Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Public service announcement, forty minutes until UK Amazon Prime subscribers get access to the re-branded Love Film streaming service.

Edit:

Wandle Cax posted:

Gosh that's such a wrong opinion it hurts. Season 1 is very good, but season 2 is actually really good too. Possibly even better. The addition of two *gasp* female characters is awkward at first but they soon fit in and do add another dimension and more character dynamics to the show. And the episodes where Mrs. Pucci actually gets caught up in the action are particularly funny and work surprisingly well. The action and stunts are still there and better than ever, so it dosen't lose anything as an action show, but overall the show has more depth in season 2, and is constantly good across all of the episodes. Even if you really didn't like the changes in season 2, I don't see how anyone could say it is "amazingly poo poo" if they claim to like season 1.

I'm at a loss for anything to say to something this wrong, so I'm just going to settle for gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Who's gonna do the Bates Motel thread? If there's one show more of you need to be watching it's that one. Season 1 is on Netflix so you can catch up in time for March 3.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I don't think the addition of Poochie and Ames did anything but ruin the dynamic that made Human Target fun in the first place. I want to see Chase hit on pretty girls and bro out with Guerrero and Winston, not worry about protecting Poochie's feelings because she flipped out about something stupid.

raditts posted:

He makes some pretty bad posts elsewhere too so it's really tough to say.

If you're not shitposting in nu GBS you're missing out.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

If you're not shitposting in nu GBS you're missing out.

If you're posting at all in "nu GBS" you're doing it wrong.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Public service announcement, forty minutes until UK Amazon Prime subscribers get access to the re-branded Love Film streaming service.

Edit:

I'm at a loss for anything to say to something this wrong, so I'm just going to settle for gently caress off.

Guess I should have known better than to reply to one of your shitposts anyway.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I agree with him concerning Human Target. The second season took away everything that made the first fun and basically added a ton of unneeded drama and BS.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Wandle Cax posted:

Gosh that's such a wrong opinion it hurts. Season 1 is very good, but season 2 is actually really good too. Possibly even better. The addition of two *gasp* female characters is awkward at first but they soon fit in and do add another dimension and more character dynamics to the show. And the episodes where Mrs. Pucci actually gets caught up in the action are particularly funny and work surprisingly well. The action and stunts are still there and better than ever, so it dosen't lose anything as an action show, but overall the show has more depth in season 2, and is constantly good across all of the episodes. Even if you really didn't like the changes in season 2, I don't see how anyone could say it is "amazingly poo poo" if they claim to like season 1.

If you're going to try to ape Irish Joe at least add a bit of something not completely wrong to make it vaguely believable that you aren't trolling. You could have led with the notion that S2 had more Guerrero, then launched into the troll, but you just leaned into it too hard too fast. Not even the most retarded of GBS 2.1 posters would fall for this one. F-

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK hang on is anyone here not trolling?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zoux posted:

Is this question fictitious?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

This post is a lie.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

IRQ posted:

If you're going to try to ape Irish Joe at least add a bit of something not completely wrong to make it vaguely believable that you aren't trolling. You could have led with the notion that S2 had more Guerrero, then launched into the troll, but you just leaned into it too hard too fast. Not even the most retarded of GBS 2.1 posters would fall for this one. F-

Have you actually watched all of season two? Because I was doubtful of it at first and the changes are a bit rocky in the first couple of episodes, but it turns into a good show. I will agree it loses much of the "bro" dynamic that made season one cool, but if you don't compare it directly to that, it does work on its own merits as a decent and enjoyable show. And it doesn't lose the original characters personalities entirely, Guerrero still has his moments when he's not being annoyed by the little girl, and Chance is still likable action guy. It's a different show in season two to be sure but like I said it's still got all the action and it does work if you can accept Mrs Pucci (Who's name is literally Poochie, how brilliant is that).

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Wandle Cax posted:

Have you actually watched all of season two? Because I was doubtful of it at first and the changes are a bit rocky in the first couple of episodes, but it turns into a good show. I will agree it loses much of the "bro" dynamic that made season one cool, but if you don't compare it directly to that, it does work on its own merits as a decent and enjoyable show. And it doesn't lose the original characters personalities entirely, Guerrero still has his moments when he's not being annoyed by the little girl, and Chance is still likable action guy. It's a different show in season two to be sure but like I said it's still got all the action and it does work if you can accept Mrs Pucci (Who's name is literally Poochie, how brilliant is that).

Guerrero reacts to the new girl characters exactly the way we reacted. He felt they were annoying, added nothing but problems, and wanted nothing to do with them.

Basically Guerrero owns. :colbert:

Edit: and all this might have been tolerable if they hadn't gone and changed the theme music which was simply inexcusable.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hollylolly posted:

Edit: and all this might have been tolerable if they hadn't gone and changed the theme music which was simply inexcusable.

*Fires Bear Mother loving McCreary*

*adds lovely needle-drop songs from Chuck*

Quality.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Yeah the music was a downgrade.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The stupidest thing about Human Target season 2 was how Mrs Pucci took over and everyone was perfectly fine with it and just acted like she was the boss.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Also what pissed me off was the first season was about barely getting by and doing jobs for money and so forth where the second season they just threw tons in of money and poo poo got high end.

I liked seeing broke fucks try to make it doing awesome jobs with just their skills.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also in the first season it felt like they were helping whoever came to him needing help. While the second season was just all "old buddies" or personal matters.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
The second season was an unending, uninspired cavalcade of cliche and cuntery. It was everything wrong with 80's action programmes but with a 90's xtreme twist. In 2011. It was, top to bottom, bumjuice.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Fateo McMurray posted:

If you're posting at all in "nu GBS" you're doing it wrong.

I don't know where to even discuss this, as I rarely venture outside of TVIV and TG, but what's the deal with that? Is GBS permanently going to be that way, now?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I'm the same as you so I don't have a clue. I assumed it was another brilliant brainstorm that'll haemorrhage users until whoever instituted it gets bored.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Wandle Cax posted:

Even if you really didn't like the changes in season 2, I don't see how anyone could say it is "amazingly poo poo" if they claim to like season 1.

I balked at the second-season changes (obviously due to very heavy-handed network notes) but the burglar girl turned out to be a fun friend for Guerrero. And then they had to go ahead and force a will-they-won't-they thing on Chance and his new lady boss. Ugh. Too bad, it was a fun show that was forced to be something it wasn't.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I don't know where to even discuss this, as I rarely venture outside of TVIV and TG, but what's the deal with that? Is GBS permanently going to be that way, now?

It's a place where you can post whatever you feel like talking about basically, so if there's stuff you miss from old GBS just make a thread about the same stuff and hope it catches on.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

VorpalBunny posted:

I balked at the second-season changes (obviously due to very heavy-handed network notes) but the burglar girl turned out to be a fun friend for Guerrero. And then they had to go ahead and force a will-they-won't-they thing on Chance and his new lady boss. Ugh. Too bad, it was a fun show that was forced to be something it wasn't.

I could definitely have done without the love interest angle. It would have been better if they just kept it as an argumentative boss-hero relationship with an underlying mutual respect. But I can't say it wasn't at least a fun show when Chance beats up about 10 guys blindfolded in the Die Hard at the opera house episode, or when he uses a hanging Santa's sled in a shopping mall to take down the bad guy, or the excellent Guerrero prison break episode.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Wandle Cax posted:

I could definitely have done without the love interest angle. It would have been better if they just kept it as an argumentative boss-hero relationship with an underlying mutual respect. But I can't say it wasn't at least a fun show when Chance beats up about 10 guys blindfolded in the Die Hard at the opera house episode, or when he uses a hanging Santa's sled in a shopping mall to take down the bad guy, or the excellent Guerrero prison break episode.

The one thing the writers did right was to keep the three guys the same characters despite being forced to add in a lady boss/sugar momma for no good reason and a girl burglar. All it did was remind me of how much better the chemistry was in the cast in season 1 though. I did enjoy most of season 2 but it was never as good as the first season was.

Edit: I'm beginning to realize not much gets me more wound up than talking about Human Target s2 :supaburn:

hollylolly fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 26, 2014

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

I don't think I've ever posted anything I didn't sincerely mean, and that actually includes the couple weeks I posted in GBS 2.0 before getting incredibly bored of it. I really hate ironic shitposting. I mean, "casual" posting where one can use internet slang (like in the Games "general chat" thread) is fine, but that's different.

Oh, and I think Pick still makes amusing posts in the lady-chat megathread, but I haven't looked in months.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

I'm the same as you so I don't have a clue. I assumed it was another brilliant brainstorm that'll haemorrhage users until whoever instituted it gets bored.

Actually I think FYABYOGBS has been successful at bringing in money, because it was originally supposed to only last a month IIRC.

e: heh. "gently caress You And Bring Your Own General Bullshit" is pretty much spot on even though I did it by accident.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

savinhill posted:

It's a place where you can post whatever you feel like talking about basically, so if there's stuff you miss from old GBS just make a thread about the same stuff and hope it catches on.

If it gets through the first page barrage of unfunny poo poo from wannabe posting superstars, that is.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

precision posted:

Actually I think FYABYOGBS has been successful at bringing in money, because it was originally supposed to only last a month IIRC.

e: heh. "gently caress You And Bring Your Own General Bullshit" is pretty much spot on even though I did it by accident.

Actively running the website in a quest to turn a profit seemed to fall by the wayside years ago, now I'm just assuming the forums will keep on rolling until what money they do generate stops coming in at which point - bye everyone!

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006
I'm gonna go ahead and believe that Gotham script is real. I remember when the script for the first episode of Game of Thrones leaked, there was a lot wrong with it so people thought it was fake. Like some lines that used pretty modern vernacular and were also out of character. It was the real script and they kept those bad lines. (I still like the show quite a bit however.) And that was HBO with a giganto-budget. Fox making Gotham bad and stupid is not surprising at all to me then. People will probably watch it anyway for the same reason I watch Agents of SHIELD. 'Cause it'll be okay maybe and there's not a lot of currently airing competition.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

raditts posted:

If it gets through the first page barrage of unfunny poo poo from wannabe posting superstars, that is.

Yeah, people just posting for the sake of posting without actually trying to make a joke that hasn't been said a ton of times already does get real old real quick.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Apparently A&E is doing a live after show for Bates Motel's new season.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

zoux posted:

List of comic book properties made into TV shows that didn't completely suck. I don't mean not very good, I mean, complete trainwreck disaster of a show:

1. Arrow
2.???????????????????

You forgot The Incredible Hulk, too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this? posted:

Apparently A&E is doing a live after show for Bates Motel's new season.
Talking Bates with Chris Hardwick?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Anyone heard anything about The Red Road?

Ravane posted:

The child actor in Ben and Kate (red-haired kid) has a small role in Star-Crossed. For a kid that young, she's actually a decent actor.

Star Crossed's pilot actually looks pretty interesting. If you like science fiction in general, you might like it.

I don't know, it felt like a definite step down from CW's other offerings (although The Tomorrow People wasn't great either). Only saw the first episode, granted, but it didn't really do much with the premise.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Y'all better check this out:

quote:

METAL HURLAN CHRONICLES (SERIES PREMIERE)

Premieres Monday, April 14 at 10 & 10:30PM – Based on the popular comics anthology Metal Hurlan, each of the 12-episodes (comprising Seasons 1 & 2) take place on a different planet with a different cast, linked together by the presence of an asteroid, which plays a vital role in their lives – and the future of their civilization. The international cast includes James Marsters, Rutger Hauer, Michael Jai White and Joe Flanigan.

Rutger Hauer AND Michael Jai White? Sign me the gently caress up.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Xandu posted:

Anyone heard anything about The Red Road?

The pilot was pretty good. It's hard to tell from it where exactly the plot will go except that it's character driven and will involve crime on the reservation.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Talking Bates with Chris Hardwick?

This made me think of a small burger place by my house called Bates and they have the most delicious burgers around. I would absolutely watch Talking Bates with Chris Hardwick if they talked about how incredible those burgers are.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does whoever made that Unified TV Universe Theory keep it updated? Because Chicago PD is crossing over with SVU, which adds both Chicago PD and Chicago Fire to the web of crazy.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Here's a big question: is Rawhide worth watching for someone who isn't a huge Western guy? I had no idea Eastwood was in it until now and I love the Man with No Name trilogy. If it's goofy I'm probably not interested, but if I can buy a random DVD season and enjoy each episode as a short classic Western I could be into that if it holds up.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

GreenNight posted:

Y'all better check this out:

Rutger Hauer AND Michael Jai White? Sign me the gently caress up.

It's poo poo. Really really poo poo. Each episode is a bad high-school play based on a mediocre sci-fi story and performed in front of a cheap green screen.

• Locked thread