Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
New figure four daily with Konnan and Dr. Lucha. Looking forward to all the "Boom" I can handle and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

LividLiquid posted:

http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-02-24-14/

RAW.

Also, we're looking for feedback, which means we are actively inviting you to poo poo on our show. Be mean. We're adults, and we just want to put out a quality product. Go nuts.

I found it to be pretty enjoyable! I like the camaraderie and the enthusiasm; great graphic as well! My main bit of criticism is that there are times when you guys sudden get loud and leave me wincing as I reach for the volume control. That said, you guys have a better grip on the audio than some other podcasts I listen to.

That particular episode did seem to end abruptly, though. I had to switch over to see if I'd got caught buffering.

I'm not sure if you've heard of it, but The Place To Be podcast has a bit in common with you. It may be worth checking them out.

While it might be more trouble that it's worth giving editing and copyrights, some low background music may help things seem a less stark.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is Will Borchert not on the Network version of X-7?
I thought his interview was right after the Undertaker match but they cut to Rock/Austin stuff.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ghostpilot posted:

I found it to be pretty enjoyable! I like the camaraderie and the enthusiasm; great graphic as well! My main bit of criticism is that there are times when you guys sudden get loud and leave me wincing as I reach for the volume control. That said, you guys have a better grip on the audio than some other podcasts I listen to.

That particular episode did seem to end abruptly, though. I had to switch over to see if I'd got caught buffering.

I'm not sure if you've heard of it, but The Place To Be podcast has a bit in common with you. It may be worth checking them out.
Thanks for the input! I used to use the Levelator to prevent the problem you're talking about. I'll give that another shot. Thanks.

Also, the abrupt ending of interrupting a new conversational point with "WE'REOUTTATIMEWE'LLSEEYOUONTHUNDER" is how we close every show. It's a joke at WCW and Tony Schiavone's expense.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is Will Borchert not on the Network version of X-7?
I thought his interview was right after the Undertaker match but they cut to Rock/Austin stuff.
DVD goes Taker win - Ad for The Rock's new single - Will Borchert interview.

edit: holy poo poo The Rock sells the beating he takes well.

Memento fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Feb 27, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Awesome Gene Kiniski story on tonight's WOR.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

I mean they mention the Russo is racist poo poo, but they did not see it in all its glory. They missed the fucken piñata on a pole match that was won by hitting someone with a tequila bottle.

They mentioned it at the retrospective at the end.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

They mentioned it at the retrospective at the end.

They mentioned the match, but not all the surrounding poo poo about the match. It was just a piece of the poo poo.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Those are different matches anyway. Piñata on a Pole was a multiman match that ended when Silver King picked the piñata up off the floor and Dr Death ran in and laid everyone out.

The tequila bottle was the finish to the Juvi/Liger jr heavyweight title match that made NJPW real mad

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

oatgan posted:

Those are different matches anyway. Piñata on a Pole was a multiman match that ended when Silver King picked the piñata up off the floor and Dr Death ran in and laid everyone out.

The tequila bottle was the finish to the Juvi/Liger jr heavyweight title match that made NJPW real mad

Oh my racist angles combined into one horrible angle. When are the Russo nitros going up?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That wily Karmine.

Pisscast: Favorite Prog album cover?

NienNunb fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 28, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Main Event Superstars Podcast for 02/28/2014!

Come and join me as I review this week's Main Event and Superstars!

Subscribe: http://feeds.feedburner.com/MainEventSuperstars
Now on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/main-event-superstars-podcast/id826620591?mt=2

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

NienNunb posted:

That wily Karmine.

Pisscast: Favorite Prog album cover?

Thick as a Brick or In the Court of the Crimson King as far as I'm concerned.

Oh new Main Event Superstars!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

IIRC, they refused to acknowledge the title change, then ran Juvi vs Liger anyways and had Liger go over fairly decisively.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Giantbomb wrestling podcast is free this time around. It's not a total marky-mark podcast, but it's not exactly Wrestling Observer Radio.

edit: And it's always fun hear fans say "This is what WWE is thinking" and knowing "No, it's really not."

double edit: Miscues aside, I think Gerstmann is funny enough that it's worth a listen.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 1, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Area 51 "The Man The Government Denies" would be such an awesome gimmick.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

Area 51 "The Man The Government Denies" would be such an awesome gimmick.
I'm still baffled that somebody is actually named Strong Man.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Dave told an awesome Billy Robinson story on the podcast today.

So, when Billy Robinson was in Japan, he always loved it when all the shoot guys in the Japanese promotions would tell them about how they were trained by Royce Gracie or Helio Gracie or Rickson or Renzo, and how proud they were of being trained by the Gracies. Billy Robinson would just smile and respond with one sentence.

"I trained Sakuraba. :smug: "

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Punch/Pisscast: Who was the best Scooby Doo guest star? Also who was the worst and why is it Brodus Clay?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

To the Pisscasters: how often does Karmine get told he sounds like Nick Kroll, and is he the villain of your show in the same way Nick Kroll is the villain of The League?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Taking well over an hour to levelate the show on this laptop, so while the volume problems will theoretically be solved, we won't be as early as we usually are.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Defiance Industries posted:

To the Pisscasters: how often does Karmine get told he sounds like Nick Kroll, and is he the villain of your show in the same way Nick Kroll is the villain of The League?

The villain of The Pisscast is the Punchsport Podcast.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

NienNunb posted:

The villain of The Pisscast is the Punchsport Podcast.

A villain needs to have some measure of competency for them to be worthwhile.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Monday Night Raw.

http://shootcast.org/wwe-monday-night-raw-for-03-03-14/

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Defiance Industries posted:

A villain needs to have some measure of competency for them to be worthwhile.

Punchsport podcast is the Snidely Whiplash of PSP.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Punchsport Podcast is the black sheep of the family.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT EPISODE 50
Conversations like a puzzle that needs to be pieced together.

I may have decided to not edit the last 4 topics.

I have been sick [not audible: my disgusting barf noises] and decided to do Topic #1 but when there were some Skype issues I figured I might as well stay the whole time just in case. Goog/KFG/MRP also all on.

A big thanks to everyone who listens or has listened in the past. FIFTY EPISODES yeaaah.

THE TOPICS

01.) RAW (Which also got some more talk in Topic 2).
02.) The Chicago Crowd and CHANTING OTHER PEOPLES NAMES DURING MATCHES. (Which also got a good amount of talk in Topic 1).
03.) NXT ArRIVAL
04.) From Swagger Dagger: How would you rehabilitate Randy Orton, if you think he can be the top heel?
05.) From Rodney the Piper: Favorite/Least Favorite wrestlers who got big, long, sustained pushes but ultimately went nowhere?
06.) From Wazzu: Is there anyone who could actually get over with a losing streak gimmick?
07.) From Thauros: Besides Shinsuke/Okada, what fresh matches do you want to see in New Japan?
08.) From BlueArmyMan: What's the ideal number of members in a stable?
09.) From Draga: What are the best wrestler names? Is Big Daddy Yum Yum one of them?
10.) From NienNunb: Book a UFC/WWE supershow. Every title, including the tag titles, can be defended.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 4, 2014

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
My avatar is a PPG version of myself wearing Taokaka from Blazblue's jacket. Be confused no more.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Draga posted:

My avatar is a PPG version of myself
That's a cat. :colbert:

Question for the podcasts: after Heyman called Brock "Barack Lesnar" I shopped a photo of him behind the Presidential Podium. It got me thinking, we know wrestlers in the past like Ventura have become politicians. Which wrestler do you think would run for office after they retire?

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

So, I've recently started getting WAY more into wrestling and didn't really ever think about listening to wrestling podcasts, but I'm an avid giant bomb fan, so I just listened to the latest Powerbombcast and I loved it.

What else should I listen to that is similar to that?

What's all the hubbub around the observer? Is that what I should be listening to? I don't know!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Aardvark Barber posted:

So, I've recently started getting WAY more into wrestling and didn't really ever think about listening to wrestling podcasts, but I'm an avid giant bomb fan, so I just listened to the latest Powerbombcast and I loved it.

What's all the hubbub around the observer? Is that what I should be listening to? I don't know!

The Observer refers to Wrestling Observer Newsletter/Figure Four, which is written by as close to an authority on wrestling, Dave Meltzer. You don't really HAVE to read it, because A. it has a subscription fee and B. often stories from it get reported elsewhere (including this forum) anyway.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Aardvark Barber posted:

You should listen to the Wreslehut Pisscast. There are people who will tell you to listen to the Punchsport Podcast, but they aren't your friends.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Aardvark Barber posted:

Wrestlehut Pisscast. Best wrestling podcast on the internet. Don't care if they're not at all similar, the Pisscast owns.

E: gently caress you Karmine.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you can swing $10.99 a month, an Observer subscription is pretty worth it because you get a ton of podcasts each week (informative ones with Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez, a bi-weekly Lance Storm which is fairly good, a few Karl Stern classic wrestling show podcasts a month and more) plus the Observer newsletter, which is THE wrestling publication and includes a lot of great bios and stuff throughout the year if you're into wrestling history.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
And if you're in to stoners laughing over bad wrestling, there's the Bryan and Vinny show with a huge archive.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Meat Recital posted:

And if you're in to stoners laughing over bad wrestling, there's the Bryan and Vinny show with a huge archive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMrjQCO1Pw

One of the high points of Bryan and Vinny.

BISCHOFF...SOLD FOR THE BIRD!

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMrjQCO1Pw

One of the high points of Bryan and Vinny.

BISCHOFF...SOLD FOR THE BIRD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzlqnF3Qb2E

If the review of the UWF doesn't sell you on B&V then don't bother

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm still frustrated I cant find the UWF PPVs online anywhere.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Meat Recital posted:

I'm still frustrated I cant find the UWF PPVs online anywhere.

I bought the first show on DVD for Oatgan while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jubs posted:

Punchsport Podcast is the black sheep of the family.
Ahem.

• Locked thread