Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey, it could be Jonah being an idiot too. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

This is Newspaper Spider-Man. Everybody is an idiot. It's only a matter of degree.

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Anyone else getting a Mr. Wint and Mr. Kidd vibe here?

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Slylock says Reeky deliberately arranged the newspapers to give the appearance he was away. Max didn't notice that all of the newspapers are the same issue (the same headline is on each one).

Slylock Fox (April 30, 1989)

You made the mistake of having eye-witnesses, Shady. Mister Frog and Mister Turtle will testify against you despite your intimidation tactics to keep them quiet.

Moose and Molly

There's gotta be more economically efficient ways of making money than following the ice-skating pied piper. Unless Chester is loaded and carries his cash on hand.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Gosh what a ho, she should obviously date someone because they're nice no matter if she's attracted to them or not.

Greg Evans is the worst.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
It's every girl's dream to marry a guy named Ox.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones Funnies (#8 June 2013)

Don Martin Dept. (Mad #48, July 1959)

Thorn (April 16-18, 1984)

Lucky Cow (May 31-June 2, 2004)

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
If Tiffany doesn't agree to go to the prom with anyone that asks her she's clearly an awful person.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

When she becomes dictator supreme of the world you'll be sorry Gil.

Retail

Gotta say, out of all the candidates we've seen so far... I like Mina the best. You ought to call her up and see if she's still interested because it was pretty rude and unprofessional to just leave her hanging like that.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

How on earth can you lose anything in this house? Karl vacuums it non-stop and there's barely any furniture.

Dustin

As a hotshot WASP republican lawyer I'd really expect Ed to be a lot better at golf. He's had a whole career full of executive and business retreats worth of practice. He shouldn't be losing to his marginally-employed, English-degree holding, failure of a son.

On the Fastrack

I like the guillotine the best. It's a classic. Go with that one.

Safe Havens

You might be able to get $10 each selling them on eBay if they still work.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

What a totally unexpected twist!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

- I'm a well-known restaurateur
- Well, conjure up some food then

ravintoloitsija restaurateur
(ravintola restaurant)
ravinto the "technical" term for food or nourishment
loitsija conjurer

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 4, 1926)

Peanuts (February 25, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean, in which Cindy gets sent back to the farm system.

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo, in which Miz Beaver continues her tale of romantic violence. (February 25, 1956)

Out Our Way (June 30-July 1, 1924)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
So I guess cable news is not a thing in the Funky-verse?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Midnight Moth posted:

b]Safe Havens[/b]

A phone with no SIM or calling plan can still be used to dial 911 (or your local emergency number). Donate them to a local domestic violence organization so they can be distributed to people who may need a way to call for help.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

It would be really interesting to see what really cool, most likely extremely hazardous to fish, compounds begin to leach out of those cellphones as they begin to corrode.

Hey, he's got a briefcase to block her, he'll be fine.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean, in which Cindy gets sent back to the farm system.

No, Cindy, stay there and do the 15 minute thing. We here in Cleveland have worked hard to rebuild our reputation, and we don't need you bringing it back down by becoming an anchor on Channel 5.

Non Sequitur

Nope, sorry, way not funny, Wiley. Gonna have to do the :ugh... wait.. here's better one:

:v:

Heavenly Nostrils

:)

9 Chickweed Lane 2/22/2003

Hermione?

Zits

And that's the real reason I originally got a Facebook account.

Kevin & Kell

And, there's the "Universal Life Church". Come on Lindisfarne. Just do it.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (February 25, 1967)

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

scarycave posted:

Little My being banished to deep space for being a dick:

Bumped because this needs some love. Little My has genuine rage-inducing capacity sometimes.

This comic's art style is disturbingly similar to that one by the crazy lady who eats rat-bitten mangos. Um. About the eco-terroridiots. I seem to have expunged her name and the strip title from my brain.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

TofuDiva posted:

Bumped because this needs some love. Little My has genuine rage-inducing capacity sometimes.

This comic's art style is disturbingly similar to that one by the crazy lady who eats rat-bitten mangos. Um. About the eco-terroridiots. I seem to have expunged her name and the strip title from my brain.

Stephanie McMillan of minimum Security?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

TofuDiva posted:

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Stephanie McMillan of minimum Security?

You said the accursed name!

Somebody owes Gemma Correll an apology. But only for that reason.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

EasyEW posted:

You said the accursed name!

Somebody owes Gemma Correll an apology. But only for that reason.

Yeah, that name. Thanks, I really did blank out on it.

Behold and compare. Eyes, linework, character forms, lettering. It's just weird that the style is so similar.

(Linked because, depending on your mindset, today's is quite possibly :nws:)

edit for clarity

TofuDiva fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Feb 22, 2014

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

TofuDiva posted:

Yeah, that name. Thanks, I really did blank out on it.

Behold and compare. Eyes, linework, character forms, lettering. It's just weird that the style is so similar.

Yeah it is weird how none of those things look at all similar between these two comics. :psyduck:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Dewgy posted:

Yeah it is weird how none of those things look at all similar between these two comics. :psyduck:

I'll grant that Correll is a much better artist overall, and her trucks and animals look like trucks and animals instead of vague blobby things. It just struck me that when she draws people, they have a lot of the same stylistic features as that other one did, and the association isn't pleasant. YMMV.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac Allows you to imagine the fuss, but doesn't show it.

Mmann
Dec 1, 2007

Kyoon Was Right
12/21/12
Four Eyes

vs

Min Sec

I'm gonna be honest. I don't see it.
Like.. cartoony arms without defined elbows maybe?
They're both done a sketchy/imperfect line work?

But I really don't see a stylistic resemblance beyond those super general things.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
Four Eyes looks more like imitation Kate Beaton to me than McMillan.

Edit: As long as I'm posting gotta let it out, the art in that Zachary Nixon Johnson whatever thing is technically competent but loving hideous. McMillan at her rat-bitten-fruit worst is more pleasant to look at, even with her non-Euclidean cars and facial features sliding all over the place.

bonestructure fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Feb 22, 2014

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

TofuDiva posted:

Not a chance. The neck and lack of balance screams McMillan. Thats and wanting most of the world to die.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Mmann posted:

Four Eyes

vs

Min Sec

I'm gonna be honest. I don't see it.
Like.. cartoony arms without defined elbows maybe?
They're both done a sketchy/imperfect line work?

But I really don't see a stylistic resemblance beyond those super general things.

I dunno why I bothered making this but hey, here it is.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Dewgy posted:

I dunno why I bothered making this but hey, here it is.

It's like what MacMillan could make if she wasn't crippled by insanity! Glorious!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Haven't posted this strip in a while. Better catch up.

Holy Molé

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

bonestructure posted:

Four Eyes looks more like imitation Kate Beaton to me than McMillan.

Yeah, this was my thought, too:

compared to:

They're not exactly the same but I definitely see an influence there.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin builds a house, Little My Terrorizes the Bureaucracy.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty
Huh, the nasty little goblin was actually helpful. That's nice, I was expecting her to be irritating until she got some comeuppance.

Well, okay, it's a mean little variety of helpful, but all the same.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

VictorGrunn posted:

Huh, the nasty little goblin was actually helpful. That's nice, I was expecting her to be irritating until she got some comeuppance.

Well, okay, it's a mean little variety of helpful, but all the same.

Her face when she's running back is adorable. She's so drat happy it worked, and when nobody's looking she stops the angry eyes. :3:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

She never looks more angelic than when she talks about violence against others. :)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There I was, driving along a dirt road at midnight, when suddenly my truck was engulfed in an eerie light. The next thing I know, it was two hours later, and I had posted Unidentified Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Alright, he's not in this one so I'm going to take a breather for now.

Ballard Street

Is this some super-strong Ballard Dog we haven't seen before, or is Trooper just being a jerk again?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

:cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail, in which Rusty cocks a snook.

Quincy, in which we examine the lighter side of food insecurity and the poverty trap.

Office Hours

• Locked thread