Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"Imagine a bulk My Little Pony pyramid scheme - but with Bitcoins!"

I'm willing to bet this already exists, in multiple specimens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
I think we killed it.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Spiritual Arts of Minds Eye Chronicles

I've seen some bad art in my time, but this one is some astounding poo poo. He's got 1 tier, $5, with a limit of two and a reward of...whatever this actually is, but he wants $50. He has 1 $1 pledge so far, which I can only assume is either a relative who doesn't even want a copy of this, or him.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Spiritual Arts of Minds Eye Chronicles

I've seen some bad art in my time, but this one is some astounding poo poo. He's got 1 tier, $5, with a limit of two and a reward of...whatever this actually is, but he wants $50. He has 1 $1 pledge so far, which I can only assume is either a relative who doesn't even want a copy of this, or him.

His other two projects have sadly fallen short as well.

Motley
Nov 1, 2013

Crust First posted:

His other two projects have sadly fallen short as well.

Maybe because they look exactly the same as his current project?

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Remember that Bell's Palsy-looking goober who got fired from Community for Kickstarting an unlicensed webseries based on his lovely Dr Who spoof character?

He's back! In flexible funding form!

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Remember that Bell's Palsy-looking goober who got fired from Community for Kickstarting an unlicensed webseries based on his lovely Dr Who spoof character?

quote:

Uncle Roderick - The Seventh Doctor himself, Sylvester McCoy ("Doctor Who," The Hobbit), will star as Uncle Roderick, an enigmatic part of the new cast of characters. His true identity is shrouded in mystery!

quote:

BERNARD - Robert Picardo (Star Trek: Voyager, Stargate: Atlantis) will be playing Bernard, the mysterious family physician... His true identity is ALSO a riddle to our hero!

quote:

ANNABELLE - Chase Masterson (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Doctor Who Big Finish) will be playing Annabelle Wagner! This endearing sister also has an untold story! It's smothered in secret sauce!

Read: I haven't finished writing the script yet!

e: He really hasn't!

quote:

Specifically, this campaign is geared at the Pre-production part of the movie. As soon as possible, we need to:
* Prep Feature script for shooting

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's good to see that Two-Face has finally cleaned up his act.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

But Inspector Spacetime was horrible. To the point that Community executives didn't allow him to use the name of the show. Why do people still give him money?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
LMFAO, the lowest tier to include the movie is loving $50. What an overinflated sense of self-worth.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
He's got to have nuked any kind of career by doing this, right? He was a tiny, bit-part which was a parody of a cult character, on a series with up-and-down success. He gets fired from that role, and then has several failed attempts to crowd fund a knockoff version of his bit-part parody. I'm struggling to imagine anything more depressing for an actor.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
I think he saw this as his one chance for success. He probably banked on the Whovians to accept him with open arms for some reason, and managed to not encounter a single human being who could put the brakes on his obviously harebrained scheme. "People love Dr. Who, right? I bet they'll also love things that aren't Dr. Who!"

In exchange, here's some cute photos to enjoy.

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

"A Game Like No Other"

"In Air - Third person, jet powered, colonial age warships collide with shocking power! On ground – First person strategy, Before unseen"

"Free to play MMO is the name of the game"

Along with a $2000 reward tier that gets you the opportunity to make this guy's game for him.

Only 9 hours left to get $40,000.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

WerewolfBarMitzvah posted:

"A Game Like No Other"

"In Air - Third person, jet powered, colonial age warships collide with shocking power! On ground – First person strategy, Before unseen"

"Free to play MMO is the name of the game"

Along with a $2000 reward tier that gets you the opportunity to make this guy's game for him.

Only 9 hours left to get $40,000.

Well, he failed catastrophically. I guess nobody liked his blender mockups.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

If you have ever wondered "How can I combine a cat tree and a spanking bench?" then this bipolar man (and probable messy fetishist) has your back!

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009

I was so goddamn worried that the furniture was intended to be used to engage your pets in BDSM play.
(Still not 100% sure it isn't)

Enilev
Jun 11, 2001

Domesticated
:nms: and possibly :nws:

If you want to pretend you're getting eaten by a giant dragon, there's now an Indiegogo project for "Bigger Badder Vore Toys".

Preview:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Enilev posted:

If you want to pretend you're getting eaten by a giant dragon, there's now an Indiegogo project for "Bigger Badder Vore Toys".

So these appear to be giant rubber vaginas you crawl into. How about that.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
This fine gentleman would like you to fund his book about how every bad thing is a false flag operation by the U.S. government. Complete with 9/11 project image!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

OrangeKing posted:

This fine gentleman would like you to fund his book about how every bad thing is a false flag operation by the U.S. government. Complete with 9/11 project image!

How do I know giving my money to this man isn't a signal to the NSA that they should kill me

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Crashbee posted:

So these appear to be giant rubber vaginas you crawl into. How about that.

ones a vagina, one's an esophagus

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nanomashoes posted:

ones a vagina, one's an esophagus

One man's vagina is another dragon's mouth?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Enilev posted:

Preview:

Delivery dates is all over the place too. Some is May '14, then Feb '15, March '15 then Feb '16.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Enilev posted:

Preview:

In case people thought this was one of those projects that was going to fail spectacularly, it looks like they'll easily make their goal and probably exceed it:

:suicide:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In case people thought this was one of those projects that was going to fail spectacularly, it looks like they'll easily make their goal and probably exceed it:

Jesus Christ, one guy's put in $6k ALONE.

:smithicide:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Vaginas you can stick your whole head into don't come cheap.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

in a couple of years when these things have been built and delivered, someone somewhere is going to suffocate to death inside one, and we'll have the best EMT story EVER.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Fetishists are such a gold mine god drat.

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Jedit posted:

Vaginas you can stick your whole body into don't come cheap.

The most expensive one is 'capable of swallowing the user whole'.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Crashbee posted:

The most expensive one is 'capable of swallowing the user whole'.
Oh hey, it's a hugbox you can jerk off in.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

kirbysuperstar posted:

My faith in humanity says it's the guy who started it or someone close to them. Still though

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

My faith in humanity says it's the guy who started it or someone close to them. Still though

My faith in mankind's capacity for humanity is being seriously eroded by dragonkind's capacity for cavernous vaginas. I fear the battle may already be lost. :smith:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Alan Smithee posted:

The guy was literally asked to do them. If there are people willing to pay thousands of dollars for a mannequin to gently caress, don't doubt others are willing to pay the same for a body-sized fleshlight.

Edit: like Fatkraken; the first thing I thought seeing this kickstarter is this headline "overweight guy found dead, covered with transparent goo in what appears to be a human-sized dragon throat prop".

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 11:39 on Feb 25, 2014

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Alan Smithee posted:

There are tons of people with fetishes and way too much money.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Niche kinks are loving expensive, man.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Pomp posted:

Niche kinks are loving expensive, man.

Tell me about it. I play 40k...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

7thBatallion posted:

Tell me about it. I play 40k...

Christ, man, even the dragon fetishist only plays 6k.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Jedit posted:

Christ, man, even the dragon fetishist only plays 6k.

GROAN

Be a balloon frtishest or a cake farter. Cost you like 20 bucks tops

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Another OEL manga project, and man the art is just FANTASTIC in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

semiavrage
Apr 28, 2007

I'll show them... I'll show ALL of them...
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/no-more-woof

A device to let your dog talk to you. Oh but it's just an idea, it doesn't work yet. BUT IT WILL! BECAUSE SCIENCE!

...they made 20k...