherhood which has a 20% boost already.

I have been having a lot of fun using OBW, Thor and Cap against the brotherhood guys. A lot of thier countdowns are pretty long and OBW steals the right colours from them to feed Cap's abilities. I have found that by the end of the match I am running 2 stuns at a time which slows down the tile placement and countdowns a lot, and with Cap knocking the tiles they place out, I just grind them down and occasionally hit them with Thor's powers.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
I don't have a brotherhood boost! DANGIT!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Friendly Fire posted:

They are Brotherhood which has a 20% boost already.

I have been having a lot of fun using OBW, Thor and Cap against the brotherhood guys. A lot of thier countdowns are pretty long and OBW steals the right colours from them to feed Cap's abilities. I have found that by the end of the match I am running 2 stuns at a time which slows down the tile placement and countdowns a lot, and with Cap knocking the tiles they place out, I just grind them down and occasionally hit them with Thor's powers.

I've been mucking with Classic Storm, OBW and Psylocke. OBW steals and can increase the countodwn, Storm lightning storms and wind storms to stun and Psylocke uses the poo poo they can't use.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Obw punisher and Spider-Man make short work of everything in this event. Spider-Man has to be a lower level than obw though, you want her to be stealing the blues and purples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
I wish I had a Spider Man worth using. Or a single Psylocke cover. It would make things so much easier.