Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Roderick Strong vs. AJ Styles, ROH TV, 2/1/13

I meant to go back and (I think) fourth this. Though I regret watching this right before bed because of that nasty bump at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

projecthalaxy posted:

I seriously think that was the most impressive offense on Cena since like, MitB 2011. Cesaro just ragdolled him around for 15 minutes. Voting for MOTY

Extreme Rules 2012. But yeah, looked like a hell of match from what I caught. Hope the Cesaro push sticks!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I didn't see Raw but I did just watch

MOTYC: Iishi vs. Naito 2/11/14

Holy poo poo what a brutal match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Matt Hardy/Adam Cole vs Chris Hero/Michael Elgin vs The Briscoes from 2/15 ROH TV

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

projecthalaxy posted:

I seriously think that was the most impressive offense on Cena since like, MitB 2011. Cesaro just ragdolled him around for 15 minutes. Voting for MOTY

Bryan wrecked Cena at SS. People were literally posting that he was getting too much offense in about 20 minutes in and it probably meant a stupid AA was coming. For the record, I think that SS match is probably the best match I've seen in WWE since coming back, including the MITB match which I still think had a horrible ending even if it was clever-ish.

I loved the Cesaro match, and 5 more minutes or a title on the line would have put it over for me. Instead I'm just really excited I get to see Cesaro at mania with a big match (hopefully against Sheamus) because this set him up to go over huge there.

It's weird. Loved the match, but maybe it's not MOTYC for me.

I really like Cena right now, as well. He's been great since coming back, and he ran through a lot of the spots he ran with Bryan in SS in the Cesaro match which are really cool spots. The match had a similar in-ring narrative of that one with Cesaro bringing out a lot of indy moves to mix up Cena's WWE style and get him on the ropes, which Cena answers very well and really elevates both guys, just like it did at SS.

Still would only be a (meaningless) HM from me. Cesaro can get a good match out of any type of wrestler though, and that's just incredibly invaluable. He can do the fun lucha spins and play the strong man who throws small guys around, but still play the overmatched guy who can somehow get the behemoth giants off the ground for a big move, and then when you match him up against his similar types can just put on clinics with Sheamus and Cena. Very solid.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

MOTYC: Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan - WWE Elimination Chamber, 2/23

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Cardboard Box posted:

MOTYC: Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper & Erick Rowan - WWE Elimination Chamber, 2/23

yup yup yup

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

yeah that was real good

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

thirdn

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Thirding.

WATCH THAT loving MATCH

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cardboard Box posted:

Going to nth this.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

what it do

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Cardboard Box posted:

absolutely

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Cardboard Box posted:

Agreed. Holy hell that match was special right from the beginning.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Cardboard Box posted:

Agreed, so drat good.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Cardboard Box posted:

thirded

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

1000thing the Wyatts/Shield match from Elimination Chamber for MOTYC. God drat!

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Cardboard Box posted:

Goddamn yes, I don't think Wrestlemania has anything to top this.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Nth for Shield/Wyatts. Best match of all of their WWE careers.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Cardboard Box posted:

+1 on this. Holy poo poo this matched helped everyone.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cardboard Box posted:

Absolutely.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cardboard Box posted:

Close this thread, this is the winner.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Cardboard Box posted:

yessiryessir
absolutely

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Cardboard Box posted:

A match that made:

Wyatt look like a killer
Reigns look like Superman
Rollins and Ambrose carry a match, instead of their opponents
Harper serving as an insanely good base for high flyers
Rowan proving his gimmick is being green and dumb and is not actually green and dumb

ALL IN ONE MATCH

So yes, MOTY.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
WMOTYC - Cameron vs AJ Lee - WWE Divas Championship match - Elimination Chamber

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Batista posted:

WMOTYC - Cameron vs AJ Lee - Elimination Chamber

Second

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THAT MATCH WAS SO BAD THIRD

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Batista posted:

WMOTYC - Cameron vs AJ Lee - Elimination Chamber

THIRD SO HARD

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Batista posted:

3rd

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah lmao

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

Yep.

Batista posted:

YEP!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Batista posted:

1000thing this one too. :cripes:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is this what it was like to watch royal rumble 2003

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan posted:

is this what it was like to watch royal rumble 2003

The reverse, the terrible match was followed by the amazing match that year :sigh:

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Batista posted:

yeah

If this was the MMA thread I'd also nominate it for worst officiating with that late stoppage

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WMOTYC - Batista vs Del Rio - Elimination Chamber

The crowd did not give a poo poo about this match, and just did their own thing.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

WMOTYC - Batista vs Del Rio - Elimination Chamber

2nd

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

no, it was boring but it wasn't that bad

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Crowd hated it, Batista won with four moves, but I actually though it really showed off Del Rio's array of moves well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the match was fine get these posts out of here

• Locked thread