Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

They need to get Konnan back on the sunday show. I wanted to like Alice because it was nice to have a female wrestling fan, but thinking back the only things I can think about are her talking about sex.

At least there's still Renee Young.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I hate it when podcasts blue ball the listener.

On the latest Steve Austin podcast he interviews William Regal. At one point he asks Regal his thoughts on Savage/Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3. Regal says he loved it until he talked to Ricky Steamboat about it, and now he's put off by it. Austin cryptically says he knows what he means, and then they just move on to the next topic.

So what the hell is this dark secret of Savage/Steamboat that can't be spoken of??

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

They're just talking about how Savage would always script his matches moment-to-moment as opposed to improvise the majority of the match. It's why Steamboat has said he prefers his matches with Flair over the Wrestlemania 3 match.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Grant DaNasty posted:

I hate it when podcasts blue ball the listener.

On the latest Steve Austin podcast he interviews William Regal. At one point he asks Regal his thoughts on Savage/Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3. Regal says he loved it until he talked to Ricky Steamboat about it, and now he's put off by it. Austin cryptically says he knows what he means, and then they just move on to the next topic.

So what the hell is this dark secret of Savage/Steamboat that can't be spoken of??

IIRC, Steamboat doesn't like the match because Savage insisted on planning everything out, as always. Regal probably thought it was awesome until he heard it wasn't called in the ring.

EDIT - beat like Liz.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They're just talking about how Savage would always script his matches moment-to-moment as opposed to improvise the majority of the match. It's why Steamboat has said he prefers his matches with Flair over the Wrestlemania 3 match.

It's odd they wouldn't just say that instead of being all mysterious about it. It's not like wrestling fans don't know matches are usually planned out to a certain degree anyway.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
That's the second time my avatar has confused you guys. This amuses me.

And you didn't let Goog have his 30 seconds to talk about TPP.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Draga posted:

That's the second time my avatar has confused you guys. This amuses me.

And you didn't let Goog have his 30 seconds to talk about TPP.

He spent way more than 30 seconds talking about how much he liked the team!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

It's really upsetting to me when Meltzer talks about Bo Dallas' great hair or smile or look when he's literally the most terrifying looking human being on the planet.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
MRT: Google angular momentum in regards to the Big E giant swing. Short version is that a larger radius swing will be easier to keep fast enough to stay up.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Memento posted:

MRT: Google angular momentum in regards to the Big E giant swing. Short version is that a larger radius swing will be easier to keep fast enough to stay up.

gently caress :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The legendary Jim from Virginia has a BlogTalkRadio show?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

PaybackJack posted:

They need to get Konnan back on the sunday show. I wanted to like Alice because it was nice to have a female wrestling fan, but thinking back the only things I can think about are her talking about sex.

I imagine that the "different outlooks" refers to a lot of MLW Radio fans hating her because she didn't add anything to any of those podcasts, and for a bunch of really sexist reasons I'm sure.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

PaybackJack posted:

He was on for a little bit at the end of this week's show. He's having a rough time with his bi-polar disorder, but he should be back soon.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

epitasis posted:

It's really upsetting to me when Meltzer talks about Bo Dallas' great hair or smile or look when he's literally the most terrifying looking human being on the planet.

yeah when he said that I was like "uh, what"

his stringy wet hair looks gross and his smile reminds me of cheshire cat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's kind of insane that when you see pictures of Bray and Bo together, it's Bo who looks like the creepy, crazy cult leader.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

It's kind of insane that when you see pictures of Bray and Bo together, it's Bo who looks like the creepy, crazy cult leader.

Bo looks more like a henchmen. The best cult leaders are somewhat attractive.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The song on tonight's Bryan and Vinny show was beyond awful.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
New episode of the Ross Report up.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

The song on tonight's Bryan and Vinny show was beyond awful.
This is not hyperbole.
I thought you were hating on Maple Leaf Rag and then everything went horribly wrong.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Grant DaNasty posted:

It's odd they wouldn't just say that instead of being all mysterious about it. It's not like wrestling fans don't know matches are usually planned out to a certain degree anyway.

I seem to recall Savage matches having far more organised spots then most. Instead of two or three key spots it'd be like "star inside -> outside, slam my head with a chair -> then inside I'll hit you with a suplex ->" etc etc I haven't watched them in a while, but I recall watching a bunch of Savage/Santana matches and you could call them spot for spot after two times or so. But they were drat good, the blow off return match where Savage wins for good and blades was really good.

So I just figure him and Savage did that match like twenty times on the house shows before Mania.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wrestlehut Pisscast Episode 28: Eiffel Tower

I am very tired I don't remember anything that happened on this show but whatever if you listen to the show you know what to expect and also Jack was there thank you Jack.

I forget what I promised to include in these show notes too help me out Karmine

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ep2o3vy1mssf6kp/028+Wrestlehut+Pisscast.mp3

oatgan fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 26, 2014

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

oatgan posted:

I forget what I promised to include in these show notes too help me out Karmine

mariakanellisacting.gif

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love the weekly call-in show.

"SUCK MY DICK WWE!!!! I know these things have first week problems, but you should have seen all of these in advance."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Karmine left out the great stipulation of Annulment vs. Title Shot.

Question for podcasts: What's your favorite ridiculous example of the kayfabe legal system?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Question for podcasts: What's your favorite ridiculous example of the kayfabe legal system?

Little People's Court

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

"Non-consensual time travel" was pretty awesome.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Determining ownership of children via a ladder match was a good one.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

e: i HAD to look for the picture, didn't i?

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Meat Recital posted:

Determining ownership of children via a ladder match was a good one.

Feud of feuds

e: everything about that is hilarious: the dimmed lights, eddie's shiteating grin on the cover, and the spelling of "storiez"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The worst is the right to rape a valet based off winning a match.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The new Attitude Era podcast is up.

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/bash-at-the-beach-2000

They give a good defence of Vince Russo but I disagree with all of their points.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Gonzo McFee posted:

The new Attitude Era podcast is up.

https://soundcloud.com/the-attitude-era-podcast/bash-at-the-beach-2000

They give a good defence of Vince Russo but I disagree with all of their points.

To be fair, they don't defend Russo as much as they say "Yeah, he was loving awful, but his intentions were good".

Hell, they have a massive run-down at the end of every bad idea Russo ever had. They really just make the defense that at least every guy on the roster had something to do, and he did take a crack at pushing younger guys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

To be fair, they don't defend Russo as much as they say "Yeah, he was loving awful, but his intentions were good".

Hell, they have a massive run-down at the end of every bad idea Russo ever had. They really just make the defense that at least every guy on the roster had something to do, and he did take a crack at pushing younger guys.

You also have to remember that this is their only experience with Russo WCW. They only get a small sample of the lovecraftian horror that was his booking.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I think watching the early tna ppvs Russo was involved with will make it impossible for you like anything about him

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I mean they mention the Russo is racist poo poo, but they did not see it in all its glory. They missed the fucken piñata on a pole match that was won by hitting someone with a tequila bottle.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Wario Kart 64 posted:

I think watching the early tna ppvs Russo was involved with will make it impossible for you like anything about him

Not a fan of main-eventer Glen Gilberti then?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

You also have to remember that this is their only experience with Russo WCW. They only get a small sample of the lovecraftian horror that was his booking.

Nah, they've watched some TNA.

I disagree with them saying that McMahon didn't act as a filter, especially since everything post those two years in WWE has been a perfect example of how he was filtered. There's giving everyone on the roster something to do which is a good thing but you have to remember that half of the ideas he had were to turn people into some form of sex offender or racist caricature. Also the whole " He didn't kill WCW" argument where while you can say that WCW was already on the downward slope you can't deny that Russo essentially cut the brakes and stuck a brick on the accelerator. I mean you can do that by pointing to the amount of fans that left in droves after he got in.

Also that list barely scraped the surface of the insane poo poo Russo did. I say you could replace Russo with any male 15 year old fan fiction writer and achieve pretty much the same as what Russo did.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Joyous news for MLW listeners:

I tried listening to Cornette's podcast and gave up sometime around when Radley read a poem she wrote about being an atheist.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I loved the revelation that Vinny's tech problems in today's B&V were in fact caused by Bryan being a idiot and/or dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

God the VinnyRu career rundown at the end of the latest AEPodcast is amazing

• Locked thread