Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Shannonmcn posted:

Don't you disappear on us poopkitty.

Naah. I'm not going anywhere. That was my 1000th post though. It would have been a great stopping point.

It's adorable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

Yo Shannon, how're the haps.

Good morning fem thread knight defender :3:

Someone come make me get out of bed. Its 9.30 and I can't feasibly just read my emails from here all day and call it work.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Shannonmcn posted:

Good morning fem thread knight defender :3:
There's no way they can hate me more than they already do, so whatever

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

CJ your hair is amazing and makes me super jealous
boop :3:

Shannon, Hegel, I love you and that's why I insist you abandon femthread
just leave it, it's not worth it any more :smith:
take solovyov with you if you can, leave no one behind

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

vaguely posted:

Solovyov owns, but I honestly don't think she posts anywhere else.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Fem thread used to be so good though :smith:

Someone should extend an invitation to solovyov, why would any ladygoon not post here. She must not have noticed us.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Shannonmcn posted:

Fem thread used to be so good though :smith:
Yeah, I know.

quote:

Someone should extend an invitation to solovyov, why would any ladygoon not post here. She must not have noticed us.
A Very Serious Lawyer might look askance at spidervagging.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Surely after a hard day lawyering a good dose of spidervagging is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A daycare center I sent a resumé to a while back is calling for applicants again and they want me to come in for an interview. This would be my first in months.

WHAT DO I DO LADYGOONS

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Kinder bueno

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pththya-lyi posted:

A daycare center I sent a resumé to a while back is calling for applicants again and they want me to come in for an interview. This would be my first in months.

WHAT DO I DO LADYGOONS

GO FOR AN INTERVIEW!

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
Katy perry please go away

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Dongicus posted:

Katy perry please go away

Don't keep your sugar bowl uncovered because that attracts them.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Pththya-lyi posted:

WHAT DO I DO LADYGOONS
Dress the gently caress up, go in and loving smash that interview then supervise the living gently caress out of some children. For cash.

Good luck, that's great news :D

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
i read that as "smash the living gently caress out of the children" at first

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

That's an option too but not recommended for the interview.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013
or do what im doing right now, eating an entire packet of chocolate digestives

they'll be like "an entire packet? woah... look at this sarlac motherfucker"

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Pththya-lyi posted:

WHAT DO I DO LADYGOONS
DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT
DO IT DO IT DO IT
DO IT

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

WHAT DO I DO LADYGOONS

Wear fedora, say "I knew you'd call", then neg them.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Ok, awhile back (days? week? weeks? time is blurring with busy) someone posted something about a slow cooker recipe for ribs

I think it was hot and spicy or spicy and sour or something and I really wanted to try it

now I picked up ribs from the butcher on my lunch but can't remember the recipe

halp mystery ladythread rib poster

(or anyone with a 'do this delicious thing to ribs')

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

My favorite appliances are the slow cooker/crock-pot and the toaster oven. These are perfect inventions.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

My Nanny bought me a split slow cooker, I appreciated the thought but the two sections don't cook evenly :(

I drunk cut my own fringe a while ago, I butchered it but its grown out a little bit and no longer looks toooo awful. Right? :ohdear:

Or should I keep it pinned back for longer until my shame grows out?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Enfys posted:

Ok, awhile back (days? week? weeks? time is blurring with busy) someone posted something about a slow cooker recipe for ribs

I think it was hot and spicy or spicy and sour or something and I really wanted to try it

now I picked up ribs from the butcher on my lunch but can't remember the recipe

halp mystery ladythread rib poster

(or anyone with a 'do this delicious thing to ribs')
I posted about slow cooking ribs but not in a crock pot, just in the oven, for a dry rib barbecue thing. Was that it?

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Shannonmcn your fringe is adorable and you look like a beautiful fairy.

e:
Why time travel should be invented. I don't care what kind of butterfly effect I create.

RebBrownies fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Feb 25, 2014

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

My Nanny bought me a split slow cooker, I appreciated the thought but the two sections don't cook evenly :(

I drunk cut my own fringe a while ago, I butchered it but its grown out a little bit and no longer looks toooo awful. Right? :ohdear:

yeah you look cool

oh and reb brown is the man

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shannonmcn posted:

It looks super cute! You might want to go to a salon so they can razor cut it, which may help it lay a little better. They're super flattering though.

Bangs/fringe for life

RebBrownies
Aug 16, 2011

Dongicus posted:

yeah you look cool

oh and reb brown is the man

I love Reb Brown. Compilation of his finest moments below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df9EAyI_M2o

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

You're all delightful. Gonna go outside with it now and everything :dance:

I hate hairdressers which is why I cut it myself. Also rum. I need to break both those habits.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

vaguely posted:

CJ your hair is amazing and makes me super jealous

boop :3:

I've finally learned that when I come back after a day and see the thread has a load of new posts, it is always going to be terrible.

Anne Whateley posted:

I posted about slow cooking ribs but not in a crock pot, just in the oven, for a dry rib barbecue thing. Was that it?

I'm pretty sure it was a slow cooker recipe because that was the first time I had considered cooking ribs in a slow cooker. I'm not a huge rib person, so I thought I would try it since they might come out more tender, and I thought it was some kind of hot and spicy/sour thing as well, which I love. I think it was a couple-ish(?) weeks ago, and sadly it's not in the list of ladythread recipes to try I started copying from here.

Titty Warlord
Apr 28, 2013

RebBrownies posted:

I love Reb Brown. Compilation of his finest moments below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df9EAyI_M2o

Oh my god that is amazing

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Shannonmcn posted:

You're all delightful. Gonna go outside with it now and everything :dance:

I hate hairdressers which is why I cut it myself. Also rum. I need to break both those habits.

You are brilliant at drunk cutting.

Maybe I should take up drunk cutting as I really don't like going to hairdressers either and always put it off (like I am currently doing)

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Enfys posted:

I've finally learned that when I come back after a day and see the thread has a load of new posts, it is always going to be terrible.

I'm pretty sure it was a slow cooker recipe because that was the first time I had considered cooking ribs in a slow cooker. I'm not a huge rib person, so I thought I would try it since they might come out more tender, and I thought it was some kind of hot and spicy/sour thing as well, which I love. I think it was a couple-ish(?) weeks ago, and sadly it's not in the list of ladythread recipes to try I started copying from here.

I would think that slow-cooker ribs would be essentially braised ribs, and you normally see that with short ribs, because they require a lot of time to become tender. Not sure about back ribs though. My experience with too much liquid contact on ribs is that they toughen up, which is why most people use dry heat. If you find the recipe, be sure to give a report, I'm curious.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Enfys posted:

Maybe I should take up drunk cutting as I really don't like going to hairdressers either and always put it off (like I am currently doing)

Do it. Set up a live stream and we'll guide you. Its very satisfying.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Enfys posted:

I tried to cut my own hair and ended up with a mullet. Then I paid 13 at great clips to have somebody fix it. Totally worth it.

Honestly, the reason I hate going to the salon is because I hate making small talk with the hairdresser. Yay social anxiety!

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Enfys posted:

I mentioned something about pork loin that was hot and sour. So we have the right animal and the right flavors.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012
Also, even tho I mostly lurk, just wanted to say I love this thread. :)

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

grapey posted:

Honestly, the reason I hate going to the salon is because I hate making small talk with the hairdresser. Yay social anxiety!

This is it. Make me want to peel my skin off its so awkward.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Last time I got my hair cut, the stylist said it would cost extra to blow dry my hair. Wound up leaving with wet hair :( Is that normal?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Tempus Fugit posted:

I would think that slow-cooker ribs would be essentially braised ribs, and you normally see that with short ribs, because they require a lot of time to become tender. Not sure about back ribs though. My experience with too much liquid contact on ribs is that they toughen up, which is why most people use dry heat. If you find the recipe, be sure to give a report, I'm curious.

Thora posted:

I mentioned something about pork loin that was hot and sour. So we have the right animal and the right flavors.

Maybe I hallucinated/dreamed someone posting it? It's really weird though since I've had it in my head for awhile now to buy ribs to cook using the slow cooker recipe I saw in this thread, but I can't even find anything in my post history about trying ribs :confused:

Hmmm any suggestions on what to do with these ribs now in case the mystery (and possibly imagined) ladythread slow cooker goon doesn't return?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Enfys posted:

Maybe I hallucinated/dreamed someone posting it? It's really weird though since I've had it in my head for awhile now to buy ribs to cook using the slow cooker recipe I saw in this thread, but I can't even find anything in my post history about trying ribs

Hmmm any suggestions on what to do with these ribs now in case the mystery (and possibly imagined) ladythread slow cooker goon doesn't return?

Dry rub and do them low and slow in the oven, 200-225F for 3-4 hours. That's the easiest, no-fuss way I know how to do them. I have a smoker and I do them at that temp for 6 hours and they're amazing.

• Locked thread