Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Subaru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Serious Cephalopod posted:

Ladies, what car should I buy?

Thinking used smart car so I can park reasonably near my apartment

Scion. iQ or xB. I love my xB. And my bB. I have both, one for Japan and one for the US. Thing is a freaking tank, tons of room and great gas mileage. But only if you can drive a stick.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

WEEDLORDBONERHEGEL posted:

you have a long history with people too stupid to know where racism is (this, your kid with the "nazi" t shirt)

Thare are a lot of idiots and racists in the military. And they breed and marry each other. Often I fear for humanity.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

poopkitty posted:

Scion. iQ or xB. I love my xB. And my bB. I have both, one for Japan and one for the US. Thing is a freaking tank, tons of room and great gas mileage. But only if you can drive a stick.

I can't, but I'm definitely willing to learn.

I'm going to have to spend more money than I was planning for an IQ, but maybe.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I can't, but I'm definitely willing to learn.

I'm going to have to spend more money than I was planning for an IQ, but maybe.

They come in Automatic, but I found them to be terribly underpowered. I probably have bias, though, as I learned on a stick and rarely drive anything else. I can't drive stick here (separate license) and I still look for the clutch. Every. Time.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
lambo or ferrari are p good cars so id go w that

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Ladies, what car should I buy?

Thinking used smart car so I can park reasonably near my apartment

Where do you live? How far do you drive on a daily basis?
Smart Cars are great as long as it's not too snowy and you're not doing serious commuting. Fiat 500s are not much more expensive but are 100x more comfortable and stylish inside and out.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

lmao, that just hits every flag

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There's no way that could be real

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Kitten cam

http://new.livestream.com/christineskittenroom/TARDISkittens/videos/43628305

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
Kitten eye view

http://new.livestream.com/christineskittenroom/events/2789465/videos/43604601

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

not the same kitty?

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

bathroom sounds posted:

Where do you live? How far do you drive on a daily basis?
Smart Cars are great as long as it's not too snowy and you're not doing serious commuting. Fiat 500s are not much more expensive but are 100x more comfortable and stylish inside and out.

SF, really hilly, no snow. To work and back is maybe 60 miles a day. Not a lot of parking near home or work, so really concerned about car length.
I have about $450 a month to go towards all car things.

Would be my first car. Have still driven a lot.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Today has been a great day. Sun was shining all day, and for dinner I cooked myself linguine with a homemade meat sauce and that was awesome, especially considering italian isn't really my forte.

And now its time to smoke a bowl

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SF, really hilly, no snow. To work and back is maybe 60 miles a day. Not a lot of parking near home or work, so really concerned about car length.

You'll probably die if you drive a SmartCar in San Francisco.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Also just get a car with good gas mileage. that's how I picked my hatchback

Tempus Fugit
Jan 31, 2008

Nice rain we're having right now, huh?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Corridor posted:

Tell her to black out her real face, maybe

She wouldn't do that. It might cause less people to harass her, but she feels it's not something she should have to do, as she is a very public person on the internet.

She used to get all kinds of crazy messages on MySpace, back when that was a thing.

grapey
Oct 10, 2012

Anything made by Toyota or Honda.

Or a sweet Pontiac Aztec like Walter white.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Tempus Fugit posted:

Nice rain we're having right now, huh?

It's lovely. <3

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

You'll probably die if you drive a SmartCar in San Francisco.

There are a lot of them around, so I think drivers are getting used to them

Though I just remembered the hills, and while my work commute avoids them, a manual transmission car would probably be the death of me.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

you rock posted:

next time you're out don't hold a door open for a male because it's literally triggering and makes them real sad lmao

http://www.thewire.com/culture/2014/02/men-are-fragile-and-do-not-need-your-common-courtesies/358451/

i literally get mad if someone doesnt extend the common loving courtesy of holding a door

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
There is no definition of business casual that includes Chucks, right?

Ughhh I'm going to have to buy shoes.

Also, what good places that are Loft/Gap/etc-ish where cute clothes can be found?

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug
Stupid boys are getting all passive aggressive that I don't give a gently caress about what they have to say about buying a car

You aren't the friends of mine that will help me fix my car
You aren't the friends of mine that will teach me how to fix my car

why do you think I caaaaaaaaaaaaare?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
i'm the guy that holds the door open when you are further away from the door than is comfortable requiring you to awkwardly speed up your walk

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Nessa posted:

she is a very public person on the internet

sorry, but i am kinda obligated to lol at this, and maybe even lmao

holy poo poo bobtail squid :3:

e. oh my loving god in my country they are known as the dumpling squid :3::3::3:

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
looks tasty

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Corridor posted:

e. oh my loving god in my country they are known as the dumpling squid :3::3::3:

I can't deal with this

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

oh yeah i just remembered i was gonna do a kitten photodump! lemme just go sort these photos out

this user has been trolled by Arf

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Corridor posted:

oh good, it's the jumping spider of the sea

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Corridor posted:

oh yeah i just remembered i was gonna do a kitten photodump! lemme just go sort these photos out

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
i have to wait another 10 minutes before my clean blanket can come out of the dryer and i can go to bed :negative:

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

Pick posted:

there are a lot of downsides to dating an AI, you should at least get some benefits, like it catering to you and not being a manipulative, whiny faux-quirky piece of poo poo
Digital A Love Story is the best AI romance
Analogue A Hate Story is good too but more because of the crazy politics in spaaaaaace, the AI characters while likeable are both kind of obnoxious

poopkitty posted:

I just got to work, but I left a pork butt in my crock pot with ACV, Brown Sugar, Catsup, Mustard, Cayenne and S&P. Gonna be good.
I read this as you leaving a pork in your butt crack and had to go back like 'I knew lady crew was gross but surely not this gross???'

Corridor posted:

yeah I definitely gotta get me a few hundred thousand of these little dudes

and now I get to go have my cervix poked

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

vaguely posted:

Digital A Love Story is the best AI romance
Analogue A Hate Story is good too but more because of the crazy politics in spaaaaaace, the AI characters while likeable are both kind of obnoxious

isn't that the one where you're a creepy molesto teacher banging his high school students? or am i thinking of some other one

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Corridor posted:

isn't that the one where you're a creepy molesto teacher banging his high school students? or am i thinking of some other one

probably a different one

everyone who wants to look at an insanely fluffy cat should click here

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

'Kay, so.... as some may know, I volunteer at an animal shelter. There are always many kitties here, also birds and occasional rabbits or a dog

These guys came in the other day... a mama cat and three babbys. They are close to three weeks I think? Just old enough to sort of stagger around, but still prefer to commando crawl everywhere or just roll about. They haven't been handled much either, so they all had screaming fits when I tried to pick them up (mama dgaf and ignores their shrieks of terror, I think she is kind of over being a parent)

Size comparison. Two clones of the mother, plus one lil grey :3:
I love the giant onion heads they have for the first few weeks

Grey was the only one awake most of the time
lookit them little footies

Another baby woke up!

She checks out the solid food, unsure if it's worth it yet (no)

They really didn't like having the kitten pile broken up. If one moved the others would just squirm together

Unless one decides it's food time, and the others are all suddenly reminded that food is loving great and then there's a mass surge to the milk-belly

FEEDING FRENZY

Yeah she's definitely over the parenting thing. Got a few more weeks to go yet, tho.

Mother cats tend to have this traumatised expression when they come in. A feral mother will spend ridiculous amounts of time not sleeping while they try to balance foraging for food along with safeguarding their kids.

For the first day they're all WTF IS GOING ON, then on the second day they figure that clean bed and free food is p okay, and they just crash and sleep for like a week. This cat is not actually too bad, since she had someone feeding her before she was brought in.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I am speechless

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
good kitties

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Portals posted:

I am speechless

lil pink nosey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
mail me all of these cats please

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread