Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Nesetril posted:

^^^ It's 1:4:9, what is wrong with you?

Only in the book, it's 1:3 in the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

ShufflerZero posted:

Asleep on the job again? You're fired Thompson!

Something is wrong with my brain... I thought that said GRANDAD Presents, and it made it creepy on a whole new level.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nesetril posted:

Requiem for a Dream.

Are you saying the rectangle is supposed to be an obtuse triangle?

Edit: oh yeah, depth.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I want to see whatever The Maze is so bad.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Canned Panda posted:

Something is wrong with my brain... I thought that said GRANDAD Presents, and it made it creepy on a whole new level.

Thought so too, though my reaction was "that's awesome. Someone should totally do something like that with their studio name."

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Canned Panda posted:

Eh, there was a whole series of those in the 80s.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Ahahah:

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Criminal Minded posted:

The Dark Knight :smug:

You're obviously a cinema genius like me :smug:

I saw a child playing with a ruby the size... of a tangerine

Hand of the King
May 11, 2012

Nikaer Drekin posted:

You're obviously a cinema genius like me :smug:

I saw a child playing with a ruby the size... of a tangerine

What scene is this again...?

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Hand of the King posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuTLMp6Ytw

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Hand of the King posted:

It's already been kinda stated but it's the scene where Alfred talks about the bandit in India, when they tried to bribe him and he simply gave away the bribe. It prefaces his comment about "there's some people who just want to see the world burn".

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Franz von Dada posted:

Hey look, I made my very own minimalist poster. I'm quite an artist.

Get it? GET IT?

This one is still better than the snail one because the Monolith is a significant part of the film.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

wyoming posted:

Eh, there was a whole series of those in the 80s.

I love that both of these were both done by the Rifftrax crew in one form or another. Grampa would approve!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I kind of want to see minimalist posters for the Brando version of The Island of Dr. Moreau now. Has there already been a 'lovely Minimal Posters' Photoshop Phriday thread?

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I'm not mad about the blu ray cover for Tourist Trap.

Here is the original.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grampa NO!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Young Freud posted:

It's already been kinda stated but it's the scene where Alfred talks about the bandit in India, when they tried to bribe him and he simply gave away the bribe. It prefaces his comment about "there's some people who just want to see the world burn".

I love how everyone is dumb in that movie.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Nesetril posted:

It's 1:4:9:16:25:36:etc :smug:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I was looking for a Close Encounters poster on Imp Awards and found this banger.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Dr. Killjoy posted:

:rolleye:
So profound.

Did he just not bother to remove the razor's reflection, or did he not realize that metal objects reflect their surroundings?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah I thought that poster was good until I noticed... the Paramount mountain?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Anthony Mackie loving rules, though, so I'm excited to see him in it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Falcon is one of the first black superheroes.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Falcon is one of the first black superheroes.

The first black superhero not to have "Black" in his name.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

This one's floating around the internet:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Hancock Jr.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

MikeJF posted:

This one's floating around the internet:

What's going on here?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Cacator posted:

What's going on here?

Apparently it was in a Reddit post called "Fixing the colossally broken anatomy in Falcon's Winter Soldier poster."

quote:

They've spliced a bunch of photos together not at all well - the angle is looking up at the character but likely due to the people in charge wanting the focus to be on the face, they've made the upper torso twice as big as it should be. The legs are completely off and far too short, his butt is way higher than his crotch, and his torso is as long as his legs. Oops.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
How come I have a feeling that this is gonna be spurned as MRA 'SEE! MEN ARE JUST AS HORRIBLY PORTRAYED AS WOMEN IN ADVETISEMENTS!'. Cause that's just dumb.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

How come I have a feeling that this is gonna be spurned as MRA 'SEE! MEN ARE JUST AS HORRIBLY PORTRAYED AS WOMEN IN ADVETISEMENTS!'. Cause that's just dumb.

Cool.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If they need his torso that big, why not keep the legs in proportion and crop at the knees/shins? Is it important that we see his boots?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 26, 2014

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Teenage Fansub posted:

If they need his torso that big, why not keep the legs in proportion and crop at the knees/shins? Is it important that we see his boots?

And right there you've summed up the problem with current photoshop users. We've become so fast with it that cropping isn't the first thought anymore.

Also it became apparent that the majority of people will believe anything they see if it's a photo.

I think that might have started when we saw that the world completely accepted the idea that women could exist without hips.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I dunno, I think it looks fine generally, it's not as obnoxious as the women's photoshopping usually is, anyways.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
He's wearing Bieber-style drop crotch trousers

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

sassassin posted:

He's wearing Bieber-style drop crotch trousers

For that sophisticated 'pooed your pants' look.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

Hat Thoughts posted:

I dunno, I think it looks fine generally, it's not as obnoxious as the women's photoshopping usually is, anyways.

I can't help but get on a soap box about this, sorry.

Most people don't notice how crazy the anatomy in something like this is. They see it's a photo and they just assume he's built that way. Designers all copy each other, and if the superhero physic gets popular enough we start to bring it into fashion photography. Once fashion uses it, advertising does. It's not long until every photo of a man you see looks like a Rob Liefeld drawing. It becomes the standard by which we judge a man's beauty. One that cannot under any circumstances be obtained.

I'm still pissed at Calvin Klein for causing the washboard ab craze. A look I can't get Without makeup and carrying around a really good lighting rig.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t33yeVlqBFQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKjiDhUlHxI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Iron Man's suit is a helluva lot more impressive in what it can do but is a lot less busy. Clasp 'n' Stud Man!

Also, a t-shirt?