Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Tiggum posted:

For Knox

To whom, also this sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Tiggum posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Johnny Walker posted:

Nice try, but I'm not falling for one of your edits, smart guy. Let me just look...oh hey, what do you know. Typo and everything.
I don't trust red coat lady. Why does she have an attorney if not as legal defense against potential criminal charges? Seems awfully convenient.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Tiggum posted:

I thought it'd be the lady, since she's the only one who actually has feet.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Borden posted:

I love Chief Dharma so bad

:v:

It really is the best little strip. Half the time I have no idea what's going on, but that's more than made for by moments like this one :allears:

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011
hello, what are days

Oor Broons

Now there's a punchline that's just begging to be taken out of context.

Johnny Hazard

Paging Jamie Hyneman!

Hmm. Post seems kinda incomplete somehow, but I'm at a loss for exactly what's missing. So instead I've arbitrarily decided to start posting week-long chunks of Skin Horse off of GoComics and you can't stop me.

Alexander pixel-loving Hamilton, I'm already sick of this poo poo. You got lucky this time.

TampaTango
Apr 12, 2007

COMICS CRIMINAL

Tiggum posted:

A podiatrist to cut toenails? Ever hear of a pedicure?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Rainbow-colored extinct birds walking around in suburbia would draw no attention at all.

This is one step away from a Kevin and Kell crossover.

Tiggum posted:

All of the men in this strip have hideous sucker-feet. Also, Inspector Danger constantly looks like he's hung-over.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Feb 25, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Stephen Collins

Britain's been a bit wet lately.

Momma

A joke so telegraphed you saw it coming 3 posts ago.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-De-sac is lucky they don't have a zero-tolerance policy.

The Creeps have Alzheimer's aids.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Oh come on Joe, I mean, "Atomic Tornado" seemed perfectly plausible. :v:

Yesterday's Heavenly Nostrils

And today's...

Here's yesterday's Kliban

:smith:

Kliban's Cats

That's a pretty dexterous catte!

9 Chickweed Lane 2/25/2003

People have their navels surgically removed? Seriously? That's a thing?

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Whatever. :rolleyes:

Nemi

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 7, 1926)

Peanuts (February 28, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

THIS STRIP IS UNFAIR TO TRANSVESTITES.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 28, 1956)

Out Our Way (July 7-8, 19240

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Argh, I want to like Rip Haywire but the needless dropping of restaraunt, pop culture, and et. al. references winds up annoying me every time.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Marmaduke circa 1968

Mike du Jour

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

:drat:

I'd just like to thank you for this strip--except for the occasional Finnish culture reference, your translations are seamless. It's a great strip. (In general, not just today's).

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

9 Chickweed Lane 2/25/2003

People have their navels surgically removed? Seriously? That's a thing?

Not deliberately, usually, but it's a side effect of an extreme tummy tuck.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Kevin & Kell

Whatever. :rolleyes:

She has a point.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

It's not Alzheimer's, he doesn't recognize Thin Creep because he has Prosopagnosia. I like the shape-changing couch.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So, the Phantom looks like he has enough money to buy off the national debt of most of Africa.

Kind of like a super-villain would.

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Dragongem posted:

Argh, I want to like Rip Haywire but the needless dropping of restaraunt, pop culture, and et. al. references winds up annoying me every time.

It's especially frustrating because every once in a while he'll dial it way back for a stretch, just long enough to start thinking maybe he's learned his lesson, but inevitably we're back to CHILI'S MACKELMORE HEY REMEMBER "ALIAS" in every loving panel before long. :(

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Wasn't it about this time last year that the Phantom spent the better part of an eternity trying to dope a lioness? And now he's dragging his feet on chloroforming this reporter. Coincidence?

Jim's Journal

And, hey... let's be careful out there.

Johnny Hazard

broads amirite

Krazy Kat

Well, back to the "reformation" gag, apparently. v:v:v

Classic Mandrake

"Iron men"??

Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future

Once again, I'm with Digby. Those helmets make the whole outfit look ridiculous.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Today, the boys get pantsed.

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Dragongem posted:

I actually thought today's Skyrim reference was pretty funny. Then he ruined it with the "arrow to the knee" joke. I don't mind the pop culture stuff in Rip, but what does bug me is the KA-SOUND EFFECT. I loved it the first time I saw it.... then I realized he does it for EVERY goddamn effect, which makes it much less funny.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Shoes for industry!

As if Steve Dallas would ever agree to that.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine

Frog Applause is all dada and stuff.

The Fusco Brothers doesn't really have a joke today.

Garfield is about a fat and lazy cat who loves lasagna and hates Mondays, despite not having to work.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Borden posted:

I love Chief Dharma so bad

I love that little micromachines truck so bad. There's one of them in the city where I live, I see it driving around from time to time, just being cute as hell. I've never been able to figure out what it's called or who makes it, but I want one.

EasyEW posted:

Pogo (February 28, 1956)

Those are the steely eyes of shishogan, the eyes of one who walks the road of meifumado. It would have been kinder of Churchy to kill her, rather than subject a child to the six paths and four lives of Catastrophe Comix.

Pooch Café

Holy poo poo. I'm going to break character here, I've been editing a dog covered in mummy bandages into every pooch café strip since the first mention of the hobo king from Dr. McNinja. I had no idea the story arc was actually going to lead to a goddamn dog made of bandages.

Ballard Street

Man, I once put a brick in a dryer just to see what happened, and it ended up in better shape than that.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
The Phantom is just a smug, thieving rear end in a top hat. Just because you stole it from the stealers doesn't give you anymore right to it.
Savarna deserves better than you!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

RandomFerret posted:

I love that little micromachines truck so bad. There's one of them in the city where I live, I see it driving around from time to time, just being cute as hell. I've never been able to figure out what it's called or who makes it, but I want one.

It sort of looks like an Isuzu delivery truck. Kind of like ths one:

We have one at the shop I work at that we use to move pieces of equipment around the yard. I've driven it a couple of times, and that little bastard is seriously badass. 4 speed, 4wd, it'll climb drat near anything. Ours only has a top speed of 50 mph, though. I guess they're really designed for city deliveries, and such.

RandomFerret posted:

Man, I once put a brick in a dryer just to see what happened, and it ended up in better shape than that.

Did it do what this one did in this Youtube classic?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

and a very special Hi & Lois. :drat:

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
What's the deal with the protagonist of Tina's Groove being so depressed-looking expressionless person in every strip, no matter the context?

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
If I remember correctly, those aren't her eyebrows, that's her hair.

Still, she always looks so devastated.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin Builds a House

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

SubNat posted:

Moomin Builds a House

A bird did this at our summer cottage. The eggs popped in the nest from the heat, we heard it from inside.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SubNat posted:

Moomin Builds a House

I love how Little My is still there, just reveling in their pain. She didn't go beat up that guy to help Moomin, she did it so that he could continue to subject himself to his own terrible architecture.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

CommaToes posted:

If I remember correctly, those aren't her eyebrows, that's her hair.

Still, she always looks so devastated.

Someone told Piccolo and she said "Oh, so she does. Huh!" and Tina kept her bangs.

I guess the joke is that Rose doesn't talk to her mother much?

Johnny Aztec posted:

The Phantom is just a smug, thieving rear end in a top hat. Just because you stole it from the stealers doesn't give you anymore right to it.
Savarna deserves better than you!

I respect the Phantom strip for keeping to its imperialist roots.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

RandomFerret posted:

Holy poo poo. I'm going to break character here, I've been editing a dog covered in mummy bandages into every pooch café strip since the first mention of the hobo king from Dr. McNinja. I had no idea the story arc was actually going to lead to a goddamn dog made of bandages.

I NEVER look close enough at the art to notice poo poo like that, so thank you for coming clean. God, you even mentioned it in the 'unidentified dog comix' post. :saddowns:

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Valiantman posted:

What's the deal with the protagonist of Tina's Groove being so depressed-looking expressionless person in every strip, no matter the context?

Her groove is The Smiths.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Green Intern posted:

Midnight Moth posted:

Safe Havens

Rainbow-colored extinct birds walking around in suburbia would draw no attention at all.

This is one step away from a Kevin and Kell crossover.

Almost, but in the Kevin and Kell universe being stalked and murdered by predators is A-OK, and the birds would just expected to accept it as a normal part of life.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

RandomFerret posted:

Pooch Café

Your edits are amazing and subtle. I didn't realize you had done it in more than one and had to go back and look through all of them again.

poo poo like this could have been avoided if Disney kept running that episode of Gargoyles. <:mad:>

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manuel Calavera posted:

and a very special Hi & Lois. :drat:

The joke is that yoga pants don't have pockets, right?

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Oh, Mary Worth, you always have the best derpfaces. :allears:

Luann

Apartment 3-G

Hoping for "Tommie's fiance's wife."

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

I'm pretty sure they'll think it was a tank. Were you planning to use something else?

MrSocko
May 14, 2004
Dry Clean Only

RandomFerret posted:

Pooch Café

That is ridiculously subtle and I thank you for doing it.

MrSocko fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Feb 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Riding around in the back of one of those little Korean utility trucks in the middle of monsoon season is as badass as it looks. I miss those trucks.

• Locked thread