Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

thexerox123 posted:

By the way, they released a little Perd-themed webisode today to make up for the Olympics hiatus!

And apparently Mike Patterson is going to be appearing in upcoming episodes.
"What is this bird doing here? :haw:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

thexerox123 posted:

By the way, they released a little Perd-themed webisode today to make up for the Olympics hiatus!

And apparently Mike Patterson is going to be appearing in upcoming episodes.

"If Ronald Reagan was still alive, and there's no reason he shouldn't be..."

"This is population control by big Obama..."

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Nate RFB posted:

"What is this bird doing here? :haw:"

That bit slayed me. The video was worth it for that line alone.

Also: "Don't you have a daughter you don't talk to?"

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Is this the first we've learned Crazy Ira is The Douche's uncle?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
So it seems like someone's favorite band is playing in Pawnee.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
There is nothing about that picture I don't like.

Looking at Adam Scott mugging handsomely at a camera for any length of time actively makes me gayer.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
So during this sad, sad time of no Parks and Rec, I present to you this edit of the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer that is what every Parks and Rec fan was probably thinking while watching the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uR3BdWCMIE

(Sorry if this was already posted, but I didn't see it going back a couple pages)

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 21, 2014

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

The closing theme to that film had better be something along the lines of:

SPACE
I WENT INTO SPACE
YOU WENT INTO SPACE
WE ALL WENT INTO SPAAAAAAAACE

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shingouryu posted:

So during this sad, sad time of no Parks and Rec, I present to you this edit of the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer that is what every Parks and Rec fan was probably thinking while watching the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uR3BdWCMIE

(Sorry if this was already posted, but I didn't see it going back a couple pages)

This is so great :allears:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
So I guess Amy Poehler and Joe Biden are Seth Meyer's first guests on Late Night.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And now, your regular reminder that Pawnee is, in fact, based on a true story.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

quote:

One spoke of how Adolf Hitler used fluoride to poison Jews in concentration camps and said that the leaders of Brooksville, which recently voted to restore fluoride to the city water supply, "should be arrested for crimes against humanity.''

:psyboom:

Wow. I think Parks probably considered using that line, but felt it would be too cartoonish.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

What? Is this the first time you've heard about fluoridation as an attack on Our Precious Bodily Fluids by fascist, communist Soviet Nazis?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ultramiraculous posted:

What? Is this the first time you've heard about fluoridation as an attack on Our Precious Bodily Fluids by fascist, communist Soviet Nazis?

No, but I had no idea it was STILL a thing compared to the current big-ticket items like legalizing bigotry and stand your ground laws.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's probably a bigger thing than ever now, because apparently the crazies on the left also also getting upset about things in the water that are "unnatural" and "chemicals", both of which are bad things now I guess.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
No one drinks tap water anymore anyway. I do all the time, but no matter where I live people lecture me on how it's dangerous and bad for me. :v:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

That Guardians of the Galaxy movie actually looks interesting and I am not usually a fan of comic movies. Yay Andy :unsmith:

Mercaptopropyl posted:

No one drinks tap water anymore anyway. I do all the time, but no matter where I live people lecture me on how it's dangerous and bad for me. :v:

Yeah people are paranoid about tap water even in western Canada where nothing is added and our local reservoir looks like this

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

leidend posted:

Yeah people are paranoid about tap water even in western Canada where nothing is added and our local reservoir looks like this

Ewwww. There's a house floating in your water...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ultramiraculous posted:

There is a reason I only drink distilled water, or rainwater, and only pure-grain alcohol

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013

Mercaptopropyl posted:

Yeah that still always surprises me. I've drank tap water my whole life, but not too long ago at work I had 6 separate people in one week make comments to me when I drank water from the water fountain saying "you really trust drinking that?" :shrug:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Joose Caboose posted:

Yeah that still always surprises me. I've drank tap water my whole life, but not too long ago at work I had 6 separate people in one week make comments to me when I drank water from the water fountain saying "you really trust drinking that?" :shrug:

American's have been brainwashed to think that bottled water is somehow better or safer than tap water. A lot of marketing has been done to make that happen. I remember watching a TV show, maybe it was TV Nation or the Daily Show I forget, where they go to a city where one of the bottled water companies uses the municipal water system to bottle their "spring water". So they went to the towns people with the bottled and tap water and everyone one of them said that the tap water was dangerous. :psyduck:

The only reason you have to not trust tap water is if the pipes in your home have issues, which is a bigger problem. Some places have water that tastes "odd" due to different minerals in the groundwater but it isn't going to hurt you.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, any city big enough to have water treatment facilities is going to have water that is of equal or better quality than bottled water. Plus you get benefits like fluoride in the water, and if something does go wrong, the treatment facilities notice pretty much immediately.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why does tap water in Los Angeles taste so bad then :colbert

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Because your taste is bad and you should feel bad1.

1I have never been to LA.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Djarum posted:

American's have been brainwashed to think that bottled water is somehow better or safer than tap water. A lot of marketing has been done to make that happen. I remember watching a TV show, maybe it was TV Nation or the Daily Show I forget, where they go to a city where one of the bottled water companies uses the municipal water system to bottle their "spring water". So they went to the towns people with the bottled and tap water and everyone one of them said that the tap water was dangerous. :psyduck:

Penn & Teller: Bullshit did a thing on it back in the day. Basically the takeaway is that bottled water ranges from "maybe a little cleaner" to "literally just your local tap water" to "somehow worse than tap water".

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Only America could be one of the few countries where drinking the tap water is fine, yet the population flat out refuse to do it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Only America could be one of the few countries where drinking the tap water is fine, yet the population flat out refuse to do it.

What are you going to tell me next vaccines don't cause autism?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just got caught up. I'm literallygoing to mourn the loss of my favorite character.

I'm apparently in the minority, because I did not find Craig funny at all.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Terrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

bobkatt013 posted:

What are you going to tell me next vaccines don't cause autism?

You mean you don't already have old high school friends on Facebook doing that for you? Must be nice.

That DICK! posted:

Just got caught up. I'm literallygoing to mourn the loss of my favorite character.

Ugh. Because of you I need to go lie down for fourty-five minutes. No, an hour. A full hour.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 27, 2014

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jerry was on a recent Comedy Bang Bang podcast episode which I didn't see mentioned here. It was the worst.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

That DICK! posted:

You're certainly not alone though. Perhaps it's dependant on knowing that actor, I just found him sort of annoying.

On the flip side, I recently found out that people find Jean-Ralphio tiring, which makes zero sense to me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PittTheElder posted:

On the flip side, I recently found out that people find Jean-Ralphio tiring, which makes zero sense to me.

I recently found out Jean-Raphio looks like a young Leon Trostsky.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
People who don't understand Jean-Ralphio are not flush with caash

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

PittTheElder posted:

You're certainly not alone though. Perhaps it's dependant on knowing that actor, I just found him sort of annoying.

I had never seen the actor before this show, I just find Craig hilarious. I love when he runs into Tom and he's like WHO EVEN ARE YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I'm okay with the character but hated something about the "A FULL HOUR" line which seemed to be popular with Craig fans.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Craig in small doses is a funny character but I don't particularly like the "full hour" line either.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
This just in: Michelle Obama is going to be on the season finale!

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
No Bill Murray, no deal :colbert:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I refuse to let this show end without Bill Murray as Gunderson. If this means we go 11 seasons and the entire original cast is gone except Jerry then that's the way it has to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This show will get the sitting President of the States before they get Murray.

• Locked thread