Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You won't get the best guns til endgame levels but since you can get all previous weapons in a given drop it can take a while to get inferno guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

dis astranagant posted:

You won't get the best guns til endgame levels but since you can get all previous weapons in a given drop it can take a while to get inferno guns.

Yeah, the lower mission drops of higher difficulties are the higher mission drops from the previous difficulty. There's definitely overlap.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

And every now and then an Inferno boss decides to drop you a Mirage Zero and Thunder Sniper Prototype just to be an rear end in a top hat.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

dis astranagant posted:

Wing Divers are basically designed to give everyone else weapon envy. Until the 1000000 damage derp guns for beating every stage on Inferno show up you won't see a single gun stronger than a Rapier of similar level and very few guns clear tunnels as quickly and safely as the Thunder Bow series.

Laser Chainsaw / lance or sniper depending on map

forever

that is all

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

dis astranagant posted:

And every now and then an Inferno boss decides to drop you a Mirage Zero and Thunder Sniper Prototype just to be an rear end in a top hat.

That's why, unless you're going for the super high end Inferno-only poo poo, you should play on Hardest. I think Inferno has the entire loot table to drop poo poo from, while Hardest gets just high level poo poo.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
E-D-mothafuckin F. It's time for more Bug shooting with DuCkSPANKER. Cause gently caress going outside. poo poo be cold.

I'll make one more check on the metatag before I do though, so y'all can quit crying at me.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Drakenel posted:

I'll make one more check on the metatag before I do though, so y'all can quit crying at me.

Post the password for the metatag so it can be put in the op. Then whoever adds themselves can log in and do so. That's how it works and has worked, forever.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
I'm on the 360 metatag. Starting the campaign on Hard. GT: BigDaddyCinco Someone tried to invite me to a party but I got an error when I hit join. Gonna play for a couple hours, stop to eat, then play more. Also I have no mic, which is probably for the best because my speakers are set to eleven and I occasionally cackle maniacally

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Luminous Cow posted:

I'm on the 360 metatag. Starting the campaign on Hard. GT: BigDaddyCinco Someone tried to invite me to a party but I got an error when I hit join. Gonna play for a couple hours, stop to eat, then play more. Also I have no mic, which is probably for the best because my speakers are set to eleven and I occasionally cackle maniacally

I'd join you but I just spent the last few days powering through the online campaign on hard so I don't want to re-do it quite yet. If anyone wants to play some midrange Hard missions (I think I'm up to like level 40) post here or message gimea rubdown through the metatag, I'll probably be on for a few hours too.

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu

Luminous Cow posted:

BigDaddyCinco

AWWW poo poo, my boy BigDaddyCinco! I recommend this man on his commendable horde killing skills.

Also, allegedly the developers were/are interested in doing a PC port and I guess some sacks threw up the obligatory PC port petition.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

rawdog pozfail posted:

I'd join you but I just spent the last few days powering through the online campaign on hard so I don't want to re-do it quite yet. If anyone wants to play some midrange Hard missions (I think I'm up to like level 40) post here or message gimea rubdown through the metatag, I'll probably be on for a few hours too.

I laughed super hard last night at "incoming message from Sydney, ...it's only a partial message... What does swallowed whole mean?" EDF is the best game this year I swear.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Neo Helbeast posted:

I laughed super hard last night at "incoming message from Sydney, ...it's only a partial message... What does swallowed whole mean?" EDF is the best game is yeari swear.

Ditto. Game is amazing in every way. Got 1 slot open on level 44 hard, join gimea rubdown through metatag or message me. I'll restart the mission if we're only a few minutes in when you join.

e: full, if we can ever get into a working game. people keep DCing upon load, never happened before!

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 24, 2014

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

rawdog pozfail posted:

Ditto. Game is amazing in every way. Got 1 slot open on level 44 hard, join gimea rubdown through metatag or message me. I'll restart the mission if we're only a few minutes in when you join.

I got disconnected :(

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Is the English DLC the same as the JP version's DLC? I missed the promotion and will have to end up buying it (not like I mind paying these guys every penny I can to get more sequels to this game.)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

rawdog pozfail posted:

Laser Chainsaw / lance or sniper depending on map

forever

that is all

Laser Chainsaw everyday.

Infinity Gaia posted:

That's why, unless you're going for the super high end Inferno-only poo poo, you should play on Hardest. I think Inferno has the entire loot table to drop poo poo from, while Hardest gets just high level poo poo.

Thanks, this should help! :dance:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
RIP short lived goonroom, we just didn't have what it took. I thought I'd be able to pull through and solo it or eventually revive one of you during that last run, so close.

If anyone has the weapons/armor for level 44 hard I'll still be online for a bit.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Doing missions in the forties as a ranger with only 214 armor does not end well.

Salsa McManus posted:

AWWW poo poo, my boy BigDaddyCinco! I recommend this man on his commendable horde killing skills.

Been a while :)

Salsa McManus
Jul 12, 2007

Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu Khezu
Holy poo poo. The credits song is a bunch of EDF solider shouts set to thrilling victory music.

GO GO GO GO GO EDF WILL NEVER TURN OUR BACKS!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

SilentW posted:

At this point, I'm pretty sure that insurance companies are classifying EDF-related damages as Acts of God.

"Allstate- You're in good hands, unless the EDF get deployed to your city, in which case you're on your own."

Let's be honest, insurance was going to gently caress people over whether it was GIANT INSECTS or EDF. I mean it's particularly Chaotic in the year 2025 where Obama has destroyed health insurance forever because of universal medical armor plating that made every civilian resistant to all conventional weaponry.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

rawdog pozfail posted:

Post the password for the metatag so it can be put in the op. Then whoever adds themselves can log in and do so. That's how it works and has worked, forever.

Son, you be stupid. No.

Also, level 13 is so chaotic. The first time we made the mistake of not bringing anyone with long range with the exception of my wing diver sniper rifle that drained the entire energy bar with each shot. (Everyone else was an air raider). Was crazy with people dying and fleeing to find another health pack. I think we actually cheered when the first transport ship went down cause it meant finally a relief in the constant wave of ants.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Are ion shields the easiest ones for dash cancelling? I can't get the rhythm on any of the other ones.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Drakenel posted:

Son, you be stupid. No.

"Hey do something that makes the process easier for everyone" "no, stupid" thanks

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

rawdog pozfail posted:

"Hey do something that makes the process easier for everyone" "no, stupid" thanks

What you're asking for is more like "Hey do something that makes the process for random people on the Internet to wreck our stuff easier."

The Games forum is randomly public, this would be a colossal mistake.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Obsurveyor posted:

What you're asking for is more like "Hey do something that makes the process for random people on the Internet to wreck our stuff easier."

It's what has been done with other games in the past and has never been an issue as far as I know! No one cares that much, it would probably happen now that you brought it up though!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

rawdog pozfail posted:

It's what has been done with other games in the past and this has never been an issue as far as I know! No one cares that much, it would probably happen now that you brought it up though!

It doesn't come up because people post them in the Private Games forum, not the public one. :tmyk:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Obsurveyor posted:

Thank you.

If this were a PGS thread, I'd be all 'sure, here you go guys.' But it isn't, so I won't. I don't actually have a problem checking in every day on it, I'm just talking poo poo about it cause I had a bad day in the cold.

Edit: And it really hasn't. Several metatags I've been in have been managed by someone with time on their hands. It's really not that big of a problem.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Obsurveyor posted:

It doesn't come up because people post them in the Private Games forum, not the public one. :tmyk:

I don't read that forum. I am talking about this, the games forum. Thank you for your paranoia though, purple gang tag people.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

rawdog pozfail posted:

I don't read that forum. I am talking about this, the games forum. Thank you for your paranoia though, purple gang tag people.

You could always create your own, since you're so bent out of shape about it. That might be too much work for tiny book reading bugs though.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Obsurveyor posted:

You could always create your own, since you're so bent out of shape about it. That might be too much work for tiny book reading bugs though.

:pwn:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

It's funny because bugs.

Seriously though, I don't really care to give out the password. I'm cool with keeping it up to date. I'm sorry if that inconveniences you?

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

rawdog pozfail posted:

You're being a lazy jerk. Please don't be that guy.

EDIT (just moved my content into the next post, whatever)

SilentW fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 24, 2014

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
I am sorry.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

It's cool, man. Let's talk about whats really important. The number of ways you can blow apart rear end in a top hat spiders.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Do some weapons have a lower percentage drop chance than others, or is it random? It feels odd that I'm getting lots of duplicates, but that could be confirmation bias.

Also, on PS3, playing splitscreen will give you weapon drops for both classes you and your friend are playing as, so if you'd like to 'level up' a class without actually playing it, you can start a splitscreen game and just play as a class you already have good guns for, leaving P2 to die at the spawn, and when you beat the mission you will probably get some drops for that class. This is great if you have a high-level Ranger but, say, would like to play Fencer at some point in the future and not be worthless.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SilentW posted:

Do some weapons have a lower percentage drop chance than others, or is it random? It feels odd that I'm getting lots of duplicates, but that could be confirmation bias.
Well, if you have almost all the weapons you can get at that level for that character class, of course it's gonna mostly drop weapons you already have. It's a signal that you should move up to another stage, or choose another character class.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

So, yeah, the red flyers?

gently caress them. How in the hell do you kill 'em on difficulties above normal?

I ended up randomly teaming up with Gyoru and we just kept getting stomped even as a 4 man team on that map where there's like only 10 of them.

When it was only me and Gyoru left, we switched it to normal and somehow the only answer I had left to these fuckers was firing as many Air Tortoise missiles as I could at them while rolling for my life.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

My answer to that and every tough enemy has always seemed to be high powered sniper rifles.

Yeah, you'd think that wouldn't work because of how fast they move, but there's always a point where the pause to turn around, and I just nail them then. Sure the red flyers are HP sinks, but just be sure to bring a high damage gun, I suppose.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I was terrified that this would be another 2017, but thus far my comrades and I am having a massive blast with this- there is absolutely nothing about giant insects + unwitting civilians + my wing diver escaping combat and leaving her companions to die that I do not like.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Finally hardlocked my xbox :allears: I love you, EDF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Sent a FR to the metatag, Gaming with goons is fun, EDF with goons will be glorious. my GT is AzMiLion