Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
I had a dumb bad question that got lost a while ago so I'll repeat it with more clarification:

I'm looking to build a reasonably cheap green "big things!" deck for either Standard or Modern. I'd like to splash either R or W (preferably not both, but eh) into said deck.

Is there a good pre-constructed deck on the market I could use for a base? If not, what would be a good place to start? I wouldn't mind grabbing some Garruks from M14, personally...

e: well that's a hell of a page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TicalStal
Apr 23, 2004
I promised America to the Fuhrer!

pointsofdata posted:

I wish they would start using Core Sets to reprint stuff like goyf or snapcaster or pretty much any card over $20. Might help prob sales up a bit too.

From the Vault: Invitational Winners

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Yeah, I'm kind of getting into modern, but it sucks to know that you're paying $40 for a Cryptic Command that you need for your deck and you know the card isn't worth that much, realistically. I don't know what's weirder, paying $80 for a Misty Rainforest or $18 dollars for a Remand, an uncommon from a fairly recent set.

Chorocojo
Sep 25, 2005

Legendary Enchantment Creature -- Bird God

qbert posted:

As someone who just got back into Magic in the last few months, I'm curious: how much were shock lands before the reprint?

During Scars Block, the Guildpact version of Steam Vents was an 8 dollar card. They spiked to 30 around Innistrad's release and maintained that until Return to Ravnica where they started a steady decline that still continues.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

ungulateman posted:

I had a dumb bad question that got lost a while ago so I'll repeat it with more clarification:

I'm looking to build a reasonably cheap green "big things!" deck for either Standard or Modern. I'd like to splash either R or W (preferably not both, but eh) into said deck.

Is there a good pre-constructed deck on the market I could use for a base? If not, what would be a good place to start? I wouldn't mind grabbing some Garruks from M14, personally...

Unfortunately, there's no Big Green precons. The closest thing is the Heroes and Monsters dual deck with Polukranos, but those decks aren't standard legal.

Red/Green is also a fairly popular standard deck archetype at the moment and a lot of the cards are going to carry a premium. Here's a sample. http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1187917

I'm not terribly well versed in Modern, but I don't know of any Big Green decks in that format.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Bonus posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of getting into modern, but it sucks to know that you're paying $40 for a Cryptic Command that you need for your deck and you know the card isn't worth that much, realistically. I don't know what's weirder, paying $80 for a Misty Rainforest or $18 dollars for a Remand, an uncommon from a fairly recent set.

Remand wasn't from Return to Ravnica, it was from Ravnica, which is quite a while ago. I agree it sucks though, I need 2 more Arid Mesa's and Marsh Falts, and it's $160ish which is too much for 4 cards.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Bonus posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of getting into modern, but it sucks to know that you're paying $40 for a Cryptic Command that you need for your deck and you know the card isn't worth that much, realistically.

Why isn't it worth that much?

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
*takes a long draw from his cigarette* Let me tell you about Mutavault...

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Mutavault's price cycle has been rather amusing. Also can we get a Modern Masters 2: Chronicles Edition? That would be real nice. Include fetches as well.

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

Promoted Pawn posted:

Why isn't it worth that much?

I get what you're saying. If I'm willing to pay $80 for it now, then it's worth that much to me. I'm talking about the customer resentment that comes up when people would like to get into modern and they're basically told "Pay big bucks or get out". It's bad for the game because it makes people less likely to get into it. I just wonder if WotC will really make prices for modern more accessible or will it get even more ridiculous. The next few years should be telling

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Boxn posted:

Remand wasn't from Return to Ravnica, it was from Ravnica, which is quite a while ago. I agree it sucks though, I need 2 more Arid Mesa's and Marsh Falts, and it's $160ish which is too much for 4 cards.

When I started playing Legacy in 2009, Urza's Saga was ten-years-old. In October of next year, Ravnica: City of Guilds is going to be ten-years-old.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Bosushi! posted:

Unfortunately, there's no Big Green precons. The closest thing is the Heroes and Monsters dual deck with Polukranos, but those decks aren't standard legal.

Red/Green is also a fairly popular standard deck archetype at the moment and a lot of the cards are going to carry a premium. Here's a sample. http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=1187917

I'm not terribly well versed in Modern, but I don't know of any Big Green decks in that format.

:stare: Well, I could theoretically blow some cash on that level of deck, but I'd really rather not.

I know somebody a long time ago mentioned they were in Brisbane - if you're still there, where do you get your Magic fix from?

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

ungulateman posted:

:stare: Well, I could theoretically blow some cash on that level of deck, but I'd really rather not.

I know somebody a long time ago mentioned they were in Brisbane - if you're still there, where do you get your Magic fix from?

There's a lot of cheap ways to get into magic.

If you have a circle of friends to play with, try the commander format.

There's a set of 5 precon decks that sell for 30 bucks each at Wal-Mart and Target. You could also try pauper Commander which is the very definition of cheap.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

suicidesteve posted:

dThe problem is you're pretty much repeating a blatantly false "fact" that a lot of people believe that keeps them out of Legacy. Until a year or so, I pretty much believed that too; if you don't have all 4 Forces, you don't have a chance because you're just going to die turn 0. That's definitely not even close to true. I just finished Legacy Affinity because I got tired of Breakfast Burrito and wanted to interact at least a little. The format is 100% about efficiency. Jace and Skrillex are free cards every turn, Stoneforge is a 2-mana instant speed Batterskull, Swords is a 1-mana, unconditional kill spell for a few life.

All the examples you give really aren't that bad. Show and Tell has counters (Ashen Rider, Consecrated Sohinx, Sower, Notion Thief, etc.) Marit Lage dies to Swords, Abrupt Decay, etc. Sometimes you're screwed turn 1, sure, but more often than not you have answers.

The worst part though about saying things like that is that you're ignoring the real problem of the format: the reserve list, and inflation in general. Having to drop $1500+ for a land base of fetches, duals, and Wastelands which anymore go through a significant price spike every few months is going to kill the format faster than any turn 1 deck.

That said, I'd say he overreacted pretty hard.

Thanks for replying and being totally reasonable instead of just insulting me.

I definitely agree that the thing keeping most people from getting into legacy is the absurd price of having a competitive deck and it's probably why Wizards is focusing on modern, because they can reprint those cards as much as they want to suck in all of the new players they've found in the last couple years.

Since you're talking about the reserve list being the problem keeping people out of the format, and to continue the discussion, I'm curious what you think would be the best solution? Should Wizards somewhat stop promoting legacy outside of one or two GPs a year and go whole hog for modern as it seems they're doing, should they scrap the reserve list, or should they ban stuff like the original dual lands to drastically reduce the cost of a competitive manabase? Or does Legacy continue to be the exclusive club for people who have either been playing forever or have tons of disposable income?

The point of my original post was not to say that legacy is a bad degenerate format, but that people are getting into modern because it's no longer controlled by 1 or 2 dominant decks as it has been in the last couple years, it's cheaper (for the time being), and still generally plays like regular Magic, only faster and more precisely tuned. It's kind of like the next step up once you graduate from Standard and want to be more competitive and have more cards at your disposal. I would say that legacy is way more daunting to new players than modern.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Bosushi! posted:

There's a lot of cheap ways to get into magic.

If you have a circle of friends to play with, try the commander format.

There's a set of 5 precon decks that sell for 30 bucks each at Wal-Mart and Target. You could also try pauper Commander which is the very definition of cheap.

A set of four. Stupid True Name Nemesis.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

What's the difference between Modern and Legacy? Just an available card pool?

Is there any reasons to play Modern over Legacy or Legacy over Modern?

Legacy is much better. Its got all the best cards, and everything's broken and unfair somehow, making every game insanely fun.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

ungulateman posted:

http://deckbox.org/sets/589740

Try this. Its super budget friendly (you can get most of the cards for cheaper than listed there), its G/W, standard legal, makes some good sized creatures, its aggressive and you'll get wins in a casual setting. I made it specifically to be cheap for a beginner and its been sucessful for them and fun. It also has room to have more stuff added, mainly the temples and shocklands, but also Voice of Resurgence. Voice is expensive right now ($25-30 usually) and rotates out in september so i wouldnt invest those if youre just starting.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Wow I am really surprised to see Fleecmane Lion and Advent of the Wurm that cheap! Looks like a good time to pick up a playset of each.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Bonus posted:

It's bad for the game because it makes people less likely to get into it.

No it's not bad for the game its bad for the format.

The game is about Standard and will continue to be about standard because making Standard the most appealing and accessible constructed format is pretty critical to Magic's business model. Selling new sets depends heavily on Standard maintaining its appeal and Modern being as cheap and accessible as the rotating format doesn't really go along with that vision.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Stinky Pit posted:

No it's not bad for the game its bad for the format.

The game is about Standard and will continue to be about standard because making Standard the most appealing and accessible constructed format is pretty critical to Magic's business model. Selling new sets depends heavily on Standard maintaining its appeal and Modern being as cheap and accessible as the rotating format doesn't really go along with that vision.

Yeah but I think they're realizing how they can get a set like Commander 2013 or a duel deck to get bought in the tens of thousands by people who have no interest in 99 of the cards.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Mortimer posted:

Yeah but I think they're realizing how they can get a set like Commander 2013 or a duel deck to get bought in the tens of thousands by people who have no interest in 99 of the cards.

Yep, and in that regard picking Remand to reprint wasn't a bad idea at all, as there will always be people annoyed about paying over $15 for uncommons.

Hell, I still refuse to pay for a Sensei's Divining Top for my Commander deck, even though I really want one.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Mortimer posted:

No they aren't that's so dumb. People who want single cards, buy single cards. No one who wants a Remand is paying 20 dollars for a Duel Deck just for that card.

They are just reprinting cards over time in a way that attempts to best balance the demands of many groups of customers who have very different wants. The Duel Decks for example allow them the opportunity to reprint cards like Remand, without having to navigate the repercussions of introducing the card into standard, printing cool new powerful cards in Commander decks, allows them to introduce powerful tools to the Legacy meta without having to deal with them in either Modern or Standard.

Its not a trick or some hijinks, Maro isn't wringing his hand thinking "hehehe now those players who don't like duel decks are definetely going to buy them"

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Stinky Pit posted:

I'm a college student, last year I made 4200 dollars.

In the past year I've gathered up a playset of duals, a playset of fetches, a playset of original shocks, a playset of new shocks, tons of Legacy and Modern staples, and a Time Walk.

My whole point is HOW did you get those cards? Presumably you didn't buy them all, which leads me to believe thay you either traded for them with cards you already had, which wasn't really an option when I had 3 cards worth more than $20, and no way was I trading Survival of the Fittest or Emrakul (my first mythic) or you speculated on some stuff and made a profit, which again, having been barely involved in the game for 10 years, I had no idea what was good, let alone what was going to go up in price.

I just think this is a really bad time to be getting back into Magic after being out of it or only casually into it for a while. Standard where I am consists of nothing but GR monsters and control, plus one funny Bant deck with all above the curve 2-drops plus that Orzhov sorcery that brings all creatures with cost X back from the grave, and limited isn't something I enjoy with good sets, let alone these ones. On top of all that, modern and legacy are getting more expensive by the week, so if you don't get that deck you like now, it's going to be another $100 next week.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Since you're talking about the reserve list being the problem keeping people out of the format, and to continue the discussion, I'm curious what you think would be the best solution? Should Wizards somewhat stop promoting legacy outside of one or two GPs a year and go whole hog for modern as it seems they're doing, should they scrap the reserve list, or should they ban stuff like the original dual lands to drastically reduce the cost of a competitive manabase? Or does Legacy continue to be the exclusive club for people who have either been playing forever or have tons of disposable income?

Ehhh. You're assuming that there is something to be done, or at least that I think there's something to be done. They've been pretty clear that they don't care how much it costs you to play, especially in Legacy, so I'm 100% sure they won't ever ban anything because it's expensive. Look at Library of Alexandria, Tabernacle, Chains of Mephistopheles, et al. My understanding is they don't give Legacy a ton of support as it is, but again, I don't think they'll ever stop supporting it.

I think their best chance to keep the price down at least a little bit was not to forbid premium versions (i.e. judge foils, FTV, etc.) of reserve list cards a few years ago. But they did that, so now we can be pretty sure they'll never make any new versions of those cards. At this point, aside from something like Snow Underground Sea or Vault of Tropical Island (that's the artifact version of Trop :v:) or doing something of questionable legality like transfering ownership of MtG to a shell company unbound by the reserve list, Garfield Games style (please do this,) I think the options are bite the bullet or get lucky at yard sales.

Fish Of Doom posted:

The point of my original post was not to say that legacy is a bad degenerate format, but that people are getting into modern because it's no longer controlled by 1 or 2 dominant decks as it has been in the last couple years, it's cheaper (for the time being), and still generally plays like regular Magic, only faster and more precisely tuned. It's kind of like the next step up once you graduate from Standard and want to be more competitive and have more cards at your disposal. I would say that legacy is way more daunting to new players than modern.

I don't know how much modern plays like regular Magic. I think it's really only standard that plays at all like kitchen table Magic, which is what I think of when I think of "regular Magic." Modern has a bunch of combo, which you don't really see aside from someone playing his deck with singleton Hexmage/Dark Depths, and nobody is going to kill you turn 4 with their sweet Troll/Cyclops tribal aggro deck with a splash of mill.

You're definitely right that someone borrowing their friend's Stoneblade deck for their first Legacy tournament is going to have a much harder time than someone borrowing pretty much any modern deck. And that's really the unfortunate thing, I think. I wish I'd started getting into it a year ago instead of modern, but like I said before, until recently I was pretty sure Legacy was a turn 1 or turn 20 format, which sounds awful, so I went with the less degenerate format.

I'm going to start setting $100 or so a week aside for my Legacy budget. Hopefully that'll be enough to get my staples within the year. I already have Affinity and I'd like to end up with Shardless BUG and Stoneblade so I can get other people in on the awesomeness that is Legacy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

suicidesteve posted:

Yeah, every time I look at prices I wish I would have bought that $400 Alpha Lotus or the $50 Mox, or the $10 duals but being 8 didn't put me in a great position to do that, not that I understood why I would want to pay $10 for a land that's 2 lands in 1 anyway. I really wish I'd bought Revised instead of 4th, but why would I buy THIRD edition when FOURTH edition was out? That doesn't make any sense! Force of Will, on the other hand I knew was really good when it was $15, but again, being 14 didn't put me in a much better position to buy them either.

I stopped buying a ton of Magic after the set before Mirrodin (Onslaught?) and didn't really get back into it until recently in RTR block. I'd usually buy a fat pack or 2 to see what I got, and more of the sets I really liked, especially ROE and NPH. But aside from an Emrakul, I never really got anything of value. So it's pretty frustrating that I bought all those cards, got nothing of value, and now I have to buy all these other cards at these ridiculous prices. And this is coming from someone who, without trying to brag, makes substantially more than most Magic players. I honestly don't know how someone working at Lowe's or whatever can afford to buy a $2500 Jund deck.

I always wonder how the guy at my FNM who loads trucks for a living buys a case of every new set that comes out...

On another note I've been playing Pauper on MTGO and it's usually been fun other than against these horrible storm decks. How did not EVERYONE quit playing magic when that was dominating standard? I'm so glad I wasn't playing back then.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Thanks for the help, guys!

I just bought three booster packs and my third had This bad boy in it. Pretty good luck, if not in line with Mr. "I just got three Xenagos". :haw:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I had a reasonably well paying job, and I'm a judge who gets boxes of cards and store credit just for doing what I love, and I've still never even thought of building a Legacy or Modern deck due to the price. I don't know how college kids are throwing together these decks.

I did just lose my job, and trying to think of what to sell is painful. Fetchlands need to go now, I'm sure, because those can possibly expect a reprint in about a year. But I'm hesitant to ever get rid of anything on the reserve list because I don't see an end point in sight for Underground Seas.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

mcmagic posted:

I always wonder how the guy at my FNM who loads trucks for a living buys a case of every new set that comes out...

On another note I've been playing Pauper on MTGO and it's usually been fun other than against these horrible storm decks. How did not EVERYONE quit playing magic when that was dominating standard? I'm so glad I wasn't playing back then.

They banned all the good Storm cards in Pauper a while ago, the closest thing to storm now is an Esper Control deck that's similar to the old FissurePost deck.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

suicidesteve posted:

My whole point is HOW did you get those cards? Presumably you didn't buy them all, which leads me to believe thay you either traded for them with cards you already had, which wasn't really an option when I had 3 cards worth more than $20, and no way was I trading Survival of the Fittest or Emrakul (my first mythic) or you speculated on some stuff and made a profit, which again, having been barely involved in the game for 10 years, I had no idea what was good, let alone what was going to go up in price.

I started fresh, without anything, late in 2010 I think. Since then I've spent an average of like 20 dollars of real income a week on my Magic habit.

One of the guys at my shop asked me once how I went along and built such a good collection(at the time I was halfway through finishing my first strong Legacy deck) I opened his binder, immediately pointed to all his Innistrad lands and said "sell them" he took some convincing, he needed Isolated Chapel, and Woodland Cemetery, but they could be sold for like, 15 dollars, I asked him to trust me and he did. He was landless for a little bit and he gave me tons of poo poo at FNM for weeks after. It was October 2012, he sold all those cards, and bought Misty Rainforests for 20 dollars (and other stuff) The other day I jokingly asked him if he wanted to sell me his Fetchlands so he could buy back the precious Innistrad lands he was so mad I convinced him to sell.

Magic is an expensive hobby but if you don't need immediate gratification its a lot less pricey, and if you're willing to be without staple cards for standard for chunks of time, you can even come out ahead. Go back and look at your collection and think to yourself sometime "How much money could I have if I had been willing to play without this card for X months?" I mean remember when Thundermaw Hellkite was 50 dollars? Remember when Seachrome Coast was 20?

I spent a long time going "Whoah Inkmoth Nexus is 20 dollars?" and selling them immediately, I played a lot of bad decks, I lost a lot, but my collection just got better and better and after a while, I could sell extra cards or unwanted cards, and continue building a collection while playing good decks.

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 28, 2014

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010
As an EDH player, a lot of my cards have appreciated in value but it's not actually a great feeling. My box of three casual EDH decks is worth over $1,000 TCG mid now and I don't even have any fetches or duals. Do I really want to have so much money tied up in a glorified toy? I mean, my collection is way more valuable now but that doesn't help me unless I want to cash it out, and it just means that it's more expensive for me to pick up cards for new decks.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Stinky Pit posted:

Magic is an expensive hobby but if you don't need immediate gratification its a lot less pricey, and if you're willing to be without staple cards for standard for chunks of time, you can even come out ahead. Go back and look at your collection and think to yourself sometime "How much money could I have if I had been willing to play without this card for X months?" I mean remember when Thundermaw Hellkite was 50 dollars? Remember when Seachrome Coast was 20?

Nope. I don't remember any of that. I only really caught the tail end of INN block, and never got anything even remotely valuable from it. Not even so much as a check land. Believe me, if I had a Thundermaw and it was $50, I'd have sold it. I really wasn't interested in standard even back then. The only thing I ever got that I wish I had sold right away was a single Thragtusk when it was still around $15. In fact, I sold all my RTR shocks right when they peaked around $12+ and got them back several times over now that they're all around $8.

I keep minimal Standard cards, none of which are valuable. I already traded 2 of my 3 spare Jace, AoTs plus some random standard jank for a shiny and regular Thoughtseize, of which I've amassed like, 22 and 6 respectively through trades. I've traded all but I think 1 Sphinx's Revs, most recently one for 2 Abrupt Decays, a shock, and some random jank. I just traded my spare Brimaz for a Geist and Mindcensor. It's nice being one of the few people who hates standard because I can trade my otherwise useless standard cards for eternal stuff and/or shocks all day long. I've got a stack of shocks that's a good 5 inches tall sleeved, most of which I traded stuff that's going to devalue hard in a few months for.

I could probably get rid of my 2 Domris and both other Kitty Kings, I guess - I don't see either
staying at $30.
Also, what caused Domri to suddenly jump to $30? Did he see some play in a modern deck that I missed, or is he the new hotness in standard?

Edit2: Anyway, sounds like we're pretty much doing the same thing except you had a headstart/got better cards with which to do it.

vvvvv
Edit: Yeah, but he's always been in there. Is it just because everyone in the world is playing RG monsters now? I thought maybe my store being nothing but RG was a fluke, but maybe not? I really don't even pay attention to what decks people play in Standard, just what cards are played.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 28, 2014

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yeah Domri is played in GR monsters standard, which is your generic green ramp to big threats deck.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Konstantin posted:

They banned all the good Storm cards in Pauper a while ago, the closest thing to storm now is an Esper Control deck that's similar to the old FissurePost deck.

Is that the deck that plays bounce lands and cloud of faries over and over again with those walls that reduce blue spells by 1 to mill you out with the chreature that mills two whenever they play a creature? Cause that's what I keep losing to.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Is that the deck that plays bounce lands and cloud of faries over and over again with those walls that reduce blue spells by 1 to mill you out with the chreature that mills two whenever they play a creature? Cause that's what I keep losing to.

Faerie decks soured me on playing pauper. It's just never a fun matchup for any of my decks.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Everyone knows Izzet Blitz is the spiritual successor to Storm in pauper.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pointsofdata posted:

They changed core sets from all reprints to mostly new cards to make them sell better, adding a bunch of medium money cards isn't going to hurt that.

What world are you living in that goyf and bob are "medium money"?

Sampatrick posted:

Mutavault's price cycle has been rather amusing. Also can we get a Modern Masters 2: Chronicles Edition? That would be real nice. Include fetches as well.

Why do people keep saying this like it's a good idea? It's really not. It's a really terrible idea. Don't do this, WotC.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Feb 28, 2014

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Literally The Worst posted:

What world are you living in that goyf and bob are "medium money"?

etc.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I've always wondered, how much worse would Tabernacle be as a zero-drop artifact or artifact?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I dont understand what these have to do with reprinting modern cards? Also two of those cards are reserve list so that's a pretty shite argument!

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009

Literally The Worst posted:

Products with smaller print runs are worth more money? Get out.

Also there's other reasons those won't be reprinted besides value.

That isn't even what he's arguing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

That isn't even what he's arguing.

It's a real poo poo argument that I can't even figure out how to respond to. Cards with small print runs that are on the reserve list are real expensive, yes, but what does this have to do with reprints as they pertain to modern and when you're talking about modern reprints how the gently caress are Goyf and Bob medium money?

• Locked thread